PDA

View Full Version : Stunticons question

Ironwave
05-02-2015, 06:34 PM
I remember when the Stunticons were created in G1 they were a brute force and still are They were 5 Stunticons who formed Menasor: Motormaster, Breakdown, Wildrider, Dead End, Dragstrip. And lately I see members that I don't recognise, I mean the main core is still intact, with members like Blackjack and Offroad. What happened to Wildrider? how come he is not part of the Stunticons? I mean, did he get dejected?

Masta_Skidz
05-02-2015, 06:39 PM
off-road killed him ........ no just kidding but the extended bio for off-road does suggest that Wildrider is off on his own or dead one of the 2

Ironwave
05-02-2015, 06:44 PM
Does it say anymore? Maybe Wildrider got fed up being combined and getting blown or beaten down as Menasor falls, so I am assuming he feels twice the pain

Larkhainan
05-02-2015, 06:58 PM
IDW's explanation was that Wild Rider took pretty poorly to some event in their shared past. Menasor lost to like ten autobots and then later Bumblebee by himself beat up the Stunticons so maybe he was just sick of it.

There is no G1 purist canon explanation.

RaidenisOP
05-02-2015, 07:24 PM
Yeah exactly as Larkhainan put it, Wildrider lost faith in his companions and went his own way for now. as for Superion, Slingshot was killed in a conflict while they were combined.

JLvatron
05-03-2015, 06:10 AM
There is no G1 purist canon explanation.

Pretty much this.

Yeah exactly as Larkhainan put it, Wildrider lost faith in his companions and went his own way for now. as for Superion, Slingshot was killed in a conflict while they were combined.

So is the online toy Quickslinger (or the Takara Slingshot ) supposed to be the ghost of Singshot, then?

JLvatron
05-03-2015, 06:27 AM
I believe the Hasbro production reason is that for the CW toy line, they created some base toy designs to be retooled and used in several different combiner teams.

Like the Breakdown design for teams Stunticons (as Breakdown) and Protectobots (as Streetwise).

Slingshot & Wildrider did not get their own exclusive designs, as they fit well as retools of a base design.
They didn't want a base design repeated in an official team, so they used another base design as a new character. (Alpha Bravo & OffRoad)

They still offered the retools for Slingshot & Wildrider as a limited run (with different names but clearly the same characters).

This way we can still have toys that look like G1 Slingshot & Wildrider, instead of making them a helicopter and pick up truck.

Ironwave
05-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Can a Transformer die while he is combined?