PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Exclusive Masterpiece Starscream Not Being Released In Canada

Super_Megatron
11-01-2007, 10:45 AM
It's with great regret that we report to our fellow Canadians that an extremely reliable source has let us know that at this time the Walmart Exclusive Masterpiece Starscream figure will not be released in Canada.

Share your thoughts on this by clicking the reply button.

See what Transformers toys are being sighted in your area in our Canadian Transformers Sightings (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=4) forum.

BadJeff
11-01-2007, 10:47 AM
Well, at least we know now. Sucks ass, but it beats waiting another month for an answer. Thanks for the update Super Megatron.

RX79GMCustom
11-01-2007, 10:50 AM
i hope toys r us releases it. i mean they released that walmart exclusive marvel legends here. if not, ill just wait til ebay prices flat out or just get the 'clean' ss fom hlj

Team Jetfire
11-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the news...

No thanks to Walmart.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
11-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Yeah, thanks, good to know...but any chance we can get more details on the confirmation as this 'reliable source confirming no release in Canada' is exactly what happened with Commemorative Soundwave and then a month later he was coming out in Canada. Maybe there's still some sort of chance he'll show up a few months down the line? (maybe at TRU...or Loblaws Superstore :rolleyes:)

noodle
11-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Walmart Exclusive Masterpiece Starscream figure will not be released in Canada?!
[insert sadface here.]
I guess that means I'm going to have to try to travel down to the states just a bit more often.

lars573
11-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Yeah, thanks, good to know...but any chance we can get more details on the confirmation as this 'reliable source confirming no release in Canada' is exactly what happened with Commemorative Soundwave and then a month later he was coming out in Canada. Maybe there's still some sort of chance he'll show up a few months down the line? (maybe at TRU...or Loblaws Superstore :rolleyes:)
Well we won't know if it ever will till Feb or March '08. Which seems to be the wait time for these type of exclusives. (4-5 months after US release) Commemorative Sounwave came out here in June '07 after being release in Jan '07 in the US. The movie scouts are hitting here now after being released in June state side.

Sam's Happy Time
11-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Figures...

Paradigm-Shift Prime
11-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Well we won't know if it ever will till Feb or March '08. Which seems to be the wait time for these type of exclusives. (4-5 months after US release) Commemorative Sounwave came out here in June '07 after being release in Jan '07 in the US. The movie scouts are hitting here now after being released in June state side.

Yeah it took Soundwave a long time to come out here but he seemed to get delayed a few times. However it was around a month after it was reported that Soundwave definately would not be released here that it was reported that he definately would be released here (and then the delay ensued).

Super_Megatron
11-01-2007, 11:45 AM
The situation with Soundwave changed. We never got confirmation but what likely happened is Canada was able to piggyback onto the US order for that item. Unfortunately I understand that this won't be able to happen with Starscream at this time. Makes sense that SS will not be appearing up here since Walmart exclusives rarely do. Of course these are all good questions for Hasbro at TFcon this June.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
11-01-2007, 11:50 AM
The situation with Soundwave changed. We never got confirmation but what likely happened is Canada was able to piggyback onto the US order for that item. Unfortunately I understand that this won't be able to happen with Starscream at this time. Makes sense that SS will not be appearing up here since Walmart exclusives rarely do. Of course these are all good questions for Hasbro at TFcon this June.

Thanks for the info, yeah I wasn't counting on SS coming out up here but it's hard to hear a 'not coming out' without hearing a real account of why, anytime, but particularly given the SW case.

jourdo
11-01-2007, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the update. Boo-urns for Starscream not getting his passport in order.

BadJeff
11-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the update. Boo-urns for Starscream not getting his passport in order.

Yeah, he must of had problems with the Department of Homeland Security.......

Dinobot Swoop
11-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Words fail me to explain how I feel about this lousy turn of events. And as I said on TFW2005: Bloody lazy buncha... :mad:

CobraCommander
11-01-2007, 12:19 PM
:(

optimus_mike83
11-01-2007, 12:26 PM
is now the time to jump on ebay for one of these? there are dozens of auctions, usually for around $65 each. seems decent....will the price only go up?

beatrush
11-01-2007, 12:26 PM
figures... Walmart and Hasbro must not like money.

Batman
11-01-2007, 12:33 PM
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I expected this, but now I guess I can turn to ebay. He will still be cheaper than what I paid for MP-03 anyway. I really wish Hasbro had better Canadian distribution/exclusive deals.

dak
11-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Don't blame Hasbro Canada. They offer the toys, and it's up to the retailers to purchase it from Hasbro. Blame Wal-mart.

