PDA

View Full Version : MP 25 Tracks preorder discussion thread

xueyue2
03-08-2015, 10:16 PM
As before, let's start list the pre-order sites with price for this forum, so help us get the best deal of preorder MP25.

Anime-Export won't charge shipping until the very end, so you likely need to pay twice.
http://www.anime-export.com/product/24333 (http://www.anime-export.com/index?prdcttype=all)
5250 Yen == 45 USD

nippon-yasan.com (Shipping is increased a lot from last MP, and it's confirmed not a mistake...)
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures-transformers/11285-transformers-masterpiece-mp25-tracks.html
5380 Yen

HLJ, 6000 Yen ... (That's why I stop ordering from HLJ).
http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT83175/Sci

Amiami, 5620 yen
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIGURE-010585&rank=

Hobby Search, 6375 yen
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10315037

Action ROBO, $50
http://www.actionrobo.com/index/index.php?route=product/product&path=33_61&product_id=297

xueyue2
03-08-2015, 10:19 PM
chimungmung also has it listed, no total price, only $10 deposit.
http://chimungmung.com/product_info.php?products_id=2321

The best part of chimungmung is "If Mp25 release with Premium gift will be included."

For anyone interested in the MP coins might worth preorder from chimungmung.
My experience is the preorder from any Japanese site don't include the MP coins.

down_shift
03-08-2015, 10:21 PM
I've ordered from AE a few times. They are fast, inexpensive, and fairly quick to send you product. They do not however come with Amazon Exclusives or Coins when you do a pre-order. Sometimes they will put up a listing after the figure is released that will include both but it will usually be about $30 more than the pre-order price.

AmiAmi, HLJ, Hobbybase, etoys, Nippon. All of them are good places to pre-order from.

Or if your not the "order from the internet" kind of person there are always local businesses that you could utilize.

Pro Tip: if you do a group order then you should be doing that. Splitting the shipping cost is always the best way to go. Shipping for one figure and four figures is usually the same.

namomaz
03-08-2015, 10:41 PM
+1 for Nippon-Yasan. Anime-Export is another great online store but you pay more for shipping.

Rev
03-08-2015, 11:07 PM
AE expects money up front, no?

MULTIPLEX
03-09-2015, 12:13 AM
My only question is does the preorder price include all the cool accessories like the flight mode stand and Raoul? Cause 45 USD seems too cheap to include those things if you consider the other MP car releases at this price point in the past. I would hate for those add ons to be amazon exclusives or something cause I actually want them.

xueyue2
03-09-2015, 12:22 AM
My only question is does the preorder price include all the cool accessories like the flight mode stand and Raoul? Cause 45 USD seems too cheap to include those things if you consider the other MP car releases at this price point in the past. I would hate for those add ons to be amazon exclusives or something cause I actually want them.

I think it should include. Because these stuffs seems will be used by MP25, just like MP22 ultra magus's accessories.
Past experience is that difference preorder from Japan and HK site is coins, or addition weapons.

MULTIPLEX
03-09-2015, 12:27 AM
MP-21 amazon version had the battle mask. The launchers and pile drivers for the Datsuns and Lambors were also amazon add ons. This is why I question the pricing. That and the AE listing makes no mention of the stand or Raoul in the description.

Darth Cylon
03-09-2015, 01:36 AM
The MP coins are Hasbro Asia exclusive offer on Takara MP. Japanese sellers who get their orders from Takara will not get the coins. So far Takara only does exclusive with Amazon JP, which offer some extra accessories.

Masta_Skidz
03-09-2015, 06:49 AM
Raoul and blaster should be regular retail release. Amazon should have their own exclusive

down_shift
03-09-2015, 08:30 AM

I think it should include. Because these stuffs seems will be used by MP25, just like MP22 ultra magus's accessories.
Past experience is that difference preorder from Japan and HK site is coins, or addition weapons.

You don't get the Amazon Exclusive or the Coin when you pre-order with AE.

It was also mentioned in a recent Hobby Mag interview that the price for Tracks is higher because of the stuff that comes with him like the flight stand, mini boom-box Blaster, and Raul.

When I did my order it came to $12 more than what I paid for BB and that's really not a lot for what you're getting. Plus shipping is really cheap with AE.

elburrito
03-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Action Rob has their pre-order up:

http://www.actionrobo.com/index/index.php?route=product/product&path=33_61&product_id=297

xueyue2
03-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Action Rob has their pre-order up:

Thank you, will add it to the first post.

Ironwave
03-09-2015, 11:06 AM
What's AE website?

elburrito
03-09-2015, 11:38 AM
What's AE website?

Anime-Export - the link is in the first post of this thread

Trans4mers
03-09-2015, 11:56 AM
Any ideas if Action Robo MPs include the MP coins? Hows the shipping from Action Robo compared to NY and HLJ?

elburrito
03-09-2015, 12:32 PM
Any ideas if Action Robo MPs include the MP coins? Hows the shipping from Action Robo compared to NY and HLJ?

Shipping cost is comparable to N-Y not sure about HLJ. I'm guessing no coin although I've only ever bought 3rd party stuff from Action Robo in the past.

xueyue2
03-09-2015, 01:29 PM

my experience HLJ is slightly higher than NY.

Darth Cylon
03-09-2015, 02:06 PM
Japanese retailers don't set shipping rate. It's Japan Post. The only difference is the shipping options

HLJ offers only SAL, SAL Registered, EMS from Japan Post.

NY offers a lot more options from Japen post so while both offer SAL as the cheapest shipping, HLJ may be using a different SAL option from Japan Post.

