PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Animated Episode 19 Official Discussion

GMfan
04-26-2008, 01:39 AM
Transformers Animated airs on YTV Saturday, at 11:00am EST, with episode 19, titled "Mission Accomplished"

This thread is here to discuss this episode only,
please save the toy and future episode discussion for another thread.

Please refrain from posting spoilers until the airing, discuss your expectations and guesses of the episode until then.

Optimus_Prime
04-26-2008, 11:32 AM
This was a great episode. The runaway train scene had most of the characters involved, and indestructible Starscream was very interesting. I was surprised how Magnus got blasted in the head by Starscream, after showing his ultimate power in the previous episodes. To top it all off, Sentinel got beaten by Prime in more ways than one.

brr-icy
04-26-2008, 11:33 AM
starscream's a ghost? nice twist lol, overall i really liked the episode, captain fanzone's adoption sequence was pretty funny, disapointed that jazz left earth, and they took starscream away, but hopefully we'll see them again

Barpharanges
04-26-2008, 11:53 AM
That was a fun episode. I still like the concept of a single Decepticon holding its own against an entire team of Autobots.
Loved the multiple attempts of Starscream to attack Megatron, followed by his corpse being tossed of the cliff multiple times. Best use of re-use animation I've seen in Transformers.
Oh, and Ironhide's head makes an cameo!

GMfan
04-26-2008, 12:00 PM
You'd think after tossing Starscream repeatedly into the same spot would be ineffective after a certain amount of times? :P

Overall I think it was an excellent episode, loved the train scene and seeing everyone work together. This show is just getting better and better. I think we'll need more options with the poll in the future.

Nightscrabbler
04-26-2008, 02:46 PM
I didn't think the episode was that good. The Decepticons were pretty good, the AllSpark fragment thing is cheap and nonsensical and you'd think Megatron and the boys would figure out that for some reason Starscream keeps coming back so they ought to dismantle him or something. Starscream's probably the best character in the series.

Incepticon
04-26-2008, 02:47 PM
Absolutely fantastic episode, and definitely my favorite one since the Elite Guard arrived. Great use of characters (hello Ironhide!), Megatron's little G1-esque "you couldn't lead a parade" quote to Starscream, Sentinel's scream when getting owned by Optimus, the whole "ghost" of Starscream thing topped with him now being indestructible, Bulkhead almost taking Screamer's head off, Sentinel's wuss reaction when he saw a Decepticon for the first time, the hilarious montage of failed Screamer attacks, etc etc etc. So good.

I even loved the whole tongue-in-cheek reference to President Bush and co. Calling the episode "Mission Accomplished" (see Bush's premature speech on an aircraft carrier with that phrase on a banner spanning the entire boat) topped with Magnus' "embolding the enemy" speech... all of it a pretty ballsy and equally clever move on the part of the writers. Kids won't get it, but we sure did, haha.

The action, the dialogue... everything about it was top notch imo. LOVED the part with Fanzone being approached to take care of Sari as well. Plus I really like the setup of where this could be going in terms of Megatron's call to other Cons spread throughout the galaxy and his plan to reclaim Cybertron "from within". The reference to his double agent has me very excited to see what happens next week since I assume it's the episode where BB & Bulkhead track the traitor.

The only disappointing part was Jazz leaving with the Elite Guard. I really hoped he would stay for at least a few episodes. Was looking forward to some more ptential team-up action with Prowl.

Kay I'm done.

Nocturn
04-26-2008, 02:53 PM
I completely missed Ironhide. Still a good episode though.

Vega-Starscream
04-26-2008, 11:28 PM
Loved that episode
Lots of Bots and Cons in action, also like that train scene. Sad that Jazz is going, but at least we get rid of Sentinel, for a while anyway. Loved that Ironhide cameo, will there be a toy of him you think?

