PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Animated Episode 23 Official Disscussion

brr-icy
05-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Transformers Animated airs on YTV Saturday, at 11:00am EST, with episode 23, titled "A Fistful Of Enegon"

This thread is here to discuss this episode only,
please save the toy and future episode discussion for another thread.

Please refrain from posting spoilers until the airing, discuss your expectations and guesses of the episode until then.

Barpharanges
05-24-2008, 11:33 AM
I was wondering where the poll went. Shhhh, the mods are sleeping in....

Optimus_Prime
05-24-2008, 11:35 AM
I was also just wondering where this thread was. Anyways, this was a great episode that had a lot of effort put into it. Prowl doing the fake static was priceless! When he broke the bird eggs I could imagine how bad he felt. His armor looked awesome. Also, I am digging the Starscream clones, especially the G1 coloured one.

brr-icy
05-24-2008, 11:36 AM
I took the liberty of posting the poll and thread, lol let the mods sleep in for a change, i loved this episode, the armor sidecar is sweet, i loved the starscream clones, and the brief appearance of the dinobots, what was with lockdown's poncho? it made me laugh

Magnimus
05-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Nice to finally see *spoilers* Starscream in a G1 colour scheme.

Barpharanges
05-24-2008, 11:44 AM
The Dinobots were just a cameo again. "Me Grimlock no like spike between toes!"
Highlight of the episode for me was Lockdown dragging "wimp" Starscream in chains down the highway.
Prowl's voice actor revealed shades of Johnny Bravo with the static scene. Looks like the ninja's from down south...

SPLIT LIP
05-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Man that was awesome. the fights rocked. If they weren't shooting they were clobbering eachother.

StarScreamix
05-24-2008, 12:12 PM
Who's going to make the first lockdown poncho custom? :)

Great episode. Love the armour. Hope to see him get it back somehow. I would hate to see it as a one time thing.

Clones were cool. Hope a few of them go rogue and give us a few more characters even if they end up being short lived.

SPLIT LIP
05-24-2008, 01:11 PM
No LD poncho, but I figured this out:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/SPLIT_LIPZ7Z/002-19.jpg

JaySmith
05-24-2008, 02:29 PM
Nice to finally see *spoilers* Starscream in a G1 colour scheme.

Ditto. I really wished this was how he was from the beginning, as his current colour scheme reminds me of something Thundercracker might have.

ohnaji
05-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Didn't think this episode was terrible, but it could've been better. The animation quality was excellent this week, and it made watching the fight scenes fun.
The Dinobots appearing in yet another useless cameo was lame. I have to question why these characters are so under utilized and undeveloped.
The logic in this episode was bewildering as well. The Decepticons are bigger and more powerful. The Autobots should be trying to become stronger to face them, but after 20 eps. they only have Sari's key as their sole tactical advantage. It's absurd to spin Prowl's modifications into some sort of morality play. The theme of new power equals responsibility was covered in the Nanosec episode. The notion of revisiting and retreading on previously explored subjects, just to fulfill a merchandising bottom line is a hollow excuse. What's even worse is that Prowl gave it all up in the end.
Starscream and his clone army was a nice surprise. That was pretty cool and a refreshing new concept to Transformer lore. I really liked Lockdown's poncho mode. It's a goofy fun design.

Nocturn
05-24-2008, 02:35 PM
This episode was great.

Batman
05-24-2008, 02:44 PM
I loved it:) Lockdown is my favourite animated character and it was great seeing him again.

SPLIT LIP
05-24-2008, 02:48 PM
Ditto. I really wished this was how he was from the beginning, as his current colour scheme reminds me of something Thundercracker might have.If you've (spoilers) seen TC from Animated, you'd know that he has a LOOOOONG way to go before he looks anything like Thundercracker.

JaySmith
05-24-2008, 03:59 PM
If you've (spoilers) seen TC from Animated, you'd know that he has a LOOOOONG way to go before he looks anything like Thundercracker.

I haven't actually. :( Link me. :P Only reason I said that however, is that his current colour scheme is very similar to that of the repainted Thundercracker from the movie line.

