PDA

View Full Version : Animated Voyager Prime's Axe

Cheers Ian
07-08-2008, 10:51 AM
Is it just me or his Axe WAY too big?

I really don't even think I'm gonna display him with it.

I thought about putting Cybertron's Prime's axe with him, but that seems too puny.

How's the axe in the battle begins 2 pack? Maybe I should grab one when I go to the states this weekend.

Any suggestions?

-Ian

General Tekno
07-08-2008, 11:13 AM
The 2pack's axe works pretty well with him.

jjwankenobi
07-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Is it just me or his Axe WAY too big?

I really don't even think I'm gonna display him with it.

I thought about putting Cybertron's Prime's axe with him, but that seems too puny.

How's the axe in the battle begins 2 pack? Maybe I should grab one when I go to the states this weekend.

Any suggestions?

-Ian

There's a general consesus among collectors that the 2-pack is basically an accessory (the axe) with two sub-par figures and a DVD as a bonus.

Many on-line pics of Voyager Prime show him with the Battle Begins axe, which seems to be what a lot of people prefer.

Here's an example of VOY Prime with BB Prime's axe. (http://tformers.com/gv.php?mode=view&album=258&pic=136.jpg&dispsize=800&start=20)

With that said...I prefer Battle Begins Prime over Voyager Prime, battle damage and all!

Pascal
07-08-2008, 11:31 AM
Strange, I think the 2-pack axe is the worst thing about that set...

Blitzwing
07-08-2008, 01:42 PM
I've heard a lot of collectors that are anti-voyager axe, but I am one of the few that think it's great. Yes, it is way too big, but that totally fits in with Animated style. Just like Starscream's chin and Bumblebee's feet... it is just one of the quirks of this line, which I like.

crimbot
07-08-2008, 01:48 PM
I think the axe from the 2 pack is the best axe of the 3. v The oyager axe is too big, The deluxe axe is too small. The 2 pack axe is juuuust right (and then the 3 bears came home)

FreedomGundam
07-08-2008, 02:02 PM
I don't think the issue with the Voyager axe being too big is what bugs me.

Out of the 3 axes, the Battle Begins 2-pack axe is the most show-accurate, with the Voyager one being totally off. The Cybertron-mode axe is alright, but a tad small for the show-accurate Voyager Prime toy...

Magnimus
07-08-2008, 02:10 PM
The thing I hate about the Voyager Prime axe is that it looks nothing like an axe. It looks like a bat (the flying kind, not the baseball kind) on a stick. It looks like a really cumbersome weapon.

As far as I have tried, the Cybertron axe does not fit in Voyager Prime's hand.

Aernaroth
07-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Its not the size of the axe that bothers me, its that it seems to have been designed as an afterthought to help give the back half of the truck some more definition without becoming gigantic kibble. It just doesn't look anything like it should, and that's what bothers me, I guess.

jourdo
07-08-2008, 02:23 PM
Its not the size of the axe that bothers me, its that it seems to have been designed as an afterthought to help give the back half of the truck some more definition without becoming gigantic kibble. It just doesn't look anything like it should, and that's what bothers me, I guess.

I would agree with this. The axe with V.Prime seems more of an "add-on" at the end than anything else. Although the water gun is not much better.

JSon
07-08-2008, 02:24 PM
I don't think the issue with the Voyager axe being too big is what bugs me.

Out of the 3 axes, the Battle Begins 2-pack axe is the most show-accurate, with the Voyager one being totally off. The Cybertron-mode axe is alright, but a tad small for the show-accurate Voyager Prime toy...

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I really want the axe for my voyager prime, but there is no way I am dishing out to do so. I like the look of the deluxe prime, but I hate the look of the deluxe megaton. I essentially am hoping that it doesn't sell very good and I can get one on sale eventually. This isn't looking good though.

Batman
07-08-2008, 04:40 PM
I've got two battle begins axes. A friend of mine wanted a gun for his Prime so he gave me the axe. So now I have one for the deluxe Prime and Voyager.

Goaliebot
07-08-2008, 05:04 PM
There are a number of things I don't like about Voyager Prime, personally:
- "axe" thing
- the water gun
- The head sitting on a square block that turns
- outer arms are colored black

I really love my Deluxe Battle Begins Prime... if he were the size of the Voyager Prime he'd be just about perfect IMHO.

brr-icy
07-08-2008, 05:44 PM
i like the bb axe for v prime, his real axe i keep in my accessory bin, i don't like the bat-like look it has

kakit
07-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I really want the axe for my voyager prime, but there is no way I am dishing out to do so. I like the look of the deluxe prime, but I hate the look of the deluxe megaton. I essentially am hoping that it doesn't sell very good and I can get one on sale eventually. This isn't looking good though.
Same here, 30 bucks for a weapon that should've been included on the Voyager Prime is ridiculous. Hopefully somebody repros it soon...