PDA

View Full Version : Online / local store for Transformers (MP) in Vancouver

jaraxel
03-24-2015, 08:00 AM
Hi guys,

I'm going to relocate to Vancouver this year from Hong Kong, land of the cheap preorders. I'm curious where would be the recommended place(s) to get it in Vancouver? Both local or online's cool.

I mostly collect MPs and the occational movie if it's the right scale (rare now).

Thanks,
Jar

Xtreme987
03-24-2015, 08:23 AM
I hear good things about A3U - www.agesthreeandup.com (http://www.agesthreeandup.com)
I've met Boris (the owner) myself at a convention. Really nice guy to talk to. Definitely check out the website above, however never been into the actual store though.

EDIT - Actually I had a look at a map of the store & it is not in Vancouver at all. It's in Burnaby which is east of Vancouver. Still maybe worth the drive to check out.

Slayback
03-24-2015, 08:41 AM
You can get to A3U by transit. The train stop is just outside of the Lougheed Town Centre. The store is clean, well organized with friendly staff. They carry quite a bit of different lines but i dont think they had much in the way of movie lines. Plus Walmart is there too for movie lines.

Optimus primes
03-24-2015, 09:45 AM
Yeah Ages three and up is an awesome store with a wonderful selection. Friendly staff and is well organized. They specialize in Takara Transformers. So if you're looking for masterpieces, check them out.

Soundwaves
03-24-2015, 10:08 AM
Coming fro HK, you're going to have a tough time with any Canadian retailers prices.

Just remember a3u charges you an extra 3 dollars to pick up anything you've ordered online.

You also can't use gift certificates you bought or received as a gift online in store.

Awesome place to visit and browse.

Most of us order our mp figures from Japanese companies and have them shipped here for a little more than half of what a figure costs you at any Canadian retailer.

carissa
03-24-2015, 10:43 AM
Just remember a3u charges you an extra 3 dollars to pick up anything you've ordered online.

And in U.S. dollars

Most of us order our mp figures from Japanese companies and have them shipped here for a little more than half of what a figure costs you at any Canadian retailer.

This here.

OLDMR
03-24-2015, 12:39 PM
your better off ordering from hong kong

jjwankenobi
03-24-2015, 01:39 PM
TF-Direct is based out of Vancouver, stock from Asia.

http://www.tf-direct.com/

If you search Vancouver Craigslist you'll also find there are a couple active, independent TF sellers that us local boardies have used.

Agree that you are better off ordering direct from on-line specialty retailers. We tend to get things relatively faster from Asia compared to East of the Rockies.

funkmasterke
03-24-2015, 01:55 PM
Hi guys,

I'm going to relocate to Vancouver this year from Hong Kong, land of the cheap preorders. I'm curious where would be the recommended place(s) to get it in Vancouver? Both local or online's cool.

I mostly collect MPs and the occational movie if it's the right scale (rare now).

Thanks,
Jar

A3u is an option but its cheaper to shop online.

HLJ, Amiami, Nippon-Yasan are all better options for MPs. As its still cheaper to pay international shipping from Japan than to buy from A3u.

nuropa
03-24-2015, 02:29 PM
I think shipping cost will be the big one for someone never had to pay before. It's almost 25% of the toy cost for recent MPs

jaraxel
03-25-2015, 10:16 AM
aaaah.. I see. Thanks guys. I probably will go shop online if the price diff is that bad. I like to support local stores when I can though... maybe a split :-D

HK is just great in terms of prices... I think most of the datsuns can be had for under 400 HKD (at current CAD prices, approx 60ish CAD)