PDA

View Full Version : Animated DVD Shorts = Terrible Animation

Magnimus
06-19-2008, 08:41 PM
I watched the two shorts on the "Transform and Roll Out" DVD today. While funny, especially the one where Prime tries to explain to the kids the complex impossibilities of transformation, the animation is generally garbage. If you thought the regular series animation was bad....

They obviously took their time on key moments (Prime's transformation and Prowl's jump moves) but rushed the rest. Watch as Prime's mouth moves a mile a minute although he's barely speaking. Watch Prowl walk into the background, but stay in the exact same spot.

It was pretty painful to watch.

SPLIT LIP
06-20-2008, 10:19 PM
They were extras. I'm thankful they did them at all. the animation was iffy from now and again but honestly, I think someone else might've done it entirely. They weren't "painful" to watch, they just weren't the best. The only way it could be painful to watch is if the TV shot you in the leg at the beginning or you had a throbbing migrane before hand.

The only reason Prime's transformation was gorgeous was because it was one of the few peices of stock transformations they have.

Batman
06-21-2008, 02:42 PM
I didn't notice, they seemed pretty consistent with what is in the show. I really liked the first one.