Incepticon
05-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Only reason I said that however, is that his current colour scheme is very similar to that of the repainted Thundercracker from the movie line.
Bah, you don't need to explain yourself since you are far from alone in thinking this. Many, many, many people originally thought - and still *do* think - that Starscream's color scheme looks like Thundercracker... and that's because it does. You can't paint a Seeker in blues & grays and not have people immediately think of TC anymore than you can paint one in purples & blacks and not have them instantly think of Skywarp.

Split Lip is correct in the sense that once you see Animated Thundercracker by comparison, the differences are more obvious. But on his own, Starscream does indeed look more like TC than he does himself by traditional standards of whites, grays & reds.

Being that they maintained the general established color schemes for Prime, Megatron, Bumblebee, Blitzwing, Jazz, etc., I kind of wish they applied it to Screamer as well since I personally think his original colors are just as iconic as the other guys, and after seeing todays episode, look better on that design model. My guess is that they wanted to visually redefine him the same way they did with Prowl.

Scrapper6
05-24-2008, 04:34 PM
I took the liberty of posting the poll and thread, lol let the mods sleep in for a change, i loved this episode, the armor sidecar is sweet, i loved the starscream clones, and the brief appearance of the dinobots, what was with lockdown's poncho? it made me laugh

You mean to tell me you failed to get the reference to Clint Eastwood's character from A Fistful of Dollars, the second riff this episode made in regards to referencing the spaghetti westerns made by Eastwood? I mean the whole team up with Lockdown in general likens to Eastwood and the other bounty hunters' teaming up in A Few Dollars More. The poncho was not only a nod to those classic films and Eastwood's character, but in a sense it was also a little tip of the hat to Armada Scavenger who also debuted wearing a similar poncho.

You fail at the geek points this round my friend.

brr-icy
05-24-2008, 04:39 PM
You mean to tell me you failed to get the reference to Clint Eastwood's character from A Fistful of Dollars, the second riff this episode made in regards to referencing the spaghetti westerns made by Eastwood? I mean the whole team up with Lockdown in general likens to Eastwood and the other bounty hunters' teaming up in A Few Dollars More. The poncho was not only a nod to those classic films and Eastwood's character, but in a sense it was also a little tip of the hat to Armada Scavenger who also debuted wearing a similar poncho.

You fail at the geek points this round my friend.
lol, i never watched armada, and i don't watch westerns, so i concede

Echotransformer
05-24-2008, 04:42 PM
One would have to wonder if Hasbro or perhaps even FansProject will_make_a version of this armour/sidecar. It's simply awesome.

Highpoint for me was the pending showdown (Autobots vs. Decepticons) with most of the main cast present...and Bulkhead crashing in after the fact.

The quality of this series is excellent...I eagerly await each episode. :-)

Incepticon
05-24-2008, 04:45 PM
One would have to wonder if Hasbro or perhaps even FansProject will_make_a version of this armour/sidecar. It's simply awesome.
Good news for you - it's already been confirmed by Hasbro themselves that they ARE making a sidecar/armor version of Prowl. Apparently they even showed teaser pics of what it looks like @ BotCon. No cameras were allowed during that particular part of the convention, so there's (currently) no pics of it floating around the interweb.

Protoman
05-24-2008, 10:42 PM
A lot of people say G1 Starscream colors... but I really got a Armada Starscream vibe, specially when he was trying to strike a deal and join the Autobots to take out Megatron. Also that Prowl sidecar.... if Hasbro does not make it (SHOCK!!!) then I am sure TFclub's men would be GLAD to work something out.

Nocturn
05-24-2008, 11:28 PM
A lot of people say G1 Starscream colors... but I really got a Armada Starscream vibe, specially when he was trying to strike a deal and join the Autobots to take out Megatron. Also that Prowl sidecar.... if Hasbro does not make it (SHOCK!!!) then I am sure TFclub's men would be GLAD to work something out.

Something tells me they'll release it at a SWTF price point... therefore making us purchase the same figure once more.

Code of Honor
05-24-2008, 11:32 PM
A very Big thanks to brr-icy for making this thread, and for doing it right. I was exhausted after Anime North last night and just completely forgot about doing the whole Animated news stuff.

