PDA

View Full Version : Titan Devastator: how are you going to get one?

CanBot
05-15-2015, 02:30 AM
Friends:

I ask the question because after the considerably difficult time I've had trying to get other Combiner Wars products, I think I'm just going to pre-order from a Canadian shop. This will be a first for me, but I figure with the extra size, it might be worth it to spend the extra bucks just to ensure I get one in a timely manner.

Do you guys think we'll see him in Walmart, or just TRU? Given his price, and the fact I never saw something that size on a Walmart shelf (the biggest I saw was a Stomp n Chomp Grimlock), perhaps he won't even come around Walmart. You gotta figure the box is at least Metroplex sized.

So, I'm gonna just pre-order locally. I thought about going overseas, but that shipping rate must factor in somehow. Plus, I don't see the option at all to pre-order from the Asian websites. Although Takara is apparently planning to release their own version. I'm almost on the fence, really, but I just don't want to miss out.

How bout you guys?

monishb
05-15-2015, 02:35 AM
TRU

bishop
05-15-2015, 02:51 AM
Costco?

Matrix_Holder
05-15-2015, 03:13 AM
Yup.

Sun Swipe Prime
05-15-2015, 03:46 AM
I'm just going to wait for him to show up on shelves. This is a major line and major character from Hasbro. I highly doubt he'll be all that hard to find. IMHO he'll be as hard to find as Metroplex.

As for the rest of the Combiner Wars stuff, same thing. Sure the second wave is just trickling in now, but it'll get here eventually and in a big way. I don't think there's any need to panic.

Look at Generations Roadbuster. It's only now hitting TRU shelves. And lets just say you miss out, which I doubt, you'll still be able to pick it up online, a toy show, or a small local shop.

Somone correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall there being too many shortages of main line stuff, especially early wave stuff. The later waves are the ones that generally get skipped.

Tekkamanraiden
05-15-2015, 07:23 AM
Costco?

That's what I'm hoping.

Longshot
05-15-2015, 07:43 AM
I'm going to travel to Longueuil, Quebec. When I locate Hasbro, I will use my epic ninja skills to enter Hasbro where I will skulk around till I find Devastator and whatever treasures are harboured within those hallowed walls...

Or if it fails, wait till TRU offers up a pre-order and place it through there.

xueyue2
05-15-2015, 08:21 AM
I'm just going to wait for him to show up on shelves. This is a major line and major character from Hasbro. I highly doubt he'll be all that hard to find. IMHO he'll be as hard to find as Metroplex.

As for the rest of the Combiner Wars stuff, same thing. Sure the second wave is just trickling in now, but it'll get here eventually and in a big way. I don't think there's any need to panic.

Look at Generations Roadbuster. It's only now hitting TRU shelves. And lets just say you miss out, which I doubt, you'll still be able to pick it up online, a toy show, or a small local shop.

Somone correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't recall there being too many shortages of main line stuff, especially early wave stuff. The later waves are the ones that generally get skipped.

totally agree!

Supernova
05-15-2015, 08:54 AM
If I had to guess, I'd say it will be on Toysrus.ca during a 25 - 30% off sale late this year or early next (depending on release date).

I'm not figuring on this being hard to buy. Prove me wrong, free market! :D

monishb
05-15-2015, 10:07 AM
Probably won't be hard to find considering the almost 200$ CAD price range.

Darth Cylon
05-15-2015, 10:48 AM
Costco?

That's what I'm hoping.

I'M bidding the same. Costco carry at least one big TF for Xmas. They had Metroplex last year and Supreme and Leader class before. So Devy is very likely possibility.

Bountyan
05-15-2015, 11:18 AM
I'm waiting to see if the Takara one has elbows on all the individual bots. If it does I might pre-order on HLJ. If not I'm not buying it period. I'm happy enough with Giant and it ruins the point of getting a cheapish Devastator if I'll have to buy a bunch of third party arm upgrades for it

CdnCollector420
05-15-2015, 11:29 AM
Wanna try to get local(Canada) if I can, but my local TRU likes spider wire too much

elburrito
05-15-2015, 11:50 AM
Love Devastator, love the size of this toy. But...it looks like more of the hollow crap that Hasbro has been churning out since the FoC line. Look at the Mixmaster foot in combined mode for example. Won't be getting this guy. Just won't fit with the level of detail and quality found even in the Classics line.

jtkv
05-15-2015, 12:03 PM
I'm waiting to see if the Takara one has elbows on all the individual bots.

Has Takara ever changed the molds of the original Hasbro releases?
The paint apps will probably be better, but I doubt they will change the molds.

Supernova
05-15-2015, 12:13 PM
I'm waiting to see if the Takara one has elbows on all the individual bots.

This seems to be quite the persistent rumour. Is it based on anything, though? The preview silhouettes seem to show the same figures from the Hasbro release.

Darth Cylon
05-15-2015, 01:53 PM
Takara and Hasbro share the same mold so it's very unlikely Takara will change it. But Takara will mostly likely make it more G1 cartoon accurate. The thing is the figure was designed to be Devastator so each individual had to scarify somewhat. But I really hate the trend of Hasbro dictating the need to dumb down transformation and make everything hollow. It's just about costing cutting if you ask me.

RNSrobot
05-15-2015, 03:02 PM
If I get him it's at tru on sale.

Bountyan
05-15-2015, 03:13 PM
This seems to be quite the persistent rumour. Is it based on anything, though? The preview silhouettes seem to show the same figures from the Hasbro release.

Scrapper's gun position on the silhouette is impossible if he doesn't have elbows.

Technically they have changed molds before for Japan only release because of Arms Micron, and they released Armor Knight Optimus that had mold changes from the NA release of AOE Leader Prime. I also wasn't expecting a new deluxe motorcycle limb since Hasbro already released a legends one, so I'm just going to wait and see.

Supernova
05-15-2015, 03:39 PM
Scrapper's gun position on the silhouette is impossible if he doesn't have elbows.

Ok, I see what you're getting at there. That will be interesting to see how that shakes out. And yeah, these days, nothing can be truly ruled out, it seems.

One would think, though, that if Takara would redo Scrapper's arms, that they'd at least take another crack at Long Haul's and Hook's while they were at it. Those have to be my biggest issues with the set as a whole.

Tekkamanraiden
05-15-2015, 03:45 PM
It's just about costing cutting if you ask me.

Well yeah, Hercules was $600 and Green Giant was $450. Even with mass production, simplified design and preferred labour rates building it for $200 some compromises are going to have to be made. Besides Hasbro and the retailers both want to make money on it.

Orion Pax
05-16-2015, 10:34 PM
Is he even worth it? Great size but not great in robot mode.. those arms bug me.
Is the 3rd party ones not better? Or is it just because its a lot less then those are?

joshimus
05-16-2015, 10:39 PM
Probably TRU.CA. Never saw MMPR Titanus in stores and that is 200, but got it ages ago from my TRU.CA preorder...so may do the same with Devestator. Also, depending on how much Takara's is and IF it's worth the extra, I may consider that instead...maybe. Big IF.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
05-16-2015, 10:43 PM
I'm just going to sit back and watch as the store shelves reach a superheated plasma state.

There's no way I'm letting something as poorly made as this appears to be while still being huge enough to take up an unreasonable amount of shelf space into my collection. The War in Pocket version looks decent, though.

Bountyan
05-16-2015, 11:08 PM
The War in Pocket version looks decent, though.

Yeah that one looks great, might be my favorite modern Constructicons/Devastator design (3rd party and official). I really like how they made it so the chestplate doesn't even have to partsform by making it from Hook's crane. Creative and effective.

joshimus
05-17-2015, 12:52 AM
I need to keep tabs on that Pocket Dev. Has preorders come up for it yet?

Akroyer
05-17-2015, 08:37 AM
Passing as much as I hate too, but just don't really like the look of him.

CanBot
05-17-2015, 03:23 PM
The reason I'm getting this set is simple: even without the articulation, the size...all that, these guys just reek of G1! Sure, I would have liked a different style Mixmaster (older) and a few other tweaks, but this is the real deal.

My only problem is do I preorder now or wait for the Takara version. Hoping Anime Export has them for preorder.

CanBot
05-22-2015, 03:04 AM
Taking a look at some of these Hasbro Devy pics, I'm not really sure how much more 'cartoon accurate' a Takara version would be after all.

