PDA

View Full Version : All New Female Transformers Team Combiners

Slave
04-27-2015, 10:49 AM
I cant post in the News section so here it goes:

Source: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/04/27/hasbro-and-idw-creating-all-female-transformers-team

HASBRO AND IDW CREATING ALL-FEMALE TRANSFORMERS TEAM
The new sextet will debut this summer.
BY RACHEL HAAS
Fresh off confirming plans for a shared Transformers universe, Hasbro has now revealed that it is working with IDW Publishing to craft an all-female Transformers team.

The news broke via USA Today that the team will consist of six new female Autobots who join to form new "Combiner" character, Victorion. Expect the group to appear first in comics with July's Transformers: Combiner Hunters miniseries, with Hasbro debuting a toy line sometime later this year.

"Our female fans have demanded to be part of the story," said Sarah Carroll, Hasbro's senior brand manager for Transformers toys. "To have them be represented as well is something that's only natural."

Transformers have always included female characters, including Arcee and Chromia who were of the early "Generation 1" years, appearing in various television series and comics. More recently, an online fan poll helped create the Autobot Windblade, which has since been featured throughout IDW's Transformers comics. Strongarm is another female who found a place on Transformers: Robots in Disguise.

For both parents and children, "it's very important for them to have strong female characters so that they can relate and bridge that love with their kids," said Mairghread Scott, a writer for the animated series as well as IDW's Transformers: Windblade comics.

This is just the latest project in line for the Transformers franchise, following the Transformers Cinematic Universe, as well as a possible release date for the next film, Transformers 5.

Sun Swipe Prime
04-27-2015, 06:01 PM
Victorion sounds a lot like Victorian. I wonder if the fembots will all look something like this. I'm all in for cossets, parasols, and all things steampunky. :D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xexTrDhMSyY/UVYi3dJHwPI/AAAAAAAAGnE/I9CGfAeRoig/s1600/sexy-steampunk-girls-1.jpg

down_shift
04-27-2015, 06:05 PM
I'm less then whelmed by this.

Tonestar
04-27-2015, 06:33 PM
I wonder what the name of the team will be ? By that I mean we have the Stunticons, Combaticons, Technobots, and Protectobots. What will this female Autobot Team be called ? The Female Autobots ?? The Fembots ?? I hope they come up with something good and I presume they will transform into vehicles as no animal based combiners are planned as of yet.

down_shift
04-27-2015, 06:38 PM
I would think it would have something to do with Caminus (or whatever it's called)

Deception
04-27-2015, 07:11 PM
I wonder what the name of the team will be ? By that I mean we have the Stunticons, Combaticons, Technobots, and Protectobots. What will this female Autobot Team be called ? The Female Autobots ?? The Fembots ?? I hope they come up with something good and I presume they will transform into vehicles as no animal based combiners are planned as of yet.

Bootycus

Sun Swipe Prime
04-28-2015, 02:28 AM

This reminds me of a joke.

What's the difference between the Stunticons and the new fembot team?

The Stunticons are a team with a cunning array of stunts. :p

But seriously. If the combiner name is Victorion maybe it has some sort of victory type theme. Victorybots, Champions, etc.

Slave
04-28-2015, 07:31 AM
I support de victorian steampunk theme... :D

Vorahk
04-28-2015, 08:36 AM
Trion's Angels?

wervenom
04-28-2015, 08:51 AM
Trion's Angels?

Been there done that lol

Oreobuilder
04-28-2015, 09:58 AM
Victorion's Secret

OB

Petro Rabbit
04-30-2015, 12:23 AM
*sigh

Whatever. If it leads to some figures of Greenlight, Lancer, Starfire, Moonracer, and Elita-1 sometime down the line, that's all that matters.