PDA

View Full Version : Montreal Transformers Gathering (MTG) this Saturday

Protoman
07-17-2008, 06:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/protomanx/MTG/ed8c.jpg

This Saturday, July 19th is the bi annual Montreal Transformers Gathering at Checkswing Sportscards. The meet up starts at the store opening at 10am and games of Transformers Monopoly, Transformers Risk as well as Nintendo DS Transformers The Movie Autobots and Decepticons will be there to enjoy. We also have our "show and tell" portion of the gatherings in which you bring one piece of your TF collection that is interesting or hold dear to you (It does not have to be rare, it can be your first Beast Wars Rattrap or an Animated figure even). Checkswing is a huge comic store with friendly staff and plenty of chances to get those TF comics you are missing.

Checkswing is in South Shore of Brossard, Taschereau exit North from Highway 10/Champlain bridge. Plenty of free parking and near Brossard's big Toys R us.

MTG History:
Running strong for 4 years now. Founded originally by Jlvatron, Guber and yours truly Protoman in April of 2004. Montreal Transformers Gathering originally spawned from the Meetups.com website in which locals of a specific hobby meet to share the love. After Meetup.com began to charge for their services, the operation was moved and renamed to MTG. Past gatherings range from TF related gaming, group toy hunting, even public screening of the original 1986 movie on the big screen at Dawson College.

Any questions or even directions (very easy to get to, even by bus) just email JLvatron here (jlvatron@yahoo.com) , subject: Montreal Transformers Gathering.

Full address:
Cartes de Sport Check-Swing Inc
(450) 443-5555
1875 rue Panama
Brossard, QC , J4W2S8

Hope to see you there! - Protoman :cool:

Vintage photos! (circa 2004)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/protomanx/MTG/8e57.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/protomanx/MTG/8ce2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/protomanx/MTG/24ab.jpg

Again hope to see you there!

Endersrun
07-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Wish I could make it dude... But made plans to go in the opposite direction, to St_Sauveur.

Did you out the announcement up on the Facebook group?

Next time.

Magnus
07-18-2008, 07:21 AM
God DAmn... wish I had known about this sooner... I'll try and drop in...but I don't know if I'll be able to make it!!

Crappity!

chans formers
07-18-2008, 10:10 AM
dammit!!!we need something like this event in calgary!!!anybody want to start one?wish i could make it to this event!!!!!

General Tekno
07-18-2008, 11:27 AM
Calgary Schmalgary - we need one in Edmonton.

Mind you, there ARE enough Calgarian fans to warrant a meetup for you guys.

Protoman
07-18-2008, 04:57 PM
Sorry for the late informing fellow Montrealers, Jlvatron kinda got called for work later this month so we had to bump up the date.

JLvatron
07-18-2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks for putting this up, Proto. Everyone is welcome to drop by and say hi, or grab a seat and join the game.

Those 2004 photos are great! :)

I've only played TF Monopoly with my non-TF cousins, so looking fwd to play it with TF pals! :)

JLvatron
07-18-2008, 06:51 PM
dammit!!!we need something like this event in calgary!!!anybody want to start one?wish i could make it to this event!!!!!

I sincerely recommend just grab 2 TF friends and find a place to play a low-tech Transformers board game. And advertise it on boards and to your friends and watch it grow naturally.

We did it in 2004, 4 years later Protoman, Guber, and I are travelling to BotCon and TFcon together and having the time of our lives.:cool:

GMfan
07-18-2008, 08:04 PM
I've only played TF Monopoly with my non-TF cousins, so looking fwd to play it with TF pals! :)
You have transforming cousins??!! :eek:

FreedomGundam
07-18-2008, 09:26 PM
I'll try to make it tomorrow... I'll have to see; maybe I can make a little stop for a bit to say hi to everyone. Probably can't stay very long, though...

chans formers
07-18-2008, 10:21 PM
I sincerely recommend just grab 2 TF friends and find a place to play a low-tech Transformers board game. And advertise it on boards and to your friends and watch it grow naturally.

We did it in 2004, 4 years later Protoman, Guber, and I are travelling to BotCon and TFcon together and having the time of our lives.:cool:
thats a pretty good idea.and the cool part is the lasting friendships you end up developing along the way.but honestly i think ill let others do the planning/setting up of events.i suck at using the grey matter upstairs.have a great time guys!!:)

JLvatron
07-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Great gathering today! :)
It was nice seeing everyone again and we all took advantage of the comic store setting to stock up on some new TF comics and some vintage others (like Inhumanoids, The Mask, and much more).
It was really nice of the manager Pierre to get us TF stock from storage. He even anticipated it before our arrival! :cool:

We all enjoyed playing TF Monopoly with fellow Transformers friends. Really cool to make every situation into a Transformers thing. :cool:
We also showcased our rare or cool Transformers and items. Guber brought Animated gummy shapes for everyone.

Viqar came by with his kids. This was our 1st gathering to include children and they brought McRatchet and McMegatron!

Monopoly was alot of fun with the Transformers rules. Guber managed to fight off everyone's attack, but my coup attack on Protoman, acquiring the Cybertron-Earth set prolly allowed me to win the game.

Later, Guber and I headed to TRU and bought some Animated deluxes on the 2 for 1 sale.

Great day, lots of Transformers fun. Hope to see everyone again at the next TF gathering! :)

Protoman
07-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Photos will be up soon, working on a subsite

Magnus
07-21-2008, 07:57 AM
I'm soooo sorry I missed that... when's the next one, I'll put it in my calendar right away!!!

Protoman
07-21-2008, 07:03 PM
Have no fear, this time was a little on the short notice, normally we got a good month or so of advance notice. Photos will be up soon.

Buhawi
07-21-2008, 10:38 PM
PLEEAAASE tell me you guys got ptitvite from tfw2005.com?! that guy has the best devastator custom!

JLvatron
07-22-2008, 10:13 PM
You have transforming cousins??!! :eek:

HAHH!!:D

In all seriousness I don't think I can morally answer that question, since you spelled it with a small 't'. ;)