The head sculpt has the red eyes, and the colours seem to match up with the alternate Encore Devy.

What do you guys think the differences may be, if any? I don't see them making any big mold changes, but have they in the past?

Bountyan
05-22-2015, 03:33 AM
Taking a look at some of these Hasbro Devy pics, I'm not really sure how much more 'cartoon accurate' a Takara version would be after all.

The head sculpt has the red eyes, and the colours seem to match up with the alternate Encore Devy.

What do you guys think the differences may be, if any? I don't see them making any big mold changes, but have they in the past?

Purple hands for one.

Jove
05-22-2015, 07:23 AM
Already pre-ordered from Automaton.

There will be too much going on in my life this summer/fall to risk the hunt.

jjwankenobi
05-22-2015, 12:13 PM
Mild interest so if I spot these guys instore at a TRU, great. No size comparisons to MPs found on-line (understandable) so I'd really have to see that before committing.

Seeing into the future through The Force I see this being more readily available than most anticipate. It could even be a shelfwarmer given the size and MSRP. Cool that it's a set with all 6 but most toy-buying parents and their kids couldn't give a shit about some big green construction vehicle robot.

That's our job ;) .

But if TRU decides to stock this as a "collectors item" (i.e., in slow trickles like Hasbro MP-10 or MP Grimlock) then mayhem shall ensue no doubt.

Darth Cylon
05-22-2015, 01:39 PM
I foresee..
1. Hasbro mass retail crap version
2. Hasbro SDCC exclusive and Hasbro Asia Hong Kong Ani-con exclusive
3. Takara's most obsessively G1 toon screen accurate version
4. Hasbro devastatingly weird colour Platinum Edition.

thebobkat
05-22-2015, 01:48 PM
Here's some good photos that gives a better idea of the size/scale:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/devastator-inhand-images-with-size-comparisons/32984/

Transbot90210
05-22-2015, 01:53 PM
I will go to a store and buy it like I did with Metroplex. Hopefully Costco decides to carry this guy so I can get him for under $100 :P

CanBot
05-23-2015, 11:53 PM
I just checked out some pics of the SDCC Devastator version, and it looks to have purple chrome and other blinginess. With the price tag to match, it's safe to say I won't be trying to hard to acquire one.

But...do you guys think that the Takara version will mimic this SDCC one? I wasn't around in the early stages of Gen Metroplex, but I know there was an SDCC version...with some added chrome and paint and such. Did Takara release a different version than that for Japan?

If that is what the Takara Devy is going to look like, I'm going to go for Hasbro.

Darth Cylon
05-24-2015, 01:45 AM
I just checked out some pics of the SDCC Devastator version, and it looks to have purple chrome and other blinginess. With the price tag to match, it's safe to say I won't be trying to hard to acquire one.

But...do you guys think that the Takara version will mimic this SDCC one? I wasn't around in the early stages of Gen Metroplex, but I know there was an SDCC version...with some added chrome and paint and such. Did Takara release a different version than that for Japan?

If that is what the Takara Devy is going to look like, I'm going to go for Hasbro.

I don't think anyone here work for Takara's TF team, and if even Takara has someone monitoring this board, he/she wouldn't say anything. So why ask question to trouble yourself when Takara is going to release picture of their version sooner or later.

Also unless you are going to SDCC, all conventions exclusives are money grab. Especially Hasbro.

Takara's standard releases are often (if not always) even better than Hasbro's SDCC exclusive.

Case in point. Titan Metroplex:
http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Titan-Metroplex-Takara-3.jpg

CanBot
05-24-2015, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the info. It's the chrome I'm kinda worried about...no Devastator I want will have any coloured chrome on it. I see that the face of Tak Metroplex has chrome, but I guess it's all speculation. If they go the G1 route as they have for their other combiners, it should turn out well.

Thanks again.

Bountyan
05-24-2015, 02:23 AM
I think the Takara one is going to end up being a mix between the Hasbro retail release and the SDCC exclusive with some of their own twists like purple hands. We already know it's most likely going to have the cartoon visor head from the silhouette.

I also hope they avoid chrome. I don't like it at all on either version of Metroplex, especially on the face. The best version of Metroplex to me is the Hasbro regular release but with my own paint apps.

AutobotCBL01
05-24-2015, 09:11 AM
yup

Pgianos
05-24-2015, 01:41 PM
First can I find out how or where they will be selling it?

lothos
05-25-2015, 01:45 AM
How will I get it? Piece by piece (eventually). May take a year but no way is Hasbro or Takara not going to EVENTUALLY release them individually... 150+ is just way too much to drop all at once around Christmas...

CanBot
05-25-2015, 02:44 AM
How will I get it? Piece by piece (eventually). May take a year but no way is Hasbro or Takara not going to EVENTUALLY release them individually... 150+ is just way too much to drop all at once around Christmas...

Do you really think so? I've never even considered it, but I suppose anything can happen.

lothos
05-25-2015, 03:01 AM
It's a new mold if I read correctly... I can't see them NOT re-using it. Plus it's not like all of us can afford something like that all in one go... They would be ignoring a huge amount of potential money from their fanbase albeit spread out over a longer time...

Chigimus
05-25-2015, 03:06 AM
Here's some good photos that gives a better idea of the size/scale:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/devastator-inhand-images-with-size-comparisons/32984/

http://static.seibertron.com/images/news/gfx/1432283308_Dev2.jpg

Looking at him straight on, he seems really disproportionate, and I don't just mean out of scale with the rest of the combiners. Most people don't seem to care that he's an oversized figure compared to the rest of the combiners, so I won't bother going into that.

But Devastator himself is a weird mismatch of sizes. The torso and chest plate very much stand out to me as being overly large compared to his head and arms. The head seems a little shrunken on this body and I think it needs to be about 50% bigger than what is now. And although the arms are at an acceptable length, they're much too thin and lack girth compared to the bulk of the torso. The legs could be a touch shorter (not by much), but the real problem is that the knee bend is placed way too far up the thigh to be considered an appropriate knee joint.

Probably going to skip this altogether unfortunately which is a shame considering he's long overdue for an official modernization.

Chigimus
05-25-2015, 03:09 AM
It's a new mold if I read correctly... I can't see them NOT re-using it. Plus it's not like all of us can afford something like that all in one go... They would be ignoring a huge amount of potential money from their fanbase albeit spread out over a longer time...

Titan Metroplex's mold has only been used just once and it's nearly 2 years old...

lothos
05-25-2015, 03:22 AM
Yeah and if Devastator was a single solid guy I would see that.... but he's made of 6 guys which means easier to sell later if they want.

Sun Swipe Prime
05-25-2015, 04:00 PM
[
But Devastator himself is a weird mismatch of sizes. The torso and chest plate very much stand out to me as being overly large compared to his head and arms. The head seems a little shrunken on this body and I think it needs to be about 50% bigger than what is now. And although the arms are at an acceptable length, they're much too thin and lack girth compared to the bulk of the torso. The legs could be a touch shorter (not by much), but the real problem is that the knee bend is placed way too far up the thigh to be considered an appropriate knee joint.

I think this picture makes him look a little bit better.

http://i.imgur.com/6OG5TZN.jpg

And the SDCC version's head IMHO looks better.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-KNj0P-hfYLs/VV5fAIVYCXI/AAAAAAAAbTE/byq46crfOZo/w640-h400-p-k/Devastator.jpg

I agree the head looks too small and the knees look to be too high, but the actual leg length IMHO is about right.

Here's looking at you 3rd party for new head.

down_shift
05-25-2015, 04:27 PM
I'm waiting until I see what the Unite Warriors set looks like or I might go one step further with the AVG set.

Unite Warriors might have a Scrapper that actually has bendable elbows and that's kind of a deal breaker to me. If the AVG set has the elbows and a better paint app then sign me up.

Grimtron
05-25-2015, 04:39 PM
I wish they made him the same size as the other combiners from CW so it fits nice in the collection. This makes him an easy pass. Hasbro/Takara could had easily made the Titan figure this year Trypticon to go with Metroplex and let Devastator be CW size.

Probably be able to find this guy at Winners like YOTH OP or TRU Clearance.

CanBot
05-30-2015, 05:20 PM
There's some greats shots of Devy on the other site, a new back shot. Looking better and better to me each day! I'm stoked.

