PDA

View Full Version : Autobot/Military alliance

Ironwave
03-30-2015, 05:56 PM
They mentioned in AOE that after the events of Chicago that devastated the entire city, killing over 1,300 civilians and a swift of congress ending the Autobot/Military alliance by the US Government. But what I don't understand is didn't the alliance ended in DOTM after Sentinel said that they came for Earth's resources and once they transported all they need, they will leave our world at peace, and for such thing to happen they need to exile the Autobots from Earth. Am I missing anything?

dannydevastator
03-30-2015, 06:36 PM
The humans did exile the Autobots and the
Decepticons still destroyed Chicago.

But regardless i think you got it all.

Larkhainan
03-30-2015, 06:41 PM
And then they worked together against the 'Cons (seen on screen in DOTM) then elements of the US govt betrayed the Autobots in the years following the battle of Chicago (explicitly stated during the fever dream that is AoE)

nicoath
03-30-2015, 08:21 PM
Sounds like you got it right.

But you should take a shot of tequila every time Optimus threatens to kill someone/something. The story seems to come together once your blood-alcohol level is past 0.04.

ARCTrooperAlpha
03-30-2015, 08:22 PM
You're not crazy, this is how Bay movies work: in total discontinuity

Protoman
03-30-2015, 08:27 PM
Before the IDW books would fill in the blanks, but since IDW dropped doing Movie books after DoTM............. well......... now they are in trouble

JLvatron
03-30-2015, 09:32 PM
They mentioned in AOE that after the events of Chicago that devastated the entire city, killing over 1,300 civilians and a swift of congress ending the Autobot/Military alliance by the US Government. But what I don't understand is didn't the alliance ended in DOTM after Sentinel said that they came for Earth's resources and once they transported all they need, they will leave our world at peace, and for such thing to happen they need to exile the Autobots from Earth. Am I missing anything?

In DOTM the alliance was still on between the army and Optimus Prime's Autobots, especially when they returned to Earth.

After movie 3, Frasier ended the alliance, then betrayed the Autobots.