See JP's site for more info.
http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/service/dispatch/index_en.html

Pgianos
03-09-2015, 06:03 PM
I ordered from AE and the weight I put eqivalent to another MP car would be 300 sal so in total its about 60 bucks...but dont quote me im too lazy to figurre it out exact

Pgianos
03-09-2015, 06:04 PM
AE expects money up front, no?

Yes pay within 48 hours

CanBot
03-09-2015, 06:14 PM
Trying to make an account on anime export, but it won't allow a spot for my province. Are they ok with just the city and postal code? I tried to put it in the spot for state, but it wouldn't let me.

Should I get that cleared up before I place my preorder? Thanks for any help, guys.

mcfmullen
03-09-2015, 06:31 PM
When we're discussing shipping, are we talking shipping to Canada or the US?

I'm looking for a place to pre-order to Canada at a decent rate. The standard $75 USD + shipping is now significantly more expensive than it used to be...

justinrj
03-09-2015, 06:45 PM
When we're discussing shipping, are we talking shipping to Canada or the US?

I'm looking for a place to pre-order to Canada at a decent rate. The standard $75 USD + shipping is now significantly more expensive than it used to be...
When I ordered MP Wheeljack from AE, the shipping cost to Calgary (which should be comparable for Tracks) came to 1090 JPY, or about 11-12 dollars Canadian.

Rev
03-09-2015, 07:57 PM
Yes pay within 48 hours

Thanks.

Ozrein
03-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Trying to make an account on anime export, but it won't allow a spot for my province. Are they ok with just the city and postal code? I tried to put it in the spot for state, but it wouldn't let me.

Should I get that cleared up before I place my preorder? Thanks for any help, guys.

Just put the Province in place of the State.

mcfmullen
03-09-2015, 08:42 PM
When I ordered MP Wheeljack from AE, the shipping cost to Calgary (which should be comparable for Tracks) came to 1090 JPY, or about 11-12 dollars Canadian.

Thanks. Pre-ordered from AE.

mcfmullen
03-09-2015, 08:46 PM
Just put the Province in place of the State.

He literally just said that it won't let him.

I ordered just now from AE and had no issues with putting my province in the state field. Try it again. If it still doesn't work, I'd personally try to clear it up before placing an order.

Technically, Mail only relies on Country, civic number, street and postal code since your postal code tells Canada Post which province and city you live in.

The civic number and street help the mail man know what door to go to but with community boxes becoming standard, even those fields will become useless unless a signature is required.

CanBot
03-09-2015, 09:35 PM

I ordered just now from AE and had no issues with putting my province in the state field. Try it again. If it still doesn't work, I'd personally try to clear it up before placing an order.

Technically, Mail only relies on Country, civic number, street and postal code since your postal code tells Canada Post which province and city you live in.

The civic number and street help the mail man know what door to go to but with community boxes becoming standard, even those fields will become useless unless a signature is required.

I'll try again to add the province, but so far nothing. Another issue for me is that I might be moving in the fall, so I hope it's not too tough to change the shipping address later on. If this isn't shipping till Oct, then I should be fine.

Thanks again for the tips!

...just figured it out, I wasn't on an edit screen. I've added them to both, just in case.

Ozrein
03-09-2015, 11:23 PM
There should be no reason that it won't let you type your province where it say "State (US only)"

If you do move just be mindful of it when your item comes in and you request shipping. There's a tiny little button near the item description that lets you change the shipping addy before you request. You'd also be best served to add your new addy right away once you have it. Not sure if the change shipping option will show if you only have one addy in your shipping address list.

Thanks Tips. Let me explain for you. It seems some people are put off by the "US Only" and aren't sure if their province would qualify for that field. I was simply reassuring him that it works just fine.

zuffyprime
03-09-2015, 11:46 PM
Brilliant thread, thank you guys!:highfive:

style
03-11-2015, 06:36 AM
NY is up

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures-transformers/11285-transformers-masterpiece-mp25-tracks.html

$44 USD

Oreobuilder
03-11-2015, 08:15 AM
NY is up

$44 USD

Thanks! Pre-ordered and combined my order with Blingblebee to save on shipping.

OB

xueyue2
03-11-2015, 08:17 AM
NY is up

$44 USD

Thanks, will add to the 1st post and order it too. :D

dingd0ng
03-11-2015, 08:28 AM
Thanks, will add to the 1st post and order it too. :D

What shipping did you choose? Seems shipping is a bit high?

wervenom
03-11-2015, 08:48 AM
Ordered mine from AE yesterday $57 or $58 CAD shipped

dingd0ng
03-11-2015, 09:06 AM

Doesn't AE not charge shipping until th product is released so your just paying the item itself first? That is what i was told, when the item is available then they send you separate invoice for shipping cost. Correct me if i am wrong, I have never bought from AE before.

wervenom
03-11-2015, 09:09 AM
Doesn't AE not charge shipping until th product is released so your just paying the item itself first? That is what i was told, when the item is available then they send you separate invoice for shipping cost. Correct me if i am wrong, I have never bought from AE before.

