PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Animated Episode 15 Official Discussion

Code of Honor
03-28-2008, 09:52 PM
Transformers Animated airs on YTV Saturday, at 11:00am EST, with episode 15, entitled "Megatron Rising, Part One"

This thread is here to discuss this episode only,
please save the toy and future episode discussion for another thread.

Please refrain from posting spoilers until the airing, discuss your expectations and guesses of the episode until then.

Code of Honor
03-28-2008, 09:54 PM
I have very high hopes for this one.

Code of Honor
03-29-2008, 11:06 AM
A few minutes in and already this looks good, the music and animation alone are awsome.

BadJeff
03-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Can't wait to see it. I Suspect this is when the series starts to get really good.

brr-icy
03-29-2008, 11:30 AM
awesome episode, i had high hopes as well for this one, and i wasn't dissapointed, lots of decepticons, megatron's back, and dinobots, even though they didn't help much lol.

Optimus_Prime
03-29-2008, 11:34 AM
This was the episode I have been waiting for, and it was awesome! How could an episode with this many Decepticons be bad? They put all of the Transformers except for Soundwave and Lockdown, but that didn't lower my rating of the episode. Hopefully part 2 will be even better, I don't have any doubts at all.

Robimus
03-29-2008, 12:09 PM
This highly anticipated episode delivered on many levels, but failed on a couple for me. Spoilers below........

Megatron getting his body but needing the key to fully restore himself was expected and welcome, although I'm kinda sad the story with Head in the Basement-tron is coming to an end as its been so well played out over the whole season.

Why O' why did they make Optimus Prime out to be such a jerk-bot? When did all the insubordination become acceptable Prime? Maybe when you disobeyed Ultra Magnus in in Episode 1? :p
Originally I thought Prowl made the wrong move not telling Prime about the Dinobots, now I think he was right to lie. Prime had ordered them to be killed and Prowl saved them.

"Me Grimlock right, Truck robot bad, Grimlock smash truck robot", was what I was hoping the Dinobots would say and do when Prime showed up to "ask" for their help.
Prime betrayed Sari and Bumblebee, decided Prowl "had already done enough" with the Dinobots and slammed his entire "team" and I use "his" in a very loose way.
Prehaps the key should have been taken from Sari after she made Soundwave, or when Blackarachnia got hold of it. But they didn't, the Autobots left her with the key and she saved them all many, many times with it. Now when she's done nothing wrong its time to "steal" it from her. Smooth move, way for the writers to make Prime look like an absolute ass who's learned nothing from his entire command on earth.:mad: Yeah, I'm sure next episode Prime will do a complete turn and realize how wrong he was, but that doesn't make his portrayal in this episode any more acceptable. Hell, put Prowl in charge I'm sick of Prime.:p

To the great which this episode also had a lot of. From Megatron's amazing ressurection at the end, to Blitzwing and Lugnut putting themselves back together. Later Luggy uses "Da Punch!" again, cool stuff. Starscreams role is just awesome and Blitzwing liberating the key from Ratchet was a great scene.
Blackarachnia captures Sari, which is likely meaningless. Why would Prime want to rescue Sari now that she doesn't have the key? And why Blackarachnia would think capturing Sari would get her anything after Prime left her behind back in the day? :D They are two betrayed souls who make me long for Sentinel Prime to show up.....at least he seemed to care.

Starscream vs Bumblebee was fun, with the little yellow bot showing his courage in the face of impossible odds. Winter in Detroit was a nice touch as well.

Overall a good episode, but my issue with Prime's character has been a running problem for me through the series, magnified in this episode. Knda nice that Prime ends up directly responsible for Megatron getting the key............

Super_Megatron
03-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Great episode, looking forward to part 2 :)

GMfan
03-29-2008, 12:49 PM
Unbelievably excellent episode!

“YOU INTERUPTED MY SPEECH!”
(insert laughing like hell)

I was hoping Megatron would say a little something to make Starscream leak a little lubricant but his resurrection and presence made that episode. I can’t wait for next week’s episode, I predict the Autobots get whopped and saved by the Dinobots (wouldn’t have introduced them this episode if they wouldn’t have a purpose in the future). But how sweet would it be though if the Autobots got additional reinforcements from Cybertron? Bring on the big guns! Although as it stands there are only 5 Decepticons present, if 8 Autobots can’t take them down they may as well just pack up their stuff in the Ark and go to Mars.

Robimus
03-29-2008, 01:34 PM
A couple more thoughts now having watched it for a second time with my daughter.

