PDA

View Full Version : Henkei or Universe?

protoform_ironhide
07-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Hey guys! It seems like the classics are very popular! At least worth collect more than the movie and animated line. I still haven't get any universe yet. Prowl's paint job is aweful! But I know universe is almost half price of Henkei. I am still considering which ones I should buy, Henkei? Universe? Henkei? Universe? I can only afford either one! Just too hard to decide!! Which ones do you guys prefer?

pud333
07-14-2008, 03:56 PM
If you can afford it, I'd go with Henkei. I prefer the g1 accurate paint jobs.

Optimus_Prime
07-14-2008, 03:59 PM
I also prefer the Henkei paint jobs, but with the price, and the fact that I already collected the Hasbro Classics, I'm going to stick with the Universe line.

Haggis
07-14-2008, 04:01 PM
I'll be getting teh classic thou henkei powerdive i might splerg for

Pascal
07-14-2008, 04:11 PM
I changed all my Classics 1.0 for the Henkei versions, not sure what I'm going to do with Classics 2.0...

Vangelus
07-14-2008, 04:18 PM
I say pick and choose. :D

Personally I've found Henkei disappointing, mostly due to the chrome use. It's not my thing at all, and the only Henkei toy I've purchased had a scar on the chrome within about 2 minutes, and I was using the magic Vangefingers babytouch. :(

QuadESL63
07-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Henkei Powerglide for sure since Hasbro decided to paint him white :mad: May be Henkei Silverbolt as well. The others "Universe/Classic 2.0" Henkei just don't look that big a difference from their Hasbro Universe counterparts from what I have seen so far IMHO so why pay double? I'd rather save it up for the Encore Metroplex (or if they pulled an e-Hobby Metrotitan w/ the Micromaster later :rolleyes:).

For the Classic "1.0" series I have only got Megatron, Grimlock and Astrotrain from the Henkei line. Astrotrain is a must because of the show accurate colors. I don't like the chrome parts on the others, esp. for Henkei Bumblebee, so no thanks. Again, some just don't have enough differences for me to jump on like Prime. I got the Botcon seekers and the Magus + Skywarp combo so I'm not pre-ordering the store special Henkei Skywarp and Thundercracker.

QuadESL63
07-14-2008, 05:05 PM
BTW, Henkei Grimlock looks awesome in chromes too: the chrome parts give him a very G1 look. I don't like the silver chrome parts on the chest of Megatron to be honest but the rest of him just look less toy like compare to the Hasbro one.

jourdo
07-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Although I like the looks of the paint jobs & chrome of the Henkei, it comes down to the fact that I am generally a cheap-ass. I'm going with Universe. I just cannot justify the price tag at this point (although Powerglide MAY be an exception).

protoform_ironhide
07-14-2008, 05:16 PM
I was looking at the Henkei Prime from someone 's photo here...the bumper is sooooo nice with the chrome! I just can't resist it, so I think I am getting it! Not sure about Megatron yet, but the color seems very G1 looking. Astrotain, I don't know, maybe I can still stay with the Hasbro one. The upcoming Rodimus looks awesome, still considering! I guess I will have to wait for the Henkei to come out before I decide if I should get Henkei or Universe? It gives me headache!!

Pascal
07-14-2008, 05:21 PM
I got Henkei Rodimus last week, the gold spoiler is awesome in person.

Icetron
07-14-2008, 05:25 PM
I was looking at the Henkei Prime from someone 's photo here...the bumper is sooooo nice with the chrome! I just can't resist it, so I think I am getting it! Not sure about Megatron yet, but the color seems very G1 looking. Astrotain, I don't know, maybe I can still stay with the Hasbro one. The upcoming Rodimus looks awesome, still considering! I guess I will have to wait for the Henkei to come out before I decide if I should get Henkei or Universe? It gives me headache!!

Haha wonder if you meant my pic. :rolleyes:

The prices for Henkei Voyagers seems okay mostly due to our already high voyager prices so it's actually not a whole lot more expensive. However, the deluxes are quite a bit more which makes it hard for me to go and rebuy all my current classics for Henkeis. I also don't really think most of them are that much better. I'm tempted to get Astrotrain for the G1 colour scheme, but I have nothing against the Hasbro version so I may not.

protoform_ironhide
07-14-2008, 07:08 PM
Haha wonder if you meant my pic. :rolleyes:

Yes! That was your post!

I got Henkei Rodimus last week, the gold spoiler is awesome in person. Hey, Pascal. You got both Henkei and Classics? Wonder if you have time to take some photos between Henkei vs Classic on Grimlock, Bumblebee Rodimus and Megatron? I am still debating if I should get them?!

