PDA

View Full Version : Animated Blitzwing Released at Canadian Retail

GMfan
08-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks to Cybertron.ca member Mega_Zarak for letting us know that Voyager class Animated Blitzwing (http://www.tfw2005.com/resources/animated-decepticons-191/blitzwing-1431/) is available at Canadian retail. This sighting was made at TRU in Anjou, Quebec.

See what other Transformers toys are being sighted in your area in our Canadian Transformers Sightings forum. (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=4)

Dinobot Swoop
08-20-2008, 08:04 PM
D'oh! :eek: I knew I should have stopped there before coming home tonight! :mad: Bah. Nice to see it's finally out, tho'.

pandaprime
08-20-2008, 08:07 PM
cool! I hope he makes his way out West soon :cool:

Ozrein
08-20-2008, 08:47 PM
Cool, too bad I JUST got him from BBTS (just got him in yesterday).

Oh and he rocks!

Autovolt 127
08-20-2008, 08:49 PM
WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!

JaySmith
08-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Quebec.... I wonder how long before he hits Winnipeg.

down_shift
08-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Wonderful. Rule of thumb is something ALWAYS gets released the day of or the day before a convention starts.

Blitzwing looks pretty sick, but I'm still more interested in getting Legends Hound.

Go figure.

General Tekno
08-20-2008, 11:14 PM
He's in Edmonton, FYI.

Nocturn
08-20-2008, 11:29 PM
OH F*** YES. YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES. IT SHALL FINALLY BE MINE! YEEEEEEEEEEES!

But, I still need to catch up... Need Octankor, Blaster, Grimlock, Lugnut, Oil Slick, and Snarl...

Optimus_Prime
08-20-2008, 11:40 PM
I still need Lugnut; haven't seen it yet. Is it still available in this wave?

lars573
08-20-2008, 11:53 PM
Nope he's wave 3. But a wave 4 voyager case is earth Prime, Grimlock, Lugnut, and Blitzwing. So finding one should mean the other was/is around.

jourdo
08-21-2008, 01:11 AM
Yay!!! Death to wallets everywhere!

soundwaveCA
08-21-2008, 01:23 AM
I'm torn, he looks cool but after the disappointment with pretty much most other Animated toys (especially Voyagers) and the somewhat iffy feedback on him I will probably pass.

General Tekno
08-21-2008, 01:48 AM
I'm torn, he looks cool but after the disappointment with pretty much most other Animated toys (especially Voyagers) and the somewhat iffy feedback on him I will probably pass.

Pity.

Mind you, I've been satisfied with Animated as a whole.

astrana
08-21-2008, 02:03 AM
lol.. looks lke hasbro is really pushing it. I guess we will expect omega supreme, longarm/shockwave reck-gar and all others by end of season 3... which would be end of this year

Bountyan
08-21-2008, 07:18 AM
As soon this toy comes to a store in Vancouver, I'm starting up the batmobile and heading there before you can say "OH SNAP"

The plane mode looks like crap though, but oh well.

tilallr1
08-21-2008, 08:42 AM
It should be noted that he was found at a Ontario TRU as well.

General Tekno
08-21-2008, 10:21 AM
lol.. looks lke hasbro is really pushing it. I guess we will expect omega supreme, longarm/shockwave reck-gar and all others by end of season 3... which would be end of this year

To be honest, yeah... I'm surprised Longarm and Skywarp are the only other confirmed Voyagers for this year.

Though I can see OS not coming until Spring, if he's indeed coming.

lars573
08-21-2008, 10:52 AM
Supposedly Wreck-Gar is a voyager too. Still there are plenty of redco's that will come. Bulkhead, Prime, Megatron, etc.

CTO15
08-21-2008, 11:13 AM
looks good

astrana
08-21-2008, 11:37 AM
To be honest, yeah... I'm surprised Longarm and Skywarp are the only other confirmed Voyagers for this year.

Though I can see OS not coming until Spring, if he's indeed coming.

i am pretty sure wreck-gar and long-arm are voyage.
i heard with all the SS reprint, one of them is going to be in the activator. and one of them is voyage. personally i would rather have the reprint in delux. but dont think that is going to happen

lars573
08-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Thundercracker is an activator and Skywarp is a voyager. That still leaves Ramjet and Sunstorm.

GMfan
08-21-2008, 01:41 PM
Ramjet is going to be an activator too I believe.

Nocturn
08-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Thundercracker is an activator and Skywarp is a voyager. That still leaves Ramjet and Sunstorm.

There's also a Ramjet activator. So we're missing Sunstorm and Shescream.

lars573
08-21-2008, 01:51 PM
I would have guessed that Ramjet would be the voyager. Maybe Sunstorm then. Shescream would be a good excuse for a head remold on the voyager or activator.

General Tekno
08-21-2008, 02:27 PM
I'd rather Shescream be a new Deluxe mold.

And regarding the Voyagers... is Wreck-Gar this year, or next?

Nocturn
08-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Ramjet is going to be an activator too I believe.

Damn, beat me to it.

Shescream would be a good excuse for a head remold on the voyager or activator.

I'd rather Shescream be a new Deluxe mold.

