PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Animated Episode 20 Official Discussion

Code of Honor
05-02-2008, 11:13 PM
Transformers Animated airs on YTV Saturday, at 11:00am EST, with episode 20, titled "Garbage In, Garbage Out"

This thread is here to discuss this episode only,
please save the toy and future episode discussion for another thread.

Please refrain from posting spoilers until the airing, discuss your expectations and guesses of the episode until then.

SPLIT LIP
05-02-2008, 11:33 PM
Early, just shy of 12 hours early.

Now that's class.:D

Protoman
05-03-2008, 01:19 AM
Saw it at Botcon...... tons of G1 referances in THAT one. Great episode! Won't say more, since it will be spoiler!

General Tekno
05-03-2008, 02:01 AM
Hopefully I catch it tomorrow before heading out.

Trouble with us being ahead of CN is that it takes longer to get a digital copy.

slippy
05-03-2008, 11:32 AM
not bad, but wreck gar is kinda annoying :)

good things:
+ spike having a baby
+ universal greeting
+ megatron getting annoyed with lugnut (reminds me of inferno callings megs his queen in bw haha)

SPLIT LIP
05-03-2008, 11:35 AM
Megatron was in this ep? I must've missed it. (had to run upstairs)

This was hands down the funniest, maybe even best ep yet. Wreck Gar was never annoying. All his lines were solid gold tahnks in part to Weird Al and the fantastic-ass qwriting that went into them. His Autobot/Decepticon stickers were great.

brr-icy
05-03-2008, 11:36 AM
spike and carly, universal greeting, lol great episode, weird al did a good job on wreck-gar

Pascal
05-03-2008, 11:48 AM
I loved it, Wreck-Gar was pretty hilarious. It's going to be an awesome toy. Garbage truck, that must be a first!

Dave-astator
05-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Bah-weep granna weep nini bon!

That was classic.....and I DARE TO BE STUPID!
Thought Ratchet was getting annoying with his attitude, and I thought how Wreck-Gar got his name was really stretching...but it worked.

An alright episode.....I need more action and big things getting blowed up real good!

Optimus_Prime
05-03-2008, 01:34 PM
I loved this episode. Wreck-Gar was funny and Spike and Carly's names were actually mentioned. Ratchet must have scared her out of labour! One thing I'm not sure about is why Ratchet did not decompose when he landed on the microbot swarm on the ship. There were also many homages to G1 from Wreck-Gar.

Code of Honor
05-03-2008, 01:45 PM
not bad, but wreck gar is kinda annoying :)

good things:
+ spike having a baby
+ universal greeting
+ megatron getting annoyed with lugnut (reminds me of inferno callings megs his queen in bw haha)

I had the same thoughts about this one.

Nocturn
05-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Wreck-Gar Wasawesome. best character intro so far, IMO. If he doesn't get a toy, there will be much crying, followed by unstoppable rage.

SPLIT LIP
05-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Wreck-Gar Wasawesome. best character intro so far, IMO. If he doesn't get a toy, there will be much crying, followed by unstoppable rage.He gets a Voyager, don't worry.

jimsupreme
05-03-2008, 03:59 PM
this episode was great and the line that had me rolling was of course:

i'm Wreck Gar I DARE to be stupid!

Nocturn
05-03-2008, 04:09 PM
He gets a Voyager, don't worry.

YAY!
...So why doesn't Sentinel?

ohnaji
05-03-2008, 04:12 PM
As far as filler episodes go, I didn't think it was all that great. The Allspark story component make a fairly predictable and tired excuse to introduce new characters. I was completely surprised that perennial cameos characters, Spike and Carly actually had lines this episode. I thought that these characters would have been featured more prominently given the circumstance of their appearance. It's somewhat disappointing that they were thrown in there for a cheap comic pop. I'm not a fan of the human villains in this series, and bringing back Angry Archer solely to give Wreck-Gar his name was unnecessary.
There's so much I could hate about this episode, but I couldn't because Weird Al's performance was so inspired I just had to have some of that kool aid.
I loved that he really embraced his history with this property. All his G1 nods couldn't have come off any more perfect. As a Transformer fan, it was joyous to watch.
Another really great aspect of this episode was Ratchet's admission of his character's faults. It was nice to see something other than a plot devised convention to resolve a conflict.
Fun episode overall.

