PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Studio Series Wave 1 Deluxe and Voyager Class Released at Retail

down_shift
03-22-2018, 06:52 PM
Thanks again to hupla for letting us know that Wave 1 of the new Transformers Studio Series Deluxe and Voyager Class figures have also been released at Canadian retail. These were also found at an EB Games in Toronto.

Wave 1 Deluxe includes Crowbar, Ratchet, Bumblebee, and Stinger.

Wave 1 Voyager includes Optimus Prime and Starscream.

Are you looking forward to these? Have you found them yourself? Let us know in the Sightings Forum!

GotBot
03-22-2018, 07:42 PM
This is good news but it amazed me that NONE of the 5 EB games here have gotten anything besides the clones.

infinite_virtue
03-22-2018, 09:16 PM
I was wondering when these would start showing up. Are they priced like regular Deluxe and Voyager figures or are they still at TLK "Premier Edition" prices?

MapleMegatron
03-22-2018, 09:33 PM
I was wondering when these would start showing up. Are they priced like regular Deluxe and Voyager figures or are they still at TLK "Premier Edition" prices?

TLK Premier Edition prices.

Scrapper6
03-23-2018, 10:59 AM

And this is why I abandoned the Movie Line. I'm not paying marked up BS prices for a FUCKING BOX!

I open all my toys and their value remains at Generations level pricing, for however long we get to keep those.

infinite_virtue
03-23-2018, 01:52 PM

Ah, that's what I was afraid of. Will probably wait for some sort of sale in that case. Luckily they are just redoing characters I already have so I'm not too worried about picking them all up.

OptimusB38
03-23-2018, 07:46 PM
Word!

alternatorfan
03-23-2018, 08:29 PM
Boo.........

Alexander Quinn
03-23-2018, 09:25 PM
I grabbed Stinger. Will wait for a sale when they show up at TRU for the others.

blackdraon113
03-24-2018, 09:36 PM
seen them here in the ebgames here in montreal. dlx were 30 if you have thier member card they were 26

TRUCKvsGUN
03-24-2018, 10:15 PM
I'm gonna wait and see what TRU and Walmart charge before getting upset about prices. And then I'll just buy that Optimus anyway, regardless of the outcome.

Alexander Quinn
03-24-2018, 10:54 PM
I'm gonna wait and see what TRU and Walmart charge before getting upset about prices. And then I'll just buy that Optimus anyway, regardless of the outcome.

Pretty sure the prices will be the same, though with TRU you have the bear cobstant parade of sales.

Out of curiosity, why the Optimus? I do love me some OP, but he just seems to me to be the weakest of the lot so far.

MapleMegatron
03-25-2018, 12:05 AM

They are already in the system at the exact same price. Its the same TLK prices.

TRUCKvsGUN
03-25-2018, 12:31 AM
Meh, even so, I don't mind so much since I'm otherwise done with movie toys. The $10 price hike doesn't hurt so bad when you're only buying the one, after all.

Out of curiosity, why the Optimus? I do love me some OP, but he just seems to me to be the weakest of the lot so far.I'm an Optimus guy. I have a half-height billy full of his various incarnations, selected for a number of reasons: sentimental (MP1, Cybertron Leader Op), display presence (PE Leonidas, MPM-4), fun factor (TLK Voyager Op, LG-EX God Ginrai), hell, even feel (Toyworld Primorion - it's a brick in truck mode, but in a really good way!). tfwiki says Studio Series Op is kind of a combo of AoE Evasion Mode Optimus (which I have, great toy) and Prime FE Op (don't own but read good things), so it sounds like it'll be a fun toy and therefore have a place on my shelf.

And even if I'm wrong and it sucks, I can just try to sell it off eventually. Maybe I'll lose a few bucks along the way, but I've committed myself to not worrying about always getting the absolute best deals possible. That just adds stress to this hobby, and I'm just in it to have fun.

william6b08
03-25-2018, 12:55 AM
As much as I want it, the staff member at EB games doesn't allow me to purchase it because they are supposed to be released on April 13, I don't even know why they have them on the shelf and attached with a price tag in the first place then. That is quite depressing as some of the stores do sell them now, I am worried if my pre-order can guarantee my purchase since many of them are keep practicing this arbitrary selling.

Alexander Quinn
03-25-2018, 08:46 AM
Meh, even so, I don't mind so much since I'm otherwise done with movie toys. The $10 price hike doesn't hurt so bad when you're only buying the one, after all.

I'm an Optimus guy. I have a half-height billy full of his various incarnations, selected for a number of reasons: sentimental (MP1, Cybertron Leader Op), display presence (PE Leonidas, MPM-4), fun factor (TLK Voyager Op, LG-EX God Ginrai), hell, even feel (Toyworld Primorion - it's a brick in truck mode, but in a really good way!). tfwiki says Studio Series Op is kind of a combo of AoE Evasion Mode Optimus (which I have, great toy) and Prime FE Op (don't own but read good things), so it sounds like it'll be a fun toy and therefore have a place on my shelf.

And even if I'm wrong and it sucks, I can just try to sell it off eventually. Maybe I'll lose a few bucks along the way, but I've committed myself to not worrying about always getting the absolute best deals possible. That just adds stress to this hobby, and I'm just in it to have fun.

Nice. I’ve got big love for the Cybertron Leader, Prime FE Voyager and original movie Leader. I’m kind of hoping for a Studio Voyager Jetfire to combo with this guy. I think that would put me in the needs camp. :)

chaingunsofdoom
03-26-2018, 03:09 AM
Do we have a SKU? 6 digit number that should help locate them across Canada. Thanks!

Alexander Quinn
03-26-2018, 08:48 AM
Do we have a SKU? 6 digit number that should help locate them across Canada. Thanks!

If it’s the number on the receipt right under the name, then the Studio Deluxes are 735855 and the POTP Voyagers are 735858.

Pascal
03-26-2018, 12:38 PM
Optimus is tiny in truck mode, almost like the old DOTM deluxe.

MapleMegatron
03-26-2018, 03:00 PM

Here are the TRU SKUs

Studio Series Deluxe 389695 29.99
Studio Series Leader 389692 69.99
Studio Series Voyager 389689 39.99

chaingunsofdoom
03-31-2018, 02:44 AM
Grabbed only 2 from EB. I like how they scale to each other and do not really care about their scale to other ~10 year old movie toys. The boxes are really nice and the diorama is different but I usually toss all the non-essential box stuff. Maybe not this time?

I've only opened Stinger so far, but he's great. Very nice transformation at spots. Officially Licensed car mode. Crowbar still sitting in the box.

Yonoid
04-03-2018, 11:26 AM
one of the banners on tru shows Studio Series.

http://www.toysrus.ca/family/index.jsp?categoryId=66424176&fv=2510384&f=Taxonomy&fd=&fg=&keywords=transformers&x=0&y=0&foreSeeBrowseSampling=15&foreSeeBrowseLoyalty=1&foreSeeEnabled=true

Looks like they will carry soon as well.

MapleMegatron
04-05-2018, 10:57 PM

Well you can start getting upset now (and get your Optimus):

https://www.walmart.ca/search/studio%20series/N-10000041

Tonestar
04-12-2018, 11:38 PM
I just saw on Amazon.Com that they have the exclusive SS Voyager Thundercracker in stock for like $75-80 for those interested.