PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Animated Episode 06 Official Discussion

Code of Honor
01-26-2008, 04:17 AM
Transformers Animated airs on YTV Saturday at 9:30am, with episode 06, titled "Blast From The Past" Yes you can finally talk about who appears in this episode.:)

This thread is here to discuss this episode only, please save the toy and future episode discussion for another thread.
To those that have already seen it, please refrain from posting spoilers until the airing, for the people that have not seen it yet.

Pascal
01-26-2008, 11:30 AM
It was excellent. The sound effects for the Dinobots are really well done. And Grimlock sounds BETTER than the G1 version. Toys should be really cool...

-KG-
01-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Very well done. The dinobots creation and introduction was great. Can't wait to see more of them.

Optimus_Prime
01-26-2008, 01:13 PM
This episode was the first that I've really enjoyed since the premiere.

JLvatron
01-26-2008, 01:30 PM
This episode was the first that I've really enjoyed since the premiere.

I agree, the eps after the premier movie were poor. I hope this ep proves the premier wasn't a fluke.

Nocturn
01-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Best yet.

Scrapper6
01-26-2008, 05:05 PM
It was excellent. The sound effects for the Dinobots are really well done. And Grimlock sounds BETTER than the G1 version. Toys should be really cool...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it confirmed that Grimlock is being voiced by the same actor from Generation One fame? Or were you referring to the sound effects used for his roars?

I am a little dissapointed Slag and Swoop didn't so much as utter one word, I know Dinobots in general are simple minded, unless you follow the comics. But that doesn't mean they don't ocassionaly talk.

I enjoyed the episode to be honest, Megatron is manipulating Sumdac rather nicely and since I missed Episode 4 I'm not sure what happened then. I assume an actual Decepticon will return next episode, but who can say.

CobraCommander
01-26-2008, 05:09 PM
Grim Lock, Grim Lock :D

Best episode I have seen so far!

Code of Honor
01-26-2008, 05:34 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it confirmed that Grimlock is being voiced by the same actor from Generation One fame? Or were you referring to the sound effects used for his roars?

Grimlock is voiced by David Kaye who also plays OP and other random characters, and I think he did good on the Grimlock voice. I really enjoyed this episode, it's so much better having TF vs TF rather then TF vs human.

GMfan
01-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Grimlock's voice is played by David Kaye who also does Optimus Prime on the show.

EDIT: Jynx CoH

jourdo
01-26-2008, 08:30 PM
Very good episode. The voice of Grimlock was perfect! Good job Mr. Kaye. Now give us some Decepticons already.

Team Jetfire
01-27-2008, 03:17 AM
Just saw it, it was one of the greatest so far.

jacobot
01-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Me Like...But, Grimlock transforms because he doesn't like nature anymore...and suddenly there is an autobot symbol on his chest? Me no understand.

2 people think it was terrible?...Me really no understand you people.

brr-icy
01-27-2008, 10:50 PM
awesome episode, hopefully there'll be more like this soon

Oreobot
01-27-2008, 10:58 PM
I LOVED the Dinobots and I can't wait to see more of them! The Dinobot creation story was really good and I liked how Grimlock got his name. I hadn't heard a good explanation for it before.

I liked how Prowl freed them at the end of the episode.

Robimus
01-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Thumbs up, though I still prefer G1 Grimlock's voice and Character at this point. It is nice they gave Grimlock the G1 feel though.
Also I'm really enjoying the Police Chief thus far. Nothing fazes the guy, from Giant car eating monsters to Dinobots to whatever. Dude doesn't even flinch!!!

Dave-astator
01-28-2008, 12:37 AM
I liked the way Megs in screwing around with the doctor....still don't like the kid or Bumblebee...
Looking forward to the Dinobots toys though.

Team Jetfire
01-28-2008, 12:55 PM
Watched it again and still really enjoyed it. Had a LOL moment when bulkhead finally dicided to 'be him' pulled down SWOOP and yelled out

"Sorry MY BAD!"

I'm not too sure about this Key thing though...is it a part of the alspark, or from cybertron cause I'm just not getting why it has so much power....

Code of Honor
01-28-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm not too sure about this Key thing though...is it a part of the alspark, or from cybertron cause I'm just not getting why it has so much power....

It was created by the Allspark from Sari's card key in episode 2, and just like the Allspark it has the power to create sparks, and apparently Cybertroian bodies as well.

Pascal
01-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Me Like...But, Grimlock transforms because he doesn't like nature anymore...and suddenly there is an autobot symbol on his chest? Me no understand.

Because the Dinobots were blasted by the Autobots with the help of Sari's key, who turned them into sentient beings?

Team Jetfire
01-28-2008, 05:14 PM
It was created by the Allspark from Sari's card key in episode 2, and just like the Allspark it has the power to create sparks, and apparently Cybertroian bodies as well.

Thanks, I guess I missed that part :)

tusko
01-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Fun but:
1) The allspark is just forgotten and left in the lake.
2) Ratchet never thinks to take a look at Sari's Key... You'd think he'd be interested in such a medical device.
3) Prime has no interest in contacting Cybertron?

Dinosaurs are cool.

JLvatron
01-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Because the Dinobots were blasted by the Autobots with the help of Sari's key, who turned them into sentient beings?

Other than exposure to the key, it aint explained. Which kinda fits with G1, the Dinobots' sentience was never explained.
It was just accepted as an experiment that resulted in sentient stupidity.

Yobuster
01-28-2008, 07:10 PM
sentient stupidity. hahaha that's a good one. Yeah it was never explained in G1 why dinobots had personalities while the Aerialbots and Stunticons needed Vector sigma to give them life.

Yup definitely plot holes, why didn't Optimus contact Cybertron. Maybe he did but it takes forever for the message to get there.