SPLIT LIP
05-03-2008, 04:42 PM
YAY!
...So why doesn't Sentinel?How do you know he doesn't? Besides, Sentinel is a jerk. No one wants to pay $30 for an jerk.

Batman
05-03-2008, 05:22 PM
I really liked Wreck-Gar. Overall good episode. I love Lugnut, he is so cool and I liked how the two interacted with each other.

Incepticon
05-03-2008, 08:08 PM
It definitely had its moments, but overall, I thought this episode was fairly boring and a big letdown considering the hype it got after BotCon's advanced screening. I just didn't like Wreck-Gar as a character nor Weird Al's voice behind it, sorry to say.

This one gets the "passable" vote from me.

Nocturn
05-03-2008, 09:11 PM
How do you know he doesn't? Besides, Sentinel is a jerk. No one wants to pay $30 for an jerk.

Just assuming, because of the Deluxe toy.

I'd pay $30 for a jerk with a sexy alt mode, paint job, and chin.

brr-icy
05-03-2008, 09:35 PM
lol yeah, i like the looks of sentinal for sure, if they make a voyager he should have his face sheild

GMfan
05-03-2008, 09:56 PM
Unfortunately Sentinel Prime is a deluxe and will be smaller compared to voyager Optimus but maybe I'll just put the Elite Guards in their own display and just have the core animated Autobots vs Decepticons in another....I'd vote on the episode but my PVR cut the ending off due to YTV's lack of following a proper time schedule so I'll wait till I see it before I give my verdict (but what I saw was great, Ratchet makes me laugh :P)

SPLIT LIP
05-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Sentinel next to Deluxe Prime would look nice. Especiall considering how little sentinel changed between Earth and Cybertron, I'd say it'd be an almost perfect pair-up/face-off.

SPLIT LIP
05-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Just assuming, because of the Deluxe toy.Optimus Prime has a deluxe toy.:)

Nocturn
05-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Optimus Prime has a deluxe toy.:)

Optimus prime is also the main character, biggest merchandise draw, and the face of the franchise, though. He has 3 toys in this line, he had 2 in the Movie (four with repaints), 2 in classics, and onwards through the span of time. They slap his image on anything they can. At the same time, the deluxe is his cybertron mode. Sentinel, as a deluxe, is in his earth mode. As much as I'd like to hold faith for a Voyager Sentinel Prime, all signs point to it not happening.

brr-icy
05-03-2008, 11:00 PM
aren't there four animated primes, deluxe battle damaged earth mode with the battle begins two pack, cyb. mode, voyager and supreme

Nocturn
05-03-2008, 11:55 PM
Touche.

FreedomGundam
05-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Did anyone else catch the part where Wreck-gar was throwing junk at Ratchet & Bumblebee: after he knocks Ratchet off his feet with the engine, he throws a hunk of meat a Bumblebee followed by a G1 Wreck-Gar vehicle-mode bike (that the 'Bee deflects with the meat)?

Here's a screenshot:
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e18/tidalwav/Miscellaneous/wreck-gar.png

GMfan
05-04-2008, 01:02 AM
Awesome catch!

slippy
05-04-2008, 01:52 AM
good eye! didn't even notice the g1 wreck gar!
yeah this ep was loaded with homages

CobraCommander
05-04-2008, 03:51 AM
Fun Episode!

Love Spike's "Oh Shit" moments, sounds like the original Spike too :D

http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/3413/spike01rl7.jpg
http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/7766/spike02yy1.jpg

I Wonder who Carly's baby will be or if She had a miscarriage after Ratchet's Wild Ride?

