PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Character?

Hound
08-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Here's a slightly different question for people, "Which Transformer's character, personality, and background do you like the most?" (any source; cartoons, bio, comic, etc.)

I've always enjoyed Mirage's character where he's depicted as being nearly 'on the fence' regarding the autobot cause. Like his ability to become invisible, he is difficult to read, and not trusted by certain others of his faction. It would've been nice to see more stories showing his uncertainty about the war and develop his background some more.

In a similar vein, I also liked it when the Dinobots were a powerful, yet unpredictable wildcard; almost as if they were their own faction that tended to ally with autobots more than not (reflective of the way the Insecticons allied with the decepticons). Needless to say I'm not too fond of their characterizations in season three.

So, who are your favourite characters? And does it affect your choices to buy which molds?

S.A.A.M.
08-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Said it before and I'll say it again. Rumble, the Joe Pesci of Transformers!

bigkid11
08-20-2008, 04:57 PM
Optimus.His leadership grew on me,and he's a pretty tough guy.He keeps the autobots lined up.

brr-icy
08-20-2008, 05:16 PM
thundercracker, for being on the fence kinda about the decepticon cause, and motormaster

Optimus_Prime
08-20-2008, 06:31 PM
To be truthful, I don't now who's my favourite. Waspinator is very enjoyable, Optimus Prime is heroic and magnificent, the definition of Autobot. BW Megatron if quite fun in his cartoon role, and my other favourites would be Movie and cartoon Bumblebee, Cheetor, and Dinobot. I just can't decide on one.

exoskeleton
08-20-2008, 08:53 PM
I have a couple favorites:

Optimus Prime (because he's the greatest leader of all time)

Hound (cause he's awesome... and a Jeep)

Soudwave (he could rule the decepticons better than anyone)

Ultra Magnus (he's a greater leader than Rodimus could've ever been, and a good soldier for the autobots)

Omega Surpreme (the last resort of the autobots, he is death)

Protoman
08-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Hmmm I can go for the easy Hot Rod / Rodimus Prime answer, but I wont this time....... HRRMMM.

I really like characters like Road King from Masterforce or Nitro Convoy (NOT OVERRIDE). Racers to the core. It's kinda why I have a love/hate relationship with Mirage. Someone who should by default be the fastest TF.... really ain't.

Network
08-20-2008, 11:17 PM

>.>

<.<

Transmutate

her character had to be one of the most tragic of the beast wars era. born in a world where differences are already a reason to be fearful. she could have bridged the gap between a few influencial characters had they realized their commonalities sooner. (i know it's a stretch but go with me.)

even though she was simplistic in her personality, she was expressive and dynamic, I only wish they could have done more with her before she sacrificed herself.

another fave character was dinobot. it wasn't until his final moments that he truly went from the "Badass Enigma" to the "Honorable Champion" that he so desired.

I guess if you can't tell, I grew up with the Munky...however G1 toys invaded my room plentifully before hand.

LordStanley1893
08-20-2008, 11:25 PM
I also like Mirage for those reasons. I also think Shockwave is cool.

GMfan
08-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Hmmm I wonder....

soundwaveCA
08-21-2008, 01:56 AM
Hmmm I wonder....

I know it's Soundwave!

Lysist
08-21-2008, 04:07 AM
I would have to say Swindle. He is just a sleaze bag and a self centered. He is a Con because they buy his guns.

I have a bit of a thing for the down and dirty characters.

Magnus
08-21-2008, 07:50 AM
Said it before and I'll say it again. Rumble, the Joe Pesci of Transformers!

Hilarious

thundercracker, for being on the fence kinda about the decepticon cause, and motormaster

Thundercracker is my answer too. He's signed up for Megatron's force, but only because it allows him to cause havoc and destruction. He doesn't care about Megatron's vision or the war between Autobots and Decepticons... he just likes to destroy things!! Kinda reminds of me!!

And of course, Magnus!!

Silverbolt
08-21-2008, 08:44 AM
It could be BW/BM Silverbolt, G1 Sideswipe or Cybertron Clocker.

GMfan
08-21-2008, 10:57 AM
I know it's Soundwave!

Decepticon-wise ya he is actually :P

tusko
08-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Skyfire, for his background with Starscream, his love of technology and relegation to "sky taxi" before Sky Lynx made an appearance.

Jonnydark
08-21-2008, 11:57 AM
There are so many cool transformers... in all the lines.

asking to choose is like picking a favorite kid.

Stoneclaw
08-22-2008, 03:41 AM
Grimlock , and Soundwave for sure, Soundwave can do anything i swear. Grimlock just cracks me up.

I think a cool character was always Inferno from beast wars. FOR THE QUEEN

Oh and astrotrain, hes like the transformers equivilant of Paris Hilton...

evil_ivotron
08-22-2008, 05:31 AM
Rattrap. Looking out for number one, is top priority.

Robimus
08-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Jazz, Daddy-eo!

G! Scatman Crothers was awesome, plus a nice update in Animated! Jazz is mine, my precious!