PDA

View Full Version : How much are you willing to pay for RiD2015 deluxes?

Goaliebot
02-12-2015, 10:13 AM
So the Canadian pricing for these seems to be set at around $20. With rising labor costs in China, overall higher oil costs over the past few years (though it's down now for a bit), the weakened Canadian dollar, and pressure on Hasbro from stockholders to maintain/improve profits despite gadgets eating market share... I suppose it was inevitable. There seems more flexible pricing in CW, though it too is generally higher... But we like them more so it stings less.

But the RiD15 line seems less in demand from us fans (not a huge surprise, it *is* for kids in the end).

I'm not paying $20 for any of the RiD deluxes we've seen so far, but there are a few I'd buy at $12.xx and more at $9.99, etc. And probably the whole line at another crazy BH deluxe $5 blowout.

So I'm curious what, if anything, the rest of you would pay?

(In general. If you'd pay $50 for a deluxe Bisque with melted butter dipping action, but no more than $10 for the rest, it's the latter in the poll)

mcmus
02-12-2015, 10:14 AM
sorry, they are so bad. Not even a penny.

ironclaugh
02-12-2015, 10:16 AM
Big pass for me. If I cared probably like.. $8 lol.

Goaliebot
02-12-2015, 10:19 AM
You guys are fast - poll is up now.

wervenom
02-12-2015, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't get them for me, but the little TF collector in the house might. If the show is really good and he likes them then $10 and under

Pascal
02-12-2015, 10:31 AM
I'm not fighting to save a few bucks, I'm not that cheap yet. I'll get them at full price if I really want them and on sale if they happen to be. The line doesn't look like it will be that big anyway.

CobraCommander
02-12-2015, 10:44 AM
So the Canadian pricing for these seems to be set at around $20. With rising labor costs in China, overall higher oil costs over the past few years (though it's down now for a bit), the weakened Canadian dollar, and pressure on Hasbro from stockholders to maintain/improve profits despite gadgets eating market share... I suppose it was inevitable. There seems more flexible pricing in CW, though it too is generally higher... But we like them more so it stings less.

But the RiD15 line seems less in demand from us fans (not a huge surprise, it *is* for kids in the end).

I'm not paying $20 for any of the RiD deluxes we've seen so far, but there are a few I'd buy at $12.xx and more at $9.99, etc. And probably the whole line at another crazy BH deluxe $5 blowout.

So I'm curious what, if anything, the rest of you would pay?

(In general. If you'd pay $50 for a deluxe Bisque with melted butter dipping action, but no more than $10 for the rest, it's the latter in the poll)

A few things, I think these are made in Vietnam now, at least that's what I recall from CW packaging? I'm guessing to save on labor costs? Also with the demand for oil dropping, this should help alleviate the costs in upcoming waves, say in 6 months time, no? But to answer your question, I think the most I would pay is $12 for a good figure and say $5 for a crappy one.

Robimus
02-12-2015, 10:48 AM
I'd get the odd one at $9.99 or less.

Except I will pay full price for Jazz should he come along.

FEZaid
02-12-2015, 10:50 AM
For the time being, nothing is appealing from that toy line, even after watching reviews of them. Who know, maybe the will have better stuff but for the first wave, its crap.

Masta_Skidz
02-12-2015, 11:01 AM
Steeljaw was totaly worth the 19.99 i paid

timcrook
02-12-2015, 11:25 AM
The other reason for the higher cost for these toys is because of the smartphone game that goes with the toys.

Deception
02-12-2015, 12:00 PM
nada....i'm going to just stick with the generations figures. they look nicer :)

Deception
02-12-2015, 12:06 PM
The other reason for the higher cost for these toys is because of the smartphone game that goes with the toys.

nah i'm sure they're just trying to milk the franchise. these transformers are more simpler to transform aka less moving parts. they shouldn't cost more to make then the generations figures. also, they're saving paper with the instructions in the back of cards too!

xueyue2
02-12-2015, 12:31 PM
I chose $5.... then I regretted.
I really don't want to buy this line at all, they are so bad...

Badgertron
02-12-2015, 01:03 PM
They aren't Deluxe class, they are Warrior class. There's a difference, namely the reports of even more efficiency in engineering (I am being diplomatic here), and possibly fewer paint apps than in the Prime line. I believe they were supposed to have retailed at $15-17, but for some reason TRU is charging $20 for them.

None of what's been revealed has really appealed to me, but I'm going to keep an open mind, as it sounds like the line is about to get more interesting :) Can't wait to check out the show as well.

elburrito
02-12-2015, 01:16 PM
I liked the TF Animated cartoon a lot and the toys were pretty darn good. I liked the TF Prime cartoon even better, but the toys were (for the most part okay). I am looking forward the RiD cartoon. Maybe it will pick up where Prime left off? If I really like a character in the cartoon and the toy is a better figure than the same character that I have from another line, I will buy it. As far as the toys alone are concerned, there has not been anything particularly impressive about this line that I have seen so $0, for now.

Tekkamanraiden
02-12-2015, 01:16 PM
Only one I want is Grimlock and I'd be willing to pay up to $15.

Team Jetfire
02-12-2015, 01:39 PM
On sale only, so 10-15.

RocketGTR
02-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Picked up Grimlock cuz he was on sale at Target and he's Grimlock. Otherwise the rest I won't bother.

Plainsjumper
02-12-2015, 02:07 PM
Strongarm was the only figure worth full price for me.