GMfan
04-26-2008, 11:32 PM
By the looks of it he has the same Alt mode as Red Alert did before coming to Earth so if they make a mold of that its possible we could se both. Of course a repaint of Earth Ratchet with a new head could also be possible. Who knows, only time will tell but since seems to be going on for a 3rd season and possibly a 4th, anything is possible ;)

Nightscrabbler
04-27-2008, 07:13 AM
Classics Ironhide is good enough.

CobraCommander
04-27-2008, 07:39 AM
Great episode, lots of fun, some of my fav moments...

:D SS getting tossed off the mountain cliff multiple times!
:D SS getting carted away with his mouth riveted!
:D Fanzone, This is why I hate kids!

chans formers
04-28-2008, 01:01 AM
i loved the starscream in the stream over and over part.kinda reminds me of the ol trypticon into the ocean schtick.will they never learn?bot plus water dont mean anything!!lol!!also like the immortal starscream.his new ability to sense allspark fragments now gives saris key some competition.

slippy
04-28-2008, 11:00 AM
hmm... so it is kinda getting inuyasha-ish, but i doubt they'll drag it out with boring episodes :D

do you think starscream will make devastator with his crystal to get his revenge, instead of bruticus in g1?

chisau
04-28-2008, 12:20 PM
low budget production.

tusko
04-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Kinda parallels the comic: Hmm... the meanest Decepticons are here on Earth, Okay see ya! Here are some handcuffs, let me know how it turns out for ya! And the Autobots leave.

Still I liked this episode: good homage to Starscreams ghost, Jazz is cool and Prime's crew work together.

Team Jetfire
04-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Loved it. Great action, Great story. UM got owned.

Looking forward to more...

Pascal
04-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Best episode so far imo! Lots of action!

Pascal
04-28-2008, 01:48 PM
low budget production.

Huh?

Team Jetfire
04-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Huh?

Yeah, I was going to ask the same thing.

I can understand not liking the series...but at this point why even watch it anymore.

SPLIT LIP
04-28-2008, 04:11 PM
This was the best episode ever. It felt like a real cartoon like BW. And the train scene was surprisingly well done. I loved the many dooms of Starscream, he's so funny yet competant and powerful.

Huh?He makes no sense, just ignore him.

the AllSpark fragment thing is cheap and nonsensicalHardly. It's the plot, dude, they have to have some reason to keep the show going. This allows for fun episodes and the ability to introduce new characters if needed.

and you'd think Megatron and the boys would figure out that for some reason Starscream keeps coming back so they ought to dismantle him or something. Starscream's probably the best character in the series.
It's called comedy, it used to be one of the main draws of cartoons.

Nightscrabbler
04-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Hardly. It's the plot, dude, they have to have some reason to keep the show going. This allows for fun episodes and the ability to introduce new characters if needed.

It's called comedy, it used to be one of the main draws of cartoons.
First of all, I was referring to the fact that the fragment can make Starscream immortal. Second of all, just because something is central to the plot doesn't mean it's good. As for comedy, you can have that without sacrificing believability. Like that line with Starscream "I'm sorry, you must have me confused with another carrier jet". That was funny. "Gags" on the other hand, are usually not funny.

Pascal
04-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I was going to ask the same thing.

I can understand not liking the series...but at this point why even watch it anymore.

I can hardly understand why someone would take the time to watch an entire series just for the sake of giving it the worst rating episode after episode. Why would I bother watching a show I don't like EVERY WEEK?

GMfan
04-28-2008, 07:04 PM
I think Chisau is a closet fan, want me to change his post so I make him profess his hidden love for the show? :P

SPLIT LIP
04-28-2008, 07:44 PM
First of all, I was referring to the fact that the fragment can make Starscream immortal. Second of all, just because something is central to the plot doesn't mean it's good.It's a cartoon plot man, and I, and many others, think it's a good one. The Allspark keeping Starscream alive serves many purposes, including a way to kill him off in a heartbeat if they choose. it's also homage to G1/BW Starscream's "immortal spark" only this time it's not his spark, but an Allspark peice.As for comedy, you can have that without sacrificing believability. Like that line with Starscream "I'm sorry, you must have me confused with another carrier jet". That was funny. It was supposed to be a funny joke, and like I said, it's a cartoon. It's allowed to sacrifice beleivability in order to have funny bits. I doubt Wile E. Coyote, if in real life, could survive falling off a 100+ foot drop and walk away making accordian sounds. Same with how Sam never thought to just detain or kill Wile E. and save himself the trouble of dealing with his sheep-napping over and over again. It's a cartoon, you're taking it far too seriously."Gags" on the other hand, are usually not funny.Well this one was, and a lot of people think that. Again, I'm not saying that all people think it was funny, but most people who've mentioned it have.

