PDA

View Full Version : Good Price?

Ironwave
04-15-2015, 05:42 PM
Chimungmung.com has TakaraTomy MP-17 Prowl with Coins for 65$ with taxes and mail is 85$, is it a good price or no? And what are so special about the coins?

Thanks

Rodimus Prime1
04-15-2015, 05:57 PM
dont know if you like kijiji, but prices are cdn, don't forget to check the for sale board

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/oshawa-durham-region/transformers-tru-masterpiece-mint/1058395487?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/city-of-toronto/transformers-masterpiece-prowl-streak-sideswipe-takara-mp-10/202117689?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

jjwankenobi
04-15-2015, 06:06 PM
And what are so special about the coins?

Nothing. Just Takara's way of adding to the collectibility factor.

Markusmaxmus
04-15-2015, 06:26 PM
Has any one orders from Chimungmung.com and how was it for shipping / dutties / Taxs?

Rodimus Prime1
04-15-2015, 06:42 PM
Has any one orders from Chimungmung.com and how was it for shipping / dutties / Taxs?

I believe his prices are US dollars.

and I got nailed on duty, order was under 90.

don't remember if there were taxes

python
04-15-2015, 07:12 PM
I have ordered from Tony in the past, when my two primary sources are sold out.

He will under declare if you ask him to, will pick out good boxes if you make a fair sized purchase or become a regular.

$85 US is not a bad deal, but not great either.

Longshot
04-15-2015, 07:41 PM
I only buy from Tony when I have a few items otherwise shipping is not worth it. And I concur with python, Tony will adjust the declared value before shipping.

Chigimus
04-16-2015, 04:00 AM

Pricing is in US $, but Tony is pretty good to deal with and offers better combined shipping rates if you're purchasing multiple items. Much better than other HK sellers like Robot Kingdom, for example.

I've probably made around a dozen purchases through him over the last 2 years and as far duties/fees go, I've only ever been hit with them once in all the times that I ordered from him, but that was likely it was a higher value purchase ($500+) and was sent via EMS. Otherwise my orders with him have been anywhere between $30 to $280 USD and I've never been hit with duties for these other orders.

MULTIPLEX
04-16-2015, 10:09 AM
Never had an issue with tony with over 10 transactions. Many over $200 value. Always under values and never had customs. Customs forms are marked as "plastic toy". Shipping is high but it's packed well and registered mail. 5 days to my door no joke. Combined shipping is the ideal way to go. Just email him directly, not through his website form. Unfortunately, I've decided to stop using him due to the shitty US dollar conversion right now otherwise he was my go-to guy for non-MP stuff. He always got his stock in first.

Pascal
04-16-2015, 12:48 PM
I mostly buy from chimungmung, always with EMS shipping, but usually loose since I throw boxes away anyway. For my current order (MP Star Saber, Playstation Optimus, TFCC Lio Convoy, TW Shinebug and Infinity Gokin Voltron - almost all die-cast, remember), EMS shipping was $70. Exchange rate sucks bad though. Never paid customs in dozens and dozens of orders.

Darth Cylon
04-16-2015, 01:09 PM
Nothing. Just Takara's way of adding to the collectibility factor.

Actually. The coins are from Hasbro Asia. It's just Hasbro's bonus offer in East Asia get people to buy from Hasbro instead of from Takara.

Trans4mers
04-16-2015, 01:32 PM
The coins are pretty neat to collect. I have all of them except Star Saber.

Still looking for the MP-01L coin.

miyinan
04-16-2015, 03:17 PM
The Japanese releases do not have the coins. The coins are added when the Japanese version is released in HongKong and Mainland China. Anything special to them, not really unless you like to collect coins:)

I have a MISB Hasbro version for sale. Send me a PM if you need it. To my knowledge, there is no difference between the two except that the Hasbro one has the serial number or some printed inside of the foot.

dont know if you like kijiji, but prices are cdn, don't forget to check the for sale board

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/oshawa-durham-region/transformers-tru-masterpiece-mint/1058395487?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-art-collectibles/city-of-toronto/transformers-masterpiece-prowl-streak-sideswipe-takara-mp-10/202117689?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true