PDA

View Full Version : Wow buried treasure!!

Sureshot22
08-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Well stopped by my parents house to look for my old stuff and finally found most of my Transformers which is what I was looking for anyhow :D

To my surprise most of them are in amazing shape for being what? 25 years oldish..

the prime is in incredible shape. trailer is absolutely mint.

I know i have more somewhere because i didn't find Divebomb of the predacons but i found his wings... and i know i have powermaster prime in the foam, Metroplex in the box, Omega Supreme in box, Tryptacon in box and scorpinok in box. I'm sure theres more somewhere just need to track them down. no pics of the boxed ones wasn't able to get all in my car this trip.

I was Totally excited to find all these and in the shape most are in so thought who better to show then all of you who would appreciate it. lol my fiance doesn't really care.

Now if only i could remember what all pieces go with which one and which pieces are for what combiner other then the few i have the instructions for. (still mint) never used them back in the day.
most of all wish i could remember how to transform most of them, last thing i want to do is hear a snap.

lets hope the pics upload.

SPLIT LIP
08-01-2008, 09:31 PM
Damn, dude. Lucky, much?

Optimus_Prime
08-01-2008, 09:32 PM
It's always exciting to find stuff you haven't seen in stellar cycles!

Sureshot22
08-01-2008, 09:34 PM
ah pics are too large.

can anyone tell me how to make them smaller to beable to post them?

thanks.

it's really a great find. want to show you guys.

Cheers Ian
08-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Try shrinking your pictures down in MS Paint. Reduce them to 25%. It should work, or host them with imageshack. They will automatically resize them.

Are these your childhood Transformers? How did you manage to keep the boxes so long?

Mine never made it past Christmas day. :D

Cheers!
-Ian

Sureshot22
08-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Oh no no i played with them all like crazy. best toys ever.

just those few big ones stayed in the box when i wasn't playing with them, and i just took really good care of my stuff. :D

thanks for the answer on the pics. ill try it.

Sureshot22
08-01-2008, 10:08 PM
think they work now

Protoman
08-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Most impressive.

jourdo
08-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Wow, wow and wow. :eek:

SPLIT LIP
08-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Wow, wow and wow. :eek:Not much else needs to be sad.

Team Jetfire
08-02-2008, 12:04 AM
What a great surprise.

Nice stuff there!

Optimus_Prime
08-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Massive!!!

StarScreamix
08-02-2008, 12:39 AM
are those cases for your tapes? Ive never seen those! What did they come with? I have 90% of the tapes and would looooove to have them all displayed in those.

I wish I found all my old toys, but I remember either sending them away or selling them at garage sales. Sold my Sky Lynx for $10. :(

Magnus
08-02-2008, 10:13 AM
I think that's the most awesome haul you can land!!! Go job finding this stuff!

Fussion
08-02-2008, 10:40 AM
one word........JACKPOT!

Sureshot22
08-02-2008, 10:56 AM
The cases came with my tapes as far as i can remember. was soooooo long ago =P
but ya pics on the cases of rumble, laserbeak and ravage on the 1 side and the other is a pic of a reg tape. I was kinda impressed that they were not crushed in the box. all that stuff was in the green barracks box you see in the pics.

I know for a fact i have more somewhere because thinking about it as i was placing them out is some of my old favourties weren't in there. powerglide for instance came to my mind, loved him and hes not there. so more hunting in the parents house for me to come. lol

Bruticus82
08-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Congrats man. I can't say I've personally ever lost track of my transformers, I knew exactly where they were, even though mine have also been boxed up for a while.

I did lose some other action figures though...I hope I'll stumble across them one day when I'm cleaning out the basement or something.

agesthreeandup
08-02-2008, 12:08 PM
The cases for the cassettes came with Microman or Microchange versions of the cassettes. The KO versions were widely available in Canada in the 80's and many people got these instead of the real Transformers version.

Spencer.

Sureshot22
08-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Can anyone tell me who the second guy is? He use to be one of my favourites but no idea who or what series he was. and where the gun next to him goes on him lol.

found a bunch of my combiner sets also and all the pieces for them. all complete other then i can't seem to find the protectobots head when they merge. can't remember his name :p or if anyone can post a pic of what his head looks like i would appreciate it. though im sure when i find a head it can only be his. lol

Also the 3rd pic. predacons i think it is. does he have a chest piece when merged? i think does but havent found yet.

Anyone know of a site or book or something that i can see all the pics of the different TF's so i can ID most of these? and find out what guns go with each?

another cool find in all this is i have all the gun and even the landing gear for all the jets. starscream etc etc. I forgot they had landing gear :D

oh and whats the name of the first combiner in the pics. the space guys?

pandaprime
08-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Can anyone tell me who the second guy is? He use to be one of my favourites but no idea who or what series he was. and where the gun next to him goes on him lol.

G1 Roadbuster I think

found a bunch of my combiner sets also and all the pieces for them. all complete other then i can't seem to find the protectobots head when they merge. can't remember his name :p or if anyone can post a pic of what his head looks like i would appreciate it. though im sure when i find a head it can only be his. lol

Protectobots merged into Defensor. His head was actually built into the ladder base of Hot Spot I think.

Also the 3rd pic. predacons i think it is. does he have a chest piece when merged? i think does but havent found yet.

The Terrorcons merged into Abominus and there is supposed to be a chest piece. It looks like a big shield thingy

oh and whats the name of the first combiner in the pics. the space guys?

That is Computron. He is the combination of the good o'l Technobots and "Grimlock's new brain" Hope it helps!

Sureshot22
08-02-2008, 05:29 PM
lol now i feel like a tard =P man its been a looooong time. lol can't believe i forgot his head was part of the ladder lol. thanks.

and since you mentioned it abominus' chest shield. i can actually remember what it looks like.

man i need to find where the rest are im missing.

you just have a really good memory for the names or is there a database i can use?

thanks again for the info.

Sureshot22
08-02-2008, 05:31 PM
oh and it didn't seem to post the pic.

Mega-Prime 316
08-02-2008, 05:55 PM
When I'm looking for names ect. I go here www.seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com) Go to the "toy" button and select all galleries. Then off of that you can do a name search or a era search and match the pic to your transformer. :)

Cheers Ian
08-02-2008, 06:02 PM
This book is well worth the money

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Identification-Price-Mark-Bellomo/dp/0896894452/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1217714531&sr=8-1

Cheers!
-Ian

Fussion
08-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Here is another good site. Look on the left and you can search by colour, year, faction etc.

http://www.tfu.info/index.htm

CobraCommander
08-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Nice stuff, I think I have that same Constructicon gift set :D

Cliffjumper69
08-06-2008, 02:05 AM
Hey nice haul Rob! :D Whats your address again lol :p They all look like they are in great shape, and I cant get over how your G1 Gnaw still has his tail! :eek: Now, go find the other MIB G1 toys you were telling me about! lol ;)

CJ

Whats your address again? lol :D