Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > International Transformers News

Old 09-23-2015, 08:40 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Mastermind Creations Ocular Max-01 Sphinx Final Colored Images and In Package Picture

Mastermind Creations Ocular Max-01 Sphinx Final Colored Images and In Package Pictures

Category: 3rd Party Unlicensed

Posted From: TFW2005.COM - Transformers
Old 09-23-2015, 09:05 AM   #2
elburrito
Animated
Re: Mastermind Creations Ocular Max-01 Sphinx Final Colored Images and In Package Pic

Riddle of the Sphinx
No longer Invisible
Ocular Mirage

Sale & Trade

Last edited by elburrito; 09-23-2015 at 09:42 AM.
elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:59 AM   #3
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise
Re: Mastermind Creations Ocular Max-01 Sphinx Final Colored Images and In Package Pic

Although I do like the color of Sphinx, I prefer my figures as representations of the cartoon, not the toy; so I think I'm going to stick with my Invisible. The chest area on Sphinx has no room for a symbol, which if I remember correctly is how the toy was, I think it had it on the crotch/leg area.

Also, the color of Invisible isn't completely off when you look at some cartoon images. The blue on the cartoon was darker than on the toy.

Last edited by innermanchild; 09-23-2015 at 10:01 AM.
innermanchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:29 AM   #4
ironclaugh
Armada

You know... I'm not suuuuuper into autobots, but This guys looks pretty rad. Could be a good MP stand-in.
ironclaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:00 PM   #5
elburrito
Animated

Hah! I prefer Sphinx for the same reason, but think Invisible is more like the toy (wheels out the back and ferring behind the head). Guess there's a fair bit of the subjective when it comes to collecting and even appreciating toys.

[QUOTE=innermanchild;660233]Although I do like the color of Sphinx, I prefer my figures as representations of the cartoon, not the toy; so I think I'm going to stick with my Invisible. The chest area on Sphinx has no room for a symbol, which if I remember correctly is how the toy was, I think it had it on the crotch/leg area.

Also, the color of Invisible isn't completely off when you look at some cartoon images. The blue on the cartoon was darker than on the toy.

[/Q

UOTE]

Sale & Trade

Last edited by elburrito; 09-23-2015 at 04:02 PM.
elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:23 PM   #6
thebobkat
Canadian Slag

I bought the DX9 Cocomone (Gobots Crasher homage) with the intent of getting the MMC Sphinx as my Mirage. It'll be interesting to get it in hand and compare. I found the DX9 engineering a tad off, mainly in the rear wheels. I still can't get it to sit quite right in vehicle mode and I'm having trouble getting the panels lined up. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but it feels like the engineering is a bit...off. So I am definitely looking forward to seeing how Sphinx fares.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread Updated DEC 28 2023
thebobkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 04:39 PM   #7
innermanchild
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
Hah! I prefer Sphinx for the same reason, but think Invisible is more like the toy (wheels out the back and ferring behind the head). Guess there's a fair bit of the subjective when it comes to collecting and even appreciating toys.
Lol, very much agree that's it's subjective

You're right about the wheels and the head, but the wheels hide behind the arms without being too obvious; not really an issue unless you're looking from the back or side view (like below), but I can live with it. The biggest issue for me is the chest, I prefer Invisible's lack of anything where it allowed me to place the autobot symbol to Sphinx's chest where there's a lot going on. Also, the "ell" instead of "elf" really kills the look for me. I'm sure reprolabels will come out with something eventually, but it's not enough for me to shell out the money to replace a figure that I already have on the shelf. Maybe if Takara comes out with an official version I'll change my mind, but who knows...I thought I had my Brawn with iGear's Hench, but then Brawny came along and I cheated...

innermanchild is offline   Reply With Quote