PDA

View Full Version : Quickslinger and Brake-Neck, Where and how much?

Transbot90210
05-22-2015, 02:11 PM
Alright folks,

I am sure many of use bought our Quickslingers and Brake-necks today. Not as easy a task for Canadians as it was for our American Transfans.

So let us all share where we bought ours and how much we paid.

I'll start...

The Chosen Prime - $50USD shipped to Toronto for one of each.

Ned1701
05-22-2015, 02:16 PM
on Amazon.com 2 days ago for 45.91 US shipped

Larkhainan
05-22-2015, 02:33 PM
$29 USD from HTS, friend is bringing them to TFCon

praise be to tfcon

Abraxys
05-22-2015, 02:41 PM

Ditto. Thats 56$ CDN. Everywhere else is 5$ more so far....

Ebay is 45$ each...no thank you:p

Transbot90210
05-22-2015, 02:47 PM
I tried HTS and they wanted $32 to ship to Toronto. lol

Lucky are you for having a friend bring them to you AND for yoru patience. lol

P.S. Larkhainan, how did you score them for $14.50 each? memorial15?

Supernova
05-22-2015, 03:29 PM
Just got my invoice from Automaton - $55.34 USD shipped.

Not the cheapest option, I know, but having had the preorder in since April has been pretty low stress for me.

Larkhainan
05-22-2015, 03:39 PM
P.S. Larkhainan, how did you score them for $14.50 each? memorial15?Yeah, the coupon code works. I was surprised.

HTS is kinda weird.

anemis
05-22-2015, 03:50 PM
Quickslinger 29.99 us shipped from ebay

Crobot91
05-22-2015, 03:54 PM
Bought 1 set off of BBTS at midnight (currently, in my pile of loot) and 2 sets off of HTS this morning.

Now I can display both figures in all three modes.

RocketGTR
05-22-2015, 03:54 PM

Just did today from Amazon.com too. $45.55 USD shipped to Vancouver.

Undrave
05-22-2015, 04:20 PM
I wasn't planning on getting them but Brake-Neck was still in stock at BBTS when I went to ship my loot so I nabbed one. With shipping it was 27$USD basically.

Don't care about Quickslinger. I hate the look of the mold and the stupid head with its two slices of white bread as earmuffs. It was out of stock too.

UltraPrimal
05-22-2015, 04:30 PM
I just got my invoice from Automaton. After everything it was $70CAD for both. That's fucking retarded for 2 deluxes that should have been made available at retail at the start. I might as well have gone with the Takara versions. And apparently I'm going to have to with Defensor if I want a proper Groove.

Masta_Skidz
05-22-2015, 05:50 PM
And apparently I'm going to have to with Defensor if I want a proper Groove.

also remember that Defensor is a TTmall exclusive

big dawg
05-22-2015, 06:27 PM
Got both ordered just now from Amazon.com. Came to roughly $60 Canadian total shipped including duty

down_shift
05-22-2015, 06:47 PM
I'm just going to get them from Silver Snail. Local and they won't be too crazy.

MULTIPLEX
05-22-2015, 07:30 PM
Quickslinger from BBTS for $36.26 shipped. Too much but it's already shipped :) No worries of missing out at least.

JohnathanKong
05-22-2015, 07:51 PM
Just picked mine up from amazon. Didn't even know they were out. Thanks guys!

timcrook
05-22-2015, 08:45 PM
... That's fucking retarded for 2 deluxes that should have been made available at retail at the start...

I'm thinking this is a good way for Hasbro to determine the current size of the serious transformer collector population.

ironclaugh
05-22-2015, 10:03 PM
Ugh. I was going to order them from TF Source and I had them in the cart and then went out for dinner. 2 hours later Quickslinger is sold out. Are there just less Quickslingers? Sold out on TFSource, BBTS and Amazon.com

Msol
05-22-2015, 10:13 PM
I'm thinking this is a good way for Hasbro to determine the current size of the serious transformer collector population.

I think that's a *really* good point. Kids are definitely not buying these. Smart move, even if it hurts our wallets.

Oh, and got mine for $28.75 from Automaton with a bulk purchase.

