PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Animated Episode 11 Official Discussion

Code of Honor
02-29-2008, 07:35 PM
Transformers Animated airs on YTV Saturday, at 11:00am EST, with episode 11, titled "Lost and Found"

This thread is here to discuss this episode only,
please save the toy and future episode discussion for another thread.

Please refrain from posting spoilers until the airing, discuss your expectations and guesses of the episode until then.

brr-icy
03-01-2008, 12:33 PM
...wow... that was an awesome episode, no human enemies, lots of fighting, g1 references, i'm not completely sure, but i think it was my favorite so far

Pascal
03-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Another great episode. I like the Spike/Sparkplug nod at the beginning. And seeing all the gimmicks for Blitzwing and Lugnut creates even more anticipation for the toys.

Super_Megatron
03-01-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm really starting to love this series. Very entertaining episode.

StarwarsTF
03-01-2008, 12:53 PM
WOW excellent episode! Blitzwing aka "the german officer" was really played up. Good to see a European flavor for once. You all better breakout your Skyshadow (cybertron) toys cause Lugnut will be the same mold with a new head, and new packaging. lol

Wodicus
03-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Very good episode. I loved how the Decepticons were portrayed in it, very nice. I'm looking forward to more 'Con's showing up and how the Starscream angle is going to work out, also nice to see him again.

soundwaveCA
03-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Caught some of this wile having my morning coffee, certainly better then what I've seen. One thing things for sure Animated needs more Blitzwing.

CobraCommander
03-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Lugnutz is pretty cool, I like how he is a good match against Bulkhead. He is similar to G1 Soundwave in that he is very loyal and honorable to Megs. Blitzwing on the other hand is coming off as a little too spastic, but then again I guess that is expected with multiple persona's.

neospike
03-01-2008, 03:14 PM
I love this series. I was not really expecting much going in, but the stories and characterizations have been great. Art style still not that great, but it is growing on me.

lars573
03-01-2008, 03:28 PM
WOW excellent episode! Blitzwing aka "the german officer" was really played up. Good to see a European flavor for once. You all better breakout your Skyshadow (cybertron) toys cause Lugnut will be the same mold with a new head, and new packaging. lol
Not true. As prototypes have been seen.

pandaprime
03-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Decepticon activities excellent.

Awesome displays of firepower more excellent.

Code of Honor
03-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Another great episode thanks to the Decepticons. Though we didn't see enough of Blitzwing's crazy head, but Lugnutz's ground punch was really cool. I see Sari is still over using that key, the story need to stop relying on that thing.

ohnaji
03-01-2008, 04:48 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with this episode. Glad to see the Allspark storyline brought to the forefront. Lugnut and Bltzwing are fun characters to watch, although Blitzwing is just a bit likeable to be a Decepticon for my taste. The animation quality was inconsistent, but was fairly dynamic for some key scenes. Starscream's appearance at the end was a nice topper to conclude things.
It's unfortunate that the show direction doesn't follow a more serialized format. This episode really progressed the overall Transformer story. I'm hoping that momentum carries on, but sadly I have a feeling we'll see Angry Archer, Meltdown and Prof. Princess again. I'm not sure what to think about the Allspark rebuilding Megatron's body. It's one of those moments that seems more to confuse the audience rather than delivering a truly compelling event. I'm guessing it's an allusion to a history between Megs and the Allspark itself.
Overall, a good episode.

Optimus_Prime
03-01-2008, 08:31 PM
I loved this episode. Did anyone else think of Tidalwave in TF energon when Lugnut said "Megatron lives" the first time? Also, it seems that David Kaye used his Unicron Trilogy Megatron voice for Lugnut, unless it's just me.

brr-icy
03-01-2008, 08:37 PM
i'm so glad blitzwing is still a triplechanger,

pud333
03-01-2008, 08:38 PM
First episode I've seen since the one with that nano guy that runs fast. I hated every episode before with the exception of the starscream scenes in the first one, but I actually liked this one. Enough to warrant me watching the next one.

Blitzwing's firepower was nice and the fist punch thing was cool.

Robimus
03-02-2008, 01:09 AM
I gave another excellent rating though I didn't think it was quite as good as some of the better episodes. The Starscream arrival at the end was cool but I thought the Decepticons went out a bit easy with the whole Omega Supreme canon. "The massive canon is pointing at you, move!!!!" The whole getting blown to bits thing was a little too Looney Toons :p .
Blitzwing is a lot of fun and Lugnutz will be more interesting once Megatron gets his new body I think. Still loving the series with the Megatron plot probably being my favorite part.

Anyone know how many episodes season 1 is going to be? Will there be a mid season break?

alicethegoon
03-02-2008, 01:54 AM
I enjoyed this episode, the Autobots should be very thankful for Ratchet's wisdom. Speaking of Ratchet, where is the new animated Ratchet figure. I have not seen one yet. Has anyone else seen the prototype and if so where? I don't get out much :) .

Protoman
03-02-2008, 02:25 AM
Good episode, Lugnuts is starting to grow on me.

alicethegoon
03-02-2008, 02:45 AM
OK I found one.

http://www.geocities.com/alicethegoon.geo/Ratchet_03.jpg

Back of Package. This is the only one on ebay asking $109.99.

http://www.geocities.com/alicethegoon.geo/Ratchet_Loose_01.jpg

Code of Honor
03-02-2008, 03:51 AM
OK I found one.

Back of Package. This is the only one on ebay asking $109.99.

Please keep toy discussion out of this thread.

Thank you

Anyone know how many episodes season 1 is going to be? Will there be a mid season break?
There are 16 episodes in season 1. I don't know if there will be a mid season break, but if YTV has season 2 episodes ready to air then most likely there won't be a break.
Thats what YTV did back in the 1999/2000 season with Beast Machines they had episodes of season 2 so they aired them right after season 1 ended. On Fox Kids in the U.S. they had to wait something like 8 months to see season 2. That may not happen with Cartoon Network though.

CobraCommander
03-02-2008, 09:36 AM
I just re-watched the episode as I missed the beginning part. It's great to see the bots playing hockey :D

I'm really impressed with Lugnut's arsenal of missiles from his back and his mighty power punch.

Also a nice homage to see the construction workers wearing the same outfits as G1 Spike and Sparkplug.

There is one thing that I'm not liking too much about this series, it's the lack of any smooth/credible transformation sequences. It's a bit silly that the bots transformer in some cases less than 1 sec in a blur.

"I'll hack your systems, I'll frag your hard drive, I'll crash your data" :p

-KG-
03-02-2008, 02:06 PM
I agree with the whole blurry Transformation thing. I noticed that with Prowl in this episode. Regardless of animation style, I think they need to show some moving parts during Transformation.

GMfan
03-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Great episode through and through. My favourite line was how Ratchet mentioned they could hardly take on one decepticon the last time...how true is that? Anyone else itching to see the decepticons take them on full force?

Team Jetfire
03-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Love Lugnutz...glad to some action and the start of the decepticons getting back together.

the punch is some serious stuff.

IronCrow
03-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Thought this episode was pretty good, definitely one of my favourites if only because we got to see more of the spastic Blitzwing. That, and it was pretty amusing seeing the Autobots playing some street puck with a stop sign and a lamp post.