I don't know. I thought shipping was included:confused:. I've never ordered from them before either. Well all I can hope it's included or it's not expensive if it's not included. Live and learn I guess

justinrj
03-11-2015, 09:17 AM
What shipping did you choose? Seems shipping is a bit high?
At about $22 US for registered Eco, it's definitely much higher than any of the other cars we've gotten so far. Maybe it's because of the other accessories like the flight stand that are pushing up the shipping weight, although you wouldn't expect them to be that substantial.

dingd0ng
03-11-2015, 09:47 AM
I don't know. I thought shipping was included:confused:. I've never ordered from them before either. Well all I can hope it's included or it's not expensive if it's not included. Live and learn I guess

I am pretty sure it is not included. N-Y shipping for this specific item is a lot higher then most of the other MPs i bought from them. The cost of shipping is equivalent to shipping Star Saber at express for just a SAL registered. The extra accessories shouldn't bring the shipping price up so much. I would think to be eco-friendly they would try to use same size box and maybe double tray so the stand is underneath...like how PE Warden was packaged. It would be very dumb to packaged like how Hasbro Prowl is packaged haha.

namomaz
03-11-2015, 09:55 AM

The price you've paid doesn't include shipping fees. Expect an additional $20. Looks like NY increased their shipping fees :mad:

MULTIPLEX
03-11-2015, 10:25 AM
I just added MP Prowl to my cart on N-Y and shipping is $12.69 Eco Registed, which is what I always choose. If I add two to my cart then the combined shipping is $19.29.

But Tracks is $22.58 for one right off the bat. Either the box is way bigger and heavier than the other MP cars or N-Y screwed up their shipping pricing. I'm going to ask them if they made an error in the shipping prices.

dingd0ng
03-11-2015, 10:35 AM
I just added MP Prowl to my cart on N-Y and shipping is $12.69 Eco Registed, which is what I always choose. If I add two to my cart then the combined shipping is $19.29.

But Tracks is $22.58 for one right off the bat. Either the box is way bigger and heavier than the other MP cars or N-Y screwed up their shipping pricing. I'm going to ask them if they made an error in the shipping prices.

Please keep us posted

MULTIPLEX
03-11-2015, 10:50 AM

$45 USD is $57.31 at today's rate of $1.27. So yah, expect a invoice for shipping. Hopefully they are reasonable unlike the N-Y price :argh: I just sent them a support ticket. They have some 'splaining to do http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/images/smilies/deadhorse1.gif

Darth Cylon
03-11-2015, 12:02 PM
HLJ has MP-25 UP too. 6000JPY

Darth Cylon
03-11-2015, 12:17 PM
Yeah something is dead wrong with NY's shipping. No way MP Tracks' shipping cost the same as MP Magnus.

jjwankenobi
03-11-2015, 12:47 PM
Yeah something is dead wrong with NY's shipping. No way MP Tracks' shipping cost the same as MP Magnus.

Was about to pre-order MP-25 from N-Y when I noticed that too. Maybe the stand, Raoul, and baby Blaster makes the box bigger than previous MP car releases? Not MP-22 big, mind you.

I think I'll ping N-Y and ask why this is the case. I've been happy with them in the past and their price can't be beat.

ADDENDUM:

ECO Registered shipping for MP-20 and MP-21 from N-Y cost me $19.33 USD last August so if a boxed MP-25 is comparable to those two then $22.59 USD this time around isn't unreasonable...I guess.

MULTIPLEX
03-11-2015, 12:58 PM
Well at least HLJ states the accessories are included.

Darth Cylon
03-11-2015, 01:00 PM
Honestly unless Takara already informed the retail the box size and weight, the shipping is only an estimate. But given the past experience with the MP red cars, Tracks should be packaged in car mode, Raoul and mini Blaster can easily fit in the bubble tray. And the stand can also easily pack under the tray. We know Japanese companies are well know for great space saving, eco friendly packaging. There's just no way its shipping costs more than the much bigger MP. I shipped MP-13 from Japan for nearly half that.

xueyue2
03-11-2015, 01:01 PM
HLJ has MP-25 UP too. 6000JPY

thx, will add in 1st post.

RocketGTR
03-11-2015, 01:28 PM
Also of note is that invoices I receive from N-Y are in Euro's and not Yen. And they use the HiPay Wallet system out of Europe to accept payment.

And while the CAD is doing well against the Euro right now, there are suggestions that it will be on par with the USD by later this year. Just food for thought. ;)

HLJ does Yen to CAD through paypal.

thebobkat
03-11-2015, 03:28 PM
Some new photos from e-Hobby:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/new-mp-25-masterpiece-tracks-photos-182260/

Darth Cylon
03-11-2015, 03:30 PM
Just for a quick price reference. These are the shipping costs for my previous MP orders from NY.

MP20: 880 Yen Eco - SAL
MP21: 780 Yen Eco - SAL
MP22: 1990 Yen EMS
MP23: 780 Yen Eco - SAL
MP24: 1190 Yen Eco - SAL Registered

So no way MP25 will cost 2490 Yen for Eco - SAL shipping.

dingd0ng
03-11-2015, 04:20 PM
Just for a quick price reference. These are the shipping costs for my previous MP orders from NY.

MP20: 880 Yen Eco - SAL
MP21: 780 Yen Eco - SAL
MP22: 1990 Yen EMS
MP23: 780 Yen Eco - SAL
MP24: 1190 Yen Eco - SAL Registered

So no way MP25 will cost 2490 Yen for Eco - SAL shipping.
agreed that is why i have not yet order it. It might be an error, they might have added an extra digit to their estimated weight for the shipping cost.

funkmasterke
03-11-2015, 08:06 PM
agreed that is why i have not yet order it. It might be an error, they might have added an extra digit to their estimated weight for the shipping cost.

Nope it isn't a mistake, they just responded to my ticket and said thats how much they are charging.

They said its because its a different size, but i highly doubt that its the same size as star saber or UM.

Though lately N-Y has been increasing there shipping costs on everything, I ususlly get bandai exclusives from them but my last thing's shipping was almost doubled...

So I dont think ill be shopping at N-Y anymore.

Abraxys
03-11-2015, 08:12 PM
Nice knowing you Nippo-Yassan....never going to buy anything from you again -_- Please save us HLJ....

