PDA

View Full Version : Walmart.ca Transformers Platinum Edition Seeker Squadron 3-Pack

mr_lude2000
05-16-2015, 04:39 PM
Now available on walmart.ca
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transformers-platinum-edition-seeker-squadron-3-pack/6000191047238

Credit goes to seibertron.com
Sorry if this is a repost.

CanBot
05-16-2015, 05:19 PM
Now available on walmart.ca
http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transformers-platinum-edition-seeker-squadron-3-pack/6000191047238

Credit goes to seibertron.com
Sorry if this is a repost.

...are these like an Encore, G1 reissue style of the conehead seekers?

If so, WOW!...cool! If not...please let me know :D

Seekers aren't my thing in G1 but it's a nice opportunity for sure.

Any more info?

Deception
05-16-2015, 05:32 PM
...are these like an Encore, G1 reissue style of the conehead seekers?

If so, WOW!...cool! If not...please let me know :D

Seekers aren't my thing in G1 but it's a nice opportunity for sure.

Any more info?

pretty much....price is pretty good too

style
05-16-2015, 08:17 PM
$32 each after tax is way better than indecticons

Xtreme987
05-16-2015, 08:48 PM
Here is a couple of pics of what they look like in robot & plane modes:

http://static.seibertron.com/images/toys/uploads/1428715622_seekers2.jpg

http://www.hasbro.com/common/productimages/en_US/e14c0eb250569047f54faeddff200fbb/be327c9b7bd6343f827698ac504c00596e5596a7.jpg

chaingunsofdoom
05-16-2015, 09:14 PM
Have the originals so easy pass, but that $28.xx each plus tax is a good price.

canprime
05-16-2015, 09:25 PM
Ordered a set. Free shipping with a target delivery date of May 22nd.

So we'll see what happens.

JLvatron
05-16-2015, 09:43 PM
For anyone who wants the G1 coneheads, this is a great deal!

JLvatron
05-16-2015, 09:46 PM
better than indecticons

Unfortunately, they didn't fare much better with Walmart's description calling them Dronebots.

Seeker drones are on the front line of any battle. The scrap heap is piled high with the armor of Seekers courageous enough to draw enemy fire and unlucky enough to get blasted by it. Warriors like Thrust, Dirge, and Ramjet, have managed to not only avoid becoming cannon fodder, but have distinguished themselves with great feats in battle.

Villains need minions, and these Ramjet, Thrust and Dirge figures are the minions of doom! All 3 convert in 7 easy steps from double-blastered robot mode to fast-diving drone mode. Will the Autobots stand a chance when these 3 dronebots are on patrol? There’s only one way to find out!

Rev
05-16-2015, 09:59 PM
Count me in!

razin
05-16-2015, 10:12 PM
dammit. I paid around $128 shipped from Robot Kingdom.

MULTIPLEX
05-17-2015, 12:19 AM
Helluva good price

python
05-17-2015, 09:50 AM
Do any of our TRU insiders know what their price will be?

CanBot
05-17-2015, 03:20 PM
I can't believe I completely forgot about these when they were announced.

I'm so tempted, but they just don't fit into my Death Star plans.

That said...they would have had me at hello if these were the Big Three of SS, SW and TC. Kind of an odd choice to go Conehead before reissue the orginal three, but these are definitely cool.

mr_lude2000
05-17-2015, 08:20 PM
I for one am super happy that Hasbro chose to do the coneheads as opposed to the O.G. ones (ss/tc/sw).
After all we did get the O.G.'s back then during the commemorative series era (10+ years ago).

jjwankenobi
05-17-2015, 08:23 PM
Was never into what I like to call the "Secondary Seeker Squadron". Last time I went all out on the jets I had nine CHUG Seekers which frankly caused some boredom in the mold.

Happy with my primary G1 trio so this is a pass but concur it is a great deal.

CanBot
05-18-2015, 02:34 PM
I for one am super happy that Hasbro chose to do the coneheads as opposed to the O.G. ones (ss/tc/sw).
After all we did get the O.G.'s back then during the commemorative series era (10+ years ago).

...yeah, but ten years? It's time for a re-release for sure.

Funny how the artwork, awesome that it is, kinda minimizes the full-on 'conehead' look of the coneheads.

Speaking of the artwork, both this and the Insecticons look great.

tilallr1
05-19-2015, 01:30 PM
Easy purchase. Great price for Reissues, plus 2 of them were never re-released here in North America. Free shipping too. Thrust is my all time favorite BTW!!! :raisetheroof:

thebobkat
05-19-2015, 02:24 PM
Against the objections of my wallet, I ordered a set. I think I only have a Dirge reissue but not the other two, so I thought what the heck. $31 per figure shipped isn't bad at all. Hopefully the quality is up to par. Already got a notification that it shipped :)

razin
05-19-2015, 03:15 PM
I'd say the quality is not quite that of the originals or the earlier reissues. Still great additions if you do not have the originals, but they just seemed a little off. The trademark tampo sticks out like a sore thumb though, especially on Ramjet.

thebobkat
05-19-2015, 03:28 PM
I'd say the quality is not quite that of the originals or the earlier reissues. Still great additions if you do not have the originals, but they just seemed a little off. The trademark tampo sticks out like a sore thumb though, especially on Ramjet.

That's a little unfortunate. But probably still a pretty good deal for $31-$32 a piece for display. I have noticed that recent reissues have been declining in quality. The SDCC Blaster reissue felt like a knock-off...the plastic was so flimsy compared to my older Takara Blaster reissue.

razin
05-19-2015, 08:15 PM
That's a little unfortunate. But probably still a pretty good deal for $31-$32 a piece for display. I have noticed that recent reissues have been declining in quality. The SDCC Blaster reissue felt like a knock-off...the plastic was so flimsy compared to my older Takara Blaster reissue.

