PDA

View Full Version : 3 main Autobots and Decepticons???

jordonez
05-03-2019, 12:58 AM
Asking for everyone's opinion on this as some vary.

In your opinion who would you say are the 3 main Autobots and Decepticons. It'll help me make a decision on which authentic MPs to buy. Thanks in advance.

imfallenangel
05-03-2019, 01:12 AM
Seriously? It's so obvious

Regardless of personal preference, it's pretty universal who the main 3 are.

Decepticons:

Megatron
Soundwave
Starscream

Autobots:

Optimus
Ultra Magnus
Grimlock

For the Autobots, they are a bit tricker as they can be more about the individual's preference, heck, some might say three Optimuses.

jordonez
05-03-2019, 01:19 AM

Decepticons:

Megatron
Soundwave
Starscream

Autobots:

Optimus
Ultra Magnus
Grimlock

For the Autobots, they are a bit tricker as they can be more about the individual's preference, heck, some might say three Optimuses.

I totally agree for the Decepticons. The Autobots are still weighing on my shoulder with the exception of Optimus Prime. I'd probably say Bumblebee too. Not sure about the 3rd.

imfallenangel
05-03-2019, 01:27 AM
I totally agree for the Decepticons. The Autobots are still weighing on my shoulder with the exception of Optimus Prime. I'd probably say Bumblebee too. Not sure about the 3rd.

BB was and is the pushed "fun and relatable" character for kids across the cartoons and movies... but as actually "main" characters, if you go across all "universes"... UM and Grimmy have been the most consistant (aside OP which there's absolutely no debating him as the top one), and why I stated them in a completely impartial way. Those three represent the Autobots, BB represents the "little guy" that is forced down everyone's throat. Same reason I omitted mentioning Hot Rod/Rodimus as I find his character to be the one level higher than BB to be force down people's throat more than the value of the actual character...

Sale of toys would also show the appeal of which are the true main characters... (and if BB hadn't been pushed like he's been in the movies, he'd be just one of the other side characters). He's the Jar-Jar Binks of the TF world. He is the most commercialized character, not an actual main one.

Mike
05-03-2019, 02:23 AM
Mine

Autobots:
Optimus
Bumblebee
Third.. hmm could be anyone really, Jazz, Ironhide, Ratchet, Grimlock, Prowl, they change em all up from series to series other than Prime.

Decepticons:
Megatron
Starscream
Soundwave

alternatorfan
05-03-2019, 03:54 AM
Shockwave

DCompose
05-03-2019, 07:40 AM
Autobots:

Optimus Prime
Jazz
Bumblebee

Decepticons:

Megatron
Soundwave
Starscream

Pascal
05-03-2019, 10:53 AM
Optimus Prime / Bumblebee / Grimlock
Megatron / Starscream / Soundwave

Autobotz24
05-03-2019, 11:03 AM
Optimus Prime / Bumblebee / Grimlock
Megatron / Starscream / Soundwave

Same

Crobot91
05-03-2019, 11:47 AM
1 - Optimus Prime
2 - Bumblebee
3 - Hot Rod / Rodimus Prime
Honorable mentions - Grimlock & Jazz

1 - Megatron
2 - Starscream
3 - Soundwave
Honorable mentions - Shockwave & Devastator

Msol
05-03-2019, 01:08 PM
Same

Decepticons:

Megatron
Soundwave
Starscream

Autobots:

Optimus
Ultra Magnus
Grimlock

How the heck did you reach the conclusion that Ultra Magnus is a top 3 Autobot?

Zenith27
05-03-2019, 02:16 PM
Autobots:

1. Optimus Prime
2. Ironhide
3. Bumblebee
4. Jazz

Decepticons:
1. Megatron
2. Starscream
3. Soundwave
4. Shockwave

I added a 4th since you can't always get the top three from a given line within a reasonable timeframe. Especially with the Autobots.

DuG
05-03-2019, 03:18 PM
Autobots:

1) Thunderclash
2) Ginrai
3) Starsaber

Decepticons:

1) Black Zarak
2) Overloard
3) Deathsaurus

Crobot91
05-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Autobots:

1) Thunderclash
2) Ginrai
3) Starsaber

Decepticons:

1) Black Zarak
2) Overloard
3) Deathsaurus

imfallenangel's head just exploded, lol...

imfallenangel
05-03-2019, 07:09 PM
imfallenangel's head just exploded, lol...

nah...

as what i said, the top 3 as the OPs question was NOT about personal favourites, but about which 3 are the main characters that are the must-have for the majority of collectors....and available in masterpieces....

Some want to go with their favourites, all the power to them, but I'm sticking with my answer as that's not the question that was asked.

imfallenangel
05-03-2019, 07:14 PM
How the heck did you reach the conclusion that Ultra Magnus is a top 3 Autobot?
As what I just posted... the question is about the main 3 characters that are the "must have"...

Read any number of thread and the ones I mentioned are the standard characters that most collectors will have. And also, the characters that have showed up in almost all media (cartoons or comics), and have all been in just about every toy line...

When you see any of these, they are easily recognized as they are the "faces" of Transformers even to non-fans.

supermanTF
05-04-2019, 12:46 AM
Decepticons
Megatron
Star Scream Soundwave

Autobots
Optimus Prime
Jazz
Prowl
Bumble bee (he's small but he's iconic)

DuG
05-04-2019, 12:47 AM
nah...

as what i said, the top 3 as the OPs question was NOT about personal favourites, but about which 3 are the main characters that are the must-have for the majority of collectors....and available in masterpieces....

Some want to go with their favourites, all the power to them, but I'm sticking with my answer as that's not the question that was asked.

Oh those weren’t favourites, if they were favourites I wouldn’t have listed any Autobots, those are top 3 and are available in MP form from a mix of authentic, licenced, and 3P. Give it time and they will probably all be available officially.

Zenith27
05-04-2019, 04:02 AM
Another set of 3 that would do me fine would be:

Autobots:
Rodimus Prime
Ultra Magnus
Kup

Decepticons:
Galvatron
Cyclonus
Scourge

Sureshot22
05-04-2019, 07:53 AM
Nah.

Saying magnus is a character everyone knows including non fans is total b.s. people that aren't fans have never heard of ultra magnus. No way shape of form is he a top 3 that most collectors have or anyone would choose if they could only pick 3.

Bee isnt just a character that was shoved down everyone's throat he was easily a main character in the original cartoon.

Autobots 3rd character could be up for a bit of a debate but I would also go like other and say

Optimus Prime
Bumblebee
Grimlock

Honorable mentions
Jazz
Iron hide
Brawn
Cliff jumper
Ratchet

Decepticons are simple

Megatron
Starscream
Soundwave
Shockwave

I love ultramagnus and his mp is incredible but no way is he a top 3 for most collectors. Never.

TriBlurr
05-04-2019, 08:45 AM
Yeah I'll echo the obvious choices.

Decepticons

Megatron
Starscream
Soundwave

Autobots:

Optimus
Bumblebee
Grimlock

The Autobots are a bit trickier as they had way more guys with personality in the first season than the Decepticons.

But those three seem to be the most recognizable at least these days. Prime and Bee are everywhere, and Grimlock is the Dinosaur one. I see more of these three than any other Autobots in supplemental material like sticker books, t-shirts and posters. Honorable mentions go out to Ironhide and Jazz.

Janitor
05-04-2019, 10:05 AM
I'm just gonna go with the ones Hallmark made Keepsake ornaments of:
'Bots
-Optimus
-Grimlock
-Bumblebee (upcoming)

'Cons
-Megatron
-Soundwave
-Starscream

There. Done.