PDA

View Full Version : As collectors, how mad would you be upon hearing...

stay70573
05-03-2015, 01:52 AM
So over christmas break I found a SUPER good deal on some Telemocha Beast Wars MSIB figures. They were Optimus Primal, Megatron, and Tigatron. Got all 3 for 70 bucks total

I grew up with the show and the toys, so what did I do when I got em? I opened em up. The whole purpose was to have em for collection, but the child in me just wants to play with them.

But as a collector? Hell they're what, 220 a piece? Does stuff like this make other collectors mad?

Sun Swipe Prime
05-03-2015, 02:21 AM
You paid for them, so you can do what you want with them. Make sweet-sweet love to them for all I care.

Undrave
05-03-2015, 02:28 AM
i'd do the same! That's a sweet deal, good for you!

Robimus
05-03-2015, 03:02 AM
Yeah, I have no problem with it! Glad your having fun!

RNSrobot
05-03-2015, 03:10 AM
Hell of a deal man. Great find.

Bountyan
05-03-2015, 05:06 AM
Why the hell would it make me mad? I'm not the one who owns it. You could take a literal dump on the toy and put it in a blender for all I care.

down_shift
05-03-2015, 05:36 AM
Makes me glad you got a good deal.

JLvatron
05-03-2015, 06:03 AM
Make sweet-sweet love to them for all I care.

You could take a literal dump on the toy and put it in a blender for all I care.

Wow! As a Transformer fan, I could never condone such things for Transformers characters & toys.

As collectors, how mad would you be upon hearing...

As long as you treat them respectfully, I would not be mad. Good for you for getting such a good deal.
And even gooder that you are playing with them! :)

justprime
05-03-2015, 08:41 AM
As a collector who keeps little sealed I think that's great toys need to be free of there boxes and bubbles so they can join there fellow bots

Shockwave 75
05-03-2015, 09:04 AM
I paid $180 (over $200 with shipping) for a MISB Sky Garry a few years ago, and that bastard is opened and proudly displayed on my shelf!

Deception
05-03-2015, 09:13 AM
You paid for them, so you can do what you want with them. Make sweet-sweet love to them for all I care.

as long as u don't plan on selling them!

canprime
05-03-2015, 09:48 AM
The new cheapskate me thinks you could have gotten cheaper by going loose. However the collector me totally understands the joy of buying, and opening, a treasured toy.

Bruticus82
05-03-2015, 10:05 AM
I once had a female wal-mart cashier ask me if I was a collector because I was buying two or three different deluxe transformers. I said yes.

She then asked whether I keep them sealed. I shook my head and said "definitely not, they're transformers, if I keep them sealed, I can never transform them."

JLvatron
05-03-2015, 10:38 AM
She then asked whether I keep them sealed. I shook my head and said "definitely not, they're transformers, if I keep them sealed, I can never transform them."

I respect your fine Transformer morals. :highfive:

Undrave
05-03-2015, 01:17 PM
I once had a female wal-mart cashier ask me if I was a collector because I was buying two or three different deluxe transformers. I said yes.

Darn right! Transformers are my favorite toys specifically because of the tactile fun of transforming them!

I really don't get the sealed collectors.

Well I do keep a couple of toys sealed, but they're spare meant for future customs and I just don't want them to get dusty in the meantime :p but I have more of the same mold I can fiddle with.

Sun Swipe Prime
05-03-2015, 07:02 PM
as long as u don't plan on selling them!

Well... what the buyer doesn't know won't hurt them. Just rinse with soapy water and towel off.

But this does bring up a question. If you saw a Fort Max for sale on Craig'slist for $10 but the description said, "Clean, but was pooped on once by a baby." Would you buy it? And would you care?

Masta_Skidz
05-03-2015, 07:08 PM
But this does bring up a question. If you saw a Fort Max for sale on Craig'slist for $10 but the description said, "Clean, but was pooped on once by a baby." Would you buy it? And would you care?

in this case after spending the night in a tub of vinegar and water or light detergent I would take it for sure but then again I have dogs (raised from puppies) and baby of the way so a little fecal matter is not that much of an issue to me any way.

Big Filipino
05-03-2015, 07:11 PM
As a collector who keeps little sealed I think that's great toys need to be free of there boxes and bubbles so they can join there fellow bots

QFT

Grimtron
05-03-2015, 07:22 PM
It depends on the toy and what you want to do with it. If you want to sell for profit keep it sealed or if you are not selling free it from its prison. The type of toy can determine it to. Like action figures. I see some in box that it is upside and that would be cool in box OR if it has a cool pose you might keep it seal. But if you don't care free it.

stay70573
05-03-2015, 11:40 PM
Im so glad the community is sensible.

I have heard a ALOT worse from other communities about opening rare/expensive sealed toys.

It scares me sometimes how nuts people go over shit like that.