PDA

View Full Version : Building a house, want to incorporate TF reference. Need suggestions

rid
03-13-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm in the process of building a house and would like to add some sort of Transformers reference to it. I'm not one whose life revolves around TF that I'd build a shrine for them. I just like TF enough to put in a wink. So something like a small Autobots/Decepticon logo embedded in a ceramic tile or something like that.

Since this is gonna stay there permanently, I want it to be small and discret. The sort of thing that a fellow collector would notice but would otherwise go unnoticed and blends well into the room. An obscur reference would be ideal (like Unicron's head or the Matrix, etc.)

I could use some suggestions as to what/where/how to do this.

thx.

Aernaroth
03-13-2008, 01:56 PM
well, you could do stuff like model your computer room after the S.T.A.R.S. cardboard background thing or teletraan 1, or have revolving panels in certain rooms so they actually transform, or what about using different coloured shingles on a patch of the roof so your house shows up with a faction symbol on google earth? :P

machine.slave
03-13-2008, 02:44 PM
how 'bout a door knocker? or a stained glass Autobot logo?

Spacemonkey
03-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Why not a stained glass window with a subtle faction symbol or charater head (or anything) integraed in it. And maybe it could be installed in a place where the sun can pass trough and make it appear on a wall or the floor.

pandaprime
03-13-2008, 02:57 PM
you could make the doorbell a transformer sound or song clip :D

or logo/symbol on the hot and cold water tap heads

or stained glass skylight (modification of Spacemonkey's suggestion :D ) ?

onecoin
03-13-2008, 03:03 PM
How about a countertop or entertainment unit designed like Teletran-1? Or incorporate elements of Metroplex, Omega Supreme, or Trypticon Outside? Like a Metroplex's head half sticking out, or a rail system or gun turrets would be sweet. So much for discrete and low key.

BadJeff
03-13-2008, 03:12 PM
If you have a decorative attic vent on the second floor exterior (above the windows, below the roof line)get them to build it as a faction symbol of your choice. That would be sweet..
Painted to match the exterior trim of course..

Code of Honor
03-13-2008, 03:12 PM
A Matrix of Leadership pattern blended in to some tile in an entryway, or the kitchen, or on a fireplace surround, really any place you put tile. It could be done in a color very similar to the rest of the tile, or in a color that stands out a little more. I've seen it done before even though it was most likely not supposed to be the Matrix.

rid
03-13-2008, 03:23 PM
there's a lot of good suggestions. Please have them coming.

But somehow, I doubt having it seen from an orbital satallite falls under the discret and low key criteria...:p

Pascal
03-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Stasis pods in your attic.

:)

cannabisprime
03-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Paint the toilets to look like Shortround's "toilet" mode?

brr-icy
03-13-2008, 04:30 PM
have a faction symbol impressed into the corner stone or foundation. then it's the same colour and will only show when the light hits it

GMfan
03-13-2008, 04:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQbmt7zVWZ4

QuadESL63
03-14-2008, 10:36 AM
Be discrete about it and it will be better if the decorations are easily removable. You don't want the trouble staging your house later for sell, do you? ;)

borihazard
03-16-2008, 11:32 PM
hmm build your house like the TFTM..lol with a fountain decoration in ur front yard, and damaged path to ur house doors. or start parking cars on the lawn.
________
Paxil lawsuit info (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

noodle
03-16-2008, 11:37 PM
Paint the toilets to look like Shortround's "toilet" mode?

I was thinking something along that lines as well!
but rather painting the toilet as Shortround, have Shortround painted in the toilet bowl swimming... if you don't like the idea of Shortround paint a Sharkticon instead. :D

skyrink
03-17-2008, 12:48 AM
re-design ur house to look like the ark....its very discrete :D

Mumps
03-17-2008, 06:35 PM
or what about using different coloured shingles on a patch of the roof so your house shows up with a faction symbol on google earth? :P
This idea is the best one here!