PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial TF accessories... do you collect them?

Pascal
07-22-2008, 12:31 AM
I mean, stuff like:

-Spike/Sparkplug set
-energon cubes
-Allspark cube
-MP-01 trailer
-MP-05 upgrade kit
-MP_03 coronation set
-City Commander set
-Classics Cliffjumper upgrade set
-Quintessons
-etc.

I've started collecting a few (Spike/Sparplug, MP05, MP-03 coronation set), they're really cool, I want more! At first, I was like, meh, not licensed... But I can say now that the quality is good and they make my collection look more complete. Spike driving my green G1 Ratchet and Sparkplug driving G1 Optimus, now that's cool. Planning to get the Justitoys MP-01 trailer next, and maybe some energon cubes...

FreedomGundam
07-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Only got:
- MP-05 Upgrade kit
- MP-03 Coronation set
- City Commander set (preordered)

The Classics Cliffjumper set is tempting, but it's forbiddingly expensive for now... I'll probably buy the other things that Fansproject shoots out, though (the Classics Prime Matrix, Classics Megatron pistol for Starscream, "Battle Rollar", etc...)

Not to keen on the Energon Cubes, and I have a "real" Allspark Cube from my Black Arcee.

GMfan
07-22-2008, 01:12 AM
Right now I can't say I collect them but eventually I will have the City Commander set soon....from what I saw at TFcon it looks very promising.

SCOURGE33
07-22-2008, 02:25 AM
The only one I have right now is the Transforming trailer (fan made) for 20th Prime.Also waiting on my order from A3U as it has a replica blaster in black for 20th Prime.

Incepticon
07-22-2008, 03:46 AM
The only fan-made accessories I've ever felt inclined to buy were a dozen of those Binaltech arming kits and the City Commander set for Classics Ultra Magnus. Nothing else has interested me, or ended up being a better idea in theory than in practice (ie: Classics CJ upgrade kit, MP Starscream's coronation ste, etc).

I held off on buying any of the unofficial MP Prime trailers since it seemed inevitable that there would eventually be an official version, and that's exactly why I never grabbed the MP Megatron upgrade kit.

Protoman
07-22-2008, 07:23 AM
Love em. First ones I got were the Binaltech Arming set back in 2006 from Hong Kong.

Magnus
07-22-2008, 07:27 AM
I'm still not sure wether I want the Starscream coronation set. I'm also waiting to see if a MP-01 trailer that transforms will be made available. I'll probably end up going to the Megatron upgrade set at some time though.

I was planning on getting the Classics City Commander set, but since I read somewhere that they're going to release a Classics Ultra Magnus City Commander toy, I'm holding off on that too.

AnimeXHobby
07-22-2008, 07:32 AM
I was planning on getting the Classics City Commander set, but since I read somewhere that they're going to release a Classics Ultra Magnus City Commander toy, I'm holding off on that too.

Where you got this info? Got a link to the website?

Magnus
07-22-2008, 07:37 AM
Where you got this info? Got a link to the website?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra_Magnus

scroll down to about two-thirds of the page where they list his toy incarnation. You'll find a "Transformers Classics Ultra Magnus (2007)" and three items down, you'll find "Transformers Classics Ultra Magnus City Commander (2008 unreleased)"

It states: "A re-release of the Classics Ultra Magnus as described above features the car carrier trailer that will combine to give him his G1 apperance. This will be released sometime in September."

onecoin
07-22-2008, 07:45 AM
I was totally against these products too. Only now am I realizing how much they add to fandom. Still, I cannot see the upside of knockoffs. (edit: as in knockoff like the dinobots and binaltechs, not completely original designs)

Someone told me this so I don't know if its true. When Gundam kits started to become more a part of Japanese culture. A number of people started to make option parts for the kits, like different faces, weapon systems, or just multiple hands. Especially, for things seen in the show just not available as products. It was completely underground and unlicensed, so it was bootleg. Bandai saw this trend and embraced it, creating the B-club label as a portal for these fan made garage kit products.

Maybe one day TakaraTomy will see the importance of these products and embrace it in the same way.