People need to lighten up and learn to laugh. It's a KID's cartoon, so who cares if it doesn't make sense all the time? Where's it written in stone it has to be?

SPLIT LIP
04-28-2008, 07:48 PM
I think Chisau is a closet fan, want me to change his post so I make him profess his hidden love for the show? :P:D He knows he loves it, but he needs to keep it a secret to the point where he can safely profess his undying love.;) (I'm joking, BTW, not trying to start nothin' just having fun) I don't think changing his post would solve much, though. Except make a lot of people angry.

GMfan
04-28-2008, 09:54 PM
The :P = I'm kidding

I only edit inappropriate posts. He said nothing wrong.

Nightscrabbler
04-28-2008, 10:37 PM
It's a cartoon plot man, and I, and many others, think it's a good one. The Allspark keeping Starscream alive serves many purposes, including a way to kill him off in a heartbeat if they choose. it's also homage to G1/BW Starscream's "immortal spark" only this time it's not his spark, but an Allspark peice.It was supposed to be a funny joke, and like I said, it's a cartoon. It's allowed to sacrifice beleivability in order to have funny bits. I doubt Wile E. Coyote, if in real life, could survive falling off a 100+ foot drop and walk away making accordian sounds. Same with how Sam never thought to just detain or kill Wile E. and save himself the trouble of dealing with his sheep-napping over and over again. It's a cartoon, you're taking it far too seriously.Well this one was, and a lot of people think that. Again, I'm not saying that all people think it was funny, but most people who've mentioned it have.

People need to lighten up and learn to laugh. It's a KID's cartoon, so who cares if it doesn't make sense all the time? Where's it written in stone it has to be?
You're right, it's a cartoon for 7-12 year olds. I like it overall. But I don't like everything about it, so I'm not going to say every episode is good or excellent if I don't think it is. I rated the episode passable. I found some of the other episodes a lot better. To me, the embedded AllSpark fragment keeping Starscream alive is silly. If you're trying to tell a story, breaking away for Looney Tunes style jokes doesn't really work, imo. I'm not taking it "too seriously", I don't take cartoons for 13-17 year olds "too seriously" either. I don't think the Justice League really exists. I prefer cartoons to make a certain amount of sense, within their own context.

chisau
04-29-2008, 01:32 PM
I can hardly understand why someone would take the time to watch an entire series just for the sake of giving it the worst rating episode after episode. Why would I bother watching a show I don't like EVERY WEEK?

Because every week i hope it gets better! And of course, it is the only "transformer fix" out there right now. I don't like transformers animated, but i still love transformers. I also dislike (transformers victory, Energon, and half of Cybertron)

You know the part of the show when star scream gets tossed over the edge of the canyon over and over again like the "roadrunner and coyote" show. They repeat the same frames over and over again. it's a technique used in low budget films to save money. therefore, my post of "low budget production".

Team Jetfire
04-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Because every week i hope it gets better! And of course, it is the only "transformer fix" out there right now. I don't like transformers animated, but i still love transformers. I also dislike (transformers victory, Energon, and half of Cybertron)

You know the part of the show when star scream gets tossed over the edge of the canyon over and over again like the "roadrunner and coyote" show. They repeat the same frames over and over again. it's a technique used in low budget films to save money. therefore, my post of "low budget production".

Yes, reusing the frame saves money, but it is no different than the Transformations/superlink sequances of Energon and Cybertron, plus this was less annoying as it was a little funny (IMHO).

