PDA

View Full Version : Megatron Display shelf options in gun mode

laffy
04-27-2015, 03:04 PM
I just picked up the addon it for megatrom mp5 and im looking to dispaly him on my wall in gun mode and maybe add g1 megs. im thinking of a wood carved board with mp 5 at the top and g1 under showing vintage to new and im looking to get a engraved plaque ... one with mp5 info just under and one for g1 and info and other a large deception sticker or mabe having one engraved into the wood or on a plaque.. my dad is a wood carver so thats end is coverd and i have a friend that does Engraving so thats done. I just in need of have any cool ideas as to what might work best or have picture of what they did... Im also thinking of maybe doing a three part display having mp 5 at top ,x transbots apollyon in the middle and g1 at the bottom but my thinking it might be too much.. or it could look crazy cool... Ill be keeping Apollyon in bott mode and on my mp shelf 99% of the time so im thinking just having the two on the display would be best but i would love to have the mounts thier so at times i can have displayed all three together. I cant wait to hear all you guys ideas to this any links to sites where this has been brought up would be great as well :) thanks

jjwankenobi
04-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Sounds cool. Excellent that your dad can make the wood plaque but IMO wood doesn't really suit Megatron. That would look great for some vintage revolvers or maybe a rifle or shotgun but MP-5 in his glorious U.N.C.L.E. mode calls for a gun metal mount that would make the silver of the pistol and the black of the attachments really pop. It would be a shame to cover uop your dad's handiwork but would you consider painting the board first?

laffy
04-27-2015, 03:49 PM
Sounds cool. Excellent that your dad can make the wood plaque but IMO wood doesn't really suit Megatron. That would look great for some vintage revolvers or maybe a rifle or shotgun but MP-5 in his glorious U.N.C.L.E. mode calls for a gun metal mount that would make the silver of the pistol and the black of the attachments really pop. It would be a shame to cover uop your dad's handiwork but would you consider painting the board first?

My thinking the same but since i will have the g1 i thought it would be cool... how do you thnk of having the shelf and instead of a wood caved logo have a plated one in stead :) heres a ruff idea that i found so far :)http://i62.tinypic.com/2lwm88n.jpg both mp 5 and g1 will be in full gun mode so I would spread it out more and use different pegs to hold the guns.. and in the bottom corner add the decepticon logo ... maybe if this works out great my dad and i may make some extra if anyone else whats one too so the more help the better :)....

laffy
04-27-2015, 03:53 PM
does anyone know the size of x transbots megs in gun mode from tip to tip?

jjwankenobi
04-27-2015, 04:09 PM
My thinking the same but since i will have the g1 i thought it would be cool... how do you thnk of having the shelf and instead of a wood caved logo have a plated one in stead :) heres a ruff idea that i found so far :)http://i62.tinypic.com/2lwm88n.jpg both mp 5 and g1 will be in full gun mode so I would spread it out more and use different pegs to hold the guns.. and in the bottom corner add the decepticon logo ... maybe if this works out great my dad and i may make some extra if anyone else whats one too so the more help the better :)....

That is a fraking cool toy btw. A WWII-era M1911pistol and an M1 carbine! Every American G.I.'s. friend! Toys for boys when toy makers didn't think about itchy trigger finger cops! :p

Ok, back to your display. I wouldn't think you'd need to plate the plaque (unless you really want to). There are some great paints out there that would do the trick. Advantage of plaquing would be uniformity to the surface so I do see your reasoning. G1 + MP on the same plaque with the logo is definitely badass.

Megatron75
04-27-2015, 04:28 PM
I like the idea of the official Masterpiece and the G1 on display together. I personally wouldn't crowd the display with a 3rd version, particularly since the MP is already pretty large.

Darth Cylon
04-27-2015, 04:34 PM

The kid in this picture is so cute. Just look at him waving his gun.

Very Mao

jjwankenobi
04-27-2015, 04:50 PM
The kid in this picture is so cute. Just looks at him waving his gun.

Very Mao

LOL.

It would be even more Mao if the kid was brandishing a Russian Tokarev (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TT-33) instead of a Colt :p

Ironwave
04-27-2015, 05:19 PM
I found on Amazon.ca Soundblaster MP-13B Takara Tomy Japan import 180$ free shipping, good price? Original price was 302$

jjwankenobi
04-27-2015, 05:33 PM
I found on Amazon.ca Soundblaster MP-13B Takara Tomy Japan import 180$ free shipping, good price? Original price was 302$

Did you post this in the wrong thread? Anyways he's worth it if you like black repaints but I got rid of mine to focus on "onscreen" characters. Blackwave is from the Japanese cartoon continuity which I don't really connect with.

Ironwave
04-27-2015, 05:44 PM
Oh shit sorry yeah I posted by mistake lol

laffy
04-27-2015, 05:47 PM
talked with my dad and we are going to make a draft first and make a 2.0 one after and when done i will post the plans and who to to make and also my dads going to work on some autobot and decepticon wood carvings and hes going to make my kids door signs :) will post it all when its done but keep the ideas comming :)