....at that price we might as well buy locally.:doh:

Update: Action Robo wants 24$
HlJ: unknown
AE: (estimate according to their calculator) 1,200yen
NY: 2,490¥

Anime export, i guess?

screamer
03-11-2015, 08:23 PM
Thanks for N-Y shipping update. That's robbery. So we are getting a bigger box with free air to justify the increased price? Gonna order from AE instead.

Darth Cylon
03-11-2015, 08:25 PM
I PO'd from HLJ just in case since I can cancel it with them. Yes HLJ is charging 6000 yen. That's 620 yen more than NY but that's about $7 CDN. Plus I order a lot of gunpla, hobby supplies and books from HLJ so I can save a bit with combined shipping.

NY...never say never. If they are losing PO due to them over charging shipping, despite their cheaper PO price, they will learn.

dingd0ng
03-11-2015, 08:30 PM
Thanks for update guys...i just put a preorder with HLJ. I guess Goldbug and MP10 Reissue are my last preorders from them.

Oreobuilder
03-11-2015, 09:07 PM
I'm guessing that the display stand made the box much larger, hence the increase in shipping. I'm a little peeved to have to pay extra for something I won't even use.

OB

Darth Cylon
03-11-2015, 09:13 PM
I'm guessing that the display stand made the box much larger, hence the increase in shipping. I'm a little peeved to have to pay extra for something I won't even use.

OB

How big do you think the stand is? It can't possibly be bigger than the length and width of the box of other MP cars...

Pgianos
03-11-2015, 09:47 PM
If tracks is equivalent to prowl AE charges 680 yen.. Where I bought it...That's another 7 Canadian but you guys are telling me the weight will be well over 550 g so I emailed them and said better get your shit together because being antagonistic gets you far in life

MULTIPLEX
03-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Ok here is the response from N-Y

Hello

Thank you for your message

All the other website probably put this product before receiving the information from the maker about the size and weight of the product

It is most likely that they will ask additional shipping fee after the release

We receive the information from the maker and the shipping is correct

We just don't follow the other website

We rather be honest with the shipping like that customers know what to expect instead of having to ask for additional fee

We could have put a lower weight but we would be late after asking everyone for more money and pretty sure customer wouldn't be much happy about it

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com

Darth Cylon
03-11-2015, 10:18 PM
This is my response from Yoann at NY

Hello

The shipping was set in accordance of the information we receive from the maker

it seems like it will be a bit different from the regular

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.Com

I'll stick to HLJ so I can combine shipping my other stuff.

funkmasterke
03-11-2015, 10:43 PM
I still think N-Y is hustling us, as its not just tracks they are over charging for.

CanBot
03-11-2015, 10:46 PM
I'm still waiting for the shipping quote from AE, but as long as it's going to be even a little cheaper than my usual method (ebay) then I'm ok with it.

xueyue2
03-11-2015, 10:56 PM
Damn, I already preorder with NY, didn't pay. There is no "cancel" button...:(

funkmasterke
03-11-2015, 10:58 PM
Damn, I already preorder with NY, didn't pay. There is no "cancel" button...:(

You have to open a customer support ticket to cancel.

MULTIPLEX
03-11-2015, 11:15 PM
Just placed an order for 2 Tracks with HLJ. Had a good recent experience with them and their Private Warehouse.

Sorry N-Y, but I'm calling your bluff. Plus your combined shipping for two Tracks is barely even discounted. At the worst, if their shipping rate is in fact correct, I pay the same price through HLJ and it's a wash.

namomaz
03-11-2015, 11:21 PM
I've tried HLJ once and got hit with $40 Customs fees. I gave NY a chance and preordered with them.

thebobkat
03-11-2015, 11:32 PM
Giving Anime-Export a go myself. We'll see how it goes. AmiAmi has theirs up now too:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-010585&page=top

MULTIPLEX
03-11-2015, 11:33 PM
I've tried HLJ once and got hit with $40 Customs fees. I gave NY a chance and preordered with them.

N-Y are great. Never had an issue or customs charge. I normally use them exclusively for MPs. But this is my silent protest against them. I want them to proove me wrong before I use them again. They need to know that they aren't the only show in town. I guess we won't know till September.

Darth Cylon
03-12-2015, 12:08 AM

But what did you buy and what shipping options did you use?

I order a lot of things from HLJ every month and only got dinged once for my MP-13. (but in the end still cheaper than buying from any other Canadian or US stores)

RocketGTR
03-12-2015, 12:10 AM

I'm curious what the monetary value of your order was? I've only been hit by customs once ordering from HLJ and that was on an order over $200. Everything under that has been fine and I buy a lot from them. *knock on wood*

I mentioned in another thread but I find HLJ packs better than N-Y. At least in my experience.

namomaz
03-12-2015, 01:28 AM
N-Y are great. Never had an issue or customs charge. I normally use them exclusively for MPs. But this is my silent protest against them. I want them to proove me wrong before I use them again. They need to know that they aren't the only show in town. I guess we won't know till September.

Yeah I have started ordering with NY initially but also wanted to try other online stores. So my second store was AE but they gave me only one option for shipping and it was higher than NY. On my next order I finally gave HLJ a try and ended up paying Customs fees :(
I will stick with NY as a first choice and AE as a second. They better be right about the size of the box. Only time will tell my friend.

namomaz
03-12-2015, 01:42 AM
But what did you buy and what shipping options did you use?