GMfan
04-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Yes, continuously using slow-mo transformation with flashy backgrounds = boring and crap. I don't know why people were complaining when it was announced Animated would be using sped up transformations. Anything would have been beeter then what we saw in Energon and Cybertron

Code of Honor
04-29-2008, 02:30 PM
I watched it last night at about 3:30 in the morning. Wow what a great episode it had every thing that I like in a cartoon. Plus the over all story is great and going in a good direction I think. I'm finally getting use to Cory Burton's Megatron, but that could be because the dialog is getting better.

Pascal
04-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Because every week i hope it gets better!

You hope the show will change to 3D animation with Megatron going HAHAHAHAHAHA for half of the show? :P

Robimus
04-29-2008, 03:43 PM
Missed this weeks fun while in Calgary.........:mad:. I`ll have to pick it up on saturday. :)

Nightscrabbler
04-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Missed this weeks fun while in Calgary.........:mad:. I`ll have to pick it up on saturday. :)

It is on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK-_ekOL8xU

Nightscrabbler
04-29-2008, 04:36 PM
Starscream "I'm sorry, you must have me confused with another carrier jet". That was funny.

Let me correct myself, he says "Harrier jet".

Robimus
04-29-2008, 08:18 PM
It is on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK-_ekOL8xU

Thanks, I'll check it out tonight!

Robimus
04-29-2008, 11:45 PM
Cool Episode! :D DIG!!!

"You must be looking for some other Harrier Jet!" Classic Line. Although I do feel like Starscream came across as super weak against Meg's, but all powerful against the Autobots. Just a small inconsistency though.

Can't wait to see who Meg's signaled from the outer rim of space. And will Starscream be able to create life with his peice of the Allspark? Combaticons anyone?

Love Sari and Fanzone. This series is pure gold even if Professor Princess is noticably absent. We need Soundwave again as well. :)

And Prime is the Gilad Pellaeon of the Tansformers Universe. He took command when no one else would, just like Pellaeon did at the Battle of Endor for the Empire in the Star Wars EU.........Yeah, I like it.

SPLIT LIP
04-30-2008, 03:29 PM
Although I do feel like Starscream came across as super weak against Meg's, but all powerful against the Autobots. Just a small inconsistency though.It's not an inconsistency, Starscream's power level never changes. Megs is just super tough!

Robimus
05-01-2008, 08:32 PM
It's not an inconsistency, Starscream's power level never changes. Megs is just super tough!

Yet the Autobots seem to be able to best him/survive on multiple occasions but Starscream is insect like?:p If Megatron is that powerful there is no way to understand how the decepticons lost the war in the first place. Starscream beat Ultra Magnus in a split second...........I just think Screamer should be a bit more of a match for Megatron if he's shown owning the Autobot leader........:)

GMfan
05-01-2008, 08:54 PM
How did the Autobots win the great war? More Autobots then Decepticons? Gamers call it ganking, Nazi's called it blitzkrieg....basically the ones with more guns usually wins....of course a good stradegy could still win with double the numbers.

Robimus
05-01-2008, 09:16 PM
How did the Autobots win the great war? More Autobots then Decepticons? Gamers call it ganking, Nazi's called it blitzkrieg....basically the ones with more guns usually wins....of course a good stradegy could still win with double the numbers.

I would hope it had a lot more to it than simply having greater numbers. Hopefully the Autobots could stand toe to toe with the decepticons on some level. The "Elite" guard comes across not really superior to the regular bots at this point. Though Prime and Sentinel working together was nice. Speculation is fun, but is there really something claiming there were way more Autobots than Decepticons?

jacobot
05-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Megatron says he is leading a rebellion? Meaning smaller numbers, but Ironhide seems to be taking alot of fire on cybertron while the autobots have all the better technology space bridges and the like? Enough with the meaningless earth villans... get to the real war within... Cybertron.

Robimus
05-01-2008, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I forgot about Ironhide's appearance. :D