Transbot90210
05-22-2015, 10:18 PM
Ugh. I was going to order them from TF Source and I had them in the cart and then went out for dinner. 2 hours later Quickslinger is sold out. Are there just less Quickslingers? Sold out on TFSource, BBTS and Amazon.com

I think QS and BN are a 1:1 ratio.

Judging by the Air Raid vs Stunticons sales. (Also 1:1) I would gather that more people are buying/collecting Superion than they are Menasor.

ironclaugh
05-22-2015, 10:24 PM
I think QS and BN are a 1:1 ratio.

Judging by the Air Raid vs Stunticons sales. (Also 1:1) I would gather that more people are buying/collecting Superion than they are Menasor.

Makes sense to me. Superion definitely looks better. Either way I think Slayback has solved my issue hahah.

Abraxys
05-22-2015, 10:39 PM
Yikes, looks like Quickslinger is already skyrocketing.....

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Generations-Combiner-Deluxe-Quickslinger/dp/B00TV0T0OW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432348727&sr=8-1&keywords=quickslinger

Undrave
05-22-2015, 10:40 PM

You should have finished your transaction...

Apparently there is more Aerialbots fans than Stunticons fans? I don't know what attraction breadmuff has... The Stunticons are all way cooler moods than the jets if you ask me!

Abraxys
05-22-2015, 10:42 PM

Apparently there is more Aerialbots fans than Stunticons fans? I don't know what attraction breadmuff has... The Stunticons are all way cooler moods than the jets if you ask me!

I think it has to do with superion not having a 3rd party figure in scale with Fansproject menasor, green giant, and whatnot. I know theres TFC, but it hasnt been as well received as FP Men. Add to the fact that superion is much more proportional than menasor's awkward legs.

Supernova
05-22-2015, 11:04 PM

I think there's a fair number of folk that absolutely hate Alpha Bravo...or, at least, there seems like it.

Offroad doesn't seem to catch as much flak for some reason.

CanBot
05-22-2015, 11:58 PM
The pull of Hasbro BrakeNeck is just too great. Amazon is offering 10 bucks off if you apply for their credit card.

I'm already getting him via Unite Warriors, but I wonder how different the Hasbro one will be? I have no idea why but I'm almost ready to get both Tak and Hasbro versions :D

Why?...I can't explain it. Oh well, at least I'm not getting the autobots, right? :D

ironclaugh
05-22-2015, 11:58 PM

Yeah I see that now. I was weighing my options since I was considering preordering the last 2 Ordin figures and well as grabbing Fierce Attack (and Quickslinger and Brake-Neck).

So it was like a $500USD order. I don't like to needlessly piss money away. BBTS always gets the customs. TFSource costs more for shipping. Canadian sights have flatrate shipping but charge HST lol. Our dollar sucks so bad so if I can save 20-30US it adds up.

nuropa
05-23-2015, 01:50 AM
also remember that Defensor is a TTmall exclusive

i preordered that set, then I realized without the Japanese 20-30% preorder discount, I'm paying double for giftset of 5. yikes.

ironclaugh
05-23-2015, 01:58 AM
So with the Deluxe Groove... he will only be available in that set... no individual release right?

nuropa
05-23-2015, 02:03 AM
So with the Deluxe Groove... he will only be available in that set... no individual release right?

Takara is not doing individual releases amd claiming there is no oversea release for Deluxe Groove on their site. . No one knows if Hasbro will release one like they do with quickslinger and brake-neck.

ironclaugh
05-23-2015, 02:45 AM
Takara is not doing individual releases amd claiming there is no oversea release for Deluxe Groove on their site. . No one knows if Hasbro will release one like they do with quickslinger and brake-neck.

Yeah figured. It's a hard choice. I will be able to pick up a complete NA Hasbro Defensor for like 80CAD with clever sales and price matching. So do I live with Rook and just not spend the $200+ CAD so my Defensor can have a Motorcycle leg LOL

Chigimus
05-23-2015, 03:03 AM
The pull of Hasbro BrakeNeck is just too great. Amazon is offering 10 bucks off if you apply for their credit card.

I'm already getting him via Unite Warriors, but I wonder how different the Hasbro one will be? I have no idea why but I'm almost ready to get both Tak and Hasbro versions :D

Why?...I can't explain it. Oh well, at least I'm not getting the autobots, right? :D

There are quite a few differences actually...