I also have yet to see the episode, for that matter I haven't seen last weeks episode yet either.:o

Protoman
05-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Something tells me they'll release it at a SWTF price point... therefore making us purchase the same figure once more.

I imagine some kind of Voyager set with no Lightpost/Signal Lancer.

slippy
05-25-2008, 12:08 AM
Wow, what an excellent episode! Prowl aka Mr. Happy Mods was fantastic.

I really like Starscream's character and his little speech about peace to the Autobots :D And he forgot Bulkhead's name haha

Magnimus
05-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Is this the first episode of the series in which Sari did not make an appearance?

Protoman
05-25-2008, 01:26 AM
Is this the first episode of the series in which Sari did not make an appearance?

The last time Lockdown showed up was also the last time we went without humans in an episode.

Pascal
05-25-2008, 01:40 AM
what was with lockdown's poncho? it made me laugh

Introduced specifically so a company like Justittoys or TF Club can produce an unofficial $20 upgrade kit. :)

I like the episode, but I got a feeling pt. 2 will be even better.

Btw, Prowl with sidecar upgrade has been confirmed at Botcon if I recall well. He will still be a deluxe.

Icetron
05-25-2008, 02:05 AM
That was great, I sorta hoped Prowl would keep his armor/samurai upgrade but he wouldn't be Prowl anymore. The fights were great though. :D

CobraCommander
05-25-2008, 07:02 AM
A lot of people say G1 Starscream colors... but I really got a Armada Starscream vibe, specially when he was trying to strike a deal and join the Autobots to take out Megatron.

Too me it kinda reminded me of Jetfire.

Highlights of this episode:
1) Great animation, way above average!
2) Homage to Spaghetti Westerns with the Poncho, team ups and stand-offs... they just needed Lockdown smoking a cigar and wearing a 10 gallon hat :D
3) Awesome Samurai Prowl battle armor!
4) SS Clones, probably the source of the other G1 seekers :D
5) No Sari and BB

Just a recommendation if you have the patience check out "The Good, The Bad and the Ugly" one of Clint Eastwoods better westerns imo.

Cheers Brr-icy!

slippy
05-25-2008, 09:16 AM
5) No Sari and BB

They were on a special fact-finding mission at 5 flags amusement park :D

jourdo
05-25-2008, 10:59 AM
I liked the episode. We got to see a different side of ol' ninja-bot. I kind of liked to see one of the good guys with the win at all costs attitude. The Starscream clones look like they will be an interesting story arc. Can't wait to see more of them.

Code of Honor
05-26-2008, 01:29 PM
Great episode! Really liked Prowls change, just wish he kept the upgrades, no humans was big plus, and seeing Lockdown again was cool.
Lance seems to bring put the best in the other voice actors as I found Prowl and Megatron to be especially good.
Can't wait to see how the seeker clones plot will progress.

GMfan
05-26-2008, 01:59 PM
Finally watched the PVR'd episode...I liked it but I couldn't stand how they made Prowl into a mod addict so quickly. I did like his Machiavellian mentality of doing whatever it takes to get the job done. The end justifies the means ;)

Team Jetfire
05-26-2008, 03:03 PM
I too just caught the in PVRed ep and thought it was great.

I knew Lockdown would show up considering Meg's message and it was cool to see Starsceam actully plan something all most worked out for him.

Also lol at BB and Sari's 'info gathering mission'

Robimus
05-29-2008, 12:09 AM
This one was a beauty Eh!

Loved all the aspects of this week. So many characters appeared and Starscream was really well done as he has been for the entire series, nice that he was a bit less invincible as well.

I'm not really sure about the tie in idea with Fist Full of Dollars but Lockdown's poncho was kinda cool. Just strange of them to reference that old western not only once but twice in the episode.

Will the Dinobots ever be important?.......its retorical don't answer please :).

Hope we've got a few episodes left as that silly white Don King host mentioned season one? is coming to a close pretty soon a couple weeks back. Or does he mean season 2? I really want that guy to be an insect Megatron flicks in TFTM2:p.