By the way, do you guys think that Takara will release their Titan Devy under the Unite Warriors line?...or something on its own?

xueyue2
05-30-2015, 05:28 PM
It's released in China already. See more pictures here.
http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3797021404

Northstar Fist!
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=28643&d=1433021303

mrluthor
05-30-2015, 07:58 PM
I will order one from TRU.ca but I think Takara might release one with a G1 style Mixmaster or IDW Prowl version.

CanBot
05-31-2015, 12:23 AM
I will order one from TRU.ca but I think Takara might release one with a G1 style Mixmaster or IDW Prowl version.

I don't care about IDW Prowl, but I certainly hope they make some G1 style choices. TBH, though, this one looks pretty freakin' fantastic as it is. I won't miss the purple arms. The head sculpt is cartoon enough for me. A different Mixmaster would be awesome but something tells me all that's going to be different is the paint and decal scheme.

I'll order from TRU.ca if the price is right...and return it if the Takara one turns out to be worthwhile. I'm just afraid of shipping this beast from Japan. It's going to be a pretty big box.

Bountyan
06-19-2015, 11:58 PM
I'm waiting to see if the Takara one has elbows on all the individual bots. If it does I might pre-order on HLJ. If not I'm not buying it period. I'm happy enough with Giant and it ruins the point of getting a cheapish Devastator if I'll have to buy a bunch of third party arm upgrades for it

hahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

thebobkat
06-20-2015, 12:15 AM
http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/06/19/tokyo-toy-show-transformers-panel-roundup-masterpiece-ironhide-unitw-warriors-devastator-more-293880

Remolded elbows/arms on some of the Takara UW constructions, along with individual weapons, better paint apps. Devy's head has a flipdown visor.

CanBot
06-20-2015, 12:45 AM
It's awesome alright. I have too many thoughts on different threads about the same stuff, though...I put a pre-order at TRU before the link went down. I have my confirmation, but am now considering pulling it in anticipation of Tak Devy.

It is a GOOD DAY!

Pgianos
06-20-2015, 10:11 AM
For me it all comes down to Takara price and shipping on a box that big and a credible threat for customs...im guessing without customs it will be 350.. but like many people i preodered hasbro and will return it if tak is worth it

Darth Cylon
06-20-2015, 10:32 AM
Given the exchange rate, Takara Dev may not actually be too much more than what TRU wants to charge you If you pre-order early with discount. As for shipping, I am using a large scale Gunpla kit as estimate. Expect at least $60 shipping with EMS.

But let's face it. You are paying more for much more superior figures.

theoneyouknowleast
06-20-2015, 11:36 AM
I've never ordered a Takara figure before, where are some places I should look for once the pre-order start flowing?

Bountyan
06-20-2015, 12:15 PM
I've never ordered a Takara figure before, where are some places I should look for once the pre-order start flowing?

HLJ, anime-export, amiami

joshimus
06-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Yeah I am tempted to cancel my TRU.ca pre-order and go with Takara

Masta_Skidz
06-20-2015, 12:40 PM
Hasbro for Combined and TT for individual

joshimus
06-20-2015, 01:49 PM
Hasbro for Combined and TT for individual

Both? That's a good point. I was considering 2 with Hasbro, one to mode and repaint and one to have, so why not just go with Takara and a Hasbro?!

Now I just have to decide on that War in Packet Hulkie at a staggering 160USD...cause I kinda want that too.
Devestator has always been my fav combiner.

CanBot
06-21-2015, 01:43 AM
I was considering both, but really, there's too much that I like in combined mode with Tak D. Still haven't cancelled yet with TRU.

Goaliebot
06-21-2015, 06:51 AM
I'll pay $100 more (to my door) for the Takara one. Any higher a price difference and I'm not so sure... Dem some pricey elbows.

wervenom
06-21-2015, 10:28 AM
Re: Titan Devastator: how are you going to get one?

Hopefully from Takara

canprime
06-21-2015, 11:37 AM
Honestly Takara's price would have to be (all in, customs, taxes, etc) no more than $250 for me to bite. I know that isn't going to happen, but Hasbro's version will be priced below $150 somewhere in the holiday season. Which is about right for this set. Sorry but elbows, guns and paint apps aren't enough for me to spend the money for Takara's version.

insane666
06-21-2015, 11:55 AM
Honestly Takara's price would have to be (all in, customs, taxes, etc) no more than $250 for me to bite. I know that isn't going to happen, but Hasbro's version will be priced below $150 somewhere in the holiday season. Which is about right for this set. Sorry but elbows, guns and paint apps aren't enough for me to spend the money for Takara's version.

x2. I preordered through TRU and no matter what Takara did, I was sticking with Hasbro's version. Have to draw the line somewhere in terms of spending money.

riders80
06-21-2015, 04:20 PM
Had a friend check the computers at Costco and they are going to be selling the Hasbro Devastator set.

canprime
06-21-2015, 04:34 PM
Had a friend check the computers at Costco and they are going to be selling the Hasbro Devastator set.

Cha-ching!!!!!!!!

Sweet. I doubt it will be the $80 I paid for Metroplex at Costco, but hopefully under $150.

Can you ask your friend if they have a price yet in the system.

riders80
06-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Cha-ching!!!!!!!!

Sweet. I doubt it will be the $80 I paid for Metroplex at Costco, but hopefully under $150.

Can you ask your friend if they have a price yet in the system.

The price has been set, But he told not to say anything about it yet. I saw the price while he was lookng it up and it will be significantly cheaper than TOYSRUS.

monishb
06-21-2015, 11:28 PM
Japan

ccsquinty
06-21-2015, 11:49 PM
The price has been set, But he told not to say anything about it yet. I saw the price while he was lookng it up and it will be significantly cheaper than TOYSRUS.

how about a release date that it will be in costco shelfs?

Gumby
06-22-2015, 12:17 AM
Both Hasbro and Takara versions look great!

Pgianos
06-22-2015, 11:06 AM
Just tell us the damn price

down_shift
06-22-2015, 12:28 PM
So now that I know the Takara version has:

- Better paint
- New individual weapons
- Devastator head gimmick for the visor
- Scrapper & Longhaul get proper elbows
- Mixmaster & Hook get better elbows
- Bonecrusher and Scavenger have better knees

It's pretty clear to me I will be getting this version.

MULTIPLEX
06-22-2015, 12:42 PM
Is there a side by side comparison pic of Tak vs Hasbro yet? The SDCC one is not selling me with the faded purple chrome. But that might just be flash effect.

Nguyennh
06-22-2015, 01:12 PM
i emailed A3U hoping to switch has to tak @@ its so beautiful

jtkv
06-22-2015, 01:15 PM
I guess the new elbows and knees don't matter if one was to keep them in combined mode?
I'm sure Reprolables will come out with a set to improve the paint apps of Hasbro Devastator..

insane666
06-22-2015, 01:18 PM

I say BS. Costco wouldn't know who your friend is and what would it hurt just to post a price?

Darth Cylon
06-22-2015, 01:28 PM
I guess the new elbows and knees don't matter if one was to keep them in combined mode?
I'm sure Reprolables will come out with a set to improve the paint apps of Hasbro Devastator..

It does matter. The remolded elbows and double jointed arms on Takara Scrapper, Long Haul, Hook and Mixmaster will actually look to add more leverage and will be more stable.

And if it turns out to be true, Takara using hinge/swivel joint instead of Hasbro’s balljoint on Bonecrusher’s and Scavenger’s knees will add more to make overall structure stronger too. ball joints are cheap and weak and can break easily.

Darth Cylon
06-22-2015, 01:36 PM
I say BS. Costco wouldn't know who your friend is and what would it hurt just to post a price?

If his friend works at Costco, then why wouldn't Costco know him/her? Have you ever worked at retail? Employee disclosing costs/price to customers before sale would be a just cause for termination. So yes it would hurt A LOT to post a price if he/she is found out.

xueyue2
06-22-2015, 01:47 PM
If his friend works at Costco, then why wouldn't Costco know him/her? Have you ever worked at retail? Employee disclosing costs/price to customers before sale would be a just cause for termination. So yes it would hurt A LOT to post a price if he/she is found out.

