PDA

View Full Version : Who is the hardest POTP, CW and TR figure to find?

megrimlockking
02-05-2019, 01:53 PM
I am just wondering from all the collectors on here on what figure is the hardest to find either in store or 2nd hand. In my opinion Sky Lynx has been the hardest to find.

DCompose
02-05-2019, 02:21 PM
Quickslinger and Brake-Neck

chaingunsofdoom
02-05-2019, 02:22 PM
Ramhorn. Until I found 3 at a Co-op Grocery store last week (still priced at 10.99!) I had never seen him in the wild up in Canada.

positivelyken
02-05-2019, 02:29 PM
Ramhorn. Until I found 3 at a Co-op Grocery store last week (still priced at 10.99!) I had never seen him in the wild up in Canada.

Co-op stores have toys??

Soundwaves
02-05-2019, 02:36 PM
For me, top spin and perceptor. Never saw a single one of either.

QuadESL63
02-05-2019, 03:04 PM

Can you get me a Ramhorn? I will reimburse you with any cost incurred. I have been looking for it for a while and there is no Coop here in Toronto. Please PM me how you want it to be paid if we have a deal! Thanks!

FreakNasty
02-05-2019, 03:09 PM
I am just wondering from all the collectors on here on what figure is the hardest to find either in store or 2nd hand. In my opinion Sky Lynx has been the hardest to find.

Easy:

CW Quickslinger

QuadESL63
02-05-2019, 03:19 PM
I have never seen a Novastar in the wild. Mine is from Amazon.

Ramhorn... I have never seen one either, not even at Toys Toys Toys.

The Walgreen exclusive TR Brainstorm... well it was not even available here to start with. It was later released again in a SDCC boxset and in Japan under their Legends line, though.

OldOfflineMan
02-05-2019, 03:25 PM
In the last year that I have been collecting...
CW - Alpha Bravo: Perhaps no one wanted it because who has ever heard of a chopper in the Aerialbots? I ran across more used/new Quickslingers and Brake-Necks than I did Alpha Bravo.
TR - Ramhorn: Maybe because it was the last wave as there was only one run? Only available online now at elevated prices.
POTP - Novastar: Again it was the last wave, so there was only one run AFAIK. Only available online now at elevated prices.

wervenom
02-05-2019, 03:34 PM
I have never seen a Novastar in the wild. Mine is from Amazon.

Ramhorn... I have never seen one either, not even at Toys Toys Toys.

The Walgreen exclusive TR Brainstorm... well it was not even available here to start with. It was later released again in a SDCC boxset and in Japan under their Legends line, though.

These

Collectingtoys
02-05-2019, 03:50 PM
Titans Return Ramhorn, a total of maybe 5 or 8 showed up across this great country.

Yonoid
02-05-2019, 04:01 PM
I only started collecting midway through CW...

Ramhorn - never saw in store, only able to get a copy because a fellow board member hooked me up

Sky Lynx (plus the deluxes in wave 6) - only saw in stores once, although as time passed fairly easy to get them off the boards

SlugSlinger - Never seen in store, was briefly available on TRU online. Again board member helped me out and fairly easy to find on people's sell list

Novastar - Never seen in store, got mine from a board member, although it has been on amazon for a while so I wouldn't say it's hard to find......

Rodimus Unicronus - Didn't seem to be stocked well in local retail, somewhat decent stock on amazon

zhaobinis1
02-05-2019, 04:20 PM
i have a brand new Brianstorm for sale if anyone is still interested...

Zenith27
02-05-2019, 04:21 PM
I would say these were my rarest from hardest to easiest to find.

1. TR Ramhorn (never saw in store, had to get on ebay)
2. TR Wingspan/Cloudraker (EBgames for 2 days, gone)
3. TR Grotesque (only online for a couple weeks)
4. CW Wreck-Gar (only saw in specialty stores)
5. PotP Novastar (only ever saw on Amazon for short time)
6. TR Arcee (only oline for a couple months)
7. CW Sky-Lynx (only saw at TrU/WM once)
8. CW Megatron (only saw at TrU/WM once)
9. CW Ultra Magnus (only saw at TrU/WM once)
10. TR Slugslinger (saw 1-2 times at TrU/WM)

Honorable mentions:
CW Leokaiser set (online only, not well known)
TR Brainstorm (saw a Walgreens in US a couple times)
TR Siege on Cybertron (TrU and online for short time)
TR Chaos on Velocitron (TrU and online for short time)
PotP Rodimus Unicronus (only saw online)
PotP Wreck-Gar (hung around EBgames a couple weeks)

If anyone cares to mention where any of these were easily found I'd be interested for future reference.

megrimlockking
02-05-2019, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=Zenith27;781154]I would say these were my rarest from hardest to easiest to find.

