PDA

View Full Version : Takara Unite Warriors questions

CanBot
05-04-2015, 12:12 AM
I didn't realize that not only are Takara releasing Menasor with his G1 team (and more era appropriate colours) but Superion as well.

Which begs the question: will they do the same with the other teams?

There's only one I'm considering: BRUTICUS

...I'm thinking they may not, because I don't think there's any other team members in the IDW world, is there? I understand how the Aerialbots and Stunticons have changed it up a bit, but does Bruticus have the same newer members?

It doesn't seem to make much sense that they release a Takara version if what we're getting in NA is more or less the same.

I'd be interested, for sure. I guess since there's no 'official' word of Bruticus anyways it'll be some time before we find out. Unless I'm just out of the loop (which is....a lot :D )

As I've recently started getting into purchasing from overseas, I missed out on the pre-order through Anime Export. They had a great price compared to what the locals are charging. Any other Asian sellers out there, or did I miss the boat completely?

FreedomGundam
05-04-2015, 12:30 AM
It doesn't seem to make much sense that they release a Takara version if what we're getting in NA is more or less the same.

Why not?
We've gotten (and still getting) slightly different Takara and Hasbro versions for YEARS, even if the differences were just in terms of some paint apps or other. Why would this be any different?

nuropa
05-04-2015, 12:36 AM
Takara does Japanese market release, Hasbro is for everywhere else.

CanBot
05-05-2015, 12:27 AM
Why not?
We've gotten (and still getting) slightly different Takara and Hasbro versions for YEARS, even if the differences were just in terms of some paint apps or other. Why would this be any different?

You're right....they're releasing the other CW figs under the 'Adventure' title or something, right?

I just figured that if the NA market is getting the Combaticon team that we remember from G1 (without any of the bonus guys the Stunticons got with Offroad and Blackjack), without any extras, then the two would essentially be the same.

My thoughts are that if Takara are planning on releasing a more G1 hommage to the Combaticons (like the Abots and Scons), then I might as well go that route.

justprime
05-05-2015, 05:58 AM
I would like to see the two missing members released here in single packs so I can choose if I like to have a more accurate g1 combiner team ....since hasbro so into repaints it shouldn't be a problem to do us a slingshot or wildrider

Masta_Skidz
05-05-2015, 06:49 AM
We are getting wildrider and quickslinger they are diamond comic exclusives this has already been said and preorders have came and went this has been said over and over again

down_shift
05-05-2015, 06:49 AM
The short answer is "yes"

CanBot
05-06-2015, 12:46 AM
The short answer is "yes"

My long answer is "sweet!"

Bountyan
05-06-2015, 01:55 AM
Bruticus is practically confirmed, between the multiple Combaticon leaks from computer listing and Hot Spot's general design being very obviously a pretool of Onslaught

CanBot
05-14-2015, 01:08 AM
Do you guys think that the Unite Warriors will keep the same weapons as the originals? There seems to be a lot of swords and axes in the Con CW lineup.

I guess some of the guns double as swords, though. It would be cool that the UW guys get something similar to their G1 counterparts.