I order a lot of things from HLJ every month and only got dinged once for my MP-13. (but in the end still cheaper than buying from any other Canadian or US stores)

I've ordered masterpieces and my shipping option was EMS. On a side note I think every Anime-Export order is declared as low value so you don't have to worry about getting dinged or not.

namomaz
03-12-2015, 01:52 AM
I'm curious what the monetary value of your order was? I've only been hit by customs once ordering from HLJ and that was on an order over $200. Everything under that has been fine and I buy a lot from them. *knock on wood*

I mentioned in another thread but I find HLJ packs better than N-Y. At least in my experience.

I'm happy to confirm your theory :p my total was $202 CAD before shipping.
Imo Action Robo is the best in terms of packing. They use plastic corners :)

jjwankenobi
03-12-2015, 02:57 AM
N-Y had this to say when I asked why Eco SAL Registered shipping for MP-25 seems higher compared to my previous MP car orders:

Hello

We confirm the shipping cost are correct and there are no error with that. In fact, this item won't be exactly the same as other transformers it's why the shipping are different.
Unfortunately we cannot send the item for more cheaper, for to be able to send it the best conditions.

Please don't hesitate to send another message if you need anything else.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

Meh. PO'd with them anyways.

pandaprime
03-12-2015, 03:16 AM
N-Y had this to say when I asked why Eco SAL Registered shipping for MP-25 seems higher compared to my previous MP car orders:

Hello

We confirm the shipping cost are correct and there are no error with that. In fact, this item won't be exactly the same as other transformers it's why the shipping are different.
Unfortunately we cannot send the item for more cheaper, for to be able to send it the best conditions.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

Is it going to be packaged in robot mode?

Abraxys
03-12-2015, 03:32 AM
Unfortunately we cannot send the item for more cheaper, for to be able to send it the best conditions..

Sounds really sketchy..... Their answers are always different, im not sure what to think. It could be the bonus items making the cost higher? HLJ is also asking for more than usual MP costs, so who knows.... I dont like that we havent gotten a clear reason why its more.... greed?

razin
03-12-2015, 04:00 AM
I got exact same response as jjwankenobi. I guess I'll wait and see what the shipping labels show (if it shows cost on it, like CP and USPS do), if it's more then I paid, time to demand $ back.

MULTIPLEX
03-12-2015, 10:00 AM

Hello

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

Sounds really sketchy..... Their answers are always different, im not sure what to think. It could be the bonus items making the cost higher? HLJ is also asking for more than usual MP costs, so who knows.... I dont like that we havent gotten a clear reason why its more.... greed?

I wouldn't call it sketchy. Every answer I've read from people's ticket submissions have said pretty the same thing. "It's not the same size and the manufacturer has provided them with the numbers to calculate shipping." Personally, until the box pics get released I'm not going to be satisfied with their answer.

But what I'm more bothered with is that when you add 2 of them to your cart, there is virtually no shipping discount. They are charging the same shipping price as MP-10B. I own MP-10B and I know how heavy it is and to think that Tracks fall close to it in box size and weight, that BS to me. So I'd rather take a chance with HLJ and if it ends up being oversized and full of wasted space like the recent Hasbro packaging, then whatever, I still pay the same price as N-Y but hopefully HLJ give a discount for shipping two of them.

Either way, I need him in my collection.

Transbot90210
03-12-2015, 12:22 PM
I ended up preordering from Nippon-Yasan. Shipping prices arent the best but at the end of the day I am paying 8,120 shipped. That is 2-3 week shipping with tracking and insurance.

Today that is $84.95 CND and $67 USD.

Damn our dollar really sucks.

elburrito
03-12-2015, 12:23 PM
Finally put a pre-order in. Went for Anime-Export this time. $57 CAD before shipping. I am a little nervous about what the cost to ship might be. Hopefully $20 or less.

I noticed that the exchange rate between CAD and JPY is far more favourable than CAD to USD.

Example: A-E - 5250 Yen = $54.92 CAD
Action Robo - $50 USD = $63.45 CAD

Another question that it appears I am not the only one to ask is, why has the cost of this MP car increased by about 15 percent? And why is the shipping so much more expensive now.

I don't know the answer to either of these questions, but I do know that the increase appears to be the same across the board. So either MP Tracks is a bigger and heavier box or all of the foreign online retailers have decided to bring their prices closer to the US online retailers, but

BBTS - $79.99 USD = $101.50 CAD

Clearly the Asian sites are still offering a much better deal.

Oberon Prime
03-12-2015, 12:27 PM
I have had excellent experience with purchasing MP-20, MP-21 and MP-22 from HLJ. Been very happy with the prices of the product and shipping has been quite low. Well aside for MP-22 but we all know what a heap of plastic and diecast he is ;)

Still I concur that unless they put a ridiculous slab of diecast in the base of that flight stand that MP-25 should not come close to weighting as much as a larger MP. Though I'd agree a bit more is appropriate.

Also I am not bothered by the price increase too much Sure its an increase of 800 over what I paid for MP-21. But after exchange it is currently only an extra $7 CAD and I can easily justify this for the flight stand and other accessories.

In the end HLJ has worked out well for me. Reasonable prices fair shipping don't have to pay until it comes in and can cancel if i need to. And never get dinged for customs even when I shipped MP-22 via EMS.

As it stands I have no reason to think that what HLJ is offering is anything but above board and reasonable. If other retailers do end up charging a lot more for shipping as NY suggests then this will just simply prove that NY isn't hustling and while I may not be happy with the extra cost I will be able to accept it.

In the end gotta get Tracks no option to skip him as I did for MP-23 and MP-24. And even at $80 CAD shipped he is a better deal this way then going with a North American retailer.

elburrito
03-12-2015, 12:28 PM
Not sure if anyone is aware of "Mandarake". This is an Asian online "Zellers" of toys. While it is hit and miss for availability/stock, sometimes one can find great deals.

