PDA

View Full Version : Premium Leader Optimus Prime & Megatron out in Hong Kong

Pascal
03-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Both feature the G1 transformation sound and new decos, but only Prime has remolded/new parts (head+sword).

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFMLPM&lang=us&CatID=41_59

http://www.robotkingdom.com/services/eshop/main.php?action=details&CatType=Category&II=TFMLPOP&lang=us&CatID=41_59

dak
03-10-2008, 05:33 PM
I like the new Prime head, but I feel it's missing a lot of detail compared to the original version.

Optimus_Prime
03-10-2008, 05:50 PM
So Prime has new sounds? What about the lights, are they still orange? I would have liked to see blue instead, like in the movie.

pud333
03-10-2008, 06:05 PM
New head definitely looks better, even if it does have a "wascally wabbit" feel to it.

Incepticon
03-10-2008, 07:43 PM
Meh, after seeing what's coming from Animated & Universe, I'm having real problems finding any interest in more Movie stuff. I plan to get the repaints of Megatron & Starscream, but that's for the sake of Con character completion over anything else. Once I get those two, I'm officially closing the book on Movie figures. Until 2009, that is.

Dark Rage
03-10-2008, 07:47 PM
I can't even see the chrome on Megatron, or is it just grey all over so that it can finally be movie accurate unlike the original one with a blue head?

Is there any other detailed changes on the Premium Optimus other than the head and sword? Don't remember if the lights glows blue or red though...

jourdo
03-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Prime is an easy pass for me... the original is good enough. Megs on the other hand I look forward to seeing in person... but the pic does seem to be lacking in the chrome look.

noodle
03-10-2008, 11:53 PM
I have to agree with dak and pud333 that the remolded head on Premium Optimus Prime looks 10x better than the original, however I don't think I'm willing to purchase the same figure twice... well, at least not at canadian SRP anyways.

machine.slave
03-11-2008, 12:12 AM
I really can't get into the movie line of toys.. I miss the blockiness of the older generations. These new ones remind me of the Beastwars-styled releases of the Gen1 characters. They just look and feel cheap. I dunno, it's hard to explain! I guess I miss the diecast blunt objects of my childhood :D

Just IMO, of course. :D

Pascal
03-11-2008, 12:41 AM
Then you might like the simpler and blockier (with BW/movie-like articulation) styling of Animated.

QuadESL63
03-11-2008, 10:56 AM
We are flooded with movie repaints and they are selling the new stuffs already. Why oh why they always start selling the new stuffs over there earlier than us esp. when they still have started running the series? :confused: Seriously, I'm sick of the movie stuffs... I like some of the them (hence I bought them) but I think the repaints and movie scenes are getting a bit out of hand.

May be I should move back there LOL

Pascal
03-11-2008, 11:37 AM
In a perfect world, this is what the line should have been :

-Premium Leader Prime (with phrases from the movie)
-Premium Leader Megatron (with phrases from the movie)
-Leader Brawl
-Premium Voyager Ratchet (Best Buy)
-Premium Voyager Ironhide (but no Autobot symbol on the hood and no tinted windows)
-Premium Voyager Megatron (Best Buy)
-Premium Voyager Prime (Robovision)
-Premium Voyager Blackout (regular version + markings + painted Scorpy)
-Premium Starscream (Deep Space)
-Voyager Incinerator
-Voyager Thundercracker
-Voyager Evac
-Premium DLX Battlemask CC Bumblebee (Capture set)
-Premium DLX Barricade (no tinted windows, First encounter)
-Premium DLX Jazz (no tinted windows)
-DLX '77 Bumblebee (with clear windows)
-DLX Longarm (Final Stand)
-DLX Scorponok (Desert Attack)
-DLX Brawl
-DLX Proto Prime
-DLX Proto Starscream
-DLX Payload
-DLX Swindle
-DLX Dropkick
-DLX Stockade
-DLX Landmine
-DLX Bonecrusher
-DLX Salvage
-DLX Dreadwing
-DLX Overcast
-DLX Wreckage

Forget about alternate redecos for already existing characters (no G1 Jazz, no Battle Damage this or that, etc.). Forget about repaints from previous lines. Ok for repaints/remolds to create new characters (Overcast, Salvage, etc.), it needs to be done. Some figures (BB, Barricade, Scorpy, Payload) only available in movie scenes with humans, but at a lower price point.

pud333
03-11-2008, 11:49 AM
In a perfect world, this is what the line should have been :

Yeah, in a perfect world, Hasbro would have made a quality, movie accurate, scale comparable (eg: Bonecrusher NOT a deluxe) figure the first time around. Honestly if that were the case, I wouldn't mind paying a few bucks more for a figure to have something done right the first time. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride... :cool:

Pascal
03-11-2008, 11:55 AM
In this case, Bonecrusher could have been a Voyager (and take the place of Rescue Ratchet and all the other repaints) and Starscream a Leader (and take the place of the unnecessary Nightwatch Prime).

tusko
03-13-2008, 07:44 AM
I'm looking forward to the Premium Prime hitting Canadian retail.

Keep me posted and thanks for the news.