Unless he gave out his friend's name here, otherwise how can Costco tell?

insane666
06-22-2015, 01:51 PM

Do you know how many people work at Costco? Try tracking down one anonymous employee based on a message a friend of his posted using an alias on a message board they may or may not be aware of. :doh:

Pgianos
06-22-2015, 03:57 PM
Exactly.... Costco would have to subpoena the ops up address...I call big bullshit....high level diplomats give to journalists anonymous info

Pgianos
06-22-2015, 04:01 PM
TRU employees do it all the time... what would Costco have to lose?

Pgianos
06-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Do you know how many people work at Costco? Try tracking down one anonymous employee based on a message a friend of his posted using an alias on a message board they may or may not be aware of. :doh:

Word to big bird! I think this guy wants all if us not to buy it from TRU so he can buy them all then scalp them.... yup yup

Supernova
06-22-2015, 04:18 PM
You know, folks, instead of getting all riled up, we could all just do the sensible thing and wait and see what happens.

If Devy is released at Costco at some ridiculously nice price, as riders80 is claiming, then that's great. If not, then go right ahead and burn him at the stake. :p :D

Until then, let's just leave it as a rumour.

The 12th Prime
06-22-2015, 05:14 PM
If I want one I may pre order the Takara one, most of the Takara figures I've gotten are being ignored and clearenced for the same as retail over here. So money saved can be money spent on figures that may not make clearance.

Gumby
06-22-2015, 10:07 PM
It hasn't been announced (I don't think) but any idea how much the Takara version will cost?

CanBot
06-23-2015, 12:35 AM
By the time Costco confirms or denies, I'll have to pay the TRU price. I'm leaning towards taking the gamble...Metroplex seemed to be rumoured, and it showed up. Devy seems to be headed that way as well. But maybe only the larger Costcos will get them: last year, our Coscto didnt get AOE Leader Bumblebee. Go figure.

Sure would suck to cancel my TRU pre-order though, just in case Costco doesn't get them. I've gotta decide soon before I'm obligated to buy.

canprime
06-23-2015, 07:28 AM
By the time Costco confirms or denies, I'll have to pay the TRU price. I'm leaning towards taking the gamble...Metroplex seemed to be rumoured, and it showed up. Devy seems to be headed that way as well. But maybe only the larger Costcos will get them: last year, our Coscto didnt get AOE Leader Bumblebee. Go figure.

Sure would suck to cancel my TRU pre-order though, just in case Costco doesn't get them. I've gotta decide soon before I'm obligated to buy.

Why? Are you really that worried that Devastator won't be widely available when it's released?

xueyue2
06-23-2015, 09:36 AM

This time I think the Japanese version is much better, I will order from Japan for sure. So even I can't find Devastator in local stores like TRU, Walmart or Costco (which I doubt), I'm fine with it.

joshimus
06-23-2015, 11:53 AM
My next battle is War in Pocket Hulkie. A legends scale Devestator at a Titan Devestator price...Umm...Seriously need to think about this one. One one hand, I'd love a legends scale Dev to go with Metro and Fort Max and my autobot city...but 160 Usd?? I dunno. I mean I can justify Hasbro and Takara's at that price...but something 1/4 the size?...eeehhh..

tusko
06-23-2015, 12:51 PM
I'm hoping for a Costco release!
The size matches their business model.

CBII
06-23-2015, 03:13 PM

I'm hoping this true.

I know there is another board member who's wife works at Costco and has confirmed Costco exclusives (with prices) in the past.

Hopefully they see this and can double confirm this.

I'm thinking Canprime or something along those lines???? Hopefully someone else recalls this and can help fill the gaps

riders80
06-23-2015, 04:38 PM
Alrighty everyone, I apologize for not confirming the price for Devs. (If you wanted the sku number for the product here it is: item# 944196. I checked this mourning and there is no release date given yet.

CanBot
06-24-2015, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the tip, I'll run the SKU by a buddy who works there. If it's a hit, I'm in. I'm just hoping all the Costcos will get them, not just the bigger ones.

Pgianos
06-24-2015, 06:34 AM
Ive got someone working on it too! Ill get you the results ASAP..thanks for the sku

xueyue2
06-24-2015, 07:52 AM
Good, looking forward to that.
Beside price, please also check the date and availability in what stores if you can.

DCompose
06-24-2015, 08:10 AM
He's out in Australia today! So hopefully he'll make it to North America soon. I'm buying it on the spot.

CBII
06-24-2015, 01:10 PM
Alrighty everyone, I apologize for not confirming the price for Devs. (If you wanted the sku number for the product here it is: item# 944196. I checked this mourning and there is no release date given yet.

Thanks for the tip, I'll run the SKU by a buddy who works there. If it's a hit, I'm in. I'm just hoping all the Costcos will get them, not just the bigger ones.

Ive got someone working on it too! Ill get you the results ASAP..thanks for the sku

AWESOME! Thanks for looking into it guys.

WereDragon EX
06-24-2015, 02:50 PM
Sorry if this sounds like a totally noob question, but I'm new to this, so I was wondering, what is the SKU and what is it used for? I see a number of people mentioning it and using it to apparently get some sort of deals, but I don't know the specifics. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Darth Cylon
06-24-2015, 03:33 PM
Sorry if this sounds like a totally noob question, but I'm new to this, so I was wondering, what is the SKU and what is it used for? I see a number of people mentioning it and using it to apparently get some sort of deals, but I don't know the specifics. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

SKU = Stock Keeping Unit
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_keeping_unit
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/stock-keeping-unit-sku.asp

ccsquinty
06-24-2015, 03:37 PM
the Costco price will be $139.99

Tekkamanraiden
06-24-2015, 03:45 PM

If that's true i'm buying the first one I can find.

ccsquinty
06-24-2015, 03:46 PM
Someone from Costco looked it up for me

WereDragon EX
06-24-2015, 04:35 PM
SKU = Stock Keeping Unit
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_keeping_unit
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/s/stock-keeping-unit-sku.asp

Well, ok. So, what exactly do you do with the SKU? Do you bring it to the store and ask a cashier to look it up in order to get some sort of discount on the product that the SKU is tied to?

xueyue2
06-24-2015, 04:49 PM

Thank you Sir!
Costco 140 VS TRU 190, so glad I"m a member. Even just this one shot save me the membership fee.

thebobkat
06-24-2015, 05:02 PM
Here's a helpful infographic of the differences between Hasbro and Takara Devastator if you're trying to decide. And some info on planned 3rd Party add-ons/improvements.

http://thepowwowshow.net/titan-devastator-hasbro-vs-takara/

The 12th Prime
06-24-2015, 05:13 PM
It hasn't been announced (I don't think) but any idea how much the Takara version will cost?

The pics are in the Tokyo Toy Fair thread on TFW, moving elbows, knees and such. It's going to be glorious, Takara is going balls out with Defensor and Devastator. Maybe only TF's that start with D get the most love over there. I've got Hercules so I don't have to get one but if it falls in my lap I won't say no ;)

CBII
06-24-2015, 05:31 PM

Nice, Slightly higher then I expected but I'll take it!:raisetheroof:

CanBot
06-24-2015, 08:10 PM
Good work, guys. $140 beats $179 plus tax...but I just may hang onto the TRU.ca Devy just in case my local Costco doesn't get it. The price is higher than what I thought it would be, but that's ok because Costco has no problems with price matching. I'm going to leave it sealed just in case for the drop if they have any extras after Christmas.

Akroyer
06-24-2015, 08:25 PM
I'll have to look out for Costco I'd buy at that price if I find him.

ccsquinty
06-24-2015, 09:18 PM
I think all costco will have...

Metroplex was found everywhere in costcos....i even returned mine to costco cuz got a better price at sears

Dangard Ace
06-24-2015, 09:40 PM
Not all Costco's had Metroplex. Costco @Downsview never got it.

jtkv
06-24-2015, 09:41 PM
As far as I recall, Metroplex was only available at select Costcos in the GTA area. I was unable to get one as the store was too far to go to... luckily I got one much later at TRU on clearance price.

Hopefully, Devy will be more readily available at more Costco locations...

Metroplex was found everywhere in costcos....i even returned mine to costco cuz got a better price at sears

RNSrobot
06-24-2015, 10:25 PM
Metroplex showed up at all Edmonton costcos I believe.

pside9
06-24-2015, 11:20 PM
I never found Metroplex at the St.Catharines Costco, but hope they'll carry Devy.

Tonestar
06-25-2015, 12:02 AM
Neither the Ajax or the Oshawa Costco got Metroplex either, I was lucky enough to get mine at a TRU and I used a Kellogg's coupon too so I got him for about $100.

