PDA

View Full Version : TRU dropping micromaster 2 packs and battlemasters?

maximal10
04-28-2019, 08:38 PM
Not sure if this is the right board for this (If so please let me know so I can move the post if its in the wrong area. An acquaintance of mine who works at TRU told me that the SKU's for the micromaster 2 packs and the battlemasters have been changed from A(active status) to X (Orders stopping) basically discontinuing that line in store. He could not find a replacement SKU so it looks like nothing past wave 1 will be on the shelves.

Vorahk
04-28-2019, 10:02 PM
Not surprised really. They haven’t been flying off the shelves at all. My Walmart’s and tru’s just have pegs and pegs of them.

imfallenangel
04-28-2019, 10:30 PM
We've seen this sort of thing before, and in time they almost always get them. The quantity may be low and some items rare so you either jump if you see something, or you hope that it'll be one that will have decent stock.

MapleMegatron
04-28-2019, 11:09 PM
Not sure if this is the right board for this (If so please let me know so I can move the post if its in the wrong area. An acquaintance of mine who works at TRU told me that the SKU's for the micromaster 2 packs and the battlemasters have been changed from A(active status) to X (Orders stopping) basically discontinuing that line in store. He could not find a replacement SKU so it looks like nothing past wave 1 will be on the shelves.

I am pretty sure that's not because they are no longer stocking them but more because they are doing that with all toys this month for their system conversion. TRU is converting from old legacy systems ran by the old US company to new systems controlled internally. So you telling us this now makes sense.

SHCKWAVE
04-29-2019, 09:18 AM
I am pretty sure that's not because they are no longer stocking them but more because they are doing that with all toys this month for their system conversion. TRU is converting from old legacy systems ran by the old US company to new systems controlled internally. So you telling us this now makes sense.

Totally agree with you Maple. My local TrU told me no new truck arriving for at "least" 3-4 weeks for this very reason.

evenstaves
04-29-2019, 09:51 AM
Didn't this same thing happen back with the TR Titan Masters?

TRU only stocked the first two waves and promptly ceased stocking TMs - we had to go to WalMart for waves 3 & 4 (and everyone knows about Ramhorn's ill-fated wave 5)

C Spray
04-29-2019, 09:57 AM
Nothing new.

Yonoid
04-29-2019, 10:06 AM
i hope they keep the same sku system for wave releases with the upgrades

Collectingtoys
04-29-2019, 10:20 AM

Yes, this is the most important point. Siege Reflector/Refracktor will than only be obtainable at the full retail price of $90. That’s an expensive non-working camera.

Janitor
04-29-2019, 10:31 AM
Not only that, any of our rainchecks issued under the old SKU system would be rendered completely useless. Hope they still honour them if that's the case.

Yonoid
04-29-2019, 10:59 AM
Yes, this is the most important point. Siege Reflector/Refracktor will than only be obtainable at the full retail price of $90. That’s an expensive non-working camera.

im going to skip the reflector most likely, unless they look really good in person.

I picked these up off ebay a while ago and quite satisfied with them (although they are more legends scale)

https://tf-direct.com/papa-toys-pp-01-camera-p2294.html

MapleMegatron
04-29-2019, 11:54 AM

Yes, I hope so too. It's a nice balance to walmart's system.

chaingunsofdoom
04-29-2019, 12:33 PM
I was informed about the 'system upgrade' at TRU as well.

I have no knowledge or details, but I suspect that the ability to 'buy a Wave 1 toy SKU and keep it for Wave 2 stock with same SKU to exchange' may be disappearing.

Every other store uses the barcodes to distinguish items and even TRU USA switched to that method years ago...

MapleMegatron
04-29-2019, 02:16 PM
Every other store uses the barcodes to distinguish items and even TRU USA switched to that method years ago...
The US TRU had SKUs too, isn't the idea here that these are the same systems and they are changing them?

We saw a presentation leaked from them right before their bankruptcy which said that reducing the number of SKUs was to be one of their main goals as they try to stay afloat.

chaingunsofdoom
04-29-2019, 08:49 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of how they print products on the receipts.

US TRU had switched to barcodes numbers per product on receipts years ago. Maybe it was still SKUs of products behind the scenes, but the last US vacation I had before TRU closed, all TFs bought were listed by barcode number. You couldn't buy OP and return a Megatron for him like we can still do here.

MapleMegatron
04-30-2019, 03:40 PM
I was thinking more along the lines of how they print products on the receipts.

US TRU had switched to barcodes numbers per product on receipts years ago. Maybe it was still SKUs of products behind the scenes, but the last US vacation I had before TRU closed, all TFs bought were listed by barcode number. You couldn't buy OP and return a Megatron for him like we can still do here.

I see, thanks

ngnaw
04-30-2019, 06:01 PM
Do you think wave 2 will hit TRU within the next 2 weeks? If not I have to return 3 deluxes that I was planning on exchanging...

MapleMegatron
04-30-2019, 06:14 PM
Do you think wave 2 will hit TRU within the next 2 weeks? If not I have to return 3 deluxes that I was planning on exchanging...

With the system change, they wont be receiving any new stock for a little while, at least the next 2 weeks.

Jove
05-01-2019, 05:45 PM
im going to skip the reflector most likely, unless they look really good in person.

I picked these up off ebay a while ago and quite satisfied with them (although they are more legends scale)

https://tf-direct.com/papa-toys-pp-01-camera-p2294.html

Actually, I like the Papatoys "reflector" BECAUSE it is legends scale. The original Reflector was smaller in the TV show than a deluxe (e.g. Starscream) the PPT version fits right in. $90 official version?

No thanks, I'll let the rest of you fight over them. Happy hunting.

evenstaves
05-02-2019, 12:03 AM
You couldn't buy OP and return a Megatron for him like we can still do here.

If this SKU thing you guys are talking about is going to wreck ability to do swaps, this is gonna SUCK

TRU used to be best for this, way more lenient than WM, whose policy flip-flops depending on if the old Returns grandmas decide to hate you or not that day