PDA

View Full Version : Optimus Prime G1 up online Walmart

Smyler67
02-21-2019, 03:16 AM
It’s 11:15 pm pacific time. Wednesday February 20.
Optimus is now up on Walmart’s website. Sorry if someone already posted. Just wanted the Canadian fans to know.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transformers-vintage-g1-optimus-prime-collectible-figure/6000199102182

Super_Megatron
02-21-2019, 08:47 PM
Personally prefer to buy these in person to ensure the boxes are in good shape.

ssjgoku22
02-21-2019, 09:03 PM

Yeah, Walmart.ca might sit on it and then send it to you, lol

79transam
02-21-2019, 09:16 PM
If you want obe that hasn't been tumbled across the isles, best bet is to get on it. Wal-Mart is like a rompus room

zhaobinis1
02-21-2019, 11:36 PM
i bought the hot rod from their website and they shipped it in a plastic bag. the postman also jammed the box into my mailbox so the box was completely crushed.

Landstander
02-23-2019, 01:17 PM
Got mine yesterday from Walmart.ca, box was mint, now I own Optimus price :P

optimusb39
02-23-2019, 02:19 PM
ive seen him available on shelf. boxes in perfect condition

Landstander
02-25-2019, 10:34 PM
ive seen him available on shelf. boxes in perfect condition

From reading the Ontario sighting thread, it sounds like 1/4 or a third have damaged boxes. I went to my local Walmart over the weekend, and the five they had were dented.

riderman
02-26-2019, 05:02 AM

I strongly agree with you, if I am to pay that price I want the best box and the best painted product and the best way is to see them in person and in store compared to online! I want to go through all of them until I find a box I think is the best and in mint condition.

riderman
02-26-2019, 05:05 AM
Yeah, Walmart.ca might sit on it and then send it to you, lol

That's exactly what happens to most of my online shipments. That's why I prefer to go pick and choose in store compared to buying online.

riderman
02-26-2019, 05:06 AM
i bought the hot rod from their website and they shipped it in a plastic bag. the postman also jammed the box into my mailbox so the box was completely crushed.

Same thing happened to mine! They got to bubblewrap and pack them better not in bags but boxes!

Darkmatter
02-27-2019, 12:19 PM
Are they releasing anything else form the G1 line along with "50% Optimus"? ;)

Thanks,

DM

Tonestar
02-27-2019, 12:35 PM
Are they releasing anything else form the G1 line along with "50% Optimus"? ;)

Thanks,

DM

A Soundwave with Buzzsaw pack is coming, 2 different Double Decepticon Cassette packs as well as Minibots Warpath and Gears.

Northern Maximus
02-27-2019, 03:49 PM
In all the stores in Ontario I frequent, the packaging is almost always squished, dinged or bent making it nearly impossible to get a perfect specimen. Instore is no longer the way to obtain perfect packaging items. Workers opening boxes with knives don't care about your G1 top flaps.

Ive resorted to ordering 4-10 or each figure to ensure 1 will meet my high demands. Then returning the rest. Most of the time they all arrive mint and always packaged with bubble bags.

Beats the snot out of toys r us shipping methods and best way to get a mint specimen to put away is ordering from Walmart.ca

Pepz
03-07-2019, 10:15 PM
G1 Primes are still in stock on Walmart.ca, does this mean they will rollback this overpriced, trailerless bot? I want it but not for 70, I'd like to pay 40 or less

MapleMegatron
03-08-2019, 12:47 PM
G1 Primes are still in stock on Walmart.ca, does this mean they will rollback this overpriced, trailerless bot? I want it but not for 70, I'd like to pay 40 or less

So here is what you do (its what I did with Starscream):
Buy it now for full price
You have 3 months for the toy to drop in price and get a price match for it.
Within that time, if it goes down and they all sell out, at least you still have yours which you can price match
If it stays the same price, then just return it right before the 3 months are up

All I know is that in 1.5 years from now when all these will be sold out, it will be selling for a lot more than 70$ on the aftermarket. The cool box still makes this release a collectable different from previous primes even if those contained more stuff.

Pepz
03-08-2019, 09:32 PM
So here is what you do (its what I did with Starscream):
Buy it now for full price
You have 3 months for the toy to drop in price and get a price match for it.
Within that time, if it goes down and they all sell out, at least you still have yours which you can price match
If it stays the same price, then just return it right before the 3 months are up

All I know is that in 1.5 years from now when all these will be sold out, it will be selling for a lot more than 70$ on the aftermarket. The cool box still makes this release a collectable different from previous primes even if those contained more stuff.
Thx MapleMegatron, sounds like a good plan! is it better to buy online or in store to get the price match?

ssjgoku22
03-09-2019, 01:43 AM
Thx MapleMegatron, sounds like a good plan! is it better to buy online or in store to get the price match?

Buy them in store. You don't know the condition of the box if you buy them online.

QuadESL63
03-09-2019, 11:21 AM
The condition of the box is mainly due to the cheap cardboard Hasbro uses for this line. It is a lot worst than their other TF products! And with the uncaring Walmart stockers (can’t blame them to be honest) damaged boxes are what we got.

JLvatron
03-09-2019, 12:15 PM
And with the uncaring Walmart stockers (can’t blame them to be honest) damaged boxes are what we got.

I disagree.
Damaging a collectors item is quite blameable.

QuadESL63
03-09-2019, 01:01 PM
I disagree.
Damaging a collectors item is quite blameable.

To us it is a collectible, to them it is just another merchandise that they have to stock... like a tube of toothpaste, a carton of milk, a pack of batteries, etc. I am not saying doing a crappy job is excusable and they should take care of anything they do. It is just understandable.

Also, you can’t argue the cardboard Hasbro uses is not crappy. It is thin, easily bended and dinged, and looks cheap. It is even worst then the ones uses by their mainlines. These G1 reissue boxes might have the vintage US G1 looks but lack the quality.

ssjgoku22
03-09-2019, 01:55 PM
The condition of the box is mainly due to the cheap cardboard Hasbro uses for this line. It is a lot worst than their other TF products! And with the uncaring Walmart stockers (can’t blame them to be honest) damaged boxes are what we got.

Unfortunately, sometimes it looks like Walmart sits on your orders before they ship them to you (Amazon is the same too).

joelones
03-09-2019, 02:42 PM
In terms of box condition, best bet when ordering online at Walmart is to order multiples and return what you don't like.

FreakNasty
03-09-2019, 06:06 PM
In terms of box condition, best bet when ordering online at Walmart is to order multiples and return what you don't like.

That's some 40yr old virgin $hit right there lol

chaingunsofdoom
03-18-2019, 10:38 PM
If you were wondering how many were in-stock on WM.ca... 921 still!

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=63050979498

Someone on RFD made the site/tool in their free time, so it's pretty decent once you see how it works to check stock numbers.