PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Animated Episode 26 Official Discussion

Code of Honor
06-14-2008, 10:55 AM
Transformers Animated airs on YTV Saturday, at 11:00am EST, with episode 26, titled "Black Friday"

This thread is here to discuss this episode only,
please save the toy and future episode discussion for another thread.

Please refrain from posting spoilers until the airing, discuss your expectations and guesses of the episode until then.

brr-icy
06-14-2008, 11:29 AM
grimlock was priceless with the "where is thingy?", "him did it", and "oopsy fire bad" dissapointed the other two dinos didn't talk. with how at the end of each episode featuring her she's showing her soft side, i wonder what would happen if ba became elita 1 again? would she go back to the bots or stay a con? nice to see grimlock used well. and the pretenders were back, but too strong for what they were. why couldn't they leave meltdown dead? even though his extreme makevoer comment got a laugh out of me. overall a great episode

GMfan
06-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Good to see Blackarachia back again, and the Dinobots actually get some worthwhile screen time. Grimlock in the city rocked..."Me Grimlock still taller!" :P

Who alse heard the trivia question VA say "Who played UNICORN in the 1986 transformers: the movie?" trick question....there was no Unicorn in the original movie!

brr-icy
06-14-2008, 11:33 AM
he said unicorn, but it read unicron, and ajay's going to tfcon in two weeks? good thing it'll be over then lol

-KG-
06-14-2008, 11:35 AM
I noticed that too. It's always good to show kids how not to read...

GMfan
06-14-2008, 11:36 AM
He mentioned TFcon? How the hell did I miss that?! Oh ya, 4 hours of sleep....

Optimus_Prime
06-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Good to see Blackarachia back again, and the Dinobots actually get some worthwhile screen time. Grimlock in the city rocked..."Me Grimlock still taller!" :P

Who alse heard the trivia question VA say "Who played UNICORN in the 1986 transformers: the movie?" trick question....there was no Unicorn in the original movie!

And Pee Wee Herman as an option? LOL. Anyways, a great episode, loved Grimlock, loved the plot, Blackarachnia did not backstab Prime again, just too bad Meltdown did not die.

Optimus_Prime
06-14-2008, 11:39 AM
He mentioned TFcon? How the hell did I miss that?! Oh ya, 4 hours of sleep....
I missed it too, must have been yapping away at my brother during that.

knightrider2000
06-14-2008, 11:41 AM
This was a great epsiode Blackarachia and the Dinobots were good this is the only epsiode I liked that had Meltdown in it it is Excellent!

brr-icy
06-14-2008, 11:41 AM
he said "i'll be going to a transformers convention in a couple weeks"

Barpharanges
06-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Interesting Episode, but for me it felt like a filler episode. Blackarachnia is still a hard shell with a creamy interior, Meltdown still lives, Powell fails and the Dinobots are still stupid.
It deserves a Good because of Grimlocks new "flamethrower neck" feature (complete with spinal column drenched in fire), but sadly the best laugh was the boneheaded host "AJAYs" trivia question;
Who played UniCORN in the Animated Movie?

Code of Honor
06-14-2008, 11:49 AM
I heard unicorn, but I didn't hear TFcon mentioned. I actually liked an episode with Meltdown, it's all thanks to Blackarachia and Grimlock. Most of Grimlock's dialog was great and quite funny, while I just love Blackarachia. I didn't like the plot to much, the animation quality bumped up there in the middle.

Protoman
06-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Amazing episode over all. Animation budget was up a few notches today. We got to see the return of the Pretender Beasts, some great Prime/Grimlock scenes and 3 super detailed transformations. This episode also harkens back to Beast Wars Blackarachnia's men manipulation days.

Nightscrabbler
06-14-2008, 11:57 AM
I heard unicorn, but I didn't hear TFcon mentioned. I actually liked an episode with Meltdown, it's all thanks to Blackarachia and Grimlock. Most of Grimlock's dialog was great and quite funny, while I just love Blackarachia. I didn't like the plot to much, the animation quality bumped up there in the middle.

Ajay said he's going to a Transformers convention soon and he's really excited about it.

I don't like Blackarachnia's voice and I found the episode too slow and stopped watching.

Nocturn
06-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Lotsa Flash, No Body. Good, But not excellent.

Robimus
06-14-2008, 02:49 PM
"OK, but me Grimlock still taller than you" :D

This episode got another simple pass from me. Prime and Elita-1's continuing story was nice but at the rate of one episode per season its never gonna get finished.

Are the Dinobot's ever going to amount to much? Of course their humor was fun, but I find myself wanting much, much more from them.

And how come Sari's side story has been dropped like such a hot potato for what amounts to nearly all of season 2? It seemed important once upon a time.....

jourdo
06-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Not a bad episode at all. Grimlock was pretty good with his one liners. I'm pretty sure that Bumblebee is still pretty deep in the hole with his/Prowl's bet. How many times did he have to restart?

... and UNICORN??? Is reading not a necessary skill to work at YTV?

Robimus
06-15-2008, 12:16 AM
It is kinda funny that the YTV host has kinda out shadowed the episode.:D

Protoman
06-15-2008, 02:19 AM
Oh PJ Phil where arth thou!

familyman
06-15-2008, 08:46 AM
I really liked the episode, Didn't like Grimlocs head and neck thing.
I was nice to not have Sari in it,
And finaly getting to see some actualy transformations was great, much better then just have them suddenly appear in alt mode.

Team Jetfire
06-18-2008, 06:00 PM
Oh PJ Phil where arth thou!

MAJOR kudos to you for remembering that.

Was he not once know as PJ fresh Phil?

As for the ep, fianlly got to see it last night....pretty good. thought it would be a drag with Meltdown, but BA and the Dino's made the ep work.

And I still like it better then anything Energon pooped out.

CobraCommander
06-18-2008, 08:28 PM
Was PJ Phil the dude with the Star Wars fetish?

Vega-Starscream
06-18-2008, 09:16 PM
And I still like it better then anything Energon pooped out.

Dude! I'm so with you on that one, did'nt like energon at all, in fact, I prefer much better Cybertron and even Armada.

But the more I watch Animated the more I'm excited for next week episode

Loved all the moments with Grimlock and Blackarachnia especially when grimlock and Prime are forced to work together, loved the relations between them.

Blitzwing
06-19-2008, 02:06 PM
I liked the episode, thought it had a good blend of action and comedy. I'm still not too impressed by Meltdown as a villain. Also, what were the Pretender monsters doing the whole time Meltdown was gone? Just hanging around waiting for him to return?

Gimlock was good in this ep. "I go with you, but I go with you alone!" was a great line. He's a good kind of funny, rather than the lame G1 season 3 Grimlock kind of funny.

BA is a great character, but like someone said, she needs to appear more than once or twice a season for her story arc to really mean anything. I'm hoping she teams up with Wasp at some point in the near future.