Yea, they are perfectly acceptable display pieces. Most of us G1 collectors don't really play with often anyways, so overall for the price, go for it.

steamwhistle
05-19-2015, 10:15 PM
I'm hoping I can budget for this and get it before it disappears. I'm in the process of defining my collection, and this set would help me do it. I still have an original G1 Thrust, so hopefully, if I get the set, I'll be able to perform a quality comparison.

I agree with the SDCC Blaster comment -- it does feel a lottle cheap...

CanBot
05-19-2015, 11:11 PM
No stickers?...odd choice. Insecticons got em, so did just about every reissue I've heard of. But as long as the tampos are sharp, I'd have no complaints.

venksta
05-19-2015, 11:25 PM
Do any of our TRU insiders know what their price will be?

This maybe a Walmart exclusive. Platinum figures don't seem to be actual releases, but exclusives to certain retailers.

razin
05-20-2015, 12:03 AM
No stickers?...odd choice. Insecticons got em, so did just about every reissue I've heard of. But as long as the tampos are sharp, I'd have no complaints.

They have stickers, it was just the Hasbro CE stamp I was referring to. Its on the outer side of their legs. Since the tampo is black, it really stands out on Ramjets leg.

CanBot
05-20-2015, 01:28 AM
Seen...when it came to stickers, it looks like some a pre-applied on this new set. Which is fine, as long as they're aligned. There's a nice look at them (Ramjet, I think) over in TFW.

You know, I just might pick these up. I'd seriously hope that they'd reissue the first three though in a set like this, sometime in the relative future. I'm not really a seeker guy but they'd look nice on my G1 shelf.

canprime
05-20-2015, 12:11 PM
WOO HOO!!! and BOO!!!!!

Lucky to be home just as CanadaPost delivered them 10 minutes ago.

They are a thing of beauty, and I have to give some props to Walmart for the packaging job. TRU could take lessons on that from Walmart.

However. I have to give them a boo for the packaging as well. The used a big box and angled the package inside so one corner of the box was slightly crushed in when I opened the shipping box. Now I'll have to wait and see if I can find a better box on the shelves, even though I am going to open them up in the end.

General Tekno
05-20-2015, 12:18 PM
Not interested in these myself, but wow, 85 bucks is a VERY good price for them, I have to say.

Hopefully everyone who wants them nabs them.

razin
05-20-2015, 03:02 PM
Seen...when it came to stickers, it looks like some a pre-applied on this new set. Which is fine, as long as they're aligned. There's a nice look at them (Ramjet, I think) over in TFW.

You know, I just might pick these up. I'd seriously hope that they'd reissue the first three though in a set like this, sometime in the relative future. I'm not really a seeker guy but they'd look nice on my G1 shelf.

There is no pre-applied. Full sticker sheet for you to apply.

DuG
05-20-2015, 03:43 PM
This was too good of a deal to pass up so I ordered them last night. Now my Ramjet tattoo on my butt will have a G1 counterpart to go with.

Javienn
05-25-2015, 10:11 PM
Got my 3-pack in the mail today. Couldn't wait to get them out and put some stickers on. They are great!

-Jav

Hawkeye
05-26-2015, 06:55 AM
I caved as Ramjet and Thrust are two of my favourite Decepticon jets and I've never owned a G1 seeker mold. For this price, it was a no-brainer for me. Should arrive today, I'm very excited!

thebobkat
05-26-2015, 04:17 PM
Mine just got delivered to my office. They look good, but I can't open them until I get home :P Playing with toys at my desk doesn't go over well with my boss lol.

pandaprime
05-26-2015, 09:32 PM
Just opened my rather large box and it was really stuffed with those little air packs/baggies so they certainly didn't skimp on packing material like other companies. The toy box itself was totally fine and looks good.

Hawkeye
05-27-2015, 06:58 AM
Mine just came in a grey shipping bag, no padding or anything. I don't really care about the box, so it wasn't a big deal.

The planes are cool, I'm glad to finally have them, but man those stickers are junk. Specifically the ones you're supposed to put on the face.

CanBot
05-27-2015, 10:08 AM
Did the original seekers have stickers for the eyes too? I never had the jets as a kid. Part of me wants these guys, but I'm still on the fence. I'd really want them to release a 3 pack of the original trio.

Supernova
05-27-2015, 10:27 AM
You know, if it wasn't for the fact it was such a busy year for me with Combiner Wars, I'd seriously would have considered picking these up.

The planes are cool, I'm glad to finally have them, but man those stickers are junk. Specifically the ones you're supposed to put on the face.

Did the original seekers have stickers for the eyes too? I never had the jets as a kid. Part of me wants these guys, but I'm still on the fence. I'd really want them to release a 3 pack of the original trio.

The eye sticker on my Encore Starscream was pretty bad, too. I imagine if I pull it back out of the box, it's likely fallen off by now!

elburrito
05-27-2015, 10:41 AM
This was too good of a deal to pass up so I ordered them last night. Now my Ramjet tattoo on my butt will have a G1 counterpart to go with.

Uh...is this a reference to the secret toys garden? ;0)

DuG
05-27-2015, 11:01 AM
Uh...is this a reference to the secret toys garden? ;0)

Hahahaha not at all, I have a Decepticon leg sleeve tattoo that spans my entire leg hip to toes.

MULTIPLEX
05-27-2015, 11:06 AM
http://weknowmemes.com/generator/uploads/generated/g1337287178279484593.jpg