They had exhaust a while back for less than $50 CAD shipped!

There are a couple of problems with this site though:

1. when you first arrive at the site, it will give you an "over 18" or not option. Choose "not" or face the landslide of plastic statue porn, and

2. for non-Japanese speakers, if you use an online translator to convert your search term into Japanese, your search on Mandarake (and some of the other Asian sites) will be more effective.

I have not found Tracks on Mandarake yet, but he is coming and I'll bet when he does, it'll be less expensive than other places.

Deception
03-12-2015, 01:24 PM
I ended up preordering from Nippon-Yasan. Shipping prices arent the best but at the end of the day I am paying 8,120 shipped. That is 2-3 week shipping with tracking and insurance.

Today that is $84.95 CND and $67 USD.

Damn our dollar really sucks.

wow really? you should've just waited for slayback to get them in. it's about the same and local too plus you get the extra stuff.

Rodimus Prime1
03-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Well went with AE, First Time overseas buy, kind of feel cheap and dirty now, not to mention bad for our local suppliers but at 58 cdn + ship what is a plastic crack addict to do :(

Looking at the sites chimungmung seems to be the cheapest at 59 us ( have bought from him before) and RK was 56.9 too. Our local suppliers are 79 :(

Sorry guys(local sellers) could not afford it this time

Abraxys
03-12-2015, 08:09 PM
Also I am not bothered by the price increase too much Sure its an increase of 800 over what I paid for MP-21. But after exchange it is currently only an extra $7 CAD and I can easily justify this for the flight stand and other accessories.

I paid 6,040¥ for Wheeljack from NY, Tracks is 7,730 at the same shipping rate. Thats a 17$ increase.

Actually even worse my MP21 was 5,670¥ ......thats a 20$ increase

Oberon Prime
03-13-2015, 01:47 AM
I paid 6,040¥ for Wheeljack from AE, Tracks is 7,730 at the same shipping rate. Thats a 17$ increase.

Actually even worse my MP21 was 5,670¥ ......thats a 20$ increase

Yeah so my statement of $7 more was not completely correct. I went looking back at my past HLJ transactions.

Wheeljack was ¥5200 and ¥780 to ship which exchanged to CAD was $54.22 and $8.15. For a combined total shipped cost of $62.37

Bumblebee was ¥5100 and ¥780 to ship which came to $50.28 and $7.69 respectively in CAD. So shipped he was $57.97

Now who knows what JPY to CAD rates are going to be next September. What I do know is that Tracks is being sold for ¥6000 which with current rates is $62.76 CAD.

So the increased price over Wheeljack of ¥800 works out to be about to be about $8ish extra depending on current exchange rates. I am still okay with this. Tracks comes with cool extra accessories a snazzy 3rd mode (first triple changing MP anybody?) and a Flight Stand. I would not be inclined to say that the increase is unfair it seems pretty realistic to me.

I never looked all that closely at AE but I would never of thought their prices on the cars would be so much more than HLJ to start with but to add onto that their increase for Tracks is truly shocking.

Abraxys
03-13-2015, 04:38 AM
I never looked all that closely at AE but I would never of thought their prices on the cars would be so much more than HLJ to start with but to add onto that their increase for Tracks is truly shocking.

yeah....i put AE by accident, I was talking about Nippo Yassan:doh: All these japan retailers are giving me headaches.

HLJ did increase but 8$ for accessories seems alright to me. Im going with HLJ for now....hopefully their shipping isnt 24$ >.>

Oberon Prime
03-13-2015, 11:46 AM
yeah....i put AE by accident, I was talking about Nippo Yassan:doh: All these japan retailers are giving me headaches.

HLJ did increase but 8$ for accessories seems alright to me. Im going with HLJ for now....hopefully their shipping isnt 24$ >.>

Well I was expecting less than $10 as this is what I paid for shipping Wheeljack and Bumblebee. But then due to weight and size restrictions on SAL shipping I had to go with EMS for Magnus which cost me nearly $40. So I suppose in the grand scheme as long as its somewhere inbetween I will be okay with that. :)

infinite_virtue
03-13-2015, 12:11 PM
Not sure if anyone is aware of "Mandarake". This is an Asian online "Zellers" of toys. While it is hit and miss for availability/stock, sometimes one can find great deals.

They had exhaust a while back for less than $50 CAD shipped!

There are a couple of problems with this site though:

1. when you first arrive at the site, it will give you an "over 18" or not option. Choose "not" or face the landslide of plastic statue porn, and

2. for non-Japanese speakers, if you use an online translator to convert your search term into Japanese, your search on Mandarake (and some of the other Asian sites) will be more effective.

I have not found Tracks on Mandarake yet, but he is coming and I'll bet when he does, it'll be less expensive than other places.

I wouldn't quite call Mandarake a "Zellers" type store. Mandarake is actually a shope that sells second-hand stuff which is why you tend to find items for cheaper. It all really depends on the current market price. It's also the reason why you won't be seeing Tracks on Mandarake until after he has been released, so sometime in Sep/Oct.

I mostly buy from HLJ and AmiAmi and from my experience, AmiAmi shipping tends to be higher than HLJ because they use larger boxes and more paper stuffing than HLJ does which kind of negates the savings unless you buy enough in one shipment to make it worth it. I decided to pre-order from HLJ this time around.

Darth Cylon
03-13-2015, 12:22 PM
I got my MP-20/21/22/23 and 21G from NY. It was great. I still think the shipping with MP-25 is wrong as the box size and contents just cannot be physically bigger and heavier than MP-22. Actually come to think of it. NY made a mistake on MP-22 too as it was obviously over the shipping weight limit by SAL so they shipped it by EMS even though I paid for SAL Registered.

