PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Menasor Gift pack thoughts?

jtkv
07-24-2023, 09:21 AM
Hasbro announced the Legacy Menasor Gift pack at SDCC.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=53718&stc=1&d=1690204487

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=53719&stc=1&d=1690204788

This will go on preorder on Aug 1st, on Hasbro Pulse.
Who much do you think it will go for? $200US?
Will it have additional paint decos?

I didn't get the individual figures, so am considering this gift pack... Will existing collectors dump their individual releases?

So what are your thoughts?

Banshee
07-24-2023, 09:38 AM
Setting aside 200$ US for it is a safe move, since 190$ is the price of the individual bots. It might end up being lower, too, like 180$.

It doesn’t necessarily have more paint apps, they’re just different, more based on the g1 toys. Breakdown also has an extra head.

And no, I don’t think people will be dumping their menasor for this.

canprime
07-24-2023, 09:47 AM
Setting aside 200$ US for it is a safe move, since 190$ is the price of the individual bots. It might end up being lower, too, like 180$.

It doesn?t necessarily have more paint apps, they?re just different, more based on the g1 toys. Breakdown also has an extra head.

And no, I don?t think people will be dumping their menasor for this.

Is that the price that was mentioned?

If it is then that would be good, but I worry they might go higher due to being a Pulse exclusive.

Either way it will add more product to the field so it will help keep prices down for a little bit longer. Though this time next year I imagine both versions will be going for a pretty penny over retail.

Banshee
07-24-2023, 09:54 AM
Is that the price that was mentioned?

No idea. AFAIK, no price has been mentioned yet.

Magnimus
07-24-2023, 10:12 AM
I only wonder if Motormaster comes with complimentary yellowing, or do we need to pay extra for that?:rofl:

Collectingtoys
07-24-2023, 10:34 AM
This means there will be a Superion, Defensor and Computron set in the future.

They will cost about $400CAD each by the time they are released and factoring inflation.

I will be a sucker and buy them all.

Oliwood
07-24-2023, 10:59 AM
Looks awesome, glad for people who couldn't get the individual bots. Personally though I think it would have been better in the red, G1 retro style packaging, like they did with the TR Headmasters rereleases. But if you're buying to take them out of box then it doesn't matter.

Yonoid
07-24-2023, 11:05 AM
I only wonder if Motormaster comes with complimentary yellowing, or do we need to pay extra for that?:rofl:

:rofl:

xueyue2
07-24-2023, 11:14 AM
Come on, Hasbro loves us all, it's a tradition for 30 years, free DLC as always.

evenstaves
07-24-2023, 12:25 PM
As they fine-tune these molds to be more and more “there’s only one character this could possibly be”, they got to get their money’s worth out of these molds - so now it’s “show deco” “toy deco” “G2 deco” “shattered *ss”

It’s good cause the figs are getting better
But sometimes you get the 1st go-round, then later they do a better deco and it’s like “well f*ck”

Like I bought Evo leader Skyquake, but I’m keeping him sealed until they (I hope) release that beautiful Euro G1 deco on him, and then I’ll prob sell the Evo cause it’s frankly boring in comparison

CyberDragon10K
07-24-2023, 01:31 PM
This is sort of why I'm waiting on figures now. Marvel Legends had the VHS X-Men tbat are ongoing, but now they'll be releasing X-Men '97 versions of those same molding tweaks (no badly done cel shading deco this time) by Fall or so.

We're probably at the point where if you don't care about a specific character or characters you can probably just pickup one iteration of a unique mold and leave it at that. Unless you're going ham collecting seekers or lambros.

The funny part regarding Menasor is that I remember having his G1 version, along with Breakdown. I think I had Hot Spot, Streetwise, and First Aid too. One would think/would've thought I'd jump on grabbing those.

Covain
07-24-2023, 02:42 PM
I would have preferred if they'd held off on the G2 releases in the Wal-Mart Exclusive lines and done a full G2 set instead of re-releasing this. It's good for people who didn't get it but that's about it IMO. I wouldn't mind seeing them release an empty G1 style box for people to purchase similar to what they did for the last MP trainbot. Do full tech specs for each of the 6.

RNSrobot
07-24-2023, 02:51 PM
I would have preferred if they'd held off on the G2 releases in the Wal-Mart Exclusive lines and done a full G2 set instead of re-releasing this. It's good for people who didn't get it but that's about it IMO. I wouldn't mind seeing them release an empty G1 style box for people to purchase similar to what they did for the last MP trainbot. Do full tech specs for each of the 6.

It's rough because shadowstrip was already hard to find. Deadend is shortpacked. Who knows about breakdown and wild rider or menasor. Going to be fucking brutal to complete the full G2.

I didn't realize this set wastoy deco. I probably will pass, but I prefer toy deco over animation for the stinticons...

RansakWORK
07-24-2023, 04:53 PM
They really training people not to buy their products on release and wait for the possible better figure....because they keep pulling this trick. Toss in a ton of Hasbro "custom" or "fan fiction" figures in recent waves that have never seen a panel in a comic, scene in a film or any other piece of media and none stop repaints that leave people burned out.

RNSrobot
07-24-2023, 06:14 PM
They really training people not to buy their products on release and wait for the possible better figure....because they keep pulling this trick. Toss in a ton of Hasbro "custom" or "fan fiction" figures in recent waves that have never seen a panel in a comic, scene in a film or any other piece of media and none stop repaints that leave people burned out.

Eh a lot of those figs are all sold out.

But also yeah.