Icetron
07-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Yes! That was your post!

Haha :D

Hey, Pascal. You got both Henkei and Classics? Wonder if you have time to take some photos between Henkei vs Classic on Grimlock, Bumblebee Rodimus and Megatron? I am still debating if I should get them?!

I think there's photos up on www.seibertron.com actually, in their galleries. I have a pic of Rodimus handy though. I'll be picking one up next month. :)

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8640/img20080624015243af4.jpg

protoform_ironhide
07-14-2008, 07:58 PM
OMG! The spoiler is soooo nice!! It matches the fames on the side and the front! Yes, Henkei for me on this one for sure! Hope Henkei Prowl, Sunstreaker Octane will have a better paint job! I was looking at the grimlock eariler, there is a red clear spot in the chest, the one on Henkei actually has a Autobot logo in it. The US classic version doesn't. Or am I not looking at it clearly?

Icetron
07-14-2008, 08:24 PM
Yeah, the Henkei red jewel has an Autobot logo underneath while the Hasbro one is just a jewel.

Protoman
07-14-2008, 08:25 PM
If you love G1 and got the extra money, Henkei is the way to go. Personally I like it more too. But I still get both cause I am mad!

AnimeXHobby
07-14-2008, 08:53 PM
I prefer Henkei myself. I sold my whole collection on US version Classics. I was a fan of classic, but now I am a bigger fan of Henkei :)

I got Henkei Rodimus for sale in August, let me know if you want it, Brian.

CobraCommander
07-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Henkei!

pandaprime
07-14-2008, 10:11 PM
Henkei! Henkei! :)

Oreobot
07-14-2008, 11:02 PM
I prefer the Henkei versions. I don't know why Hasbro doesn't just buy some of the Japanese production run and sell it here. The Henkei figures look better with the right paint jobs.

-KG-
07-15-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with pretty much everyone here. I prefer the Hasbro versions. I think most of the first run of Henkei's look plain compared to the Hasbro counterparts. I'm first and foremost a G1 collector, but I'm not a fan of making everything G1. IMO classics are a modern interpretation of G1. They therefore deserve an updated paint scheme. I think Astrotrain looks great in white, I love the white stripes on BB etc.

lars573
07-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Megatron, Astrotrain, and Powerglide are the only must have Henkei's. The rest (especially Starscream) don't look good enough to be worth it.

General Tekno
07-15-2008, 11:20 AM
It's a mix. For instance, I prefer the Hasbro Bumblebee, Mirage, Jetfire and Ramjet.

Whereas the two Astrotrains are tied, and both Megatrons look great. (Have yet to get Henkei megs though)

Pascal
07-15-2008, 11:28 AM
The worst Henkei is definitely Mirage.

FreedomGundam
07-15-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with pretty much everyone here. I prefer the Hasbro versions. I think most of the first run of Henkei's look plain compared to the Hasbro counterparts. I'm first and foremost a G1 collector, but I'm not a fan of making everything G1. IMO classics are a modern interpretation of G1. They therefore deserve an updated paint scheme. I think Astrotrain looks great in white, I love the white stripes on BB etc.
Seconded.
I find the Henkei paint schemes are too G1. Like take Rodimus, for example. Sure, the Henkei front hood looks way more G1 than th Classics hood, but it stands out and doesn't flow with the rest of the parts in vehicle mode.
Most of the chrome on the Henkei seems oddly applied, but doesn't bother me too much. The only Henkei ones that I'm going for are:
- Megatron and Astrotrain, because their color schemes are different enough to warrant both their updated-paint-scheme Classics versions (yes, I happen to like the Nerf-Megatron's colors too) and the very G1-colored Henkei
- Convoy, but that's because I'm an obsessive-compulsive Prime collector, and the Classics Prime mold happens to be one of my favorite.

ChrisW
07-15-2008, 12:18 PM
For me it really depends on the figures. I've got the Classics versions of everyone I'm interested in (except for 3 jets - I think you know which ones) and the only Henkei figures I would consider getting are Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp. (I passed on the Astrotrain mold entirely; otherwise I'd get Henkei Astrotrain.)

Henkei Prime, Megatron, Astrotrain, and Starscream are (IMO) clearly better than their Classics equivalents. The Classics versions are good, but the Henkei ones are better. With Mirage, Rodimus, Grimlock, Skyfire/Jetfire, and Ramjet, however, I think the Classics version is the superior one.

I can't decide whether Henkei Bumblebee is better than Classics 'Bee. The "Evolution of Bumblebee" redeco beats both of them.

Mostly, it comes down to personal taste. None of the decos are particularly weak, so get what you like. :)