CanBot
06-25-2015, 02:23 AM

Lol, I had the exact opposite experience :D I ordered from Sears but returned it when I got my Costco Multiplex. I must have searched that pallet for the perfect box :D at least 10 minutes.

canprime
06-25-2015, 04:50 AM
Not all Costco's had Metroplex. Costco @Downsview never got it.

Are you talking about the Costco right off the 401 near Yorkdale Mall? Because if you are, they did get Metroplex, that is where I bought mine when they came out at Costco.

Longshot
06-25-2015, 06:34 AM
To elbow or not to elbow? That is the question...

thebobkat
06-25-2015, 01:25 PM
Here's a closer look at the SDCC version. So inconsistent with their purple chrome parts. I kinda like the box though.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/more-inhand-images-of-transformers-combiner-wars-sdcc-devastator/33308/

down_shift
06-25-2015, 01:34 PM
Here's a closer look at the SDCC version. So inconsistent with their purple chrome parts. I kinda like the box though.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/more-inhand-images-of-transformers-combiner-wars-sdcc-devastator/33308/

The chrome all looks good in person.

thebobkat
06-25-2015, 01:37 PM
The chrome all looks good in person.

I'm sure it does, but I'm saying that they use if for some of the purple parts but not others...seems a bit haphazard IMO.

down_shift
06-25-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm sure it does, but I'm saying that they use if for some of the purple parts but not others...seems a bit haphazard IMO.

Ah, I see what you mean now.

MULTIPLEX
06-25-2015, 04:48 PM
Yah that purple is just too different for me. Thanks for pointing that out.

Dangard Ace
06-25-2015, 04:49 PM
Are you talking about the Costco right off the 401 near Yorkdale Mall? Because if you are, they did get Metroplex, that is where I bought mine when they came out at Costco.

I dropped by there every week. Never saw it there.

ccsquinty
06-27-2015, 12:25 AM
Lol, I had the exact opposite experience :D I ordered from Sears but returned it when I got my Costco Multiplex. I must have searched that pallet for the perfect box :D at least 10 minutes.

It was on sale at sears... For $60

So had to return the one i had from Costco....

CanBot
06-27-2015, 01:18 AM
Wow!...I had to use a coupon to get SearsPlex for $120 and I thought I was getting a deal :) Nice score, dude.

Goaliebot
07-02-2015, 12:38 PM
Well, there we go: $220 usd for Takara Devy.

That's $276 cdn as of today, plus shipping and 13% HST (in Ontario) makes it at least $312 cdn plus shipping. If someone can do $20 shipping within Canada, it's $332 to your door, or approx $130 cdn more than Hasbro's to my door from Toys R Us after the $10 coupon and free shipping.

And if Costco rumors/reports are true and you're a member, that's $158 after 13% tax, making ~$320-$330 for Takara's literally more than twice the price.

Decisions, decisions...

Anyone interested in a group buy from an Asian retailer like HLJ or AE? Split shipping costs? He's 25,000 yen MSRP which is $255 cdn today. If some of the sites do the usual 20% under MSRP then that's 20,000 yen or $204 cdn. Shipping would be massive, but perhaps several at once and split between buyers it could be made reasonable?
Almost certainly would still get hit with the taxes and fees though.

Darth Cylon
07-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Well, there we go: $220 usd for Takara Devy.

That's $276 cdn as of today, plus shipping and 13% HST (in Ontario) makes it at least $312 cdn plus shipping. If someone can do $20 shipping within Canada, it's $332 to your door, or approx $130 cdn more than Hasbro's to my door from Toys R Us after the $10 coupon and free shipping.

And if Costco rumors/reports are true and you're a member, that's $158 after 13% tax, making ~$320-$330 for Takara's literally more than twice the price.

Decisions, decisions...

Anyone interested in a group buy from an Asian retailer like HLJ or AE? Split shipping costs? He's 25,000 yen MSRP which is $255 cdn today. If some of the sites do the usual 20% under MSRP then that's 20,000 yen or $204 cdn. Shipping would be massive, but perhaps several at once and split between buyers it could be made reasonable?
Almost certainly would still get hit with the taxes and fees though.

Takara did not even announce the Japanese MSRP on UW04 at the Tokyo Toy Show. All the North American importers just posted up they PO with inflated price like their PO for MP. Think US$100 at BBTS vs $50 if you PO from Japan.

Also UW-04 will come in a big box it's be better to ship individually any way.

I'd just hold off until Takara officially announce the price and wait for the PO discount from Japanese shops.

thebobkat
07-02-2015, 01:37 PM
Hmm...Hasbro Devy + PE add-on kit, or just get the Takara Devy? like PE stuff but they're always pretty expensive. Though the Prowl head is neat.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/07/02/perfect-effect-add-on-kits-for-combiner-wars-devastator-295343

Masta_Skidz
07-02-2015, 02:45 PM
that P.E kit is very tempting so I think I might get that instead of Takara unless I can find one reasonably priced 350+ is turning away for now until I hear a more solid price

laffy
07-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Hmm...Hasbro Devy + PE add-on kit, or just get the Takara Devy? like PE stuff but they're always pretty expensive. Though the Prowl head is neat.

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/07/02/perfect-effect-add-on-kits-for-combiner-wars-devastator-295343

Im all over this set i hope slayback will be getting this in :)

protoform_ironhide
07-02-2015, 03:06 PM
They better announce the price for that add-on set before I jump on the Takara version. After all, I don't think I will use that head, I just want those articulated arms, hands + those accessories. No way I will get these add-on if the price add up to be about the same as the Takara version of him.

CanBot
07-02-2015, 03:51 PM
Gotta wait for AE and HLJ, these other retailers are jacking up the price...for good reason, i suppose, but i wont bite at those prices. Not when i can get one from Costco, hasbro that is. Patience should win the day.

lothos
07-02-2015, 04:50 PM
It was on sale at sears... For $60

So had to return the one i had from Costco....

Yeah Sears is one place i completely wouldn't think to look for Transformers even though it totally makes sense. Another place (unless they have re-organized it into oblivion) would be The Bay.

Einstein
07-02-2015, 06:27 PM
I work at Costco. So I can confirm the following, ALL OF THIS IS TRUE.

Devastator will be $139.99 and will only be available at 20 of the Canadian Costco Warehouses.

These are the warehouses it will be available at in September:

Quebec City
Laval
Kitchener
Sherbrooke
Pointe Claire
South Mississauga
Kanata
Vaughan
Brampton Dry
St. Bruno Bay
Ancaster
Guelph
Central Mississauga
Saskatoon
North Edmonton
Red Deer
South Edmonton
Northwest Calgary
Sherwood Park
Airdrie Dry

NO OTHER Costco will have him.

Metroplex was similar, only he was available at slightly more Costco's.

The sku number is 944196

You can all thank me later.

Darth Cylon
07-02-2015, 06:47 PM

Devastator will be $139.99 and will only be available at 20 of the Canadian Costco Warehouses.

Quebec City
Laval
Kitchener
Sherbrooke
Pointe Claire
South Mississauga
Kanata
Vaughan
Brampton Dry
St. Bruno Bay
Ancaster
Guelph
Central Mississauga
Saskatoon
North Edmonton
Red Deer
South Edmonton
Northwest Calgary
Sherwood Park
Airdrie Dry

The sku number is 944196

You can all thatnk me later.

Are you sure? Not a single Costco in BC? Not even the massive Willingdon location where Costco's Western HQ is located?

Einstein
07-02-2015, 06:52 PM
Are you sure? Not a single Costco in BC? Not even the massive Willingdon location where Costco's Western HQ is located?

Yup, checked the entire computer system today for both Eastern and Western Canada.

Not a single one in NB or NS or NFLD either.

Costco only has one HQ in Canada, and that's in Ottawa, there's no such thing as a western HQ.

Darth Cylon
07-02-2015, 06:57 PM
Yup, checked the entire computer system today for both Eastern and Western Canada.

Not a single one in NB or NS or NFLD either.

Costco only has one HQ in Canada, and that's in Ottawa, there's no such thing as a western HQ.

Costco has office in Burnaby BC and Ottawa. But I guess you could say Burnaby is a "regional" office.