Hasbro:
http://orig13.deviantart.net/9c93/f/2015/083/b/b/generations_combiner_wars_dlx_brake_neck_by_transf ormer_products-d8n0ztt.jpg

Takara:
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/0/5/9/7/4904810831723_1428605005.jpg

In robot mode, the pieces that makes up the bicep swivels, the hands, thighs and collar are all red in Hasbro's version whereas all those same pieces are grey for Takara. The forearms are also swapped where Hasbro has grey and Takara's forearms are red. It's a complete reversal of those colors on those pieces with the exception of slightly different paint apps for the chest and near the feet.

In alt mode, Takara's grey color is uniform across most of the body and the Decepticon badge is centered on the hood whereas Hasbro has a metallic grey app on the hood from the rest of the plastic grey and the badge is offset. The rear window is painted red on Takara where as Hasbro didn't even paint it and left it grey. Hasbro doesn't paint front grill or headlight housings either where Takara painted them black and silver respectively. The red across the sides of the vehicle is less glaring on the Takara version than Hasbro's, but that damn bicep piece causes a break in color consistency for both versions. You either get an ugly vertical red strip that runs below the side windows on the Hasbro version or you the red horizontal skirt is interrupted by grey on the Takara version. :doh:

It's SO frustating trying to decide which version to get mostly because of that bicep swivel piece interfering with the rest of the color scheme. Personally, I think Takara's version sports the lesser of the 2 evils, though I liked the thighs of Hasbro's version more. Can't even frankenstein the legs from Hasbro onto the Takara torso because the lower legs are pinned together at the knee and I don't want to lose the red rear windshield that comes with Takara's lower legs. First world problems, right? :argh:

Chigimus
05-23-2015, 03:09 AM
Yeah figured. It's a hard choice. I will be able to pick up a complete NA Hasbro Defensor for like 80CAD with clever sales and price matching. So do I live with Rook and just not spend the $200+ CAD so my Defensor can have a Motorcycle leg LOL

Since you're getting Hasbro Defensor for what seems to be lower than what most people would have to pay, you could always sell it for as much or more than you paid if you had to. I would wait a bit longer to see Takara's full color reveal of the set before pulling the trigger on pre-ordering their set. All we have seen so far is a paintless test shot of Groove and none of the color schemes for the remaining 4. It's worth waiting to see how much of a difference there will be. If it turns out the Takara set for the other 4 aren't that much different or somehow worse than Hasbro's from your perspective, it's definitely not worth paying that upmark just to get their Groove.

ironclaugh
05-23-2015, 04:10 AM
Since you're getting Hasbro Defensor for what seems to be lower than what most people would have to pay, you could always sell it for as much or more than you paid if you had to. I would wait a bit longer to see Takara's full color reveal of the set before pulling the trigger on pre-ordering their set. All we have seen so far is a paintless test shot of Groove and none of the color schemes for the remaining 4. It's worth waiting to see how much of a difference there will be. If it turns out the Takara set for the other 4 aren't that much different or somehow worse than Hasbro's from your perspective, it's definitely not worth paying that upmark just to get their Groove.

Yeah plus... I kind of have a feeling they will retool it to make an Afterburner. If they do... i can always do a custom Groove.

CanBot
05-23-2015, 09:50 PM
I was never one for repaints and such things, but wouldn't you know it...I'm actually wanting both the Takara AND Hasbro versions of Menasor.

When it comes to shelf space, I cringe at the idea of the whole Combiner Wars in the next couple of years. Where's it all gonna go :D

I think seeing all the members of all teams as individual bots will make a pretty sweet pic.

