Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 06-03-2014, 03:03 PM   #1
Longshot
Pretender
Transformers GT - GTR-04 Maximus

Ever since I first laid eyes on the Alternity series and Ultra Magnus I was sold on it. I enjoyed Ultra Magnus and the fact that he transformed into A Nissan GTR sent me over the edge. I was really happy with this particular iteration of Ultra Magnus.
GT-R Maximus was a fun purchase, especially when he was discounted. The GT series uses the same basic model as Alternity with the added details of sponsorship logos and some changes to the body panels.

The packaging is flashy with the clear plastic tray holding all the pieces in their place. A race queen (or GT sister as is referred to by the package) is included with each Transformer in this series. The accompanying race queen for Maximus is named Hiiro.

Within the packaging there is a folded instruction manual/ spec sheet for Maximus. In the little plastic baggy are various hand poses for Hiiro.

Maximus is well-detailed with various real life logos of companies and sponsors labelled all over his body. The race slicks are rubber (with cross drilled brake discs) and the chassis is die-cast adding a bit of weight to this figure.

According to the tuna standard he bears a bit of weight and easily surpasses the height of four cans of flavoured tuna.

Overall, Maximus and Hiiro have pretty good articulation. Ball and double joints really help to make everything poseable. Maximus was a little tricky to transform and I had to refer back to the instructions every so often. The legs gave me the most trouble. Hiiro was great to pose but she just doesn't stand well because of those tiny feet and lack of a stand.
I'm glad I picked him up on sale, but for full price I would have been thinking MP instead or some really choice third party offerings.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote