PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Collection Megatron ( G1 reissue)

chin0bo
05-04-2015, 10:41 AM
Hey guys gotta question hopefully you guys can help me with.
If i were to purchase a reissue g1 megatron from the Usa without an orange cap would it be held at customs or shipped back to seller? cause of those safety and gun replica laws.
i know sellers like bbts are required to put the orange cap on it and so on.
Does the law apply to say a seller (ebay, private seller) in the USA who ships without a cap to Canada?

thanks!

laffy
05-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Hey guys gotta question hopefully you guys can help me with.
If i were to purchase a reissue g1 megatron from the Usa without an orange cap would it be held at customs or shipped back to seller? cause of those safety and gun replica laws.
i know sellers like bbts are required to put the orange cap on it and so on.
Does the law apply to say a seller (ebay, private seller) in the USA who ships without a cap to Canada?

thanks!

It would be a chance your taking, If customs decides to open it you will likely be in some heat... if it where me i would NOT take the chance at shipping it.. unless it has a gun plug and even this may not always help.. im saying i would not ship if i where you buy within the country, much safer:)

Bruticus
05-04-2015, 11:46 AM
It's actually not Canada Customs that have the issue with toy guns, but US Customs... perfectly legal to have a toy in Canada without the orange cap. Seeing the destination is Canada, US Customs does not touch it...the package won't be x-rayed until it gets to Canada Customs and while they could open the parcel (if it's sealed, they never usually open the inner package), but by that time, as long as they mention it's a toy on the declaration, you should be fine.

chin0bo
05-04-2015, 12:19 PM
Awesome! thanks for the info laffy and Bruticus!

Megatron75
05-04-2015, 12:34 PM
It's actually not Canada Customs that have the issue with toy guns, but US Customs... perfectly legal to have a toy in Canada without the orange cap. Seeing the destination is Canada, US Customs does not touch it...the package won't be x-rayed until it gets to Canada Customs and while they could open the parcel (if it's sealed, they never usually open the inner package), but by that time, as long as they mention it's a toy on the declaration, you should be fine.

I have passed on many a good G1 Megatron for exactly the reason that this member raised. I'm not doubting you Dan :) but am just curious how you know that US Customs doesn't scan the packages even for security reasons (weapons, drugs and other prohibited/controlled items/substances). I personally still wouldn't risk it but am still very curious where you heard that they don't scan. I could have sworn that there was a Canadian guy several years ago who had to either redirect (and sell) his MP Megs to a US customer for this reason or pay to have US customs destroy it, despite MP Megs being packaged in robot mode and being oversized.

timcrook
05-04-2015, 01:52 PM
... I could have sworn that there was a Canadian guy several years ago who had to either redirect (and sell) his MP Megs to a US customer for this reason ...

Supposedly you can't sell without the orange plug in USA but you say the authorities in USA made him sell it to an American citizen? That story doesn't make sense.

Megatron75
05-04-2015, 01:57 PM
Supposedly you can't sell without the orange plug in USA but you say the authorities in USA made him sell it to an American citizen? That story doesn't make sense.

Yeah, you're right...it doesn't. Like I said, I don't really remember the details on that particular situation but am very curious about the scanning of packages exiting the USA.

laffy
05-04-2015, 03:53 PM
Is thier any way you can get a friend to take it back from the us.. i know that canada has much laxed laws but omg i could never to take that chance maybe if hes in bot mod but clearly hes not hes shipped in gun form and i could not have the heart to take a gamble on this. id say maybe take him out of the box and ship as a bot but than again what to do with the scope.. please let us know what you decade and as to what happens as in sure we are thinking of you :) im sure some may know is thier a way to get this pre looked at passed by customs so at least you know for sure and have megs pre approved ? just a thought is all

Megatron75
08-14-2015, 12:25 PM

Funny I just stumbled upon one of the YouTube video responses regarding this matter and thought I'd share it. A YouTuber that goes by the name "BikerTrashWolf" uploaded a response video on December 10, 2007 (Re:"Canada customs has won" part 2) that beiefly outlines the issue. Unfortunately, I can't find the original video that he was responding to.

A Canadian collector attempted to import MP Megs from the USA. Apparently BBTS included a disclaimer that indicated that it could be mistaken for a real gun. Canada Customs would not allow it to come into Canada, so the buyer either had to have it destroyed or pay to have it shipped back to the USA. BBTS wouldn't take it back because Canada Customs had ripped the box, so he was debating having it shipped to someone in the states if they submitted a compelling enough YouTube response video indicating why they should have it.

I'm assuming that the MP Megs didn't have an aftermarket orange blaze attached to it and that that's why it was an issue. I have no idea how this matter was finally resolved but I sure am curious.

CAF
08-14-2015, 12:35 PM
One would think if it was shipped in bot mode things would be fine.

Unless those dudes who scan it think Transformers are real...

QuadESL63
08-16-2015, 07:45 PM
My TF Collection book style Megatron, the e-Hobby Microman color scheme Megatron and the 1st Takara re-issue Megatron all passed through custom w/o any problem.

predahank
08-16-2015, 08:16 PM
I have a takara misb reissue or a mib takara white book megs if you wanna be safe and get it in canada
pm me if interested

justprime
08-16-2015, 08:34 PM
What I have done in past if you are not going to leave it sealed is ask the vendor to transform him into bot .mode no longer a gun...and box is just a box. Or add an orange removable cap/plug.

metacooler
08-17-2015, 12:41 AM
I noticed one for sale on kijiji in gta. no shipping worries and Canadian $$$.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/markham-york-region/megatron-transformers-g1-2007-reissue-decepticon-takara-misb/1093100444?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

CanBot
08-17-2015, 02:23 AM
To sum up, does this mean that if Takara decided to reissue MP Megatron (well, a new version that is), and Japan sold it without the cap (which it does), then we can import it to Canada, no problems? As long as I don't buy from a US seller (which I wouldn't anyway)? Sounds good to me!

Megatron75
08-27-2015, 07:22 PM
To sum up, does this mean that if Takara decided to reissue MP Megatron (well, a new version that is), and Japan sold it without the cap (which it does), then we can import it to Canada, no problems? As long as I don't buy from a US seller (which I wouldn't anyway)? Sounds good to me!

In the example that was discussed earlier in the thread, the issue was with Canada Customs not allowing the MP Megatron to enter Canada. I'm sure that most Canadians that order Megatron figures successfully receive them but apparently there's always a risk when purchasing one from a seller outside of Canada.

brr-icy
08-27-2015, 07:58 PM
It's fine, I've had three megs shipped here in gun mode, no issues