And when it comes to marketing, I think Hasbro knows it's on to something huge. I'm sure they haven't seen sales like this across the board in some time. You've basically got the situation where all these deluxe figures are 'gotta haves' if you want to complete the combiner; and even more if you want to complete the teams, with the IDW guys.

wervenom
05-23-2015, 09:56 PM
Ordered from Amazon.com but for Defensor I will more than likely get the Takara version and then just pick up Rook for fun. I would rather have the deluxe Groove over the legends one

JohnathanKong
05-23-2015, 10:03 PM
I thought this was a comparison between the Hasbro and Takara version of Defensor, https://www.facebook.com/gikpacbr/photos/a.822457131147112.1073741838.819016118157880/879555018770656/?type=1&theater. I'm waiting for the Takara version for sure if this is really what's coming out because it has Groove as the leg.

slag
05-23-2015, 10:09 PM

same here :raisetheroof:

Bnz Toy
05-24-2015, 12:46 AM
Hey guys, Slingshot is ready for order at TRU.com and Air Raid is ready for order at TRU.ca.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=65355506&cp=&parentPage=search
http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=58055176

CanBot
05-24-2015, 02:04 AM
Wow, Air Raid at tru.ca?

Maybe they'll get Brake-Neck too? Of course, I'm sure that they will, now that I ordered one from Amazon, it'll now pop up at tru.ca :D oh well :D

Sureshot22
05-24-2015, 08:58 PM
Air raid isn't the guy you are thinking of. He is on shelves. Quickslinger is who you're thinking of.

ironclaugh
05-24-2015, 11:37 PM
Just grabbed Quickslinger and Brakeneck from toysrus.com

Came to $42US and I had them shipped to my friends place. So that's the end of that chapter. But... if they are there won't they hit TRU.ca? I mean everyone was saying there was no way we were going to see these through regular retail... yet low-and-behold here they are.

MULTIPLEX
05-25-2015, 10:16 AM

Came to $42US and I had them shipped to my friends place. So that's the end of that chapter. But... if they are there won't they hit TRU.ca? I mean everyone was saying there was no way we were going to see these through regular retail... yet low-and-behold here they are.

Depends, do they have trilingual packaging? Then they might...but remember Arcee...where is she?

wervenom
05-25-2015, 10:27 AM

From what I read it said that u could get them from retail Web sites but it wouldn't actually be in the stores

Transbot90210
05-25-2015, 10:41 AM
From what I read it said that u could get them from retail Web sites but it wouldn't actually be in the stores
this

miyinan
05-25-2015, 11:09 AM
bought two for USD$16.99 each from Amazon.com three days ago plus $7ish for shipping and $5ish for import deposit

wervenom
05-28-2015, 05:41 PM
Arrived today from Amazon so my question to everyone would be, what did you do or plan to do with Offrroad & Alpha Bravo?

ironclaugh
05-28-2015, 05:47 PM
Arrived today from Amazon so my question to everyone would be, what did you do or plan to do with Offrroad & Alpha Bravo?

Repainting Alphabravo to be Blackout. May turn Offroad into a truck version of Barricade. They are going to be part of my Decepticon combiner: "Plan B"

Nemesis Prime is the core and I will be using a jet and hopefully a Bike mold if we get one to be Black Omen and Bullet Bike.

Masta_Skidz
05-28-2015, 06:27 PM

personally I am still going to keep them all together. One can truly never have enough bots or cons

wervenom
05-28-2015, 06:42 PM
personally I am still going to keep them all together. One can truly never have enough bots or cons

Would you use them as the limbs or replace them and keep them as bots with the Gestalts?

Masta_Skidz
05-28-2015, 06:51 PM
I don't combine my gestalts that much lol .... so to me they just look like a bad assed team and when I do combine them it is nice to have to option of another limb or member that can help the gestalt in a fight

xueyue2
05-28-2015, 07:15 PM

Offroad I didn't even buy.
Will use the Alpha Bravo in the Defensor team, which will save me $20, plus the white color looks better than the current red one.

QuadESL63
05-28-2015, 08:01 PM
Alpha Bravo? May be I will kitbash it into Deathcobra.

RNSrobot
05-28-2015, 08:08 PM
Offroad = Ruckus, so he gets bossed around by Thunderwing and chills with other toys featured in late Marvel G1 comics like Nightbeat, Bludgeon, and Skullgrin. #furman that said, I like Offroad individually and as a leg well enough to have him sometimes part of Menasor with either Wildrider or Dead End separate --- to show off the best looking Stunticon or sexy auto.

Alpha Bravo is tougher. I like the toy. He is also one of my tightest limbs, and can hold Powerglide in gun mode well. slingshot is also nice enough I would like to have him displayed in front of Superion. Seriously, he is much nicer than Fireflight. But I like the symmetry of having four jets as limbs, the way the nosecones and tailfins flow.