But please don't bash NY for this. I went with HLJ for MP-25 this time. Yes it's 6000 yen there and HLJ is generally a few bucks more expensive than other Japanese sellers but they have a lot more offer on what they sell. Amiami is always sold out, NY jack up prices like crazy after releases (23500 yen for MP-12??), and AE wants your money up front. HLJ offer privater warehouse up to 60 days so I can always do different combine shipping with other stuff I buy from them.

Mind you if NY got the the price and shipping right for the next MP *Ironhide* I would gladly order from NY again.

brr-icy
03-13-2015, 07:50 PM
got mine ordered

Pgianos
03-15-2015, 01:22 PM
When retailers want money up front I know we complain but what it does for the retailers is it gives them buying power so if they tell the distributors hey we are in for 2500 units guaranteed if the price is right (bc they know they have already presold 2500 and are not worried about overstocking) they can get a better price per unit...

xueyue2
03-15-2015, 03:11 PM
Hobby Search has the highest price up to now.
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10315037

Mega-Prime 316
03-21-2015, 03:01 PM
How does Chimungmung compare for buying and shipping?

From what I've seen on their site they seem to have some really good prices and looks to be $20 US shipping worldwide. Most of what I looked at seemed to have a total price shipped, what we pay for the item retail. Am I reading that correctly? How long is the usual shipping time from them?

MULTIPLEX
03-21-2015, 03:11 PM
^ship time is 5 business day for me but I'm in Ontario. He always mark down value and packs extremely well. I've used him many times but the current exchange rate will add quite a bit to the price.

Mega-Prime 316
03-22-2015, 12:20 PM
I was comparing Chimungmung to the North American sources, BBTS and Automaton and his pricing seems a bit better, but the NA sources do offer a bundled shipment.(OOH or Pile of Loot) Just trying to figure out the pros and cons, now that everyone has switched to the US dollar.

MULTIPLEX
03-22-2015, 03:55 PM
I was comparing Chimungmung to the North American sources, BBTS and Automaton and his pricing seems a bit better, but the NA sources do offer a bundled shipment.(OOH or Pile of Loot) Just trying to figure out the pros and cons, now that everyone has switched to the US dollar.

He combines shipping too. You have to email him directly (dont use his site). Done it many times. I usually just send him an email stating what I want and he sends a combined invoice. He may ask for payment for in stock items first then add the shipping cost down the road when preorders are in.

down_shift
03-23-2015, 10:09 AM
Customs fees are the deciding factor for me. BBTS, I always get hit. Automaton is Canadian, so that's a plus.

Me, I buy off of eToys or Anime-Export.

Rodimus Prime1
03-23-2015, 02:06 PM

I did get hit for customs myself when I used him, shipped to me in BC.

Also BBTSfor me get hit with customs too,

As before stated use the Cdn guys if costs are the same. then your guarenteed not to pay any extra

Mega-Prime 316
03-23-2015, 06:01 PM
Yeah customs fees for me are hit and miss. I like BBTS because they get product sooner then here in Canada, but Automaton has the flat shipping and no customs..I have most of my stuff prebooked through Automaton and the only gripe I have is that you sometimes pay for your products 3-6 weeks before you get the product, and I find navagating around your account prebooks to see whats arriving and whats shipping is pretty confusing.

Oberon Prime
03-24-2015, 11:26 AM

I use HLJ for my MP figures and this is where I preordered MP-25. They offer something they call Private Warehouse. Which is very much like BBTS's PoL feature.

thebobkat
03-24-2015, 05:34 PM
New scans from Dengeki Hobby:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/new-masterpiece-tracks-mp-25-images-182345/

MULTIPLEX
03-25-2015, 02:30 AM
Damn looks like the best MP car so far.

Mega-Prime 316
03-25-2015, 05:50 PM
Have to say, the more I see, the better I like!

monishb
03-26-2015, 05:04 PM
Anyone know how long a amiami takes to ship via SAL registered to vancouver?

Darth Cylon
03-26-2015, 05:59 PM
Anyone know how long a amiami takes to ship via SAL registered to vancouver?

That's not a question for amiami. It's a question for Japan Post.

In my experience I usually get my SAL shipment 2 weeks after it was shipped from Japan. Sometimes it took only 1 week, sometimes 3. But it's all in Canada Post's "trusty" hands once the plane left Japan.

Chigimus
03-27-2015, 02:05 PM
A little late to the party so AE is sold out of their pre-order now. Considering Amiami, but never used them before. Does anyone have insight as to how comparable their shipping costs are as well as if we get dinged by customs by going through Amiami?

thebobkat
03-27-2015, 02:24 PM
A little late to the party so AE is sold out of their pre-order now. Considering Amiami, but never used them before. Does anyone have insight as to how comparable their shipping costs are as well as if we get dinged by customs by going through Amiami?

I've been ordering through them quite a bit lately and I haven't had any problems. Not bad for shipping, pretty comparable to most of the Japan based retailers I think. I've never gotten hit for duty from them, but if you keep the batches under $100 or so, I don't think you should get targeted.

CanBot
04-03-2015, 01:53 AM
So it's been a few weeks that I put in my pre-order with Anime Export and haven't heard anything back yet about shipping, or anything else to be honest.

Is this normal with these guys? And for those who have dealt with AE, do they charge the shipping right before the product is ready to go out?

Thanks guys. Not panicking at all, just kinda curious.

justinrj
04-03-2015, 02:29 AM
So it's been a few weeks that I put in my pre-order with Anime Export and haven't heard anything back yet about shipping, or anything else to be honest.

Is this normal with these guys? And for those who have dealt with AE, do they charge the shipping right before the product is ready to go out?

