PDA

View Full Version : ToyFair 2008

ooh_henry
03-19-2008, 01:25 AM
HOLY COW CRAP!

Have you guys seen the stuff Hasbro has lined up for us? I want all the animated stuff, especially Bulkhead with the headmaster and Soundwave! Man I gotta start saving!

http://toyfair08.asmzine.com/gallery/hasbro/transformers-animated-2/index.html

pud333
03-19-2008, 01:37 AM
That Headmaster thing is the single most ridiculous thing I've seen Hasbro put out in a while.

ohnaji
03-19-2008, 02:37 AM
That Headmaster thing is the single most ridiculous thing I've seen Hasbro put out in a while.

That is pretty bad. It could be worse though. Hasbro could make molds based on some of the other human villains and package them with recolored figures. There's no way I'd buy anything packed with Prof. Princess and her stuffed pony.
Looking past the Headmaster gimmick, the Leader class figures look awesome. Can't wait to pick them up.

GMfan
03-19-2008, 10:10 AM
It'd be cooler if the headmaster also transformed into its smaller robot mode. At least headmaster was one of the cooler villians (well when he wasen't talking...)

BadJeff
03-19-2008, 10:27 AM
When I see Soundwave in bot mode I can hear "Spaceship superstar" by Prism for some reason..... Otherwise, some slick stuff comming down the pipe. Some of those leader/supreme boxes look like they have a little bit of void space in them, but I guess they need the big box to justify the price..

Barpharanges
03-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Great pics. I like the underside shots.
Although I'm dissipointed with the return of Fast Action Battlers and Cyber Slammers. I know some of you love collecting them but those things just confuse Retailers into buying less Deluxes, and then clog shelves which fool retailers into re-ordering less Deluxes (remember the toy selection last fall?)...
Plus all the Grandmothers in the world can't honestly tell the difference. Thats not bad for the really young Grandkids, but any kid over 5 wants Deluxe only.

brr-icy
03-19-2008, 04:33 PM
Great pics. I like the underside shots.
Although I'm dissipointed with the return of Fast Action Battlers and Cyber Slammers. I know some of you love collecting them but those things just confuse Retailers into buying less Deluxes, and then clog shelves which fool retailers into ordering less Deluxes (remember the toy selection last fall?)...
Plus all the Grandmothers in the world can't honestly tell the difference. Thats not bad for the really young Grandkids, but any kid over 5 wants Deluxe only.
i totally agree with all this, those two classes are lame, the only fast action battler i liked was the frenzy, only because it was the only fig of him that turned into a boombox

Pascal
03-19-2008, 04:35 PM
I don't see how the Headmaster gimmick is any different from say, Classics Jetfire with his helmet that does nothing. At least, the Headmaster activates new sounds and phrases to match the show.

Team Jetfire
03-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Although, I didn't like the Headmaster villian, I love the fact that they added that to the Bulkhead toy...

BadJeff
03-19-2008, 07:24 PM
Although, I didn't like the Headmaster villian, I love the fact that they added that to the Bulkhead toy...

I'm with you on that...

CobraCommander
03-19-2008, 08:01 PM
i totally agree with all this, those two classes are lame, the only fast action battler i liked was the frenzy, only because it was the only fig of him that turned into a boombox

Same here!