PDA

View Full Version : Bayverse movie scales

CanBot
04-20-2015, 12:19 AM
Greetings!

I'm on a roll with moviestuff lately...and scale questions.

In the movies, I know that Bumblebee and Barricade were about the same size, but for the toy versions, would the Leader OP scale well with HA BB? Or Megatron and HA Barricade?

With the Decepticons, having Leader Starscream (HFTD) next to HA Barricade, is there a huge difference with respect to the movie?

Leader Megatron ROTF and HFTD Starscream...are these guys supposed to be similar in size, and what does that mean for HA Barricade? Is it only in my mind that SS and Barricade should be the same size?

Any thoughts, thanks guys. I know this is minor stuff, just thought I'd ask before plunking down the dineros on some HA guys.

Masta_Skidz
04-20-2015, 06:39 AM
Starscream is a like 20 foot long jet and baracade is a mustang so there would be a big difference in size

joshimus
04-20-2015, 09:06 AM
I think Legends Barricade might be in scale with Leader Screamer :p
Seriously though, possibly the deluxe will be reasonably in scale but HA is too large.

CanBot
04-20-2015, 10:20 PM
Wow, HA Barricade would be too big? I would have thought it wouldn't be big enough, as the whole "F21 vs Ford Mustang" shape-shift thing was obviously out of scale, but the robot forms were larger.

My whole thing before was that I wanted the Leaders displayed by themselves, but I've heard that HA were so nice that they could be displayed with them no problem.

Tekkamanraiden
04-20-2015, 10:36 PM
Starscream is a like 20 foot long jet and baracade is a mustang so there would be a big difference in size

The F-22 is 62ft according to wikipedia and the Ford Mustang is 15 ft long. So Starscream should be 4 time bigger.

Masta_Skidz
04-21-2015, 06:46 AM
I have my leader autobots with my human alliance

Bruticus82
04-21-2015, 08:14 AM
You might want to use robot modes and an intermediary scale, because Starscream and Barricade never appear onscreen together than I can think of.

I can't even remember if we see other bots in bot mode next to Barricade except for maybe Bumblebee? Maybe we need to use Sam for comparison. Find a scene where Sam is with Barricade, try and determine how many Sams tall Barricade is, then find a scene with Sam and Starscream (maybe from another movie?) and try and compare heights that way...

miyinan
04-21-2015, 09:00 AM
scale wise, I think the deluxe BB is much better with the leader prime. The deluxe BB looks better than the HA one in robot mode too