Spacemonkey
11-01-2007, 12:44 PM
That's very disapointing. Concerning ebay i won yesterday an auction for him for 62$ US (around 58-59$ can) but 30$ for shipping. I lost the auction with beter shipping price but at least it's under 100$. Theres a big question remaining: why making a store exclusive with a figure highly wanted. We are put aside again. :( :(

Paradigm-Shift Prime
11-01-2007, 12:58 PM
That's very disapointing. Concerning ebay i won yesterday an auction for him for 62$ US (around 58-59$ can) but 30$ for shipping. I lost the auction with beter shipping price but at least it's under 100$. Theres a big question remaining: why making a store exclusive with a figure highly wanted. We are put aside again. :( :(

Yeah the store exclusive thing drives me (and I assume all Cdns) nuts. Either it's Target or we don't get them anyways. It seems to be the result of a mix of not enough retailers taking interest in the product and 'we got it, you didn't' competition between the retailers (Target is in the process of wiping out walmart).

My hockey coach used to use the expression 'numb nuts' for someone who just stayed still and didn't do anything, and if the people who make decisions for Wal-Mart USA are numb nuts, then we know just how out of tune, clueless, and numb-nutted those working in Wal-Mart Canada's office are (they probably think Pokemon and Ba Da Mon are this x-mas season's hot products).

neospike
11-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Ah, ffs. Way to screw the pooch, Wal-Mart Canada.

And yes, I heard back from the district mgr I contacted and can confirm he's not happening.

Razorwing
11-01-2007, 01:11 PM
" You failed us yet again, Starscream.. "

General Tekno
11-01-2007, 01:16 PM
..."Get them!"

Seriously, this sucks.

RED51977
11-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Well looks like a trip to the states is in order as this really sucks he won't come to Canada. But was anyone really surprised by the answer.

Cruellock
11-01-2007, 02:03 PM
What the heck? I'm really starting to hate Walmart. They won't drop the price on a majority of their products, and now we don't get Starscream.

Uni-En
11-01-2007, 02:04 PM
f*ck walmart canada...

PrimeConvoy
11-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Not a big suprise , but like everyone else I wanted this guy to make his way up here. Guess i'll be doing sone online shopping trying to get this guy and maybe if my sister is going down to the states i'll get her to get me one

Euroflip
11-01-2007, 02:21 PM
Well thanks to this thread confirming the inevitable..... i just won one off e-bay. if he does come up here in a few months i can always get another lol

Mumps
11-01-2007, 02:23 PM
well, now I know not to cancel my rather expensive pre-order from Kooltoyz...

SPLIT LIP
11-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Sons of bitches. Dammit Wal*mart.

I thought maybe I could buy it off Kooltoyz.ca, but they charge $100?! Guess they won't be getting my buisness anytime soon. (especialy with he WSTF Dinobots delay.:( )

Paradigm-Shift Prime
11-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Sons of bitches. Dammit Wal*mart.

I thought maybe I could buy it off Kooltoyz.ca, but they charge $100?! Guess they won't be getting my buisness anytime soon. (especialy with he WSTF Dinobots delay.:( )

It's not just KT, a lot of major online sellers have him going for $100, but I don't know what the heck they've all been smoking. This is not a japanese import.

soundwaveCA
11-01-2007, 02:33 PM
It's not just KT, a lot of major online sellers have him going for $100, but I don't know what the heck they've all been smoking. This is not a japanese import.

Well considering they are probably paying a markup themselves and factor in shipping and the costs can run up pretty quick. Even at $100 I doubt anybody is making any money off of these.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
11-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Well considering they are probably paying a markup themselves and factor in shipping and the costs can run up pretty quick. Even at $100 I doubt anybody is making any money off of these.

Really? At $48.88 retail?

One place I could see them losing a bit of ground is doing flat rate shipping and MP SS might cost more than the flat rate to ship but still seems like a fair bit of room for profit margin compared to other items.

soundwaveCA
11-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Really? At $48.88 retail?

One place I could see them losing a bit of ground is doing flat rate shipping and MP SS might cost more than the flat rate to ship but still seems like a fair bit of room for profit margin compared to other items.

Do you think CDN stores really pay the $48.88 retail price tag for these? I guess the other factor too is CDN stores could just not bring it in at all. Remember to this is a high demand item and stores have to make a living somehow. I don't understand why people get into such a huff over this, if you don't like the price don't buy it. Fact is Starscream is going to be high in demand and hard to get for $50 even for a lot of people in the US. Unfortunatly this is the reality of collecting these things I'm afraid.

tripleb
11-01-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm not shocked about this news, but it still blows!