I wonder what Sumdac will build to try and redeem himself???? :eek:

And could Swoop be a fembot? Seems to have the eyebrows for it....;)

Barpharanges
03-29-2008, 08:11 PM
I may be going out on a limb here... But this episode made up for the 5 series of dreck since Beast Wars. Who didn't geek out when megatron finally got his body resurrected?

dak
03-29-2008, 09:07 PM
I got chills in those last few seconds...

Nocturn
03-29-2008, 09:42 PM
BLITZWING. THAT IS ALL.

Pascal
03-29-2008, 11:03 PM
That pretty confirmed that Lugnut is really purple and teal. Duh. :p

Good episode, Megatron's resurrection was fantastic, I'm hoping for a similar scene in TFTM2. :D

Protoman
03-30-2008, 01:25 AM
It would be hardcore is somehow Sumdac was killed by Megatron's hand........

jjwankenobi
03-30-2008, 02:20 AM
Love the subtle reference to the animated Transformers Movie when Megatron gets "reformated"...reminded me of when Unicron changed him into Galvatron.

CobraCommander
03-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Great episode.

Amazing how Megs with just a head has more control of the cons than Prime as a whole. Maybe if Prime was just a talking head he would get more respect too :p

Too bad the other dinos didn't talk.

Megs resurrection looked awesome as did Starscreams transformation sequence!

evil_ivotron
03-30-2008, 10:00 AM
awesome! ...megatron lives... All hail the decepticons!
death to all autobots!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPLIT LIP
03-30-2008, 12:17 PM
EDIT: Double post, sorry.

SPLIT LIP
03-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Really great episode.

Why O' why did they make Optimus Prime out to be such a jerk-bot? When did all the insubordination become acceptable Prime? Maybe when you disobeyed Ultra Magnus in in Episode 1? :p So I guess you saw all of thirty seconds when Prime disobeyed Magnus, and nothing else of Animated till now? Because that's the only way you could miss the point like that.

Optimus Prime isn't a leader like past Primes. He has no idea what to do in these situations. He's frustrated, scared, and confused of all that's going on. Sari's uncooperative behaviour only made things worse, not to mention Bumblebee's interference. Prowl and Bulkhead's secret really didn't help.

Optimus Prime disobeyed Magnus because he had to. Magnus had no idea what the stakes were, and simply didn't care.

chisau
03-30-2008, 08:25 PM
It's about freaking time Megatron got his body back. but did Sumdac got sucked into megatron's body?

This is one of the best episode so far. However, I don't like it for one single reason. The Optimus Prime, leader of autobots, symbol of freedom and honor, was such an asshole. WTF!? If i was bumble bee, i would run off too. F his orders.

StarwarsTF
03-30-2008, 11:53 PM
While I sat in a buffalo hotel for the past 3 days i saw this episode not once but twice IT WAS "FN" AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally a reason to keep downl... I mean tuning in every sat morning!! Good job Animated team.

Robimus
03-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Really great episode.

So I guess you saw all of thirty seconds when Prime disobeyed Magnus, and nothing else of Animated till now? Because that's the only way you could miss the point like that.

No, I've seen every episode thus far and its really how Prime has been portrayed the whole way. From ordering the Dinobots destroyed to his back story with Elita-One to him alienating his entire command and Sari, who saved his life not so long ago. He's had some good moments too, but for me the poor outweighes the good.
I want Prime to be a lot more understanding and compassionate just in general. Sari idolizes him like he's a god and the Autobots are the only friends she's ever had. The team always seems to do good when they work together.
Prime didn't follow an order himself in episode 1 and is commanding a bridge building team, not a military force. So, no I haven't liked him yet, not to say I wont, but I have watched every episode at least four times each :). VHS is wonderful :p.

GMfan
03-31-2008, 12:39 AM
VHS inferior, PVR superior!

Robimus
03-31-2008, 01:18 AM
VHS inferior, PVR superior!

Yeah, but you can still buy VHS players for like $5 at thrift shops.....:p. Eventually I'll have to get with the 21st century, just not yet.......

Hound
03-31-2008, 01:12 PM
Alright now, who voted terrible?! I want names... and addresses... and...

As for Prime, I believe his story line will be one of 'the building of a great and compassionate leader'. Other Primes generally just started that way; now we'll watch the formation of the legend. I hope.

chisau
03-31-2008, 06:13 PM
the building of a great and compassionate leader[/I]'. Other Primes generally just started that way; now we'll watch the formation of the legend. I hope.

I hope for that too. but then again, i hope i win the lotto647 as well. so hope on. ;)

slippy
03-31-2008, 09:12 PM
i like the exchange between starscream and lugnut when megatron was talking

Vega-Starscream
04-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Excellent episode indeed!
Its was just awesome to see finally megatron, and the looks, wow! pure g1 goodness, I so want that toy :D

as for prime, Yeah! I didn't like is attitude either, but I will give him more time to prove himself.