PDA

View Full Version : Combiner Wars Gift Set

0taku
02-27-2015, 02:26 PM
So do you guys think there will be any chance that Hasbro would release these guys as a gift set.

Larkhainan
02-27-2015, 02:46 PM
Seems very likely for the holidays. Either platinum edition or retailer exclusive.

0taku
02-27-2015, 02:52 PM
I hope so.. but I'm sure those will be difficult to get a hold of.

dingd0ng
02-27-2015, 03:04 PM
Takara has Superion up as a set with Slingshot. It might be cheaper preordering that then waiting for HAsbro's overpriced platinum series. Better paint job too

QuadESL63
02-27-2015, 03:36 PM
Aren't they going to release Devastator as a box set?

Blitzwing
03-01-2015, 01:33 PM

The Constructicons will only be available as the Titan class gift set. No word on if they'll be released individually, I doubt they will be.

Shockwave 75
03-01-2015, 02:27 PM

The Constructicons will only be available as the Titan class gift set. No word on if they'll be released individually, I doubt they will be.
But the good news is that they are getting a wide release, so all stores will have them, not like Metroplex who, AFAIK, was only available at TRU and Costco.

Blurrz
03-01-2015, 03:03 PM
I'm sure we'll get Superion together via Hasbro in one form or the other, probably a SDCC exclusive.

Masta_Skidz
03-01-2015, 03:57 PM
But the good news is that they are getting a wide release, so all stores will have them, not like Metroplex who, AFAIK, was only available at TRU and Costco.

Metroplex was supposed to be a mass retail release but wal-mart decided not to carry as it took up to much shelf space, so devy might not show up any where but Costco and TRU

CanBot
03-01-2015, 04:01 PM
TRU exclusives tick me off, as there aren't any where I live. Almost every town has a Walmart. But more to the point, why should TFs have ANY exclusives? What's so 'exclusive' about them, other than you have to live in a city that has a TRU?

They're having enough problems with getting new stock in. I've had nothing but a hard time finding the most simple stuff...Skrapnel comes to mind. The fact that I'm sweating if I'll be able to find Dragstrip before the other waves is goofy.

It's a dead horse, I know, but it takes the piss out of collecting when it's such a chore to find what should be easily found in any given toy department of any retailer.

I guess it's just online purchases for me from now on, if this continues.

MitchPoer
03-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Future Shop and Sears had metroplex too

CanBot
03-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Future Shop and Sears had metroplex too

I picked up my first one from Sears...held onto it until it was in Costco, saved a bunch of cash.

Larkhainan
03-01-2015, 04:33 PM
What's so 'exclusive' about them, other than you have to live in a city that has a TRU?Exclusives are an agreement between Hasbro and a retailer who pays a premium to have a toy specifically to themselves. They are "exclusive" to that store, nothing more. They suck for collectors, by design.

Skrapnel is still $6.46 on walmart.ca (http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transformers-generations-legends-class-skrapnel-and-reflector-figures/1099204) if anyone is still looking for him, though I have no idea how that site works for other regions. I ordered him and a bag of marshmellows last week. The marshmellows were really good.

Masta_Skidz
03-01-2015, 05:02 PM
You should blame Wal-mart as they are the ones that don't want to carry anything that takes uo that much space but they did carry stomp and chomp grimlock so here is hoping they do as this set is not as bis as Metroplex

CanBot
03-01-2015, 05:42 PM
Exclusives are an agreement between Hasbro and a retailer who pays a premium to have a toy specifically to themselves. They are "exclusive" to that store, nothing more. They suck for collectors, by design.

Skrapnel is still $6.46 on walmart.ca (http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/transformers-generations-legends-class-skrapnel-and-reflector-figures/1099204) if anyone is still looking for him, though I have no idea how that site works for other regions. I ordered him and a bag of marshmellows last week. The marshmellows were really good.

mmmmmmmmarshmallows :D

I didn't even think Walmart online delivered in Canada...hmm, interesting. I guess it's been a while. I paid twice that for my Skrapnel, but at six bucks you can't go wrong.