Einstein
07-02-2015, 06:59 PM
I will add, I suppose it is possible they could add more warehouses to this list, but as it stands in the computer system right now, this is all the ones getting it.

I will add, even with Metroplex, it was slightly more of the warehouses that got him, so I suppose anything is possible.

But if I were you guys and you are not near one of these warehouses, I'd start finding another way to get him.

I'll know more as the date gets closer.

Einstein
07-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Costco has office in Burnaby BC and Ottawa. But I guess you could say Burnaby is a "regional" office.

Yes, that would be more accurate.

wervenom
07-02-2015, 07:07 PM
That's ok I say thank you now lol

Mike
07-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Will eventually grab the takara version, I'll be putting this guy with my MasterPiece collection (which I've yet to start) lol trying to finish off all the main cast in the main series first (G1, Movie, Prime, RID, Armada, etc)

positivelyken
07-02-2015, 08:26 PM

Quebec City
Laval
Kitchener
Sherbrooke
Pointe Claire
South Mississauga
Kanata
Vaughan
Brampton Dry
St. Bruno Bay
Ancaster
Guelph
Central Mississauga
Saskatoon
North Edmonton
Red Deer
South Edmonton
Northwest Calgary
Sherwood Park
Airdrie Dry

The sku number is 944196

Nothing for Manitoba? :(

CanBot
07-02-2015, 08:27 PM
I find it extremely hard to believe that not one BC Costco will get one. I guess we'll find out in a couple months, but why would the SKU show up in our local Costco computer if they're not getting any in stock? Perhaps they will be online? In any case, i still find it very difficult to believe.

timcrook
07-02-2015, 08:34 PM
I wonder if this is cause Costco can't order enough or doesn't want to order enough.

Einstein
07-02-2015, 08:40 PM
I find it extremely hard to believe that not one BC Costco will get one. I guess we'll find out in a couple months, but why would the SKU show up in our local Costco computer if they're not getting any in stock? Perhaps they will be online? In any case, i still find it very difficult to believe.

Because Ottawa's buyers put the sku's in the system, all of Canada uses the same system, it has nothing to do with each warehouse. TRU, Wal*Mart, they all do it the same way. It is just a number.

I can tell you I have worked at Costco for some time now and I know how they stock. Transformers are not HUGE sellers for them. Metroplex was a big unit, it ended up on clearance at a lot of warehouses. The main reason there is probably so few warehouses getting Devastator is to see how well he sells.

CanBot
07-02-2015, 08:54 PM
Because Ottawa's buyers put the sku's in the system, all of Canada uses the same system, it has nothing to do with each warehouse. TRU, Wal*Mart, they all do it the same way. It is just a number.

I can tell you I have worked at Costco for some time now and I know how they stock. Transformers are not HUGE sellers for them. Metroplex was a big unit, it ended up on clearance at a lot of warehouses. The main reason there is probably so few warehouses getting Devastator is to see how well he sells.

Makes sense. But what reason would they have to not stock at least one of the largest region of stores in the country? Did Metro sell that poorly that not one Metro Vancouver warehouse will get one? That's just goofy. Unless their data shows these 20 stores are big TF hubs, maybe Metro sold well in those stores? My local store got a lot of Metro, but no AOE BB this past Christmas. I can believe what you're saying but sure would be a shame for those of us not near those stores. Perhaps we can contact our outlets, let them know about it. Might be worthwhile, as Costco is about as pro-customer as it gets.

Goaliebot
07-02-2015, 09:14 PM
Thanks Einstein! Very helpful info!

Einstein
07-02-2015, 09:35 PM
Makes sense. But what reason would they have to not stock at least one of the largest region of stores in the country? Did Metro sell that poorly that not one Metro Vancouver warehouse will get one? That's just goofy. Unless their data shows these 20 stores are big TF hubs, maybe Metro sold well in those stores? My local store got a lot of Metro, but no AOE BB this past Christmas. I can believe what you're saying but sure would be a shame for those of us not near those stores. Perhaps we can contact our outlets, let them know about it. Might be worthwhile, as Costco is about as pro-customer as it gets.

I live in New Brunswick so I can't comment on the Western Canada Warehouses as they have different regional depots and such, but I can tell you everything Costco does, no matter if it's Canada, US, UK, Australia, anywhere, it's all about what sells and where.

Something is telling them these markets are the best. I remember when Metroplex was released, the only warehouse in the entire Maritimes that carried it was St. John's NFLD.

I went to our Manager in charge of merch and asked him to get Saint John some, he said we wouldn't get it as Head Office decides who gets what unless there is tons of demands.

You would have to get thousands of shoppers at your local Costco to ask for this before they'd send any your way to a warehouse that isn't scheduled to get it.

Darth Cylon
07-02-2015, 11:59 PM

Metroplex sold like hot cake in Richmond Costco. I saw a guy loaded up 4 in the cart. Either he is a crazy collector who keeps one in bot mode, one in city mode and one in aircraft carrier mode, a secret Santa who brings toys to poor kids, or he is a scalper.

ccsquinty
07-03-2015, 12:43 AM
Metroplex sold like hot cake in Richmond Costco. I saw a guy loaded up 4 in the cart. Either he is a crazy collector who keeps one in bot mode, one in city mode and one in aircraft carrier mode, a secret Santa who brings toys to poor kids, or he is a scalper.

I didn't see much ppl buy metroplex until it was on clearance...

pandaprime
07-03-2015, 02:13 AM
From 2001

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/costco-to-move-headquarters-to-ottawa-1.269642

The big discount retailer, Costco, is moving its Canadian head office to Ottawa.
Costco Wholesale Corporation will combine offices at Laval, Que., and Burnaby, B.C., in a new building next to the Costco warehouse in Ottawa's west end......
Employees in Burnaby will also have the option to move to Ottawa, but 65 will stay there to run a regional food-buying office.

Costco was left with two Canadian offices after its merger with Price Club. The company runs 59 discount warehouses in Canada, and hundreds more in the United States.

Einstein
07-03-2015, 06:47 AM
From 2001

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/costco-to-move-headquarters-to-ottawa-1.269642

The big discount retailer, Costco, is moving its Canadian head office to Ottawa.
Costco Wholesale Corporation will combine offices at Laval, Que., and Burnaby, B.C., in a new building next to the Costco warehouse in Ottawa's west end......
Employees in Burnaby will also have the option to move to Ottawa, but 65 will stay there to run a regional food-buying office.

Costco was left with two Canadian offices after its merger with Price Club. The company runs 59 discount warehouses in Canada, and hundreds more in the United States.

That information is very old. Costco has over 80 warehouses in Canada now and the Head Office has been on Hunt Club Road for a long time now.

CPrime
07-03-2015, 08:13 AM
The Takara one is up on anime export for 17500 yen. Even with shipping, it looks like the price difference is negligible between that and Hasbro's regular price (if you don't get hit with customs).

down_shift
07-03-2015, 08:33 AM
The Takara one is up on anime export for 17500 yen. Even with shipping, it looks like the price difference is negligible between that and Hasbro's regular price (if you don't get hit with customs).

I was thinking of trying HLJ this time around, but AE is pretty much my go to for these sorts of things. Relatively inexpensive, no custom fee (although with something this big you never know), low shipping cost, and lastly reliable.

jtkv
07-03-2015, 11:44 AM

Takara: 17500YEN = $180CDN + 40CDN shipping = $220CDN estimated, if not hit by duty + fees

Regular Hasbro: $190CDN + 13% tax = $215

Costco Hasbro: $140 +13% tax = $160

Decisions, decisions...

papavader
07-03-2015, 03:13 PM
Probabliy will just grab it at TRU when I see it... or Costco if I get lucky...

thebobkat
07-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Takara: 17500YEN = $180CDN + 40CDN shipping = $220CDN estimated, if not hit by duty + fees

Decisions, decisions...

Plus whatever the Perfect Effect add on kit costs for the Hasbro release. Based on their past pricing, I'm going to guess at least anywhere between $40-$50 CDN.

papavader
07-03-2015, 03:18 PM
Plus whatever the Perfect Effect add on kit costs for the Hasbro release. Based on their past pricing, I'm going to guess at least anywhere between $40-$50 CDN.
Quite expensive but they are really good though!

thebobkat
07-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Quite expensive but they are really good though!

Agreed. Never been disappointed with PE items whether they be add on kits or full figures.

