PDA

View Full Version : Botcon, who is going?

chisau
04-13-2008, 03:42 AM
who is going to this years Botcon? is it too late to get tickets?

Benzo
04-13-2008, 10:48 AM
I think you can still get tickets but you won't get any of the freebies or the exclusives

GMfan
04-13-2008, 11:20 AM
My last exam is on the 28th....if it was something easy I'd go but noooo apparently neural control of movement isn't the bird course I thought it would be. Also helps that this years exclusive figures aren't that good. But from what I;ve notice every year that has an odd number at the end seems to get all the good sets (2005: Decent into evil had Deathsaurus, Ironhide, Ratchet...2007: games of deception...need I say more?) So hopefully next year :P

-KG-
04-13-2008, 11:29 AM
I've never been and I would love to go. The exclusives are nice and it's the "#1" TF convention. The thing is, I live in Toronto and TF con is amazing. There is so much value in just being able to drive 5 min to get to TF con as apposed to spending so much to get to Botcon, and that's without buying anything there. I find the experience at TF con to be excellent, so I have no need to go to Botcon. On top of that we have 2 more expos that sell TF's so I really feel like us Toronto residents have it lucky!

Wodicus
04-13-2008, 01:32 PM
I want to go... but I have no one to go with nor do I have the money. Though I'm hoping to get to TF con in Toronto.

jourdo
04-13-2008, 05:36 PM
I want to know who is going and is willing to TRY and pick up and extra Megatron/Rodimus pack. :)

QuadESL63
04-13-2008, 07:45 PM
I want to know who is going and is willing to TRY and pick up and extra Megatron/Rodimus pack. :)

Same here :p :D Anyone?

Protoman
04-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Me,Meesum (JLvatron) and Paul (GUBER) will be there. Gotta represent!

jourdo
04-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Same here :p :D Anyone?

Bueller?....... Bueller?.......Bueller?

soundwaveCA
04-14-2008, 01:16 AM
My brother and I are going Whee! Will be our 10th straight year going too.

dak
04-14-2008, 01:30 AM
this will be my 3rd

Pascal
04-14-2008, 02:00 AM
They should rename Botcon Scalpfest. :)

soundwaveCA
04-14-2008, 03:27 AM
They should rename Botcon Scalpfest. :)

How do you figure?

hugh_da_man
04-14-2008, 03:48 AM

x2

anyone going that doesn't want their Rodimus, let me know...I'm willing to pay for the trouble.

onecoin
04-14-2008, 03:57 AM
generally how much are the exclusives at the con?

Pascal
04-14-2008, 09:08 AM
How do you figure?

Tons, tons, tons of so-called fans buying extra Botcon toys to scalp them on Ebay to "recoup" their expenses. Like they do every year. The toys should be for attendees only, 1 set/of each toy per attendee, that's it. You're not there, too bad. The extras, if there are any left, are sold online later, 1 set/of each toy per non-attendee, nothing more.

jourdo
04-14-2008, 11:01 AM
So, in all seriousness... Assuming there are extra sets available (I know this is a long shot), is there anyone willing to stand in the line-up and pick one up?

I'd like to snag an Optimus and Goldbug as well... but I know all the loose sets have been spoken for... but hey, never hurts to put it out there.

dak
04-14-2008, 12:31 PM
Tons, tons, tons of so-called fans buying extra Botcon toys to scalp them on Ebay to "recoup" their expenses. Like they do every year. The toys should be for attendees only, 1 set/of each toy per attendee, that's it. You're not there, too bad. The extras, if there are any left, are sold online later, 1 set/of each toy per non-attendee, nothing more.

this is the first year that there truly are scalpers buying the packages. 2 years ago when there was the BW set, the hit item was Megs and Wasp. last year, the set it's self was a HUGE hit because of it's contents. This year, scalpers see that last years was a huge hit, and try to purchace everything to gain money from it and assume the set will be as popular as last. And the set from 3 years ago can't sell out! So It is unfair to say that it is a sclapfest for this is the first year where they have really done so. the past 2 years have sold out yes... but this year is the first to really sell out well before botcon.

I do agree they should be limiting their orders, and save the non attendee for after the con.

soundwaveCA
04-14-2008, 12:33 PM

Well I cant disagree with the one set per attendee thing as I've been saying that for years. Good example is this year as since they sold out of boxed sets that came with the Primus package they could have taken all those extra loose sets and used them for people actually paying for a Primus Package instead of getting dumped with the old stuff.

Aernaroth
04-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Tons, tons, tons of so-called fans buying extra Botcon toys to scalp them on Ebay to "recoup" their expenses. Like they do every year.

So I take it you don't want to buy my set then.

Team Jetfire
04-14-2008, 02:13 PM
I would like to go, but it is just not feasible for me right now.

I will just vicariously live through those who are going...as usual

JLvatron
04-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Bueller?....... Bueller?.......Bueller?

I heard that guy took a day off. :D

GMfan
04-17-2008, 01:11 AM
I heard that guy took a day off. :D

I heard he was sick, so I sent him a "nurse" to cheer him up :D

Shadow-1
04-21-2008, 02:53 PM
Hey Gang, I'm going to Botcon and it'll be a first for me. Whats the plan? Is there a get together somewhere?

dak
04-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Hey Gang, I'm going to Botcon and it'll be a first for me. Whats the plan? Is there a get together somewhere?

No real plan. But I know most Cybertron.ca members that are going, are going to the TFW2005 get together at the Sports Bar.

Tech Spec
04-21-2008, 11:03 PM
Would love to go.... but I can't make it. Saving holiday time for a family reunion this summer.

Batman
04-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Someday, I'll make it to Botcon, I'm hoping to go next year. I'm going to start saving very soon.

JLvatron
04-22-2008, 05:13 PM
I heard he was sick, so I sent him a "nurse" to cheer him up :D

That was you? Ferris's sister slammed the door on her, so I hope you got a refund.:p

chaingunsofdoom
04-24-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm in Cincy! Anyone here (without a car maybe?) need some Animated figures at cost + tax + gas? At TRU and KMART today, I grabbed 1 extra of the 4 delxues, 1 Bulkhead and 1 Vs. pack. PM me.

Tech Spec
04-24-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm in Cincy! Anyone here (without a car maybe?) need some Animated figures at cost + tax + gas? At TRU and KMART today, I grabbed 1 extra of the 4 delxues, 1 Bulkhead and 1 Vs. pack. PM me.

Pm'd ya :)

CobraCommander
04-24-2008, 10:09 PM

Oh boy... that's really tempting, good of you to help the needy :D

chaingunsofdoom
04-25-2008, 10:13 AM
I'll be easier if people are here in Cincy, because I can't bring them home MOSC in my luggage. :(

People here have said Megatron and Starscream are out, but at 4 stores I hit yesterday, there was no sign of either of them. I did see someone with 1 SS in line though...

I even got to one TRU yesterday as they were opening boxes and all they had for Voyagers was 50 Bulkheads!