That one caught on quick :eek:

beestingers217
08-21-2008, 03:20 PM
my little bro' is so THRILLED!!!!!!!:D :D :D he been waitin' for it for lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time:)

little bro: :eek: yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!

brr-icy
08-21-2008, 05:18 PM
doh, iu'm getting really far behind now, oilslick, the wave one universe ultras, wave 3 voyagers, now blitzwing..... might have to sell more stuff lol

SPLIT LIP
08-21-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm torn, he looks cool but after the disappointment with pretty much most other Animated toys (especially Voyagers) and the somewhat iffy feedback on him I will probably pass.While I, personally, am going to get him to complete the cast, I would advise you skipped him. He does have a lot of flaws and I doubt you would like him if you hated every Voyager so far. Especially the awkward placement of kibble and the disporportionate arms and legs. Though that's just my advice.

soundwaveCA
08-21-2008, 11:46 PM
While I, personally, am going to get him to complete the cast, I would advise you skipped him. He does have a lot of flaws and I doubt you would like him if you hated every Voyager so far. Especially the awkward placement of kibble and the disporportionate arms and legs. Though that's just my advice.

Well to be fair I really enjoy Starscream so it's not every Voyager, as well too it's not that I hate Animated either it's just with the aesthetics and lack of weapons there just not my thing is all. But considering a large number of people do enjoy them and I got other lines such as Universe to keep me happy it's all good :cool:

SPLIT LIP
08-22-2008, 12:26 AM
What lack of weapons? Maybe there's a lack of conventional weapons on the Autobot's side, (they are repair bots, though) but all the Autobots have some form of personal defense. The Decepticons don't lack weapons in the least.

The main drawback I have with Blitzwing is the weird upper legs. Why couldn't they do what they did with Starscream and give him joints in the middle so they're straight in robot mode but bend for transformation? Maybe when I get him I'll mod him so he has proper legs. Add to that the other minor gripes and he's almost a deal-breaker were it not for his show counterpart.

As far as the "asthetic" is concerened, I never understood where people come from. It's finally a break from the same old block design. :D After the movie I'm glad they kept with unique stylings. Those two lines and BW/M really stand out on my shelves, and I like it. A lot. (even if I own so few BW/M toys that I can't display more than a couple :( )

soundwaveCA
08-22-2008, 12:39 AM
When I say weapons I mean guns and other conventional weapons such as swords etc... Toys like Starscream and Leader Megatron are good but I was less then impressed to say the least on most of the Animated in this respect. Things like Prime's axe do work but on the whole most TFA toys dont meet the bar in this aspect.

astrana
08-22-2008, 01:27 AM
When I say weapons I mean guns and other conventional weapons such as swords etc... Toys like Starscream and Leader Megatron are good but I was less then impressed to say the least on most of the Animated in this respect. Things like Prime's axe do work but on the whole most TFA toys dont meet the bar in this aspect.

One Word Ultra Magnus 2, light up cannons, 2 hidden mini canon, 2 hidden Gatling gun and a kick ass hammer

soundwaveCA
08-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Oh ya, UM is probably the only TFA toy I've really been anticipating :D

SPLIT LIP
08-22-2008, 01:35 AM

I don't see how you can fault them for that. There's no requirement for all transformers to be loaded with guns. I think it's about damn time we got some Autobots who weren't supposed to be fighters. (barring Prowl, but even then he's the Ninja who didn't quite learn all his skills)

Besides; Blitzwing, Lugnut, Starscream, Lockdown and Megatron all have guns and Megatron has swords. Optimus has an axe and his little handgun (Voyager only), BB has his stinger-blasters, Ratchet has his magnet-blasters, Bulkhead (leader) has missiles. UM has too many guns to count. (that's why none of the Autobots have any, he stole them all!:eek: )

I don't know why everyone's got their panties in a bunch over the lack of handheld blasters. So they don't have guns in their hands, they have them on their bodies. (which makes sense from a combat standpoint) And the Autobots don't have guns because they're a repair crew. Why would they be armed? They're not at war anymore so why have weapons that they won't use?

They meet the bar fine. I can't say I see where you're coming from. To me, guns have never been an issue. Sure, there should be fights, lots of them, but not just standing behind cover shooting and missing eachother all day. But blasters just seem... crude. That's why I like the different uses with blasters in TF:A. Like BB's were welding tools, for example.

soundwaveCA
08-22-2008, 01:44 AM
That's all fine and dandy but unfortunately it's not a justification for me to like them anymore then I do.

SPLIT LIP
08-22-2008, 01:46 AM
Well then there's no point discussing it, is there?

Maybe it's just because it's 1:30 here, but thank God.

Ozrein
08-22-2008, 03:25 AM
I personally really like TFA Blitzwing. He definatly has some flaws, my big one is the looseness of both the alt-modes. But his robot mode more than makes up for those and other than his head, it's a great update to the original Blitzwing. Which is really my main reason for getting him. It's nice to have an updated trio of triple-changers.

Sureshot22
08-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Nope he's wave 3. But a wave 4 voyager case is earth Prime, Grimlock, Lugnut, and Blitzwing. So finding one should mean the other was/is around.

What is this earth prime??

Bumblebee78
08-23-2008, 05:36 PM
What is this earth prime??

Optimus Prime Earth Mode (looks like a «fire engine»)

narubrawl
09-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Can I find him anywhere in Newmarket or at least close to Newmarket?

Code of Honor
09-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Can I find him anywhere in Newmarket or at least close to Newmarket?

Check the sightings forum.

C_Shewins
09-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Finally have time watch some Animated Transformers today. Blitzwing has a very busy face, LOL It looks funny when his faces are busy switching around. Too bad the figure doesn't have a switch for changing his face.

Softimus Prime
09-06-2008, 06:33 PM
The figure actually does have a mechanism to change faces. Can't wait for him to hit the shelves in the west coast!

C_Shewins
09-06-2008, 08:23 PM
The figure actually does have a mechanism to change faces. Can't wait for him to hit the shelves in the west coast!
Really?! I didn't know, my bad. Someone just post it on sighting saying he found it down Washington, so I guess it will be here soon along with the Bumblebee 3 pack I hope.