Paradigm-Shift Prime
11-01-2007, 03:20 PM
That sort of seems like 2 different issues, from saying the stores won't make much money on him and need to charge a lot to keep their head above water, to saying stores should be able to make a larger profit margin on him because of his availability and demand.

Constructicon
11-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Do you think CDN stores really pay the $48.88 retail price tag for these? I guess the other factor too is CDN stores could just not bring it in at all. Remember to this is a high demand item and stores have to make a living somehow. I don't understand why people get into such a huff over this, if you don't like the price don't buy it. Fact is Starscream is going to be high in demand and hard to get for $50 even for a lot of people in the US. Unfortunatly this is the reality of collecting these things I'm afraid.

I totally agree with you on this. A lot of the independant retailers get their stock from various means, and it jacks up the cost.

The fact that we are not getting SS is because Canadian Walmart are not or cannot get the order. Soundwave could come to Canada was mainly because there were enough order attempts from Canadian TRU store managers. Why Walmart Canada couldn't do it? It either that they hate Transformers on the shelf or there just aren't enough to fulfill the orders.

dragon_ap
11-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Damn! I can't believe this. I feel like flying down to the US and buy one or 2 using my passes.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
11-01-2007, 03:40 PM
Damn! I can't believe this. I feel like flying down to the US and buy one or 2 using my passes.

I'm thinking of doing this too, but be warned I don't think anywhere in Buffalo/Niagara has them yet (anyone in the Toronto/southern Ontario area with knowledge elsewise? please? :p). That is my concern, if I make the trip I would like to know they are in the Wal-Mart/s I'd be visiting.

Super_Megatron
11-01-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm thinking they will be hard to find in border towns unfortunately because of this.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
11-01-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm thinking they will be hard to find in border towns unfortunately because of this.

lol, yeah we'll be heading across the border like lemmings and I suppose large amounts of Canadians will all be going to the same few stores eh.

Benzo
11-01-2007, 03:57 PM
that sucks!! gonna have to plan a trip to the States soon before black friday

protoform_ironhide
11-01-2007, 03:57 PM
This is disappointing. Hope Walmart will give us a surprise for x'mas.

Robimus
11-01-2007, 04:07 PM

Yes, I've made three cross border trips in the past few months and Grand Forks(the closest city) has not had much in the way of exclusives. No movie G1 Jazz's, no G1 movie Screamers, handful of scouts which are now at Superstore. I did get lucky on the Best Buy exclusives but it was the last two they had. If your planning a day trip just for Starscream I'd call ahead to see if they have it in stock....................

Euroflip
11-01-2007, 04:39 PM
On the bright side since we know now that screamers not coming to canada, there's still plenty of time to grab one elsewhere before xmas

dragon_ap
11-01-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm thinking of doing this too, but be warned I don't think anywhere in Buffalo/Niagara has them yet (anyone in the Toronto/southern Ontario area with knowledge elsewise? please? :p). That is my concern, if I make the trip I would like to know they are in the Wal-Mart/s I'd be visiting.

I actually work for an airline and I have people in places like, NY, CT, FL and ATL... But now im thinking of contacting my cousins to buy one or 2 for me and ship it up.

Sunstar
11-01-2007, 05:51 PM
that bites severly.

Echotransformer
11-01-2007, 07:07 PM
Once again the Canadian Market is severly underestimated for it's volume sales potential in this newly invigorated franchise.

Are they basing this on the performance of Alternators and Masterpiece Prime from the past? Has the success of the Movie line not been noticed?

I think we should all sent a message (written letter, e-mail or other) to WalMart informing them that there are many people that would purchase such a toy.

Perhaps our cumulative voice can have some influence...likely not for this figure, but in the very least for those in the future.

--Echo

BadJeff
11-01-2007, 07:45 PM
Wonder how many sigs we could get if we started a petition?

jourdo
11-01-2007, 07:49 PM
You would have to put together an old fashioned paper one to have any meaning. I would definitely sign one though.

... or does anyone know Walmart Canada's corporate HQ address? We could put together a letter and all send them the same thing.

bluefrenzy
11-01-2007, 11:26 PM
NOOOO!! Well I guess it's off to Ebay for me. At least our dollar is still going up

Slave
11-02-2007, 07:55 AM
Well Since this isnt coming out in canada... I have to import it... but now I got a dilema...

G1 MP Starscream or MP Skywarp?

-They are about the same price...
-I love Starscream color scheme and he's a bigger Icon in the TF compared to skywarp
-Skywarp has been confirmed to be die-cast & plastic while I cant find any info on starscream if he's in die-cast... 'cuz I dont want to pay 100$ just for pretty colors & plastic.

Anyone knows if G1 starscream will be in plastic or metal?

Tech Spec
11-02-2007, 08:02 AM
I'd rather go to Ebay and pay close to $80usd shipped, instead of paying $99cdn plus taxes and shipping from an online retailer. Let the internet hunt begin....

rid
11-02-2007, 08:38 AM
I'd rather go to Ebay and pay close to $80usd shipped, instead of paying $99cdn plus taxes and shipping from an online retailer. Let the internet hunt begin....

Totally agreed. Got mine yesterday for $80 shipped. Even if I get dutied, it's still cheaper then 99+tx+S&H.

Spacemonkey
11-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Totally agreed. Got mine yesterday for $80 shipped. Even if I get dutied, it's still cheaper then 99+tx+S&H.
80$ shipped!! Wow better than me. Got mine for approximatly 89$ cnd including shipping (30$ US for shipping). At least I paid less than 100$ overall.

QuadESL63
11-02-2007, 09:05 AM
80$ shipped!! Wow better than me. Got mine for approximatly 89$ cnd including shipping (30$ US for shipping). At least I paid less than 100$ overall.

I paid $88.XX, shipping included, on ePay yesterday. Yes, still cheaper than any online dealer.

kooltoyz
11-02-2007, 09:28 AM

You are correct. Many people don't realize that Wal Mart's cost compared to online retailers cost is night and day. I understand the frustration that everyone is going through and I am frustrated as well. It all comes down to what the suppliers offer and we can't dictate what they set wholesale prices to. Now if they offer reduced rates then it will be carried down to the customers.

rid
11-02-2007, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with $80cdn shipped. But I actually paid more for SS than you. But my S&H is only $15. S&H is what many people usually forget to check before buying/biding. eBay has a search feature that checks for BIN+S&H, sort by price (including S&H). You can use that next time to check what the total price you'd be paying. That's how I got mine.

Edit: D'oh! Just now, my buddy says he's heading for the states! If he only told me that yesterday, before I bought SS online. Maybe I can ask him to get 50 SS for all board members :D

Spacemonkey
11-02-2007, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty happy with $80cdn shipped. But I actually paid more for SS than you. But my S&H is only $15. S&H is what many people usually forget to check before buying/biding. eBay has a search feature that checks for BIN+S&H, sort by price (including S&H). You can use that next time to check what the total price you'd be paying. That's how I got mine.

Edit: D'oh! Just now, my buddy says he's heading for the states! If he only told me that yesterday, before I bought SS online. Maybe I can ask him to get 50 SS for all board members :D
Yeah I know i check to for the shipping cost on ebay but i lost the auctions with better shipping cost. But when i bid i take in consideration the total price i will pay item + shipping. Actually there are two ways to get a chance to have SS for a "reasonable" price before trying online retailers: ebay or cross the border.

QuadESL63
11-02-2007, 11:57 AM

He might get nothing at the end :eek: :D

lazerfish
11-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Godamn Hasbro/Walmart Canada Strikes Again!:mad::mad::mad: At least with the dollar, makes buying in the US not so bad. Plenty of MP Starscreams on E-Bay and you can pre-order at Kool Toyz....:D

Paradigm-Shift Prime
11-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Well Since this isnt coming out in canada... I have to import it... but now I got a dilema...

G1 MP Starscream or MP Skywarp?

-They are about the same price...
-I love Starscream color scheme and he's a bigger Icon in the TF compared to skywarp
-Skywarp has been confirmed to be die-cast & plastic while I cant find any info on starscream if he's in die-cast... 'cuz I dont want to pay 100$ just for pretty colors & plastic.

Anyone knows if G1 starscream will be in plastic or metal?

They both have a hinge or two that is metal but both are 99% plastic.

dragon_ap
11-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Someone from walmart just called me... they said don't have it and don't see it coming, but it might change ... i really think he has no idea about but it was just a try.

rid
11-02-2007, 03:42 PM
If you all hurry, there's a guy selling several SS on eBay with BIN of $59.99. And S&H seems reasonable too.

Super_Megatron
11-02-2007, 04:36 PM
If you all hurry, there's a guy selling several SS on eBay with BIN of $59.99. And S&H seems reasonable too.

Links?

rid
11-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Links?

