PDA

View Full Version : Animated Voyager Megatron

Robimus
05-22-2008, 08:53 PM
I don't see a thread dedicated to ranting/loving Voyager Megatron and I think one is probably needed as a buyer beware.........:(

I was talking about Voyager Meg's with JaySmith the other day and he had mentioned that he'd heard a lot of the same complaints about the figure I was voicing from others.

1. Arm Cannon: The arm cannon is very poorly planned on this version of Megatron. It has a strange seperate "arm" type deal to attach it which makes it look really silly. It almost gives it the look of a "gatling gun" more than the cartoon/G1 appearance. It also makes posing the figure extremely difficult.
In the end I found that the best way to go is jamming the a small part from the cannon into Meg's hand so that it sits in more or less the right place. I spent about an hour trying to make it look decent........The cannon arm thing is visible in the full picture, doing nothing it was meant to do.....

2. Megatron's Expression: This is a bit more minor but something I still found really frustrating. On the toy image from the back of the package Megatron is shown with his mouth closed in a frown. The above picture shows what facial expression actually comes on the figure, a totally different one than is shown on the packaging. Picture on packaging=:D , mouth on actual toy=:(. Check the full picture where the facial expression on the package can be clearly seen.

I'm really not that pleased with this figure because of the above problems. You can't move the thng at all without his arm cannon falling off....:(

Anybody else having issues?

Team Jetfire
05-22-2008, 09:02 PM
I hear you, and when I say I hear you...I REALLY HEAR YOU.

I posted this on another thread about our good buddy megs.

Opened Voyager Megatron, Cybertron last night and I am a little disappointed. The pictures looked great, but this may be a case of, looks better on screen than in hand.

My main issue with the figure is the alt mode. WTF is it even supposed to be. Sure there are something’s that could be used for wings and there are some molded circles that look like turbines, but other than that it just looks like mishmash of parts. There is even some question as to which way is forward as there are things on either end that could resemble a cockpit. I for one prefer the one with the sword blades pointing forward, the way that it was boxed, but depending how you look at it, it may have meant to be the other way around.

The robot mode somewhat saves this figure in my eyes though. The transformation is unique and, like Bulkhead, really gives the figure an animated vibe. The arm cannon is a little cumbersome and doesn't look quite right.

Pascal
05-22-2008, 09:16 PM
You're not supposed to detach the cannon for robot mode... True, it will sit at a weird angle relative to the arm, but it's supposed to be nice and tight... Figure might be a little hard to balance in certain poses, but it's not that bad...

EDIT : Here's my my original thread about Animated Voyager Megatron (and Bulkhead)...

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=5982

brr-icy
05-22-2008, 09:48 PM
i like it, as long as his right arm is upside-down the cannon sits on top of it, but i agree with the alt. mode, it looked more like movie megs' alt mode in the cartoon

Magnimus
05-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Call me crazy, but I like him. I have been able to strike some good poses with him, and I appreciate that the cannon can be detached because if it were fixed onto the arm that would make the transformation awkward.

My only dislikes are that on my figure the missile does not fly very far and that his head doesn't come far enough toward his chest during transformation.

All in all, I enjoy the figure more than dislike it.

Robimus
05-22-2008, 10:02 PM
You're not supposed to detach the cannon for robot mode... True, it will sit at a weird angle relative to the arm, but it's supposed to be nice and tight... Figure might be a little hard to balance in certain poses, but it's not that bad...

EDIT : Here's my my original thread about Animated Voyager Megatron (and Bulkhead)...

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=5982

Yeah, your picks sum it up as well. My arm cannon simply falls off though, not nice and tight at all. And I know I'm not supposed to detach the cannon, yet I'm left with no choice as I can't stand the way it looks. And I understand about spinning the arm upside down, tried it, no like it either:).

Ozrein
05-22-2008, 10:18 PM
If you trim off some of the one side of the arm cannon mount, it can sit a bit more on top of his arm. That's what I've done, I may trim it a bit more yet, but it does look a little better. I'll try to take some pics of what I'm talking about sometime in the next few days when I find a minute to do so.