PDA

View Full Version : hasbro not honouring my $20 cereal coupon

zuffyprime
02-05-2015, 01:44 AM
so I buy this box of cereal for the $20 hasbro coupon.
I go to enter my pin code at their website today, and I get this lovely message saying,

"sorry, all the coupons have been sold out, due to the popularity of this promotion".

wtf :argh:

If they are going to have a promotion they should have enough coupons for every single pin number attached to every single cereal box that's taking part of the promotion.

Anyone else have this happen to them?:argh:

Cerebros
02-05-2015, 02:31 AM
You're months late. There's an entire thread about this topic, and the coupons were all spoken for within the first week of the promotion.

Luckily for me, I was able to get 6 free Transformers coupons. lol

Ironwave
02-05-2015, 02:43 AM
You're months late. There's an entire thread about this topic, and the coupons were all spoken for within the first week of the promotion.

Luckily for me, I was able to get 6 free Transformers coupons. lol

Details:
- PIN code inside specially marked boxes
- 2-4 weeks for mailed coupon to arrive
- PIN codes must be redeemed by Feb 14, 2015
- Coupon expires: March 31, 2015.
- At the outset of this promotion, there are 25,000 coupons available for $20 off, and 75,000 coupons available for $10 off
- For Canadian shipping addresses only.

Seems like the coupons are good for another month and a half

Larkhainan
02-05-2015, 03:29 AM
He means the next sentence, which is that there is a limit to the number of each coupons they will send out. And yeah, the other thread mentioned it, so I guess that is how it works out.

That being said is it $20 before or after tax stores seem to care about? I know it's somewhat store/cashier dependent, but I'm wondering if the $20 coupons will work on CW deluxes, since they crest over $20 when they're not on sale? I was saving them for Arcee and Chromia, but well we all know how well THAT plan went.

justprime
02-05-2015, 06:42 AM
Still seems like false advertising or fraud if it's within the valid date time line and it's a coupon not a lottery ticket hasbro should be bound by law to honor it.

sarmick01
02-05-2015, 07:36 AM
Well it seems someone has already posted the rules of the coupon thing which clearly states that there are only a certain amount of them. Seems they are all gone.....discussion over.

Pascal
02-05-2015, 08:24 AM
^This. I ended up getting $10 coupons.

Prime Sinister
02-05-2015, 09:06 AM
Return the cereal

JLvatron
02-05-2015, 09:19 AM
It's reasonable for them if they run out of product.
Even if limited in the fine print, it's unreasonable on a coupon with a preprinted PIN!

Hasblo!:argh:

Return the cereal

That's not a bad idea. The stores should be aware of such tactics.

timcrook
02-05-2015, 09:58 AM
Still seems like false advertising or fraud if it's within the valid date time line and it's a coupon not a lottery ticket hasbro should be bound by law to honor it.

The coupons are valid. It is the pin codes that the person is having problems with. There are more pin codes than coupons and that makes sense, or else why not have the coupon in the cereal box.

jtkv
02-05-2015, 11:00 AM
They had the coupons in the cereal box last year... was much better that way for consumers.

The $20 coupons ran out pretty fast..
It looks like the promotion is over, and you are late to the game, unfortunately.