PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a hotel room mate

Protoman
05-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Hey hey fellow TFconners, Guberbot and I are looking for another room mate for our room to lighten the load price wise. If anyone is interested either reply here or PM me and we can work something out. You get to chill with me, come on! Some people PAY for that alone :cool: Please be 100% about going. Thanks.

**Update** Ok I should have included more info

We are looking for someone who is going to be there friday-saturday-sunday. Meaning paying for 3 days and 2 nights. It's going to run between $60-70 bucks a person. Even if there is replies in the thread send your info, we are trying to find someone reliable, not just anyone.

zuffyprime
05-14-2008, 09:13 PM
pm sent

GMfan
05-14-2008, 09:48 PM
I'd do it if I wasn't concerned about winding up topless online for your post-report :P

That and I live 2 minutes away. More money for transformers!

Dark Rage
05-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Is it illegal to sleep in your car overnight at the parking lot? LOL

Code of Honor
05-14-2008, 10:16 PM
I'd do it if I wasn't concerned about winding up topless online for your post-report :P

Oh God no you don't want that to happen.

Dark Rage
05-14-2008, 10:41 PM
We don't want to see GMFan101's man-boobs anyways :P

GMfan
05-14-2008, 10:49 PM
Actually I have a fairly fit upper body but lets just say you can tell I'm European :P

Protoman
05-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Is it illegal to sleep in your car overnight at the parking lot? LOL

You don't know how many times I wanted to do that back in high school for Botcon (when money was thin). But sadly it's illegial...... but honestly.... you can get away with it.

RavageX-9
05-29-2008, 07:28 PM
I'm not sure, but I think I may be looking for a place to stay Friday night only. This time I'll be driving/riding, rather than taking a bus.
I may be looking for a place for two, because my mom's driving with me, since I only have a G1 license. (I might have a G2 by then, but still not enough to go on highways.)
Man, this is so strange. I've NEVER had my mom come with me to a convention before. She's not coming to the actual convention, but she's got the transportation...

I'd like to stay with someone who doesn't have sleep apnea, and ideally someone who doesn't snore... too loudly, at least. No offense to those of you that do, but I just can't sleep through that.
Likewise, no late-night partiers. and no smoking in the bathroom! (because it flows into your neighbors bathroom, like it did to us last year. uhg. nasty.)

Protoman and Guber are nice guys. I'd stay with them again if they would have me and if circumstances permit (which might not if there's 2 people and/or only 1 night)

Black Cat
05-29-2008, 08:04 PM

Two minutes? Guess I should consider crashing at your place, then. :p

I may be looking for a place for two, because my mom's driving with me, since I only have a G1 license. (I might have a G2 by then, but still not enough to go on highways.)

Actually, a G2 is enough to go on the highway by yourself (otherwise, how would you learn how to use them for your G test?). :)

JLvatron
05-29-2008, 08:36 PM

Hopefully after your G1 and G2 you can move on to BW, BM, and even RiD! :)

Protoman
05-29-2008, 10:44 PM
Just to let ya know the spots in the hotel room have been filled, thanks to all that applied. Good luck and enjoy the con.

RavageX-9
05-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Two minutes? Guess I should consider crashing at your place, then. :p

Ditto!

Actually, a G2 is enough to go on the highway by yourself (otherwise, how would you learn how to use them for your G test?). :)

Not 400-series highways. That makes it really difficult to get anywhere. I can get to Toronto from here, but not if I'm driving up from Buffalo, NY. (which I'm planning to "detour" to on the way, to pick up lots of TF goodies I bought) The detours there are insane. Adds a couple hours to my trip.

Wah-wah-waAaAaAah...
So you mean, my license gets WORSE at the end? ;)

Aernaroth
05-30-2008, 01:14 PM

This pun is not getting enough love. And with your G2, yes, you can drive on 400 series highways. Basically, a G2 is a year long probation period. You can't have any alcohol in your system at any time, as well.
http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/gradu/index.html

JLvatron
05-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Basically, a G2 is a year long probation period. You can't have any alcohol in your system at any time, as well.

Well then let's celebrate your G2 with a Rootbee...
i mean, a Root-drink! That's right, a non-alccy Rooter! :)

Protoman
05-30-2008, 05:39 PM
*facepalm*

RavageX-9
06-10-2008, 04:20 AM
I'm still looking for accommodations, at least for one person for Friday night. I can do without Saturday night, but maybe I could stay a second night if that's the way you're set up.
Ideally accommodations without extremely loud noises (like sleep apnea or late night partying. just the extremes.)

or could someone at least offer me a shower in the morning? I can find accommodations at a camp sight (I was told there was one even near the airport. I think my mom's plan was to do some camping while I'm at the convention) but I don't think most camping spots have shower facilities. I'm sure I'll manage to wash my armpits somehow if I'm out of options, but I don't look forward to it.

LordStanley1893
06-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Ditto!

Not 400-series highways. That makes it really difficult to get anywhere. I can get to Toronto from here, but not if I'm driving up from Buffalo, NY. (which I'm planning to "detour" to on the way, to pick up lots of TF goodies I bought) The detours there are insane. Adds a couple hours to my trip.

If you are looking for Animated there are stores with plenty to be had in the Buffalo area. Let me know if there are specific stores. I can tell you if I stopped there and what they have.

General Tekno
06-10-2008, 01:22 PM
How easy is it to get to the convention from Toronto proper? Looking at maps, the subway doesn't go out that far... I'll probably be staying with relatives, so I'm concerned with transportation.

Nightscrabbler
06-10-2008, 01:38 PM
How easy is it to get to the convention from Toronto proper? Looking at maps, the subway doesn't go out that far... I'll probably be staying with relatives, so I'm concerned with transportation.

It depends what you consider easy. It's not complicated, but if you're from out of town and you don't like a 90 minute commute it might be a little harder. See this thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=1518

RavageX-9
06-16-2008, 11:50 PM
Ok, looks like it's just me needing a place to stay. and I could do with one or both nights, although I guess both nights would be ideal. I'll take whatever. I don't need a bed. I was pretty comfortable with the couch cushions and a blanket on the floor.

My mom started complaining about how if I had to stay at a camp site, that she'd have to drop me off at the convention in the evening and then pick me up later to get to the camp site, because at least if I had my own accommodations, she could be free to go off and do her own thing.
Since she's doing me a favor by driving over with me. :(