Pgianos
07-03-2015, 03:51 PM
St. John's Costco system says item deleted June 27. Employee said they will not be getting any.

Goaliebot
07-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Yeah I'm leaning toward Costco + PE kit now... End up with an amazing set for the money...

xueyue2
07-03-2015, 05:51 PM
Yeah I'm leaning toward Costco + PE kit now... End up with an amazing set for the money...
Too bad PE has 2 kits for this, if each is 50, together will be 250...

thebobkat
07-03-2015, 05:56 PM

Actually you're right, I didn't realize it was 2 separate sets. Prowlstator head plus improvements (crane arm, shovel arm, etc.) is one set and the new arms/elbows for the individual bots is another. So if you don't really need the Prowlstator set, it probably turns out a bit cheaper.

chinaman99
07-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Anyone order from anime export before? Did you get hit with customs?

nuropa
07-03-2015, 06:53 PM

Decisions, decisions...

you are low on shipping cost. UW01 Superion shipping is $38 from HLJ and $47 from AE. HLJ gives 20% discount instead of 30% so it will be 20000 yen.

xueyue2
07-03-2015, 07:00 PM
Anyone order from anime export before? Did you get hit with customs?

Yes, ordered from them several times, did get hit with customs once, about $20 for the MP18, 19 cars.

Einstein
07-03-2015, 07:06 PM
St. John's Costco system says item deleted June 27. Employee said they will not be getting any.

It says that in every warehouse right now that I did not list. As I said, he's going to be rare at Costco.

Einstein
07-03-2015, 07:07 PM
I'm waiting to see if Nippon Yasan gets it, use them for all my MP's, dirt cheap and no customs.

protoform_ironhide
07-03-2015, 07:14 PM
you are low on shipping cost. UW01 Superion shipping is $38 from HLJ and $47 from AE. HLJ gives 20% discount instead of 30% so it will be 20000 yen.

That's exactly how much shipping I paid for Superion from HLJ too. It is only the mp cars with small box that is cheap on shipping because they can ship as small packet. Devastator has to be way more than 40... That box will be huge... Buyers probably has to use EMS or Fedex if they purchase it from HLJ.

Goaliebot
07-03-2015, 08:55 PM

I only need the little arms kit, the other kit is ok but not huge for me.

Heck, maybe even just the Dr Wu arms would be enough for me...

xueyue2
07-03-2015, 10:32 PM
I only need the little arms kit, the other kit is ok but not huge for me.

Heck, maybe even just the Dr Wu arms would be enough for me...

I need the other set, the most important part is the Mixmaster's new car head, which makes the car mode and Devastator's left foot looks much better.

CBII
07-04-2015, 12:11 AM

Quebec City
Laval
Kitchener
Sherbrooke
Pointe Claire
South Mississauga
Kanata
Vaughan
Brampton Dry
St. Bruno Bay
Ancaster
Guelph
Central Mississauga
Saskatoon
North Edmonton
Red Deer
South Edmonton
Northwest Calgary
Sherwood Park
Airdrie Dry

The sku number is 944196

Thanks for the info, I look forward to more updates. If I lived near you I'd buy ya a beer.

Looks like Edmonton and surrounding regions will have lots to pick from. 3 warehouses in a 30 min driving radius from me.

I'll say this, to the best of my knowledge Metroplex didn't hit this magical clearance like other places. If fact is sold out way faster then I thought. I personally know a guy who bought 6 for himself (right or wrong I don't want to argue about that). The TF demand in my region is slightly insane.

Einstein
07-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Thanks for the info, I look forward to more updates. If I lived near you I'd buy ya a beer.

Looks like Edmonton and surrounding regions will have lots to pick from. 3 warehouses in a 30 min driving radius from me.

I'll say this, to the best of my knowledge Metroplex didn't hit this magical clearance like other places. If fact is sold out way faster then I thought. I personally know a guy who bought 6 for himself (right or wrong I don't want to argue about that). The TF demand in my region is slightly insane.

I will do my best to keep everyone updated

pside9
07-05-2015, 04:31 PM
Thanks Einstein for the intel.

St.Catharines misses out yet again...just like Metroplex.
Looks like I better start considering alternatives to Costco.

wervenom
07-05-2015, 04:47 PM

Much appreciated would love to grab it from Costco at that price

ccsquinty
07-05-2015, 06:00 PM
Much appreciated would love to grab it from Costco at that price

for sure you will...you can go to your vaughan location...

theoneyouknowleast
07-05-2015, 09:47 PM
Thanks for all the hard work Einstein, very much appreciated.

Pgianos
07-06-2015, 03:08 AM
I switched to Walmart too...says I'm getting it Wed bu like everyone else I'm not opening it until the 91st day lol

Masta_Skidz
07-06-2015, 03:52 AM
I will ooen mine when I get it no Costco are near me well not close enough for me to hunt for devy at them

shockwave84
07-06-2015, 07:54 AM
Just ordered 1 off Walmart.ca, says limited stock online. Glad I got up and checked because it was sold out last night.

thebobkat
07-06-2015, 02:33 PM
Perfect Effect add-on kits prices:

http://tformers.com/titan-devastator-transforms-with-perfect-effect-pc-06-and-pc-07-perfect-combiner-upgrade-sets/27049/news.html

PC-06 (Prowlstator head, etc.) $60 USD
PC-07 (individual bots arms/elbows) $30 USD

wervenom
07-06-2015, 02:57 PM
^^ That sucks cause I want everything except that Prowl head thing.

Darth Cylon
07-06-2015, 03:02 PM

http://tformers.com/titan-devastator-transforms-with-perfect-effect-pc-06-and-pc-07-perfect-combiner-upgrade-sets/27049/news.html

I wish Takara would have re-designed Mixmaster....

Masta_Skidz
07-06-2015, 03:32 PM
I am still going to get the Perfect effect upgrades for my Hasbro Devy as I still think it will be a major pain in the ass getting TT Devy though customs

Darth Cylon
07-06-2015, 03:43 PM
I am still going to get the Perfect effect upgrades for my Hasbro Devy as I still think it will be a major pain in the ass getting TT Devy though customs

Welcome to Canada. Land of the Taxed. :canada:

jtkv
07-06-2015, 04:07 PM

PC-07 will also include 6 individual G1 guns!
https://www.facebook.com/perfecteffect.pe?fref=photo

http://www.robotkingdom.com/pepc06.html - $49.90
http://www.robotkingdom.com/pepc07.html - $24.90

Ozrein
07-06-2015, 05:05 PM
Preordered Takara Devy from AE. As long as shipping isn't over ~$50, it'll cost me about what I'd pay at BBTS for Hasbro Devy. I'm really liking the changes done with the Takara version and looking forward to finally having a modern Devestator in my collection.

Goaliebot
07-06-2015, 06:27 PM
$30 PE kit is all I need.

Masta_Skidz
07-06-2015, 07:54 PM
I want the new Mixmaster cab bad so I am getting both, as for takara it is nice but they could have also done this fix to the cab.

protoform_ironhide
07-06-2015, 08:00 PM
I think Hasbro Devastator + This (PC-07 (individual bots arms/elbows) $30 USD), sounds like a reasonable price to me. I don't think I will ever put that Prowl's head on my Devy anyways.

Masta_Skidz
07-06-2015, 08:13 PM
I think Hasbro Devastator + This (PC-07 (individual bots arms/elbows) $30 USD), sounds like a reasonable price to me. I don't think I will ever put that Prowl's head on my Devy anyways.

I might not use the head either but the Cab Bucket and Longer hook as well as the hands make it worth it for me, even if I throw the head in a box, I do however like the actual devy looking head

protoform_ironhide
07-06-2015, 08:18 PM
I might not use the head either but the Cab Bucket and Longer hook as well as the hands make it worth it for me, even if I throw the head in a box, I do however like the actual devy looking head
I need to look at some review before I jump on this.... as 60 dollars for an upgrade kit is very expensive... I can get a leader Ultra Magnus with that money. I still haven't order a Hasbro Devastator yet, just cancelled my order from Toy's R Us. Hopefully Costco will bring them in with a much cheaper price tag.. 30 dollars to have those articulated arms, elbows for the individual sounds fair to me though, if that is the main difference between the Takara and Hasbro.

Socko76
07-06-2015, 09:17 PM
Man, that price is steep. I was really looking forward to making mixmaster looking like an actual truck again but I'm not sure it's worth more than the price of a leader class.

