PDA

View Full Version : Trypticon

Ironwave
05-23-2015, 06:35 PM
This is a little bit confusing, and it gives me headaches when I think about it lol. But when Trypticon was built, he was built under which Leader? Megatron or Galvatron? And if it was Megatron? I don't know which story is coherent, G1 Sunbow or Japan's Scramble City, because we see in G1 Season 3 Trypticon being built by the Constructicons and in Scramble City we see him emerge from the water to attack Metroplex and the Autobots. See right there confusion LOL

Chigimus
05-23-2015, 08:36 PM
That all depends on which continuity do you want to put your faith into. The disconnect is well known, but accepted by the community as 2 separate time lines running somewhat parallel to each other.

As per Trypticon's very own article in TFWiki: "Japanese cartoon continuity: The events of the American animated series covered above occur in Japanese continuity, with the primary difference between the two being that the events of season three (set in 2006 in America) are pushed back to 2010 in the Japanese dub. As far as Trypticon is concerned, however, there is one much larger, contradictory fact established by the additional stories told in various Japanese media: In this continuity, Trypticon was actually built in the 1980s, and then rebuilt during the events of "Five Faces of Darkness"."

If you feel a stronger sense of sticking to the Japanese approach , stick with the latter and move on and deem the American version as "fan-fiction" or vice versa, lol. Personally, I grew up with the American version, so that's what I'll stick to. In my mind, I don't really stitch in the Japanese stories until after G1 ends and Headmasters begin.

JLvatron
05-23-2015, 09:57 PM
US G1, he was built under Galvatron's command.

Scramble City is simply not part of US G1.

Chitin us explains the Japanese continuity nicely.

Robimus
05-24-2015, 01:33 AM
I thought Abdul Facati built him.

JLvatron
05-24-2015, 03:37 AM
I thought Abdul Facati built him.

Are u joking?

Shockwave 75
05-24-2015, 09:53 AM
As per Trypticon's very own article in TFWiki: "Japanese cartoon continuity: The events of the American animated series covered above occur in Japanese continuity, with the primary difference between the two being that the events of season three (set in 2006 in America) are pushed back to 2010 in the Japanese dub. As far as Trypticon is concerned, however, there is one much larger, contradictory fact established by the additional stories told in various Japanese media: In this continuity, Trypticon was actually built in the 1980s, and then rebuilt during the events of "Five Faces of Darkness"."
I think this explains it nicely without needing to separate the two events at all.

So if you follow this, to answer your question, Trypticon was first built under Megatron then rebuilt under Galvatron.