AnimeXHobby
07-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Hope that the info is true. But if it is 2008 September. That means in 2 months? Cool.

Magnus
07-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Yup, I haven't seen any pics of it yet, but I'll inevitably go with the one that looks best!!

Scrapper6
07-22-2008, 09:06 AM
The only accessories I have are the Unicron.com Beast Machines accessories kit with the Key to Vector Sigma and the character stands and Cheetor's show accurate swords.

If I had money though I might be tempted to get the City Commander set. Since I don't have an interest in Masterpieces except the Hasbro Starscream to go with my 20th Prime I have no need for other accessories. Although the Energon Cubes might be nice. And I still want like three Unicron stands for Armada Unicron, Energon Black Unicron and if the Universe one is repainted then him too otherwise I'd probably just use it for one of the flyers.

brr-icy
07-22-2008, 09:48 AM
i have the mp01, mp03, and mp05 upgrades, all awesome, and i'm getting the city commander set as well, they complete the toys nicely

Pascal
07-22-2008, 09:52 AM

scroll down to about two-thirds of the page where they list his toy incarnation. You'll find a "Transformers Classics Ultra Magnus (2007)" and three items down, you'll find "Transformers Classics Ultra Magnus City Commander (2008 unreleased)"

It states: "A re-release of the Classics Ultra Magnus as described above features the car carrier trailer that will combine to give him his G1 apperance. This will be released sometime in September."

That's just misinformation. There's no official Classics Magnus with trailer coming up, just the unofficial City Commander set. Never. Ever. Believe. Wiki.

chans formers
07-22-2008, 10:06 AM
i pick and choose which i buy.whatever strikes my fancy..sold!!i currently have justit toys trailer for mp prime,energon cubes,a couple of wst dinobots and a quintesson judge.i still want a upgrade set for mp megatron and mp starscream.i currently have um citycommander sets on order from fellow member hugh dah man.i just cant get enough!!!!

-KG-
07-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Just the Quintessons for me. They were major characters absent from the G1 toy line. Plus they're very well made and very cool looking. With everything else I would rather just spend my money on something official.

GMfan
07-22-2008, 10:25 AM

Thats not true...The trailer is made by an independant company from Hasbro so they won't re-release the cab with it, they don't have the mould or the rights to reproduce it. Get the cab and this set seperatly ASAP if you really want it because there are only 1000 being made so if you want it pre-order now.

That wiki page should be edited to say "A fan made trailer will be released for the Classics Ultra Magnus described above. The trailer is fully transformable and able to combine to the Classic Ultra Magnus and give him his G1 apperance. The cab does not come with the trailer. This will be released sometime in September."

Pascal
07-22-2008, 10:46 AM
there are only 1000 being made so if you want it pre-order now."

Actually, the first number mentionned was 2000 units and the company later said that number was not accurate. It will probably be more than that.

GMfan
07-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Cool, alittle more availability but still limited enough to be considered rare.

Tech Spec
07-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Currently I have the MP-5 Upgrade kit, Classics CJ kit, Both coronation kits and waiting on the City Commander kit.

Just happy to see someone making these things if HasTak won't make them :)

soundwaveCA
07-22-2008, 11:40 AM
I wouldnt say I collect them but I will pick one up from time to time if it interests me enough such as the SS Coronation set or the BW Golden Disk set to name a few.

Barpharanges
07-22-2008, 01:41 PM
The light up energon cubes are awesome, especially at night. A good prop for displays.
Speaking of which, I finally found one of those little vinyl Daniel in Exo-suit toys at the last TFCon and he makes a great prop for the new Classics.

Finally, on the topic of displays, check out:
http://forums.tformers.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=91920
For some amazing printable Ark wall plates to display with your Autobots (and Nemesis walls for the Decepticons). You can even print up a Teletran one!

jourdo
07-22-2008, 03:22 PM
I have only preordered the Classics Magnus Armor. I was tempted by the Cliffjumper upgrade kit, but the price was a little on the high side. Other than that... not really. Some cool stuff out there, but not much I NEED to buy.

exoskeleton
07-22-2008, 09:52 PM
i want the energon cubes!!!