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
02-12-2015, 02:13 PM
I like some of the designs, but the actual toys seem to make too many sacrifices to conform to their "step-count," such as Steeljaw's lack of heels or Optimus's block-hands. If they released updated, slightly more complex versions of these toys I'd be willing to pay normal Generations Deluxe prices for them, but as it is they're just not worth my shelf-space.

Protoman
02-12-2015, 02:14 PM
Ignoring the QR coding sticker which Hasbro uses to explain why the minor price hike.

The toys themselves have engineering and paint of a Large Basic and some has as much plastic. So.......... At least THAT price point ($9.99, later $12.99 MAX)

MechanovaKing
02-12-2015, 02:28 PM
I picked:
Wouldn't buy them at any price

But I don't want to sound hash...

I think the figures look fine and I have to hate at them at all. I'm just not enthused at any of the figures I've seen so far. I'm really hoping I change my mind after a few episodes. Or maybe if the figures were half the current size.

Rodimus Prime1
02-12-2015, 02:41 PM
With the simple transformation and lack of details and the smaller size? I guess 15 would be reasonable.

will only get grimmy and maybe the other dinos

RNSrobot
02-12-2015, 02:46 PM
$20 for a deluxe is hard to stomach. I would have a hard time even buying toys I really want like combiner wars at that price point. Especially as the toys themselves seem like they have been cut back. The rid toys look small and too simple without much to justify the price point - or barely the old price point.

I don't want to go on the HASBRO IS CHEAP BLAH BLAH CRAP trail. But little things like lack of wrist swivels, y'know? I love brainstorm. Put him next to springer though, springer has more parts, more articulation, a more complicated transformation (granted, triple changed), and overall feels like a "more expensive toy." But they have the same fold in for the hands to stop away, springer has the extra piece to have the wrist swivel and hinge to fold in...

The cw Deluxes are all restricted by the need for the limb cinnectors, so I don't mind the simplified transformations. So I can live with that, and drag strip is really fun. Silverbolt is REALLY nice. So I can live with some simpler toys (bumblebee/gold fire/nightbeat) if they spring a little extra for waspinator, windblade, rattrap.

I dunno. I wait for sales or price match as it is, but if a toy is still $15 after the usual 25% off routine... Man. That's tough.

Shockwave 75
02-12-2015, 03:02 PM
I said $15, but that is what I feel should be the upper limit.

That said, I have picked up Grimlock and I was surprised by how much I like him. I was taken aback by just how heavy he was. I agree with some of the nay sayers that he should be a voyager class due to his size in the show. But its early in the line yet, so we just might get one down the road.

Ultra Maverick
02-12-2015, 03:13 PM
I picked up Grimlock and only Grimlock becuase he was on sale at Target,
If the series is any good I may pick up a few more but not unless they are on sale

Sun Swipe Prime
02-12-2015, 05:15 PM
I'd pay the price of a normal deluxe. And that's only if I'm in a really spendy mood. I've already gotten the two figures I really wanted, Strong Arm and Grimlock, at sale price. There's no fear of missing out on another Bee, and to me, Steeljaw doesn't hold a lot of appeal considering it's crappy engineering.

Bountyan
02-12-2015, 05:22 PM
First option. The figures look bad. This is the first line since I've started collecting that I've decided to entirely skip.

mcmus
02-12-2015, 05:34 PM
First option. The figures look bad. This is the first line since I've started collecting that I've decided to entirely skip.
This.:raisetheroof:

brr-icy
02-12-2015, 05:49 PM
nothing. if they want to charge $23 with tax, they better be up to par with the rotf line. As they stand, not a chance

Alexander Quinn
02-12-2015, 06:10 PM
I checked no more than $12. I did grab Strongarm on sale for like $15 with tax, but I don't think that was a good deal and she seems like one of the better figures.

Kind of annoyed that I just dropped $20 on Deluxe CW figures at Walmart, and they are much better at least.

Crobot91
02-12-2015, 06:31 PM
$11.30 per deluxe figure.

Grimlock4Prime
02-12-2015, 06:56 PM
I might buy one of the Legends sized figures at some point but the Deluxe/Warrior ones hold no interest for me. I might buy a Grimlock if I see a price that sits right with me but I can live without one.

joshimus
02-12-2015, 08:35 PM
The regular Deluxe Grimlock (not the simple transformation one) is a good figure, sale price sure, but I am having a hard time wanting the rest. Even the legends class figs look too small and cheap for the high pricetag.

Wheeltron
02-12-2015, 11:39 PM
I would probably pay the old $17 norm for Steeljaw because I just want him. I could bring myself to buy a deluxe at full price but for the most part I only shop sales anyway so anything $12 or less would be great sale wise.

Sideswipe
02-13-2015, 12:24 PM
If they make a deluxe Sideswipe I might bite, but otherwise not a penny. Preferred price I guess 12.99 or lower.

Jeem
02-13-2015, 03:17 PM
Why we all hate RID figures. Not even geared towards us.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/7/3/8/6/3/Transformers-Toy-Fair-2015-TFW2005-71_1423835639.jpg

positivelyken
02-13-2015, 03:46 PM
I bought all four deluxes, two at full price. Personally the Animated-esque aesthetic and the personality of these figures did win me over. Yeah, the new price point hurts a little, but everything is getting more expensive these days. There'll always be sales to take advantage of.

Rodimus Prime1
02-13-2015, 05:16 PM
Yeah, saw them yesterday for the first time, priced at 17.95 Cdn, looking at them not to bad for that price, did not buy any would not even look at them for $20 !. I will stick by my $15, would push $ 15.95