Marcotron
07-07-2015, 10:52 AM
Just wondering, does anybody know how much the SDCC version is going to cost?

CTO15
07-07-2015, 11:11 AM
Just wondering, does anybody know how much the SDCC version is going to cost?

179.99 USD by the looks of it

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/2015/06/sdcc-2015-hasbro-officially-reveals-star-wars-marvel-and-transformers-exclusives

Socko76
07-07-2015, 11:39 AM
I personally don't like the SDCC version. They really need to calm down with all that chrome. The Metroplex chrome was nice, subtle and matched the G1 but the Devy chrome just looks like he was blinged up.

Mega-Prime 316
07-07-2015, 02:18 PM
Just ordered from Walmart.ca! ;)

joshimus
07-07-2015, 06:01 PM
My walmart one is on its way and seeing the 3p addons, may do that over buying takara dev too.

Masta_Skidz
07-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Well seeing as how Wal mart just screwed me on my order that i placed on july 4 and now saying that they have no stock i had to re order with tru and hope wal mart decides to fulfill my order

thebobkat
07-08-2015, 01:30 PM
Takara Devy up on AmiAmi. Nothing on HLJ yet.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-012326&page=top

Chajee
07-08-2015, 01:31 PM
Just had mine delivered from Walmart.

xueyue2
07-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Takara Devy up on AmiAmi. Nothing on HLJ yet.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-012326&page=top

HJL is up, 20000 yen.

https://secure.hlj.com/product/TKT83165/Sci

protoform_ironhide
07-08-2015, 01:47 PM
thats going to end up at least 300 bucks after tax, shipping, custom, etc... So no thanks, Hasbro Devy for me now.

thebobkat
07-08-2015, 01:51 PM
HJL is up, 20000 yen.

https://secure.hlj.com/product/TKT83165/Sci

Huh, weird. Doesn't come up in my searches on the site.

down_shift
07-09-2015, 11:41 AM
He's about $20 more on HLJ as of this morning. Looks like I'll be going elsewhere for it.

QuadESL63
07-09-2015, 12:26 PM
I preordered it @ HLJ... for now. Some places like Hobby Search (http://www.1999.co.jp/) still haven't had the preorder out yet.

Einstein
07-09-2015, 09:28 PM
Still waiting on NY to get this up

down_shift
07-10-2015, 12:01 PM
I bought mine from AE this morning.

Bountyan
07-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Nippon yassan has it for like 178 CAD before shipping

Rodimus Prime1
07-10-2015, 12:51 PM
I bought mine from AE this morning.

http://www.anime-export.com/product/26544

17500 yen, 146.70 us didn't bother converting it to CDN as no one sells in CDN anymore :rofl:

protoform_ironhide
07-10-2015, 12:55 PM
The thing is.. How much is the shipping going to be from these online store?

nuropa
07-10-2015, 01:06 PM
Nippon Yasan preorder is up. Shipping 5400 yen via EMS. Surprising since their UW01 is 4700 yen

Rodimus Prime1
07-10-2015, 01:07 PM
The thing is.. How much is the shipping going to be from these online store?

I would guess at least 2400-3500 yen for 1000 grm

or 4000 -5000 yen for 2000 grms

Einstein
07-10-2015, 01:09 PM
Nippon yassan has it for like 178 CAD before shipping

And ordered :)

thebobkat
07-10-2015, 01:31 PM
I would guess at least 2400-3500 yen for 1000 grm

or 4000 -5000 yen for 2000 grms

My Superion shipping from AmiAmi was about 4800 YEN so the Devastator is going to be somewhere in the 5000-6000 YEN range I think.

Einstein
07-10-2015, 01:52 PM
My Superion shipping from AmiAmi was about 4800 YEN so the Devastator is going to be somewhere in the 5000-6000 YEN range I think.

My Nippon Yasson order offered 2-3 week shipping with tracking and insurance for Devastator for 5000 Yen or 5215 Yen via different services. There was boat which is 3 months and non trackable that was like 1500 or something crazy cheap

Darth Cylon
07-10-2015, 02:54 PM
I just placed PO on UW04 from NY. 17,180¥ + 5,400¥ EMS shipping.

I've using HLJ's shipping system to estimate shipping cost using a large PG and MG Gunpla kits with box size and weight similar to UW04. So 5,400¥ EMS shipping is right on the ball.

protoform_ironhide
07-10-2015, 03:01 PM
How much fee could the custom charge?

Darth Cylon
07-10-2015, 03:10 PM

All my previous orders from NY were marked as 10 yen or something on the shipping label. If NY does the same on Devy it could be a huge advantage. Mind you I always budget for custom/duty on my online order from oversea....because we live in the Taxesland.

thebobkat
07-10-2015, 03:25 PM

I tried this calculator: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/dte-acl/est-cal-eng.html

Based on the CDN$ equivalent of NY's Devy price today, it says I'd get charged about $22...keep in mind there's an additional service fee that gets tacked onto that (the fee for taking a fee...for a service we don't want :P smh).

I preordered it @ HLJ... for now. Some places like Hobby Search (http://www.1999.co.jp/) still haven't had the preorder out yet.

Looks like it's up on Hobby Search now, though their price is 21250 YEN: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10335054

Einstein
07-10-2015, 07:19 PM

None, never been charged customs on any NY order.

Now BBTS, they are horrible for customs

monishb
07-10-2015, 08:32 PM
Ok is HLJ or NY cheaper with EMS shipping?

nuropa
07-11-2015, 12:10 AM
Ok is HLJ or NY cheaper with EMS shipping?

NY for sure. HLJ may have cheaper shipping, but that won't be enough to make up the difference in cost between 17180 yen and 20000 yen.

protoform_ironhide
07-11-2015, 12:52 AM
Ok, placed an order with NY! I actually got my MP Smokescreen from them before, and I have no complain overall. I am going to give them another shot, let's hope there will be no custom fee.. I did all the calculation, I think even with shipping, this price is actually pretty good. Hasbro Devy + upgrade kit already cost more than the Takara Devastator. I rather get the Takara version instead. Now I finally can stop thinking about which version to get and give myself a rest :D

Armagear
07-11-2015, 12:55 AM
Pre ordered a while ago from A3U. Quite some time before they took it off their preorder listings for a brief moment at that.

Einstein
07-11-2015, 08:38 AM
Ok, placed an order with NY! I actually got my MP Smokescreen from them before, and I have no complain overall. I am going to give them another shot, let's hope there will be no custom fee.. I did all the calculation, I think even with shipping, this price is actually pretty good. Hasbro Devy + upgrade kit already cost more than the Takara Devastator. I rather get the Takara version instead. Now I finally can stop thinking about which version to get and give myself a rest :D

I've been ordering from NY for some time now, never had an issue.

monishb
07-11-2015, 03:22 PM
I've been ordering from NY for some time now, never had an issue.

I heard NY is slow sending out their orders. Is that true?

Einstein
07-11-2015, 03:59 PM
I heard NY is slow sending out their orders. Is that true?

Nope, not for me, the delivery choice I make says 2-3 weeks, I get it in that time.

monishb
07-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Nope, not for me, the delivery choice I make says 2-3 weeks, I get it in that time.

Thanks. Cancelled preorder from HLJ and switches to NY with EMS shipping. Do they mark down items on price for customs?

Einstein
07-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Thanks. Cancelled preorder from HLJ and switches to NY with EMS shipping. Do they mark down items on price for customs?

What customs?

JohnathanKong
07-11-2015, 09:13 PM
When you guys order from NY, do you pay later or do you pay upfront?

Einstein
07-11-2015, 09:20 PM
When you guys order from NY, do you pay later or do you pay upfront?

You pay a week or so, maybe 2 before the order arrives at their warehouse. They send you an order notice and you log in to your account and pay.

JohnathanKong
07-11-2015, 09:25 PM
awesome. This is really cheap compared to everywhere else. I cancelled order from Toysrus. Thanks guys!

monishb
07-12-2015, 01:07 AM
What customs?

LOL :canada:BSA

Einstein
07-12-2015, 06:19 PM
Guys I started a new thread for Costco info on CW Devastator, watch it for updates

ConvoyGTR
07-12-2015, 08:58 PM
I went with Amiami. They are usually the cheapest site (not in this case with CW Devastator), and I went there without a second thought.