PDA

View Full Version : Autobots vs Decepticons

Ironwave
02-19-2015, 06:11 PM
Transformers, More Than Meets The Eye. Autobots wave their battle to destroy the evil forces of, the Decepticons.
(Haha, sorry I had to put it on there lol.)

But anyways, in the Transformers universe, we have the heroic Autobots vs the evil Decepticons who are always fighting for control of a DEAD!! planet. Autobots want peace and Decepticons want peace through tyranny.

So this thread is about whether the Autobots or the Decepticons would win, not about how they look like or who's your favorite Transformer. I'm talking about a FULLSCALE battle between the two factions! Every Bot and Cons alive, every weapon they were created with. Even though I like the Autobots, I say the Decepticons would win.

jjwankenobi
02-19-2015, 08:04 PM
If we're talking strictly G1 I'd say the Autobots were entrenched defenders and the Decepticons were conquering warriors. I never felt the G1 battle was about Cybertron.

It was more like the Autobots defending their adopted home of Earth against the resource-plundering Decepticons that were obsessed with getting back to Cybertron to claim it as their own.

Therefore I'd say both sides won and lost. The Autobots successfully drove the Decepticons off Earth only to find they had to follow them to Cybertron to thwart their enemy's increasing power and divide their forces to guard the humans and their source of Energon in parallel

On the flip side The Decepticons had to surrender their source of Energon (Earth) to gain control of Cybertron.

Ironwave
02-19-2015, 08:06 PM
If we're talking strictly G1 I'd say the Autobots were entrenched defenders and the Decepticons were conquering warriors. I never felt the G1 battle was about Cybertron.

It was more like the Autobots defending their adopted home of Earth against the resource-plundering Decepticons that were obsessed with getting back to Cybertron to claim it as their own.

Therefore I'd say both sides won and lost. The Autobots successfully drove the Decepticons off Earth only to find they had to follow them to Cybertron to thwart their enemy's increasing power and divide their forces to guard the humans and their source of Energon in parallel

On the flip side The Decepticons had to surrender their source of Energon (Earth) to gain control of Cybertron.

I am not talking strictly G1, but in general

jjwankenobi
02-19-2015, 08:23 PM
"Autobots versus Decepticons...who will win?" begs more questions to be answered, i.e., "Honesty versus Dishonesty?", "Intelligence versus Brute Force?", "Honour versus Cheating?", "Brains versus Bullets?".

With that said, I'd say Decepticons would win immediate battles and skirmishes based on their firepower and air superiority (in most iterations of the franchise), but Autobots are destined to win the overall war being the smarter strategists and planners with the better intent ("Defense and Preservation versus Domination through Extermination of the Weak").

Well, in an optimal world, anyways.

My two cents...

Ironwave
02-19-2015, 08:34 PM
Decepticons DESTROY!!! lol

elburrito
02-19-2015, 10:17 PM
In 1986, the autobots did win...decisively. Same with pretty much every other cartoon where the war was the focus. At the end of the day, there are a lot more of them and they are united. Megatron is what holds the deceptions together. Without him, they are disorganized and ineffective.

CanBot
02-21-2015, 12:39 AM
Autobots wave their battle?...no wonder they lost! :D

The G1 story hasn't made any sense to me since back in 86, and I'm pretty sure it didn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense even back then...I do know this, however:

Decepticons would win.

Why?

Because.

How?

Because.

Where?

Because.

That's about all I have to say about that...