They were gone within 20min. But to answer your question, below are the links. You can keep an eye on this seller. He might have more coming.
auction 1
(http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Masterpiece-Starscream-TransFormers-Walmart-Exclus_W0QQitemZ180176115071QQihZ008QQcategoryZ155 343QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) auction 2 (http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Masterpiece-Starscream-TransFormers-Walmart-Exclus_W0QQitemZ180176115486QQihZ008QQcategoryZ155 343QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

TTT
11-02-2007, 08:54 PM
They were gone within 20min. But to answer your question, below are the links. You can keep an eye on this seller. He might have more coming.
auction 1
(http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-1751-2978-71/1?AID=5463217&PID=1693881&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2FNew-Masterpiece-Starscream-TransFormers-Walmart-Exclus_W0QQitemZ180176115071QQihZ008QQcategoryZ155 343QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) auction 2 (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-1751-2978-71/1?AID=5463217&PID=1693881&loc=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2FNew-Masterpiece-Starscream-TransFormers-Walmart-Exclus_W0QQitemZ180176115486QQihZ008QQcategoryZ155 343QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)
Looks like he only ships within USA ...AND ....uses UPS so you'd be looking at another $40.00 when they knock on your door....:mad:

rid
11-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Looks like he only ships within USA ...AND ....uses UPS so you'd be looking at another $40.00 when they knock on your door....:mad:
He ships worldwide:
"International bidders will pay more for shipping."

And you can negociate on courier service. When I see they use UPS, I always ask they use different means. I'd ask them to use USPS and pay $5-$10 extra to convince them. I'll save on duties.

Tech Spec
11-02-2007, 10:39 PM
If I can get one for $85usd shipped i'll be happy. Gonna wait and see what the TFW2005 board members find this weeknd. They say that Wal-Mart is doing a toy reset this weekend and could have some more MP Screamers by Monday.

jourdo
11-02-2007, 11:09 PM
I caved and went with eBay ($83.75 US Shipped). He has one more (LINK (http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320178026251&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=011)).

Incepticon
11-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Edited due to too many PM's coming in trying to reserve.

Will post again when the extras show up and are actually in hand.

Pascal
11-05-2007, 01:29 AM
So what is the real retail price for that figure in the US? $48 or more?

Heatbag
11-05-2007, 01:40 AM
the retail price is $48.88 I believe.

Incepticon
11-05-2007, 02:08 AM
Yup, $48.88 or $48.99 is what it's being sold for in stores down there. Would be nice if some of *those* prices eventually show up on eBay instead of all the current ones hiked up by 50% to 100%.

Heatbag
11-05-2007, 03:22 AM
the ebay prices have come down somewhat, as starscream becomes more saturated the prices should dip heavily, at least thats my opinion. Of course the ebay sellers can always count on us canucks for sales. And some of course will overcharge on shipping.

jourdo
11-06-2007, 12:39 AM
And some of course will overcharge on shipping.

Isn't this the only way to make money on eBay? :confused:

Dark Rage
11-06-2007, 01:18 AM
You can always make friends on TFW2005 ;)

I'm laughing at all the Asian sellers, nobody's going to buy from them, since their prices are over double the price, it'd be even worser if they paid over Walmart's retail price for it too!

Maximus*Prime13
11-06-2007, 04:29 PM
See what happens when you're offline for a while - everything goes to hell...

I knew that we weren't going to get MP Starscream up here. :mad:

optimus_mike83
11-10-2007, 09:39 PM
if anyones looking there is a seller on tfw2005 (grimlock a go go) who is selling 5 MP starscreams for $60 each. $75 shipped to ottawa, ON...

Paradigm-Shift Prime
11-12-2007, 04:33 PM
if anyones looking there is a seller on tfw2005 (grimlock a go go) who is selling 5 MP starscreams for $60 each. $75 shipped to ottawa, ON...

Do you have a link to a thread he posted in so I can PM him? Thanks.

optimus_mike83
11-12-2007, 04:36 PM
unfortunately they are all sold now... luck of the draw that i went online just after 8pm saturday night! he posted 5 mins earlier..

Do you have a link to a thread he posted in so I can PM him? Thanks.

BadJeff
11-12-2007, 05:10 PM
unfortunately they are all sold now... luck of the draw that i went online just after 8pm saturday night! he posted 5 mins earlier..
Forgot to thank you for that too. Thanks!

optimus_mike83
11-12-2007, 05:35 PM
no problem! glad i could help... hope we get him soon :D

Forgot to thank you for that too. Thanks!

grock35
11-14-2007, 08:49 PM
if you guys put your names on the mp starscream list (it's pinned in the for sales section of tfw2005) ppl will help you out...currently i have one on the way for me.