FreedomGundam, good eye... nice easter egg :D

Batman
05-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Did anyone else catch the part where Wreck-gar was throwing junk at Ratchet & Bumblebee: after he knocks Ratchet off his feet with the engine, he throws a hunk of meat a Bumblebee followed by a G1 Wreck-Gar vehicle-mode bike (that the 'Bee deflects with the meat)?

Nice catch man. I never noticed, thanks for sharing :)

jourdo
05-04-2008, 11:06 AM
I was going to vote terrible (since nobody has as of yet)... but that would be a lie. Excellent episode. How can you not love Wierd Al? Wreck-gar was a great comic relief character. Perfect odd couple with grumpy ol' Ratchet. All the G1 nods had me smiling. Most importantly... we now know that the character who looks like Spike is Spike!!! I LOVE the writers of this show!!!

slippy
05-04-2008, 12:17 PM
oh i forgot to mention rachet's slo mo transformation!
good to see him get the spotlight
i wonder if they made one for each character

Oasis
05-04-2008, 12:40 PM
I finally got to see it. Why didn't Ratchet go after WReck-Garr, instead of channeling his inner Sally Fields? Did he assume Wreck-Gar had disintegrated, like Soundwave?

SPLIT LIP
05-04-2008, 01:20 PM
I finally got to see it. Why didn't Ratchet go after WReck-Garr, instead of channeling his inner Sally Fields? Did he assume Wreck-Gar had disintegrated, like Soundwave?When he pulled all the junk out of the water he assumed that was what was left of Wreck Gar. (Combined with the GIANT ass explosion of Allspark energy)

i wonder if they made one for each character
So far only Blitwing, Lugnut, the Dinobots, Elite Guard and Blackarachnia have no stock transformation. (Counting just the main cast)

Optimus, Bumblebee and Bulkhead each have two, Prowl has one, Ratchet has one, Megs has two and Starscream has one.

dak
05-04-2008, 02:21 PM
I liked the G1 references, and seeing the toy of Wrecgar, but i felt the animation was not as good as previous eps.

SPLIT LIP
05-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Y'know, looking at it, I wouldn't call that a toy, I'd say it's a regular sized bike.

Robimus
05-04-2008, 08:59 PM
Good Eye FreedomGundam! Thats pretty cool:).

Wreck-Gar voiced by Weird Al(I Think) was easily the highlight of what I thought was a weak all around episode. The Dare to be Stupid line referencing the Junkion theme from the 1986 movie was great.

Didn`t like having a second episode referencing Ratchet`s personality. This was already covered in a previous episode when he learns to work with Sari. And why did he throw the guys car in the lake.....just to be mean I guess. Then he threatens the Mayor and Powell at the end to make them agree.

I just really didn`t like Ratchet at all in this episode and I have liked him most the time. His meanieness was overdone. Also Lugnut falling in two was silly. This episode gets a pass because of Wreck-Gar, as I found everyting else about it kinda annoying, even Spike. Those G1 humans should be seen and not heard........

jjwankenobi
05-05-2008, 03:46 PM
This Episode was just meh for me. Homages were flying everywhere, and that's why it wasn't a terrible episode. However, sized up against the last few episodes with mondo Decepticon activity it really didn't do anything for me.

Plus I was never a huge Wreck-Gar fan.

Team Jetfire
05-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Wreck-Gar was great and the voice was spot on.

My only issue was his Alt-mode. Sure it makes sense, but I loved him as a bike in G1.

SPLIT LIP
05-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I love that he was a garbage truck. If he were a bike he'd be too small. Giant, wreckless Wreck-Gar is funnier. (Plus his garbage pack is full of win)

I personally like the garbage truck mode, 'cuz really, it's about freaking time we got one.

Hound
05-06-2008, 12:22 PM
This one made me laugh quite a bit. For a filler episode I actually found it very entertaining. Highlights for me were;
- G1 references all over the place!
- Wreckgar as a garbage truck.
- Ratchet's non-blur transformation.
- Wreckgar slowly pushing Lugnut's 'punch button'!

That wasn't Weird Al voicing Wreckgar, was it? I thought it sounded like the guy who does Bumble Bee's voice.