1. TR Ramhorn letgo in Vancouver
2. TR Wingspan/Cloudraker Craigslist in Richmond,BC
3. TR Grotesque Facebook marketplace Bellingham, Washington
4. CW Wreck-Gar never seen
5. PotP Novastar a few at Walmart’s
6. TR Arcee never seen except on a Facebook transformers group
7. CW Sky-Lynx have only seen a handful on eBay
8. CW Megatron a few on Craigslist in Vancouver
9. CW Ultra Magnus saw a few at TRU long time ago
10. TR Slugslinger saw a few on Craigslist in Vancouver

Honorable mentions:
CW Leokaiser set only Walmart.ca
TR Brainstorm Craigslist
TR Siege on Cybertron never seen
TR Chaos on Velocitron never seen
PotP Rodimus Unicronus lots on amazon and a few on Facebook marketplace
PotP Wreck-Gar tons at Walgreens and Walgreens.com

GotBot
02-05-2019, 07:06 PM
We never got Ramhorn or Rodimus Unicronus here anywhere. So, I'll say them, I guess, TR Brainstorm fell in that too.

MilanX3
02-05-2019, 08:56 PM
Many mentions here, but Titans Returns Megatron...excellent figure, was at WM for a short time and never at TRU. Rodimus Unicornus and Novastar for ones actually sold in Canada...and that 5 or 6 Ramhorns that made it to Canada...for the entire country.

MapleMegatron
02-05-2019, 09:34 PM
The answer is Ramhorn

ssjgoku22
02-05-2019, 10:15 PM
Ramhorn, also the CW Protectobots were hard to find (especially Rook).

Msol
02-05-2019, 10:41 PM
Definitely Sky Lynx for me.

evenstaves
02-05-2019, 11:07 PM
CW
obvs Quickslinger & BrakeNeck
Saw everyone else in healthy quantities at retail, though I only started around 3rd wave and backfilled older figs through cons & comic shops

TR
obvs Ramhorn, only one I ever saw was the one I bought @ TFCon 2017 from CapturedPrey
wave 4 deluxes' initial release was pretty flash-in-the-pan; Krok&Quake got reissued but Kup, Perceptor and Topspin were tough to find, thanks be I found all five in a Gatineau WM, ad matched to a TRU flyer, was a good day
Saw enough of all the others

POTP
RodimusUnicronus, only one I ever saw at retail was the one I bought, though saw one at CMDstore's booth at an Ottawa con
also Novastar, again only one I ever saw at retail, I snapped up right away

All the CW & TR box sets I saw often enough when they were out (except the TR intelligence & fireblast sets ofc)

Zenith27
02-06-2019, 02:40 AM
https://lmb3.files.wordpress.com/2018/10/tfbbcassettes-01.jpg?w=640&h=443

Only ever saw this at Target and it's gone from their website.

This isn't part of the official line but if you want a Rumble and gold Buzzsaw to go with Ravage, Frenzy and Lazerbeak....

optimusb39
02-06-2019, 06:20 AM
... a good one?...

Zenith27
02-06-2019, 12:39 PM
... a good one?...

Gold rather than yellow.

Tonestar
02-06-2019, 01:04 PM
For CW I Never found SkyLynx at retail in my area, I bought him from a woman on Kijiji for $35.
CW Megs I ordered from Amazon for $42 but I did see him at retail once or twice.
All the other CW TF's Waves I had no problem finding at TRU or at WalMart.
TR I had to order Brainstorm from the Walgreen's site for me and a couple of others. I ordered Arcee from the Hasbro Toy Shop and got Grotusque weeks before TRU.Com in the U.S. folded. Had to order Ramhorn from BBTS because like everyone else he never showed at retail. Lucky enough to get Slugslinger at TRU and all the others there or at WalMart.
POTP I never found Rodimus Unicronus anywhere at retail so I ordered him from Amazon.com as well as the other 3 Amazon exclusives Blast Off, Punch/Counterpunch and Repugnus not knowing they'd show up on the Canadian site and for real cheap around Boxing day last year too...$12 for Blast off and $10 for Repugnus is what I remember them going down to. Also lucky enough to get Throne of the Primes Primal from Hasbro Toy Shop last year and the Bumblebee Cassette pack above from Target.com. Also had no trouble getting EB Exclusive Deluxe Wreck-gar as he was plentiful.
Now if only the Siege Leaders Magnus and Shockwave would show up, I have yet to see them anywhere in my area. Even EB is always sold out. Oh well, I can wait.

chaingunsofdoom
02-06-2019, 01:54 PM
Co-op stores have toys??

They do here. But they either have garbage or stuff I've never seen. More of the former. At one Co-op last year, I got the Evergreen Legends sized wave which I've never seen anywhere before.

Whatever stock they have, it is guaranteed to be over-priced. The Cyberverse Deluxes are $24.99.

Marcotron
02-06-2019, 02:24 PM
Generations Arcee...

megrimlockking
02-09-2019, 09:11 PM
This guy in Vancouver is selling all TR, CW and POTP as a lot

ssjgoku22
02-09-2019, 11:21 PM
This guy in Vancouver is selling all TR, CW and POTP as a lot

I really doubt it's worth that asking price.

Baryonyx
02-09-2019, 11:57 PM
Titans Return Ramhorn, a total of maybe 5 or 8 showed up across this great country.

Famous Toys had Ramhorn.

megrimlockking
02-10-2019, 02:00 AM
I really doubt it's worth that asking price.

Those are just random numbers, he says make him an offer. I have no idea where to start on a price for all that