I wonded if they will do ss86 dinobots box set eventually. I would have said nah to five leaders in a box, but I would not have thought they would do menasor either considering it includes a commander.

RansakWORK
07-24-2023, 06:26 PM
Eh a lot of those figs are all sold out.

Sold out?

Evolution where most of this is happening hasnt even hit retail past Gamestop. Bulkheads, Arcees, Crankcases filling local walmart shelves. Local transformer retailer and sponser of this site always has shelves of generations figures when i go to his store.

You will always have the people who buy everything regardless of what that is. The majority of people do not shop this way though.

See anyone talking about fossillizers? have prices shot up on them on ebay?

RNSrobot
07-25-2023, 02:30 AM
Sold out?

Evolution where most of this is happening hasnt even hit retail past Gamestop. Bulkheads, Arcees, Crankcases filling local walmart shelves. Local transformer retailer and sponser of this site always has shelves of generations figures when i go to his store.

You will always have the people who buy everything regardless of what that is. The majority of people do not shop this way though.

See anyone talking about fossillizers? have prices shot up on them on ebay?

ohhhh okay. I get what you were saying now; I had in mind more of the comic-based or more niche but in fiction characters. Yeah the Skullgrin/Crankcase/Pointblank wave is... not moving.

I dunno. Armada Hotshot? Seen once. A lot of the voyagers, Inferno, Tarn, Leo Prime? Hard to find. I dunno man.

Lcs2006
07-26-2023, 01:26 PM
Is this a Hasbropulse exclusive? If so, I am worried that they may not ship to Quebec like they are doing for the most recent MPs.

RNSrobot
07-26-2023, 01:48 PM
Is this a Hasbropulse exclusive? If so, I am worried that they may not ship to Quebec like they are doing for the most recent MPs.

Yes... I think usually pulse exclusives will show up on TSM and A3u. It's the Walmart or Target exclusives that are rough.

NightshadeX
07-26-2023, 02:31 PM
Man such an easy pass. Love the idea of the toy deco/mold in a toy style gift box for those that prefer it, but I've been trying to stick to cartoon deco stuff so I'm happy to pass and know I'm not missing out or feel like I was tricked into buying individual releases. The individual ones are exactly what I wanted compared to this.

ssjgoku22
07-26-2023, 02:58 PM
Yeah, I'm going to pass on this. I have the 5 cartoon accurate figures already. If I bought this, it would just stay sealed in the box.

Tiffster
07-26-2023, 03:11 PM
I paid $226 CDN plus taxes to collect my individual releases. Gamestop discount plus blackfriday on Motormaster. I'm not about to spend so much more for toy accurate decos and a nice box.

Tiffster
07-26-2023, 03:12 PM
Yeah, I'm going to pass on this. I have the 5 cartoon accurate figures already. If I bought this, it would just stay sealed in the box.

That way you wouldn't have to watch Motormaster yellow. He'd just suffer in silence.

Skorpulator
07-28-2023, 08:36 AM
Giftset should have been G2 Menasor, not G1.

Dark Rage
07-28-2023, 11:50 AM

That won't sell very well compared to a G1 set TBH.

Northerncrowe
07-28-2023, 02:33 PM

Agreed. G2 colours scared me as a child.
Zubaz was bad enough then it tainted all my fav toy line.

Tiffster
07-28-2023, 03:00 PM

They did that with CW right? Actually with Shadowstrip being so rare I think it would sell well.

delrue
07-28-2023, 04:09 PM
They're going to have an increasingly difficult time selling these individual G2 repaints if they keep making the pieces near impossible for people to find them.

RNSrobot
07-28-2023, 04:29 PM
Agreed. G2 colours scared me as a child.
Zubaz was bad enough then it tainted all my fav toy line.

Hahaha zubaz!

There is absolutely an audience for G2. But the biggest we've seen in terms of gen redecoes are the recent leader classes, and the combiner wars box sets. Which sold fine, but that was when prices were much lower.

A G2 menasor set is something *I* would want but when you're going to be in the bag for... $300 Canadian for it? Oof.

Skorpulator
07-29-2023, 01:33 AM

Most adult collectors who wanted one already have a complete Legacy Menasor, so no point in buying another one that's nearly identical. And CW G2 Menasor sold well despite being the shittiest combiner around at the time.

WereDragon EX
07-29-2023, 12:45 PM
They retooled the wrong part of Brakedown (the head). Just saying.

jtkv
08-01-2023, 03:15 PM
Listing is up....

$189.99 USD
https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-legacy-evolution-stunticon-menasor-multipack

That is about CDN $300 (tax in) but before shipping...

ssjgoku22
08-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Listing is up....

$189.99 USD
https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-legacy-evolution-stunticon-menasor-multipack

Decent price. Pretty much the same as retail for the regular version ($140 + (4 x $36)). I just realized you're in Ontario. For Alberta with tax and shipping, it comes up to $306.

I think I might skip this one. I have the regular version, and other than the added decals and the slight change in color scheme, this doesn't do much for me.

Skorpulator
08-01-2023, 05:22 PM
Listing is up....

$189.99 USD

190 USD = 252 CAD before shipping, plus 40 CAD for Fedex shipping.

jtkv
08-01-2023, 05:34 PM
190 USD = 252 CAD before shipping, plus 40 CAD for Fedex shipping.

I included 13% tax for the total cost, as I am in Ontario..

Skorpulator
08-01-2023, 05:36 PM
I was about to hit the pay button and no taxes were showing for Quebec?