Yeah , that's normal. You won't get billed for shipping until its release date or a couple days before. When the release date comes up, you should get an e-mail from them telling you that the item is ready to ship if you like. You can then either log into your account and click "Pay Shipping" and request that they bill you for shipping or you can let it sit if you have another item coming out that you want it shipped with. Once you request shipping, you'll get another e-mail a little while later with a payment request for shipping for either fast shipping or cheap shipping. Pick the one you want, pay for your shipping, and then you'll get another e-mail after it ships with a tracking number.

CanBot
04-03-2015, 04:45 PM
Thanks; exactly what I wanted to know :D

down_shift
04-04-2015, 09:09 AM

How many did you order? If you only ordered one your shipping will be like $7.00.

CanBot
04-06-2015, 07:05 PM
Just the one; I'll take 7 bucks shipping, woohoo! Although I have a feeling it will be more, just my luck.

If this transaction goes well, I'll be happy to stick with them for future MP releases.

nuropa
04-07-2015, 10:25 AM
How many did you order? If you only ordered one your shipping will be like $7.00.

shipping for MP25 might be higher that previous MP cars since the box size is bigger supposedly. as long as it's under 2kg and 90 cm in shipping box dimension, you can pick SAL and it won't get ridiculous high.

razin
12-02-2015, 05:21 PM
Resurrecting an old thread.

A topic of discussion was NYs stupid shipping cost on MP25, for SAL Registered they charged 2740y, claiming it was bigger. Which we all knew well before that it was the same size box as the other car MPs. I had emailed NY about this but they were sticking to that story. I have finally received my MP25 and the postage label clearly shows the rate of 990y. Grrrrrr. Even with some BS "handling" costs they effed us over on this one (and by "us" I mean anyone else who ordered through them). I have since submitted another ticket for this. Can't wait for the reply......

Rodimus Prime1
12-02-2015, 05:32 PM
FYI My shipping from AE was $13.60 cdn for one Tracks.

Here are some notes on shipping tracks from another thread

"How much did NY want to charge for shipping MP-25? I think they were charging 2200 for RSAL

HLJ is charging only 880 yen for Unregistered SAL, 1290 yen for Registered SAL, and 1450 yen for EMS shipping.

Meanwhile, Amiami is charging 680 yen for Unregistered SAL, 1090 yen for Registered SAL, and 1680 yen for EMS shipping. I am shipping my MP-25 from AA with Registered SAL.

This is why I stopped shopping at NY."

joelones
12-02-2015, 06:36 PM
Kind of makes me worried concerning the three pre-orders I have at NY. At the time, around October, they all seemed decent considering the rather low product price (comparable to others) but higher shipping charges for RSAL. I thought it evened out.

Here's what I have at NY:

MP22
Total products (tax incl.): 12,280¥
Total shipping (tax incl.): 2,740¥
Total: 15,020¥

MP28
Total products (tax incl.): 5,680¥
Total shipping (tax incl.): 1,540¥

MP29
Total products (tax incl.): 11,420¥
Total: 14,160¥

And MP25 at HLJ
Total products (tax incl.): 6,000¥
Total shipping (tax incl.): 880¥
Total: 6,880¥

mr_lude2000
12-02-2015, 07:49 PM
Resurrecting an old thread.

A topic of discussion was NYs stupid shipping cost on MP25, for SAL Registered they charged 2740y, claiming it was bigger. Which we all knew well before that it was the same size box as the other car MPs. I had emailed NY about this but they were sticking to that story. I have finally received my MP25 and the postage label clearly shows the rate of 990y. Grrrrrr. Even with some BS "handling" costs they effed us over on this one (and by "us" I mean anyone else who ordered through them). I have since submitted another ticket for this. Can't wait for the reply......

Im in the same boat as you...shows the cost of 990Yen right on the box. NY totally overcharged on this one, but I felt they totally undercharged when I paid shipping charge of $31USD got my MP Magnus, Bee, and 'Jack combined.

For me, that made it a bit easier to accept getting hosed for $22.56USD to ship Tracks.

ccsquinty
12-02-2015, 07:54 PM
I think i paid amiami cdn$15 to ship mp tracks

Darth Cylon
12-02-2015, 08:22 PM
Kind of makes me worried concerning the three pre-orders I have at NY. At the time, around October, they all seemed decent considering the rather low product price (comparable to others) but higher shipping charges for RSAL. I thought it evened out.

Here's what I have at NY:

MP22
Total products (tax incl.): 12,280¥
Total: 15,020¥

MP28
Total products (tax incl.): 5,680¥
Total shipping (tax incl.): 1,540¥

MP29
Total products (tax incl.): 11,420¥
Total: 14,160¥

And MP25 at HLJ
Total products (tax incl.): 6,000¥
Total shipping (tax incl.): 880¥
Total: 6,880¥

I call BS on their shipping charge again. Given the size of the figures we all see in Takara's promo photos, MP28 should have the same packaging as the other MP cars, which means it will probably cost as low as about 900 yen to ship. And MP29 Should come in the same packaging as MP11, 13 and 22.

razin
12-02-2015, 09:35 PM
I got a response back from N-Y. They claim they paid a higher rate to the maker (Takara) to have it shipped to them......so in turn they bent over the customer to make up for it. That's some real BS right there. Sorry, but I really doubt they paid 2740 for each one....BS.

CanBot
12-03-2015, 02:15 AM
From the word on the big sites, I'm glad I stayed away from N-Y. Thanks for you honesty, and I'll post my shipping from AE when it arrives.

elburrito
12-03-2015, 02:20 AM
AE was about $20 CAD for EMS