PDA

View Full Version : how many transformers have been made- total

zuffyprime
05-26-2008, 01:04 PM
hi guys, I was wondering if anybody knows how many transformers have been made in total since 1984. I'm including japanese, european, exclusives, all lines, including beast wars etc...

Even re-paints I'm counting as separate figures.
And if a figure came with a minicon, I'm counting the minicon as a separate figure.

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated. thanks,
zp:D

Pascal
05-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Must be well over 5000.

BadJeff
05-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Must be well over 5000.

Though I have no idea... I'd agree with Pascal. Not sure if we'll be able to find the answer on this one but i'd love to know.

Leozak
05-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Zuffy, you must have a lot of free time on your hands ;)

Pascal
05-26-2008, 01:38 PM
I think the Hartman (was it their name?) bros had the biggest collection at some point. They might have an answer.

Magnimus
05-26-2008, 01:43 PM
What do you classify as as Transformer? Must it Transform unlike the revoltech figures? Also, do you consider repaints as all one figure or two? Do you count Botcon exclusive retools / repaints?

In any case, you are asking a broad question with probably no answer.

Team Jetfire
05-26-2008, 01:49 PM
You could start with a site like TFU and go from there. They have, as far as I know, a fairly complete database as to North American, European and Janpanese realease transformers.

Batman
05-26-2008, 02:11 PM
I'd like to know this too.

rid
05-26-2008, 02:43 PM
maybe nevermore from tfw2005 would know! He's really into these obscure info.

zuffyprime
05-26-2008, 03:28 PM
just a ballpark figure would be fine guys... ie) over 5,000

onecoin
05-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Must be well over 5000.

If its the the closest without going over, I bid 1 dollar!

Optimus_Prime
05-26-2008, 04:15 PM
I must have less than 1% of all Transformers ever made. Maybe Teletraan 1 the TF wiki can help, if someone was willing to count... and screw up.

Scrapper6
05-26-2008, 05:15 PM
Would you count variants akin to Metal Toes Rodimus Prime and Plastic Toes Rodimus Prime?

From what I've managed to estimate or list since I am a little anal and try to keep up-to-date accurate lists of all known Transformers from every era I would say that including everything, from PVCs to Mini-Con Partners and even the Playschool Go-Bots there would probably be currently around 2900 Transformers in the North American releases so far. Though I could be wrong. I haven't made a full accurate list of The Movie line yet or even started with Animated.

So take into consideration that at least every single North American release would be duplicated release wise in Japan and the European market and including the few rare Mexican/South American exclusives if there is around 2900 Transformers multiply that by the three big continents and you've got well past the 6000 count. That doesn't even begin to take into consideration Takara's blasted Lucky Draw 1 in 3 Gold Chromed repaints of Grand Maximus or what have you they seem to like bringing out every year for the priviledged few. Or all the Micron repaints Takara has been making since Micron Densetsu/Armada came out.

It would be 100% impossible to get a fully acurate count though because of the plain simple fact Hasbro and Takara are constantly making more Transformers. Be they new molds, repaints of repaints of repaints or non-transforming SCF/Revoltech style Transformers Merchandise. (Although anyone who counted all those Transformers T-Shirts and Party Favors along with the ordinary TFs would be taking things way too far.) :rolleyes:

Autovolt 127
05-26-2008, 05:55 PM
It's OVER 9000!!!!!!!

really i don't know?

Protoman
05-26-2008, 05:58 PM
5000 is being nice ABOUT THE LINE. I have actually sat down and tried to figure out the # years ago to get an idea of what I have (due to being an INSANE completiest) G1 USA alone is a little under 400 figures (if you don't count variations, the different minispy colors, decoys and pre-post rub figures, the watch transformers and more). Then you have G1 Japan which is another 230 (again ignoring variants, lucky draw, THEIR INSANE DECOY COLORS, SHBM pvcs, odd ball figure merchendise (talking toys) and so on. Then you have G1 UK which is 42. Then you have G2 USA-Japan-UK. Then you have Beast Wars USA, then Beast Wars Japan, then you have.... then you have.... it just keeps building up..... Just think about it this way. The movie line alone with all it's variants is a heavy hitter in the #s, let alone what Japan put out. Dude.... we are talking about almost 10,000.

I am not joking.....

zuffyprime
05-26-2008, 06:04 PM
wow:eek:

Logann64
05-26-2008, 07:44 PM
It's OVER 9000!!!!!!!

really i don't know?

I agree with "VEGETA" there... IT'S OVER 9,000!!!!!!!

Nocturn
05-26-2008, 08:10 PM
I agree with "VEGETA" there... IT'S OVER 9,000!!!!!!!

QFW!!!

Scrapper6
05-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Counting all of the many versions of Optimus Prime alone we have over 50 by now I believe it's actually closer to over 150, but I'm including all versions of the character Optimus Prime released to date in North America as well as the unreleased prototype G2 Cmdr. Optimus Prime Auto Roller and the unreleased Built-To-Rule Optimus Prime. Plus I have yet to incorporate all of the multiple versions of Optimus Prime from Animated simply because that toyline has only just started out and so far only Cybertron Mode Optimus has been released locally. (I believe.)

So yeah, I think it's a safe bet that there are close to 10 grand when it comes to globally produced Transformers. Especially when you count not only all of the packaging variants, but certain unreleased prototypes that we have seen as Test Models. Although I'm not sure if the repaint Energon Optimus Prime leader class was shown in Test Model form since it was on e-bay that we first saw it.

Big numbers. BIG NUMBERS.

CobraCommander
05-26-2008, 09:55 PM
hi guys, I was wondering if anybody knows how many transformers have been made in total since 1984. I'm including japanese, european, exclusives, all lines, including beast wars etc...

"in total" wow, that would probably be close to 1 Billion toys worldwide!

I'm assuming you are including multiple copies :D