As I am only buying First Aid and Cyclonus from wave 3, though, extraneous limbs can be enlaved by Galvatronus. ^^

funkmasterke
05-29-2015, 08:23 PM
My breakneck and quickslinger were delivered from Amazon.com today, a little suprising as the estimated time was June 5 onwards.

big dawg
05-30-2015, 12:36 AM
Got my set today. Haven't opened the shipping box yet but surprised at how quickly they arrived.

MULTIPLEX
05-30-2015, 01:13 AM
I don't combine my gestalts that much lol ....

Yup I'm the same. Combiners are best displayed uncombined.

Masta_Skidz
05-30-2015, 01:34 AM
Yup I'm the same. Combiners are best displayed uncombined.

well I figure that they are not combined that much to begin with so then why not keep them individually most of the time and then combine them once in a while

joshimus
05-30-2015, 09:28 AM
Ordered Break-neck/Wildrider from Automaton. Not a huge Superion fan so I am ok without slingshot.

CanBot
05-30-2015, 05:12 PM
I went the Amazon route for Wildrider, and tried to get a $10 coupon by signing up for the Amazon.com credit card. I couldn't enter my province, so I was wondering if anybody can verify it's for Americans only?

Thanks!

Msol
05-30-2015, 05:24 PM
I doubt it, doesn't it ask for an american SSN?

CanBot
05-30-2015, 05:25 PM
You're right, they do. I'll nix the idea. Thanks!

Pgianos
06-01-2015, 11:46 AM
Brake-neck is terrible QC at least on mine..do not get it... swirling plastic..bad paint..doesnt tab together well..just ugly all around... I hate it... quickslinger is fine..

xueyue2
06-01-2015, 11:50 AM
Brake-neck is terrible QC at least on mine..do not get it... swirling plastic..bad paint..doesnt tab together well..just ugly all around... I hate it... quickslinger is fine..

Mine is good, the same quality as the rest of wave2.

wervenom
06-01-2015, 11:53 AM

Mine is good, the same quality as the rest of wave2.

Mine is fine as well. It's actually better than Dead End. The tailpipe doesn't fall off when you turn it. Sorry to hear that yours was bad for the premium cost associated to it

papavader
06-01-2015, 11:54 AM

Mine was ok, even sturdier than Dead-End, if too floppy in the ball joints. Nothing a little super glue cannot fix, mind you...

Pgianos
06-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Thanks man...the front hood will not tab in well ...keeps coming apart in car mode... really yours are ok eh? The ugly QC will hide well as a limn but I wouldn't dare display it in car mode..ugggh..

RNSrobot
06-01-2015, 12:02 PM
I have to say both are better than my fire flight and dead end. Dead end and wildrider are about equal, both solid. Slingshot is a little tighter than fire flight.

My alpha bravo is WAY tighter than either harrier --- probably the strongest arm of all, best for holding powerglide. ^^

wervenom
06-01-2015, 12:05 PM
Thanks man...the front hood will not tab in well ...keeps coming apart in car mode... really yours are ok eh? The ugly QC will hide well as a limn but I wouldn't dare display it in car mode..ugggh..

Do you mind if I ask where you purchased it from? If it was with Amazon I'm sure they can do something about it. They do have a feedback and rating system and return option. Not sure how it works but they might or dare I say should be able to do something about it.

Pgianos
06-01-2015, 12:07 PM
Mine is fine as well. It's actually better than Dead End. The tailpipe doesn't fall off when you turn it. Sorry to hear that yours was bad for the premium cost associated to it

Do you mind if I ask where you purchased it from? If it was with Amazon I'm sure they can do something about it. The do have a feedback and rating system and return option. Not sure how it works but they might or dare I say should be able to do something about it.

Yeah it was amazon... yeah sure I will give it a try..thanks

Ozrein
06-01-2015, 05:48 PM
Looks like I'm going to have an extra set of these guys if anyone here is interested. Just PM me.

laffy
06-01-2015, 06:47 PM
Looks like I'm going to have an extra set of these guys if anyone here is interested. Just PM me.

pm sent :)